Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Is this necessarily a bad thing, though? For example, if you have multiple packs of the same girl from different authors and want the game to consider them all as one girl, e.g.

girl/girlpack_leortha
girl/girlpack_otherauthor

Would there be a conflict or issue in how the game picks certain images? Would the game still select pics from both packs?
The problem is with how it happened for you. You did not have multiple packs of the same girl being treated as one pack. You had multiple packs of 20+ different girls being treated as one pack. The result was (to the game) a single pack with hundreds or thousands of images. So for any image from this pack, you could randomly end up with an image from any of the different girls.

So, if you want them as separate packs, which is what people generally want, then you do not want that behavior.

But, if you want to combine different packs from different creators into one pack, then doing what you describe would absolutely work.

I can see two drawbacks, neither of which is game-breaking like the "multiple girls in one pack" was for you.

First, you will have a larger than normal rate of duplicate images, as you will almost certainly have the same image seen across the different packs.

Second, if one pack is badly tagged, that bad tagging will now have infected the combo pack. So instead of one set that is well tagged and one that is badly tagged, you have one combo set that is badly tagged. Bad tagging is one of my pet peeves in the game. Seeing girls getting nude when the game has not gotten them that far. A girl having sex while walking around town. Things like that. Bad tagging has, over time, been the most common reason that I will take an old pack and revise it. But if that stuff is not as much of a bother, then it's not as much of an issue.

Reactions: selberdreher

domedyne

Jan 7, 2018
The problem is with how it happened for you.
Ah, I'm not the OP with the issue, just someone who had a follow-up question with that sort of girlpack structure :)

Duplicate images aren't too much of an annoyance since it's likely I'll see the same image repeated anyway in smaller packs. Good to know about bad tagging and it's a fair point as far as consistency is concerned.

My main concern was if both packs had different images that shared an exact filename; would the game have always picked one over the other, meaning you would never see one of them?

Cheers.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
My main concern was if both packs had different images that shared an exact filename; would the game have always picked one over the other, meaning you would never see one of them?
I think you would be fine, but I cannot say for certain. The exact workings of how it chooses among the available pics is not something I'm that familiar with. Sorry.

Reactions: selberdreher

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
The game assign one girl pack to each character, even if you have multiple packs of the same girl: you need to name the folders differently to be in the "girls" folder and the game handle them as different girls.
Avoid to have multiple packs of the same girl, merge them in a single folder instead, then remove the duplicates and re-tag the whole pack.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Another open call for feedback from the dev in preparation for 0.3
Goldo said:
So I was working on cleaning up the UI a bit by adding a custom menu for sending a girl to the Farm, instead of the unwieldy succession of renpy menus we have now. And since I'm at it, is there anything you find particularly frustrating or cumbersome about the UI that I should take a look at?

No promises, I don't want to get side-tracked by a large refactoring effort, but if I can improve things a bit for 0.3 I'll give it a try.
Easiest way to chat about this is by signing up at , but if anyone prefers to drop their ideas here we can relay them there.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Is this necessarily a bad thing, though? For example, if you have multiple packs of the same girl from different authors and want the game to consider them all as one girl, e.g.

girl/girlpack_leortha
girl/girlpack_otherauthor

Would there be a conflict or issue in how the game picks certain images? Would the game still select pics from both packs?
If you did want to combine two packs "quick and dirty," that would work, with a directory structure like you have (with "girl/" substituted, of course).

Leortha's comments on why this is not a great idea are valid.

To avoid one conflict, I would copy or move a _BK.ini file to the top-level folder for the girl, above her subfolders, so it should be selected for name & characteristics.

tehfish

Aug 22, 2016
Played this game a LONG time ago, just getting back into it...

But if theres one (minor) flaw that stands out on my new playthrough, it's the rival idiot brothel owner who sometimes parades his latest conquest...

Mostly okay, but one of the events shows water being poured. A sound effect more than 4 seconds would be very excessive, i checked the files and it's 11 seconds long...

We're talking magnitudes too long here...

Jul 29, 2018
Mostly okay, but one of the events shows water being poured. A sound effect more than 4 seconds would be very excessive, i checked the files and it's 11 seconds long...
I've replaced every sound file with a silent one, sound engine here is just weird in general, some of the music in this game still haunts me to this day.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Well if you are saying the event where Kosmo hair catch on fire, then yeah it's water in a form but not really "pure" water. :sneaky:
(The MC is peeing on Kosmo hair)

YaBoiDeath

Sep 20, 2021
Would anyone be willing to take a look into these packs I made? I apologize if any of the character personality files are done incorrectly, as I don't know how they are to be set up

hrjfwf4

Jul 30, 2021
Would anyone be willing to take a look into these packs I made? I apologize if any of the character personality files are done incorrectly, as I don't know how they are to be set up
Mega
it would help a lot if one could download the packs one by one not everyone has a mega subscription (or anymore)

hrjfwf4

Jul 30, 2021
Y sry for taking a bit i can only agree with nahitsnotimportant the packs seem good. I only noticed two things: 1.) you have 4 untagged vids but i assume you just weren´t sure where to put them yet. 2.) you were talking about personality files but there was only one pack with a bk file (which works fine) not sure if you just forgot to add the other ones or just haven´t created them yet
Thx for creating packs since i myself am too lazy and impatient to do so xD

YaBoiDeath

Sep 20, 2021
Y sry for taking a bit i can only agree with nahitsnotimportant the packs seem good. I only noticed two things: 1.) you have 4 untagged vids but i assume you just weren´t sure where to put them yet. 2.) you were talking about personality files but there was only one pack with a bk file (which works fine) not sure if you just forgot to add the other ones or just haven´t created them yet
Thx for creating packs since i myself am too lazy and impatient to do so xD
I couldn't remember which one did and didn't, and I was wondering if I could have some help on how you do those

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I couldn't remember which one did and didn't, and I was wondering if I could have some help on how you do those
If you are using the lastest Picture Namer for BK then there is an option with wich you can create a _BK.ini file for the pack. (see pic)
for the picture namer if you dont have it.

sargelvein98

Nov 29, 2019
Been a while since I've played this game. as such i decided to do a clean reinstall including girl packs and mods. tho i managed to get the game running mostly, it took multiple tries to actually get it running. I've added a traceback file for review

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes