Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 896, in script
python:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 902, in <module>
calendar.newday()
File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1782, in newday
self.updates()
File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1787, in updates
weekly_updates()
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 1903, in weekly_updates
update_slaves()
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 239, in update_slaves
slavemarket.girls = get_girls(nb)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 167, in get_girls
girl.randomize(free, traits, perks)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 195, in randomize
self.set_preferences()
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 2382, in set_preferences
self.pos_fixations = [fix_dict[fix] for fix in self.init_dict["sexual preferences/always_fixations"]]
KeyError: 'bisexual'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 896, in script
python:
File "D:\AIF\BK\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\AIF\BK\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 902, in <module>
calendar.newday()
File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1782, in newday
self.updates()
File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1787, in updates
weekly_updates()
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 1903, in weekly_updates
update_slaves()
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 239, in update_slaves
slavemarket.girls = get_girls(nb)
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 167, in get_girls
girl.randomize(free, traits, perks)
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 195, in randomize
self.set_preferences()
File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 2382, in set_preferences
self.pos_fixations = [fix_dict[fix] for fix in self.init_dict["sexual preferences/always_fixations"]]
KeyError: 'bisexual'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.14
Thu Sep 27 22:38:06 2018
I seem to be having issues with the weekly reset not sure whats causing it though. I can ignore the error and keep playing but it wont reset anything for that week.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
It's an error related with a fixation of a girl inserted in the slave market; the tag "always_fixations" may suggest you're using some girl with a personalized BK.ini? Anyway the error refers to an invalid keyword 'bisexual', I tried to see the code and nothing is wrong in BKgirlclass and the other files, so again the hints bring to a possible BKini file which contains in "fixations: always" the word 'bisexual' instead of the correct form without ' '.
If it's not the case, try to rollback instead of ignore.

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
It's an error related with a fixation of a girl inserted in the slave market; the tag "always_fixations" may suggest you're using some girl with a personalized BK.ini? Anyway the error refers to an invalid keyword 'bisexual', I tried to see the code and nothing is wrong in BKgirlclass and the other files, so again the hints bring to a possible BKini file which contains in "fixations: always" the word 'bisexual' instead of the correct form without ' '.
If it's not the case, try to rollback instead of ignore.
Thank you, found it in a girl pack I downloaded from the HHS site, guessing its either out of date or the tag was put in the wrong place.

zerilione

Jul 27, 2018
On a related note, anyone have girls with personalized Bk.inis they like? don't think I've seen any of them so far.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
BK.ini and _events.rpy have been added in 0.13, just a few months ago, so I guess there are not enough people making them yet... who wants to try can ask me for help or advices, I'll be glad to explain how those files work. A little knowledge of renpy is necessary, but you don't need to be an ace ;-)

Reactions: zerilione

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
Thank you, found it in a girl pack I downloaded from the HHS site, guessing its either out of date or the tag was put in the wrong place.
Can you share name of girl pack i also get error so i can delete that pack. I make Rollback and i get lucky that game didn't pick that girl in 2nd attempt to continue in next week.

Sep 17, 2017
Found a fairly rare-case bug to report. Apparently the Kosmo "Fuck-o-drome" event can randomly reward the player with a free machine for the workshop. If the player has bought the workshop slot at their farm, but has *not* already purchased a machine for it, the freebie machine will fail to trigger the Gizel "breaking in the new machine" event on the following day.

Also, if you level up a girl using the +10 button that takes her to her current cap (in this case a girl with a cap of 55), and she is at her level cap (5 at C rating), she will have the green "Ready to Level Up" text on her portrait apparently permanently. Note: I have not advanced to the second brothel on this character, yet, to verify if leveling again resolves it.

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Found a fairly rare-case bug to report. Apparently the Kosmo "Fuck-o-drome" event can randomly reward the player with a free machine for the workshop. If the player has bought the workshop slot at their farm, but has *not* already purchased a machine for it, the freebie machine will fail to trigger the Gizel "breaking in the new machine" event on the following day.

Also, if you level up a girl using the +10 button that takes her to her current cap (in this case a girl with a cap of 55), and she is at her level cap (5 at C rating), she will have the green "Ready to Level Up" text on her portrait apparently permanently. Note: I have not advanced to the second brothel on this character, yet, to verify if leveling again resolves it.
Advancing does solve the issue, I can verify that- once you upgrade the skill cap farther (through rank up or building certain furniture), and spend the points, the text disappears. Any time you have a girl with her skills maxed and at least 1 full point to spend it will have the "ready to level up" there until she can spend the points, which can be an issue, especially with the later levels where it is very easy to max out the skills before fully leveling them for their rank. Additionally, having less than a full point (can happen if you use the method you detailed above to fill out a skill and have some points left over that you don't fully fill out the other skills with: as an example, you have 10 points to spend, one skill that shows as needing 7 points to max and 3 skills that only need 1- you put the seven in first, then hit two of the others, but it turns out those three together actually needed 9.X points, and thus don't actually have a full point remaining for the final skill) results in a situation where the "level up" button will replace the perk button, because the game recognizes the girl has some amount left to spend, but also recognizes she doesn't have a full point to allocate, so going to the level up screen only has the "OK" button as an option.

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
Thanks @Knightshade1111 and welcome :) I can say we're looking for some little changes about the features you mentioned, like having more action points and rebalancing the negative night event (something has been changed with the latest patch, try it if you missed it). About the gold, I can say that rank A girls may earn 800-1000 gold for each client if well trained and with good perks; even gold balance can be improved, but consider that once MC gets more actions per day he can collect more resources and eventually sell them; also good trained girls can be sold at good prices and I can suggest a few strategies for the early stages of the game (especially chapter 1 brothel) which provide a good gold income. I'll do it, promised.

Girl packs are indeed a crucial element of the game and it's true that not every image is good; speaking of which I can say what I usually do when I make a girl pack (which is what many pack creators do): since the game uses a lot of tags, I try to collect as many good pics as I can, I literally search through thousands of pics I could find on the H search sites I know (gelboor, sankaku, rule34 etc.). Many prefer to use softwares which download automatically, I prefer to search manually. Second step is quality control: only the best images are chosen. Then I go looking on other sources to find images I still need for tags I haven't found yet (usually those images are profile, bestiality, some jobs).
I don't bother you on the details of the next steps: look for clones, size conversion, tagging.
The final result is at maker's choice: one can make a 50+ pics pack with high quality pics only, but lacking some tags, or add some more not so good pics for covering every tag BK uses, or even (like I do) make a 200+ pics pack for having more variety when the game shows the girl's pics. All these are good ways to do a girl pack imho, all these ways require at least a couple hours of work. The best thing would be having artists who create every single pic for the girls, with all tags covered and all pics in high quality, but BK has no fund collecting (and Goldo never asked it so far)...

Adding jobs requires a modification of the main code of the game, so it's better ask Goldo and propose some ideas, I agree that the girls may do a few more jobs, even if for now I don't see the need to make this change. For sure, many people would like the ponygirl job :-D
Modding is possible since BK is open source and rpy files are not decrypted: if you know renpy enough you can even modify some features at your likes! I did it for actions per day and now my MC gets 3 ap for each speed point!

About the content: be sure that there will be a lot of content for every game chapter! There will be more and more npcs, intrigues, challenges and a lot of things, the best is yet to come.
Can you teach me how to change AP per skill point. or share file/files with that modify ?

and do you know how to remove old saves. i delete all game and reinstall(personal reasons) and now i see all old saves. and in save folder is empty(created 1st time i start game)?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The issue with level up message when there are no stat points to assign is due to the fact that such value is a float number and sometimes there are values lesser than 1 which are not shown (a stat can't be raised by 0.5 points) but trigger the level up message anyway. I'm sure Goldo will try to fix it asap.

Maybe the machine got in Kosmo's event doesn't trigger the Gizel " machine test" because it's not buyed, but this is only a suspicion, I'll try to verify it and eventually fix it.

How to change AP per speed point:
1) open bkclasses.rpy
2) search "self.interactions = self.get_speed()" (it should be in line 320)
3) edit the line in this way: "self.interactions = self.get_speed() * x" where x is the number of actions per speed point you want (I suggest x=3)

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Can you teach me how to change AP per skill point. or share file/files with that modify ?

and do you know how to remove old saves. i delete all game and reinstall(personal reasons) and now i see all old saves. and in save folder is empty(created 1st time i start game)?
As I recall, renpy has multiple save locations (both the game save folder and a temp folder I believe). The easiest way to delete saves from BOTH locations is to open the save/load screen, hover over a save, and press the "delete" key. You have to erase each individually, but it burns all copies of the save.

Reactions: Chuturica

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
2nd path of save files: c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/renpy/bro king-[number sequence]

appdata is a hidden folder so you need to configure your pc to visualize hidden stuff

Reactions: Chuturica

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
2nd path of save files: c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/renpy/bro king-[number sequence]

appdata is a hidden folder so you need to configure your pc to visualize hidden stuff
Tnx i found it. I didn't know "delete" key in-game also delete saves.

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
Minor bug report. On monster den event (when you buy 1st monster) when i choose "Disagree with her" or "Push her down the hole" in gallery don't register Gizel - monster(6) picture.

@Kite80 very nice pack . GJ

Gaijin100

Jan 13, 2018
really fun game, reminds me of hentai school ( hopefully this game actually finishes tho lol and doesn't remove stuff like loli ect ) iv'e only played about 1hr of it with cheats ( hate grinding in p0rn games lol ) but i can't seem to get pimp licenses even though i have 69000 gold lol

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes