Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Could someone help me understand how exactly stats affect job performance results?
There are basically two effects: matchmaking (which is reflected in the "was elated to meet"/"couldn't find" messages) and stat bonus to score. The latter is part of the displayed 'Skill bonus', the other half of which is relevant job level. There's a moderately complex algorithm that determines the stat bonus.

For example, beauty and sensitivity are said to be the main stats for masseuse, while body and refinement also help. Are beauty and sensitivity equal in value or is one better than the other?

And for body and refinement, how much worse are they than the main two stats?
Sensitivity is special because there's a separate bonus for sensitivity (that only applies to whoring). Otherwise, the main stat is about twice as impactful, and tertiary stats ('boosters') are about half that again. Used to be even lower.

Are they multiplied together and thus should be as even as possible?
No. Each is separately compared to a threshold, and adds to a score used to calculate the 'real' score. As I said, it's an algorithm that can't be explained in a few words.

Is it worth ignoring them completely in stat assignment until the main two are near maxed out?
Depends on what you want to do with the girl. Usually, people max secondary stats first (constitution, obedience, libido).

Do note that if your stats (even tertiary stats) are sub-par, you get a malus.

In general, main stats influence the score more than others. You could get a situation where a low booster can have a bigger negative effect, especially since useful stat values tend to cap out for a given customer difficulty. Of course, these not fixed but variable, sometimes massively so even for the exact same type of customer.

Finally, do not forget that stats contribute to a girl's upkeep and the effects you get from tertiary stats might very well be overshadowed by that.

TLDR: Pump the main stat, then maybe the secondary, and forget about having precise information how the game works. Because it's complex when you actually start looking under the hood.

riseagnst2112

Jun 1, 2020
There are basically two effects: matchmaking (which is reflected in the "was elated to meet"/"couldn't find" messages) and stat bonus to score. The latter is part of the displayed 'Skill bonus', the other half of which is relevant job level. There's a moderately complex algorithm that determines the stat bonus.

Sensitivity is special because there's a separate bonus for sensitivity (that only applies to whoring). Otherwise, the main stat is about twice as impactful, and tertiary stats ('boosters') are about half that again. Used to be even lower.

No. Each is separately compared to a threshold, and adds to a score used to calculate the 'real' score. As I said, it's an algorithm that can't be explained in a few words.

Depends on what you want to do with the girl. Usually, people max secondary stats first (constitution, obedience, libido).

Do note that if your stats (even tertiary stats) are sub-par, you get a malus.

In general, main stats influence the score more than others. You could get a situation where a low booster can have a bigger negative effect, especially since useful stat values tend to cap out for a given customer difficulty. Of course, these not fixed but variable, sometimes massively so even for the exact same type of customer.

Finally, do not forget that stats contribute to a girl's upkeep and the effects you get from tertiary stats might very well be overshadowed by that.

TLDR: Pump the main stat, then maybe the secondary, and forget about having precise information how the game works. Because it's complex when you actually start looking under the hood.
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation! I totally agree that games like this are often better experienced without perfect information about the inner workings. The theorycrafter in me is always happy to learn a bit more, though!

Reactions: DougTheC and Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, I do know a bit about how the game works, I once rewrote some of it for myself, and I still can't predict the game's behaviour all that much. Putting together a 'mechanics guide' would be a pretty big project. See how much effort went into the tagging guide, and that was a lot easier.

You can always code dive for some specific thing you're after. Just be prepared to see it scattered in a dozen places and lack any neat formulas for the most part. :cautious:

There is also the girl stats (financial and experience, that is) page that's probably the best tool to actually test your theories. There was also SummaryMod, but I guess that's not public any more?

NAAPURINJORMA

Jan 5, 2022
im having a problem with being unable to sell any girls any1 know how to fix? i tried to find others with this problem but couldnt find same problem happening to others
theres an image of what happens if i ignore the girl says her goodbye but isnt sold. 1660452371179.png

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
im having a problem with being unable to sell any girls any1 know how to fix? i tried to find others with this problem but couldnt find same problem happening to others
theres an image of what happens if i ignore the girl says her goodbye but isnt sold. View attachment 1983277
your game. You are using an older version.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
is this good?
best slave management game out imo with the Trait mod and download some good skin packs from there site the master girl skin packs link should be in at top of the thread at the HHS site in the link i put

Last edited:

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
I can't get to chapter 5 without bleeding money. Everything goes fine until I rank my girls up to A. Once they're at A rank, I can't support the upkeep and no amount of advertisement or changing customer options saves me from bankruptcy.
well u might have to sell a girl or 2 if u upgrade them all to class A at the same time it will be hard 2 maintain it happened to me for me i usually upgrade constitution 1st so they dont get tired worked for me. i also was on normal difficulty i dont know what diff u are

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
how do I pass the kunoichis mission?
Short, flippant answer is, you don't. Not yet.

Serious answer is to check out the FAQ, linked on the OP of this thread. That is definitely a frequently asked question, and a detailed answer is in the FAQ.

don2sail

Jun 3, 2017
BUG REPORT v2.0 normal difficulty and below verified. Above difficulty not checked. Nighttime bad events are flash reported as skipped. But bad results are still imposed on working slaves as well as the brothel. No message explains what happens but slaves are hurt or the brothel is buried in dirt, etc.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I assume you mean the show/skip options in the preferences? These don't meant don't do the event, they mean don't show the report. It's a UI thing. You don't like not seeing your girls get hurt and your establishment trashed, don't turn it off.

Also, it's 0.2, not 2.0. :censored:

Last edited:

don2sail

Jun 3, 2017
I assume you mean the show/skip options in the preferences? These don't meant don't do the event, they mean don't show the report. It's a UI thing. You don't like not seeing your girls get hurt and your establishment trashed, don't turn it off.

Also, it's 0.2, not 2.0. :censored:
I stand corrected

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
theres an image of what happens if i ignore the girl says her goodbye but isnt sold.
Best done in new folder since yours is so old (can transfer girl folders), and will need to start new game.

Ixiah

Aug 17, 2016
How exactly do you maintain a positive Income in later Chapters ?
No matter how well trained the Girls are, im always losing money, do i get more lower rank whores, or better fewer high ranked ones ?

L-UY

Jul 24, 2021
Just saw a google doc with 24 different personnalities for girls ( ) but the BK files I have says there are only 8.
As of the last version, are there 8 or 24?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
As of the last version, are there 8 or 24?
Starting with 0.2, there are 24.

Technically even more because there is support for custom personalities in girl packs, though there are only one or two packs that I know of that actually make use of that feature. Someone released a pack for a blow-up sex doll, with a custom personality that fit, specifically as a test of how to use the custom personality feature.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes