Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
To expand a little, it's a safe assumption that you will be able to defeat some (or all) of the ninjas a third time. Eventually. That will almost certainly be a part of the plot of chapter 3, which is currently being written. For now, the resolution of the ninja plotline does not exist in the game.

Reactions: selberdreher

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
To expand a little, it's a safe assumption that you will be able to defeat some (or all) of the ninjas a third time. Eventually. That will almost certainly be a part of the plot of chapter 3, which is currently being written. For now, the resolution of the ninja plotline does not exist in the game.
And that third "defeat" of some ninjas in future chapter 3 would be after the current third encounter "standoff" that mentions having to find a way to counter each ninja's special quality.

The third encounter is needed for at least one (random) ninja to progress in chapter 2.

Likely, only one of the three ninjas is working for the enemy of the Princess/King; another may be working for a NPC you know.

skullfire97

Feb 13, 2020
Hello,
I'd like to edit the max level of rank X girls from 25 to 30, can i do it? I checked online but i guess i need the console code to make this edit, is this possible?
If yes can someone please tell me the exact code to make this happening? Thank you!

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Hello,
I'd like to edit the max level of rank X girls from 25 to 30, can i do it? I checked online but i guess i need the console code to make this edit, is this possible?
If yes can someone please tell me the exact code to make this happening? Thank you!
The level cap is hard-coded in BKgirlclass.rpy so no.

Sasha2018

Jun 10, 2017
Is there way to increase maximum number of girl in brothel more than 24? I saved more than 200 girls in girls folder, but it seems like impossible to proceed.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Is there way to increase maximum number of girl in brothel more than 24? I saved more than 200 girls in girls folder, but it seems like impossible to proceed.
See the FAQ:
Q: Is there a way to increase the maximum number of girls (brothel capacity) over 32 ?
(max bedrooms, max girls, max rooms, brothel size)

A:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Is it possible to use animated GIF file in girls folder?
I've never tried it to make sure, but according only Non-animated GIFs are supported. Regardless, it's recommended to convert it to a for optimal support & to reduce the filesize.

grimbeer

Feb 12, 2021
I like the core concept. The execution is complete garbage. Who codes to actively punish the player?
No matter what, I get +1 Evil. That 9 showed up as a 12 for me, when I know the max is 10, 12 with an item in Chapter 1. A whole plot line is barred from the player due to choosing Warrior. From reading the BKchapter1.rpy, this isn't a bug but a feature. The game designer is actively punishing anyone who doesn't play as a mage, no clue why. But mind raping her is A-Okay! I'm just about done with this hot mess.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
I like the core concept. The execution is complete garbage. Who codes to actively punish the player?

No matter what, I get +1 Evil. That 9 showed up as a 12 for me, when I know the max is 10, 12 with an item in Chapter 1. A whole plot line is barred from the player due to choosing Warrior. From reading the BKchapter1.rpy, this isn't a bug but a feature. The game designer is actively punishing anyone who doesn't play as a mage, no clue why. But mind raping her is A-Okay! I'm just about done with this hot mess.
OK, I'm no coder, but it appears that if you beat the girls, you get +1 evil. Is that right?

And you're complaining about that? You think beating people is a good thing? Am I missing something?

Jul 21, 2020
Whether your alignment is evil or good matters very little or not at all in 0.2.

So, what makes this game complete garbage in your opinion is too drastic a boost in a stat, which has zero effect on gameplay?

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
There's nothing wrong with being evil in this game. It's not a value judgement, it's the game's way of adapting to your chosen management style, so that you're not punished for mistakenly clicking good at the start while you clearly meant evil. The more evil you are, the more effective fear-based tactics become, while good players gain a boost to love-based tactics. The game is doing you a favor by automatically boosting the effectiveness of fear-based tactics if you decide to use them very often.

I do agree that some combinations of playerclass and alignment are easier than others. The evil-playstyle may recieve a boost from a reworked farm or a kidnapping mechanic down the line. Suggestions are always welcome.

edit: Also, you're right that you can't access every plotline in a single playthrough. Some parts of the story may change and/or are more easily accessible for different classes/alignments. But these tend to be very minor details.

Last edited:

Ego Orb

Apr 20, 2018
Does MC spirit affect preference change during hypnotism? It was kind of shocking to see that you could actually lose preference on a successful hypnotism of a girl. Also what's up with girls having insanely high spirit? One of them had 8!!!, and the cost too, so expensive for something that barely is worth doing in the first place since it can lower girl love and raises fear. I know mage MCs can get some really nice perks and all on level up, but hypnotism in particular feels really bad.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Does MC spirit affect preference change during hypnotism?
Not during, just gives you a better chance to succeed the roll (and it's important to actually win, equal score isn't a true win)

It was kind of shocking to see that you could actually lose preference on a successful hypnotism of a girl.
Hmm, could it be that she had a negative fixation related to whatever you tried to make her do?

Also what's up with girls having insanely high spirit? One of them had 8!!!, and the cost too, so expensive for something that barely is worth doing in the first place since it can lower girl love and raises fear.
Well... The level of the challenge depends on how extreme your actions are. Only the best wizards in Xeros are capable of double-teaming a girl along with a summoned flesh elemental without her noticing a thing. On the other hand, something simple like subtly influencing a girl's obedience is childs play for your average wizard (and very powerful)

It's only not worth it if you are not much of a wizard, or if you're a wizard that's trying to punch above his weight.

Last edited:

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Dev is looking for some inspiration.
Goldo said:
Hi guys,

So I'm working on bringing some much needed love to Evil players, and this includes new powers that are similar to spells. They should be distinctive from other game mechanics and come with some kind of trade-off due to their evil nature (e.g.: Improve a skill but lowers another), although the net effect is positive. Most powers will impact girls or the Brothel, but some may go beyond that.

The thing is, I've run a bit out of inspiration after designing the first 7-8 powers and I think I need at least double that to make it interesting.

What do you think would be cool new powers that would make sense for Evil characters?
Easiest way to chat about this is by signing up at , but if anyone prefers to drop their ideas here I can repost them there.

Reactions: Yukihirou

MrBloobby123

Sep 30, 2021
is there a modpack that replaces the main game images with real girl equivalent like in whoremaster? it's quite jarring to see anime and real girls mixed.

Sasxri

Sep 1, 2021
Hello, i always get this error code

can someone help me?

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 86, in script
$ calendar.updates()
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 86, in <module>
$ calendar.updates()
File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 2753, in updates
weekly_updates(new_district)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2498, in weekly_updates
update_slaves()
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 505, in update_slaves
slavemarket.girls = get_girls(nb)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 356, in get_girls
girl.randomize(free=free, p_traits=p_traits, n_trait=n_trait, perks=perks, level=lvl)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 263, in randomize
self.refresh_pictures()
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 496, in refresh_pictures
self.portrait = self.get_pic("portrait", "profile", naked_filter = True, and_priority=False, soft=True)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1025, in get_pic
return get_pic(self, tags=tags, alt_tags1=alt_tags1, alt_tags2=alt_tags2, alt_tags3=alt_tags3, and_tags=and_tags, not_tags=not_tags, strict=strict, and_priority=and_priority, attempts=attempts, always_stock=always_stock)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2796, in get_pic
piclist = get_pic_list(target, search_tags, and_tags, not_tags)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2747, in get_pic_list
show_unrecognized = preferences.packstate_unrecognized != "Hide"
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'packstate_unrecognized'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 86, in script
$ calendar.updates()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 86, in <module>
$ calendar.updates()
File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 2753, in updates
weekly_updates(new_district)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2498, in weekly_updates
update_slaves()
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 505, in update_slaves
slavemarket.girls = get_girls(nb)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 356, in get_girls
girl.randomize(free=free, p_traits=p_traits, n_trait=n_trait, perks=perks, level=lvl)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 263, in randomize
self.refresh_pictures()
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 496, in refresh_pictures
self.portrait = self.get_pic("portrait", "profile", naked_filter = True, and_priority=False, soft=True)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 1025, in get_pic
return get_pic(self, tags=tags, alt_tags1=alt_tags1, alt_tags2=alt_tags2, alt_tags3=alt_tags3, and_tags=and_tags, not_tags=not_tags, strict=strict, and_priority=and_priority, attempts=attempts, always_stock=always_stock)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Brothel King 0.2 v220711
Mon Oct 10 13:32:51 2022
```

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Hello, i always get this error code

can someone help me?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Brothel King 0.2 v220711
Mon Oct 10 13:32:51 2022
This happens very rarely, from unexplained causes related to the preferences object/file.
From search thread on 'packstate_unrecognized':

Best try we can think of to make this work:

Run game to get Start menu,
use shift-o to get console, copy-paste
Code:
preferences.packstate_unrecognized = "Rename"
followed by the Enter key, and Esc key to return from console.

Will probably work if you then even load a saved game.

Reactions: Sasxri
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes