Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
it is in testing phase for quite some time now, doesn't it ? is there any estimate for the release ?
There is none. Maybe it will be tomorow, but it can be months too.

This was Goldo last message regarding the relase of v0.3:

Hi guys, some news:

• I had to overcome a serious case of writer's block, but I am well into writing Chapter 3's story which is why I have been quiet a while. I test events as I write to achieve a passable state and avoid creating a huge testing backlog later on, but that makes it a slow process.
  • There are four main beats to Chapter 3's story. One of them is nearly done, but it was the hardest and the template for others, so it should be easier for me to progress from now on.
  • I have reverted back to Ren'py 8.0.1 which expectedly caused some new problems, but at least I can confirm it removes all of the graphical glitches.
  • Finally, due to the brittle nature of the build I'm working on, it is hard for me to release a 0.3 patch soonish. If you experience serious bugs (I think only the 'color' one was gamebreaking), please use one of the workarounds provided on this thread.
  • I will eventually release a new 0.3 build, complete, using Renpy 8.0.1. It will hopefully be more stable.

Cheers... Keep on brotheling!

And this was writen in november.

Last edited:

Thungar

Nov 28, 2020
There is none. Maybe it will be tomorow, but it can be months too.

This was Goldo last message regarding the relase of v0.3:

Hi guys, some news:

• I had to overcome a serious case of writer's block, but I am well into writing Chapter 3's story which is why I have been quiet a while. I test events as I write to achieve a passable state and avoid creating a huge testing backlog later on, but that makes it a slow process.
  • There are four main beats to Chapter 3's story. One of them is nearly done, but it was the hardest and the template for others, so it should be easier for me to progress from now on.
  • I have reverted back to Ren'py 8.0.1 which expectedly caused some new problems, but at least I can confirm it removes all of the graphical glitches.
  • Finally, due to the brittle nature of the build I'm working on, it is hard for me to release a 0.3 patch soonish. If you experience serious bugs (I think only the 'color' one was gamebreaking), please use one of the workarounds provided on this thread.
  • I will eventually release a new 0.3 build, complete, using Renpy 8.0.1. It will hopefully be more stable.

Cheers... Keep on brotheling!

And this was writen in november.
many thanks for the quick and detailed answer ! i keep my fingers crossed then and hope for the best

carloskpo120

Apr 2, 2022
the game version 0.3 has to translate the game because I want to play in my language because there are times in the options and I get confused

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
the game version 0.3 has to translate the game because I want to play in my language because there are times in the options and I get confused
I dont think anyone will be doing it. There are 2 reason for it.

1. It's to much work.
2. With every patch they need to redo it all over again.

Reactions: mathias

HGS1234

May 20, 2018
Several. E.g.
Code:
MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(item_dict["Small  dog collar"]))

Note the double space. To get certain special items that are not covered by 'item_dict', use
Code:
MC.items.append(makibishi)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I seem to be stupid and/or having difficulty executing this command in the Console.

I tried entering MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(item_dict["Small dog collar"])) and I seem to be getting an error, which I attached. I was also wondering where to find the list of the terms for 'rarity' such as "Small" in the example above (Small dog collar). I am trying to figure out how to give myself 'Legendary' items, but don't know the command for it.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I seem to be stupid and/or having difficulty executing this command in the Console.

I tried entering MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(item_dict["Small dog collar"])) and I seem to be getting an error, which I attached. I was also wondering where to find the list of the terms for 'rarity' such as "Small" in the example above (Small dog collar). I am trying to figure out how to give myself 'Legendary' items, but don't know the command for it.
Because there is no such thing as "Small dog collar". Btw you can find the item list in BKitems.rpy

HGS1234

May 20, 2018
Because there is no such thing as "Small dog collar". Btw you can find the item list in BKitems.rpy
I found the list of items in BKItems.rpy. I see all of the items listed, including "Dog collar". Do you know how to use the console to append the MC with a Legendary Dog Collar, as an example?

I am able to append the MC with items that do not have a 'rarity' adjective. So for instance I entered MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(item_dict["Ornate bow"])) and it successfully gave my MC the Ornate bow. I just can't seem to figure out how to give myself items like 'Magical Gold bag' or 'Legendary Seethrough Dress', for instance.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I found the list of items in BKItems.rpy. I see all of the items listed, including "Dog collar". Do you know how to use the console to append the MC with a Legendary Dog Collar, as an example?

I am able to append the MC with items that do not have a 'rarity' adjective. So for instance I entered MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(item_dict["Ornate bow"])) and it successfully gave my MC the Ornate bow. I just can't seem to figure out how to give myself items like 'Magical Gold bag' or 'Legendary Seethrough Dress', for instance.
I dont think you can. But you can ask Goldo on the forum if there is a way.

WarblGarbl

Oct 10, 2017
Does it matter if i auto-cast a spell during the day vs night?
I think it might affect sales prices, because if you sell a girl, if her stats are higher she'll sell for more. With training, I think if their stats are lower they gain stats faster, so actually casting it before training that stat during the day would probably negatively affect the outcome. It might affect outcome of quests? Not sure if the quest reward is calculated before or after the spell is cast. It all seems pretty negligible though.

Reactions: TheMistyPrince

ramius

Mar 9, 2018
by the way, in 0.2 is Wizard the only one with unique events? played it for years but never tried Warrior

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes