Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Don't think there's a bug which makes girls refusing to work, maybe you got mostly girls with strong personality who just need a few slaps in the ass to learn who's the boss ;-)

Reactions: Fox.Mulder

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Gold traits for sure; every girl with her original name has one of them, plus there's a tiny chance that a cloned girls has one too. BTW here's a list of all traits, gold, good and bad, so you can have an overview (copy/pasted direclty from BKstart.rpy):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: SenPC and Tigerstar

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
I hadn't seen it mentioned in the thread, but I managed to find the exact same work-around using alt codes haha.

However, when I talk to girls in the town, the heart increases in size slightly for an action, then when I go to talk to them again it immediately resets to the previous size.

Tigerstar

Jul 22, 2018
Gold traits for sure; every girl with her original name has one of them, plus there's a tiny chance that a cloned girls has one too. BTW here's a list of all traits, gold, good and bad, so you can have an overview (copy/pasted direclty from BKstart.rpy):

Thanks à million been trying to find out but the same traits always pop up so I did not know if there were any better ones

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@Fox.Mulder if you play in windowed mode the console will close every time you press 'o'; in full screen mode it doesn't happen. This is a ren'py issue, don't know how to solve it yet, sorry.

Be sure you don't talk too much with a girl in town if the relationship requires something to go on, like when she asks for something romantic (you need to give her flowers), otherwise the heart will grow when talking with her but will be set again at a certain value when you visit her again.

Reactions: Tigerstar

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
@Fox.Mulder if you play in windowed mode the console will close every time you press 'o'; in full screen mode it doesn't happen. This is a ren'py issue, don't know how to solve it yet, sorry.

Be sure you don't talk too much with a girl in town if the relationship requires something to go on, like when she asks for something romantic (you need to give her flowers), otherwise the heart will grow when talking with her but will be set again at a certain value when you visit her again.
That's a really strange ren'py thing! First time I'd come across it so figured I'd mention it anyway!

Also you were right about the heart thing. I guess coming back to it after saving meant I forgot what stage I was at and didn't realise it wouldn't go higher without the flower gift!

Reactions: Tigerstar

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Well, let me add some few words for tonight (it's 1:45 am in my country at the moment). I said I would make a Rainbow Dash girl pack some time ago, but an idea came up while working on 0.14 beta test.

Her girl pack is quite unique, there are both pics of her as human and as a hybrid humanoid pony (before you ask: I didn't include pony pics, only human and hybrid). It's like she can change her shape, maybe at will or maybe randomly. She deserves to be unique then, no clones attached.

What was the idea then? To make a short story for her introduction. So probably there won't be a girl pack, but a mod which will introduce her with a special event, and here's a little hint for you: who's working on weird researches involving humans and stallions? I bet you guess it as soon as you end reading this line :)

But there's another but (forgive my wordplay tonight please): there's another work in progress I have to take care of before I start this new mod, and that work is quite long, so don't know when I can plan to release Rainbow Dash story, sorry guys. The good news are I'm already updating the tags of all my girl packs, also doing some little changes: my sailor senshi got each one a few new and nice pics! the tagging update will require a few days, you will find the updated pacs in my mega folder as usual.

Starting from today, the old packs in my collection will be indicated as OLD before the girl pack name; the updated ones will only have the girl name. So if you see "OLD_Hinata_Hyuga" it means it's not updated; if you see "Hinata_Hyuga" it means her pack is updated for 0.14.

My Hinata girl pack also contains a personalized storyline which needs to be changed a little: actually her story would bring to an error message at some point, if you het to that point please PM me and I will provide you a temporary fix I already prepared, so you don't need to wait for her final release.

That's all folks!

Reactions: cvbn28c

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Very good game, reminds me of Slavemaker 3, btw, there was a lot of packs already made for this game, is it possible to convert them to this one ?

Also : bug report : First time I had the Geisha house random mni event, where you visit the okiya, see some of your girl who isn't a gaeisha but you tell her to welcome the clients anyway. I chose the "Fancy Dress" option, and after that I had the Ren'Py error option. If I choose "ignore" the game goes on but the error screen comes back in place of the night review of all the girls in the brothel, and jumps forward to girls training at the farm.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The fancy dress in okiya bug is known but not yet fixed, for now avoid to choose that option when you get that event please.

SM3 girl packs can be used with BK, but I strongly suggest to retag the pics anyway.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
First update of my girl packs:

Amane Shiratori (retag + major addon)
Ami Kawashima (retag)
Ami Mizuno (retag + minor addon)
Aqua (retag)
Boa Hancock (retag)
Emilia (retag + minor addon)
Nami (retag)
Sakuya Izayoi (retag + major addon)

(addon = new pics added)

Craz

Jun 2, 2017
I'm curious on how to unlock the bank. Could I get a little hint on doing so? If it helps, I've recently unlocked the Whoremonger License.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Just visit the related location (if it's already unlocked) until you get the bank event; if it doesn't trigger after a few tries let me know (it should work fine, no one reported problems with that so far).

Craz

Jun 2, 2017
I seem to be having some really bad luck then. I've tried numerous times now and it doesn't seem to want to trigger for me. Could using mods interfere with it?

Edit: Checking again, I think my current save has bugged out. I tried a new save and jumped ahead just to see if it would show. It did. Well, I was hoping I didn't have to start anew...

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Perhaps you were using a saved game from an older version, which is not compatible with 0.14.

Craz

Jun 2, 2017
I definitely started a new save when downloading .14. It was probably my fault for not following recommendations of starting a new save when doing the patch updates. It might have caused a bug due to that.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Second wave of updates for my girl packs:

Asuka Takasaki (retag + major addon)
Ayane (retag)
Belldandy (retag)
Kanu Unchou (retag) (planning future major addon)
Kasumi (retag)
Kirino Kousaka (retag)
Makoto Kino (retag + minor addon)
Minako Aino (retag + minor addon)
Rikku (retag)
Usagi Tsukino (retag + minor addon)

Reactions: Dravak

Dravak

May 15, 2018
Well the good and the bad.

Game is good, especially with built in Cheat menu.
Missing the MC stat cheats.
Now again this is why it isn't as popular. it is missing the dot on the I
Sure I can go to renpy save editor to do it. but all the work in a cheat engine then missing the important dot.

While compared to slave maker (which was a huge years of project)
This game excels in the story line. with the sofar chapters really fun.
But again missing the Dot on the I .

example chapter 1 you got to pick 3 trainers. and 1 get killed off. 1 become a nemesis.
Now what a waste if you go evil route, you should be able to enslave the 1 that get killed off.

Trainer functionality again where is the interface to Bang them :p
While the game offers so many functionality, the girl packs mostly don't even use them.
Aside from Kite80 Boa Hancock. (twenty minutes of copy paste changing tags and rewriting the lines. Boom Girlpack is more fun)

Now I do know it is still work in the progress.
But missing a Sandbox mode. if I cheat to try to create a sandbox mode. the first day crashes cause of gold Issue.
And always asking me to relocate. etc and other bugs.

Now all in all it is a fun game, but aside from Girl Pack need more support in content creation or beter content creation.

Now this will never happen sadly.

But this game in modern with 3D rendered models from Vren or others codes would have been great.
But then again the design was made for 2D cause of people loving to FAP to anime celeberties.

All in all it shows a lot of promise. but sadly missing the DOT on the I.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Thanks for the feedback; fisrt thing I have to say Boa Hancock is not my creation, it is a basic girl pack and the first one which introduced the BK.ini and personalized .rpy files, all made by Bk dev Goldo. My personal one is Hinata Hyuga which contains a personalized background story of the girl and the option to visit her (with some luck, the visit ends with MC fucking her).

If you want more cheats, especially MC related ones, try to have a look at my trainer (see link in my signature), it contains MC param ups, the possibility to change girl traits, and few more things not included in the built-in cheat. Maybe this won't bring the dot on the I, but surely will help you doing a lot of things you wished for ;-)

The choice of having 2d graphic is simple: Goldo was making BK alone, with no funds and no help from graphic artists; we're still without funds and artists, so we're using such pics. The goal is to make a good game, free for everyone, with the few resources we're able to gather, that's why BK can't be compared to professional devs jobs and probably will never reach the dot on that I, but well, let's enjoy it anyway.

About content: it will happen. Soon. I've been the second one joining Goldo in this project, starting with mods and girl packs and now working on secondary plots to enrich the game. Many people joined BK for testing 0.14 alpha, and some of them are starting to help. Anyone who wants to try and give his contribute is welcome. It is like a fantasy rpg, there's room for many things. And the main storyline is just at the beginning!

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Almost done with my girl packs updating, here some more:

Asuka Langley (retag + major addon) (now I like it more)
Juliet (retag)
Morrigan Aensland (retag + minor addon)
Rei Ayanami (retag) (probably a major addon for her in future)
Rei Hino (retag + minor addon)
Sena Kashiwasaki (retag) (a future addon for her too, I really like her)
Tifa Lockhart (retag) (as above, she deserves a better pack)

Who's still missing:
Dark Magician Girl - I'm making a major addon for her, just need to filter and retag the new pics I found
Hinata Hyuga - her story mod got some issues in 0.14; the code has been changed but I need to test it

So many things to do, such little time available...

EDIT 09/24: Dark Magician Girl rejoins my harem with a (retag + major addon) pack! 40+ more new pics, a few trims among older ones. Enjoy.

Reactions: cvbn28c
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes