Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

bloo2255

Jul 22, 2018
Per bkevents.rpy, "## After a delay, the girl will return to a random location to be found by the player", so if you are searching the same location 45 times you will not find her.
Thanks. It was closer to 5 locations 9 times each, but it seems my problem was moreso using a mod to refill my interactions repeatedly and trying to find her the day after instead of waiting a few days.

Ego Orb

Apr 20, 2018
Playing 0.3 right now, and it seems to be running pretty good, but there's no way to get out of the guard captain's menu once you're done there. Is there a fix for this that anyone knows of?

Kealan

Feb 9, 2018
is it possible to replace MC portait?
Hello, do you mean add other portraits to the ones available? Then yes. Just place the image you want in the "\game\MC" folder of the Brothel King installation directory.
If you want to change the existing ones, also yes. These images are in the same folder, so you could change them or overwrite them.

On a separate note, I have done this myself and have collected a few images (and removed backgrounds) of male characters. Some with harems. You can download my selection of 55 images as potential main character portraits . Note that many are human, because those are easier to find, but there is some minotaur, demon and elf ones I think.

Reactions: tagtar

tagtar

Dec 14, 2020
Hello, do you mean add other portraits to the ones available? Then yes. Just place the image you want in the "\game\MC" folder of the Brothel King installation directory.
If you want to change the existing ones, also yes. These images are in the same folder, so you could change them or overwrite them.

On a separate note, I have done this myself and have collected a few images (and removed backgrounds) of male characters. Some with harems. You can download my selection of 55 images as potential main character portraits here. Note that many are human, because those are easier to find, but there is some minotaur, demon and elf ones I think.
thank you so much!

Werrino

Jun 26, 2018
can someone help me to understand why it is not even launching? i do remember to have played it while ago

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
no even running in the background, i launch it looking at task manager, but no process starts
Try deleting the save folders. There are 2.
1. in the game folder
2. users/username/appdata/roaming/renpy/Bro King with some random number

If that dosnt work then try it with the one what i posted 2 pages ago. (patch already applied on it)

Werrino

Jun 26, 2018
Try deleting the save folders. There are 2.
1. in the game folder
2. users/username/appdata/roaming/renpy/Bro King with some random number

If that dosnt work then try it with the one what i posted 2 pages ago. (patch already applied on it)
tried deleting the save folders, and for precaution moved it also all the folder to the desktop, this time something at least happened, nothing has been shown onscree but a log has been created

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\user\OneDrive\Desktop\Brothel_King-pc/game/BKfunctions.rpy.
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 12, in <module>
from math import prod
ImportError: cannot import name prod

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 485, in finish_load
node.early_execute()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 985, in early_execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 12, in <module>
from math import prod
ImportError: cannot import name prod

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Wed Nov 15 17:08:14 2023

V3 after installing the patch works fine

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
V3 spikes my CPU and GPU usage and just crashes at random intervals. Any fix for that?
It's your pc fault so there isn't any solution for it. But you can try changing the renpy setting for the game. You just need to hold down the shift button when you open the game.

Jul 29, 2018
It's your pc fault so there isn't any solution for it. But you can try changing the renpy setting for the game. You just need to hold down the shift button when you open the game.
Thanks, changed the renderer and it stopped crashing, but still eats a lot of CPU sometimes!

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes