Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Netscape1964

Dec 22, 2018
check if yourAv didn't quarantine something from the game. had mine quarantine a vital dll from my riot games intall not even 3 days ago.

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
check if yourAv didn't quarantine something from the game. had mine quarantine a vital dll from my riot games intall not even 3 days ago.
just fyi you should click reply on someone so they get notified and know someone's post is helping them
(bottom right of their post)

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
I didn't change versions and it happened even after i redownloaded the game. i dont use mods
As netscape said make sure the download then is being done correctly including nothing being ""censored"" out by your over protective parent, I mean teacher, I mean everyone's actually beloved object the pc.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Anybody know how to fix the problem of getting kicked out of the game every time you load a saved game
In addition to what others have said, note that the most stable saves for loading to a newer program release will be saves made on one of your brothel main/home screens.
Saves made during an event are more likely to have problems, sometimes with only minor program updates (due to variable updates, code label changes, etc.)
If you upload your error log (traceback.txt) as attached file or within spoiler tag, we might be able to help.

Last edited:

Henmaster2020

Apr 8, 2021
You can. When she have 75 on libido and she is being "fascinated" for being nude. At the next training you can tell her that she dosn't need to wear cloths.
...sonuva, THAT's how it works?!? I assumed there was was just a willingness value I had to hit, which would be higher if no positive fixation... I hade no idea libido was a part of it! That'll help a lot to know.

Static696

Sep 25, 2022
In addition to what others have said, note that the most stable saves for loading to a newer program release will be saves made on one of your brothel main/home screens.
Saves made during an event are more likely to have problems, sometimes with only minor program updates (due to variable updates, code label changes, etc.)
If you upload your error log (traceback.txt) as attached file or within spoiler tag, we might be able to help.
The problem is something that is off and on and i have no idea what makes it not work the game simply closes when i try to load a save. I cant/dont know how to find my error log

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
The problem is something that is off and on and i have no idea what makes it not work the game simply closes when i try to load a save. I cant/dont know how to find my error log
Then try to send the save file. Maybe we can figure something out of it.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Anybody know how to fix an issue were the game automatically closes after trying to load a saved game. It only happends in saves with kingthandra packs.
Found an issue with Vladilena Milizé, the game crashes when discovering the character é in her BK.ini file (even in comment lines)
But it might be a different issue than the one you're describing, because this error is right at startup, not when loading a save.

Edit: Don't know what I'm doing differently, but now the game is launching but I get an error when saving - so I'm guessing it is the same issue

Edit2: Ok, the Vladilena Milizé pack's _BK.ini file is saved in ANSI encoding and that causes a problem. Opening it in notepad and save-as UTF-8 should fix that (but still unclear if it's the same problem you're reporting)

Last edited:
Reactions: kingthandra

kingthandra

Jun 18, 2021
Found an issue with Vladilena Milizé, the game crashes when discovering the character é in her BK.ini file (even in comment lines)
But it might be a different issue than the one you're describing, because this error is right at startup, not when loading a save.

Edit: Don't know what I'm doing differently, but now the game is launching but I get an error when saving - so I'm guessing it is the same issue

Edit2: Ok, the Vladilena Milizé pack's _BK.ini file is saved in ANSI encoding and that causes a problem. Opening it in notepad and save-as UTF-8 should fix that (but still unclear if it's the same problem you're reporting)
I just re-uploaded the pack without the "é" character and saving it as UTF-8 (why was saved as ANSI anyway? xD)

But no idea if he has issues with other pack.

Reactions: __neronero

Henmaster2020

Apr 8, 2021
I've been trying to get the achievements and I looked up BKachievements.rpy to see what I needed to do and I think there are several that I have done to some extent but they have not triggered.

I have no more things to build at the Carpenters wagon but I don't have Interior Designer ("Build all furniture for chapter %s.")
Did anyone ever figure this one out? Because I went back and tried again, even making sure I got the auto-rest machine built before moving on, and still nothing.

Aug 7, 2020
Hey Sorry if this was already asked before but i could not find it per search function. Is there a way to increase the Job rooms (Onsen, Strip Club etc.) past the limit. For bedrooms there is the brothel.maxbedroom = X and brothel.bedroom = X command but for the job rooms it did not work (example i tried brothel.maxonsen = x, brothel.maxonsenroom = etc but it did not work) i tried to search the code for the variables but i could not find them (not even the bedroom one)

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Hey Sorry if this was already asked before but i could not find it per search function. Is there a way to increase the Job rooms (Onsen, Strip Club etc.) past the limit. For bedrooms there is the brothel.maxbedroom = X and brothel.bedroom = X command but for the job rooms it did not work (example i tried brothel.maxonsen = x, brothel.maxonsenroom = etc but it did not work) i tried to search the code for the variables but i could not find them (not even the bedroom one)
You can change it in BKinit_variables.rpy. Line 536 and you need to start a new game for it to take an effect.
For the bedrooms you need to search in BKsettings.rpy. You can find the max bedroom number in line 96.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
idk if this is even possible but could anyone give me a completed save that's unmodded since i lost mine
Even if we send you one. You just get a ton of message saying that you miss xyz image for this girl etc. And for now it's not that hard to reach the endless part of the game even if you need to start a new game.

Did anyone ever figure this one out? Because I went back and tried again, even making sure I got the auto-rest machine built before moving on, and still nothing.
Most likely something is missing in the code for it to work.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes