Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
I've recently began making packs for myself and felt like sharing, so far I have uploaded a pack for Villetta Nu [Code Geass], it has 67 images and has been rated C by the tagging tool [I can't seem to find a lot of optionals and anal for her]. Feel free to download and add to it as you wish, I will try adding more images in the future.

If anyone has tips on where I can find more photos please tell me: Currently I've used danbooru, the rule34 subreddit, luscious, hentaifoundry.

Edit: Also made a Tsuyu Asui [BNHA] pack, currently can't upload it as it's pretty late but if anyone's interested I'll get to it tomorrow.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Don't underestimate sources like pinterest and deviantart, although there's a lot of trash there among which you have to find good pics...

Another good source is e-hentai.org, it has not just pics from doujinshi, but also a lot of artists galleries and games cgs.

yande.re is another good search engine, but has not much more stuff than luscious, danbooru and rule34.

Gaijin100

Jan 13, 2018
gotta say adding the girls can break your game lol. i can't go to slave market since it crashes saying it can't find a portarti pic even though its there in the folder.

i thought deleting the character would help but it doesn't

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
gotta say adding the girls can break your game lol. i can't go to slave market since it crashes saying it can't find a portarti pic even though its there in the folder.

i thought deleting the character would help but it doesn't
If you deleted the pack causing issues you'll just have to wait until the slave market resets [or force it using the cheat menu], currently it's broken because its trying to load the girl that you deleted and cannot find the files from that pack.

Reactions: Gaijin100

Gaijin100

Jan 13, 2018
If you deleted the pack causing issues you'll just have to wait until the slave market resets [or force it using the cheat menu], currently it's broken because its trying to load the girl that you deleted and cannot find the files from that pack.
some of these packs don't even have portrait pics lol....

also now one of the characters iv'e had for ages isn't loading all of sudden crashing because it can't find portrait pic even though its still there

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'ProportionalScale' <'Image' u'girls/Tsukikawa Saki/Tsukikawa Saki/profile (0).jpg'> 800 600 True>:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 712, in script call
    call show_night_event(ev) from _call_show_night_event_3
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 823, in script
    $ renpy.say(ev.char, ev.text)
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 823, in <module>
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 5177, in load
    child = im.cache.get(self.image)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'girls/Tsukikawa Saki/Tsukikawa Saki/profile (0).jpg'.

Gaijin100

Jan 13, 2018
some of these packs don't even have portrait pics lol....

also now one of the characters iv'e had for ages isn't loading all of sudden crashing because it can't find portrait pic even though its still there

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'ProportionalScale' <'Image' u'girls/Tsukikawa Saki/Tsukikawa Saki/profile (0).jpg'> 800 600 True>:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 712, in script call
    call show_night_event(ev) from _call_show_night_event_3
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 823, in script
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 823, in <module>
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 5177, in load
    child = im.cache.get(self.image)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'girls/Tsukikawa Saki/Tsukikawa Saki/profile (0).jpg'.
okay i fixed it..it was a dumb thing.... turns out this was the issue girls/Tsukikawa Saki/proifle when it was trying to locate girls/Tsukikawa Saki/Tsukikawa Saki/profile

because when i added more girls it was wasn't showing it because i thought it was the fact i had two folders like tifa/tifa/ for example so i deleted the extra folder and all the girls i recently added showed up in market...seems like Saki need the extra folder lol

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
okay i fixed it..it was a dumb thing.... turns out this was the issue girls/Tsukikawa Saki/proifle when it was trying to locate girls/Tsukikawa Saki/Tsukikawa Saki/profile

because when i added more girls it was wasn't showing it because i thought it was the fact i had two folders like tifa/tifa/ for example so i deleted the extra folder and all the girls i recently added showed up in market...seems like Saki need the extra folder lol
You're not meant to have 2 folders for a girl, it's meant to be game/girls/[girlpack folder], could be what's causing issues for your other packs.

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
Updated my signature to link to my megafolder for girl packs: Currently has Villetta Nu with 83 images [updated after kite's suggestions] and Asui Tsuyu with around 70 images [haven't gone around to updating it yet but thinking of doing it soon].

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Thanks for your contribution @Shadowcrow ;-)

Whoever wants to try and make a new girl pack: feel free to ask for hints/suggests here anytime!

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
quick ?:

one of the girls mood stats say "She feels like it is all too much, she doesn't deserve this. She seems distressed"

How do I fix this? Its a -5 to mood, so its a bit of a pain.
The girl in question is a masochist, in game this translates to the trust/fear stat working in reverse- make her fear you (easiest methods are probably using the discipline action (can have other effects as well, such as -love), or hypnosis through negative emotions (can get pricey, especially early on when money is tighter). Alternatively, sell her and grab a new version (if it's a unique name girl instead of generic, a new unique version will appear eventually, but obv. not as easy to replace)

Reactions: jamdan

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I've been playing this game for a bit now. There's a readability issue I'm having, specifically the 'love' text in the mood icon mouseover when you go to the girls screen.

This color is defined as hotpink, which is a bit dark, and can be hard to read. After spending about an hour trying to find how and where the color was declared (it's in BKinit_variables.rpy), I changed the color from hotpink to pink, and this seems to help a lot, at least with the current set of girls I'm using (girl pics are in the background).

For those having similar readability issues that that might be interested in changing this, it's in BKinit_variables.rpy, approximat4ely at lines 2431-2433 (at least in Notepad2). Here's how I changed the code:
Code:
                  "love +++" : c_pink,
                  "love ++" : c_pink,
                  "love +" : c_pink,
                  "love -" : c_red,
note that I've already changed c_hotpink to c_pink

It looks like the script files are already, extracted, but if not, you can use unren.bat to extract the .rpy files (and other things) so that you can modify them. Or you could try placing the file I've attached into the /game folder of Brothel King if you don't want to bother with modifying the code. Definitely back up the existing file, just because that's always a good idea.
;)

Also, for those of us on larger screens (1080P), if you want to increase the size of the scroll window for selecting the girls from 4 to 5, that's in BKscreens.rpy, at around line 210. Increasing ysize from 520 to 650 will display five girls instead of 4 before needing to scroll down.

Like so:
Code:
            id "girl_tab"

xmargin 3
            xpadding 3
            xfill False
            ysize 650
I don't think anything appears underneath the gals on that popup screen, but if you spot a 'colliding text' issue due to something at the lower right overlapping the fifth gal slot, definitely call it out so to make others aware of the issue.

*those damn modders wanting to play around with interfaces anyways!*

Reactions: Kite80

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
No need to use unren, every BK file is uncrypted and everyone can have access to the source code. But those who want to change that very code, please pay attention: I suggest you to make modifications only if you have enough knowledge about renpy and php and keep in mind that strong modifications may lead to unexpected bugs or game malfunctions! Not that I'm trying to discourage it, I made some changes in my version after all, just pay attention ;-)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Every time I rescue some damsel, I keep wanting to recruit her from the brothel. All of those gals getting raped by monsters, the gal looking for her lost kitty, etc...

I also want to bang the scientist, the crazy mage gal who kills her constructed companions, etc. etc. etc.

Also, I want to recruit the NPC gals that get tossed in prison. One in particular, before she disappears...

An option to bang Sil and the other trainers after they are recruited would be fun too.

Yeah yeah, I can dream. In the meantime, I'm very much enjoying the game nonetheless, it's a definite time sink!

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Goldo is gathering ideas for some new implemetations and game improvements for 0.15 release, if you wish to see what's going on just show up on HHF forum; anyway, everyone can leave his feedback here too. The current arguments:

Action points: if they should be raised and how

Bad events: very low chance they could happen, but still they happen too much

Girls refusing to work: a possible bug to be fixed

UI gripes: skip things like dice rolls or option choices when there's ony one possible option, enhancing districts map

Difficulty levels: introducing them and what shall be influenced by them

Farm training: how much it should be improved to be more important

Please give your opinion on those topics, I'll care of gathering and reportig all of them. Thanks!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quoted from previous post, my answers are in green:
Goldo is gathering ideas for some new implemetations and game improvements for 0.15 release, if you wish to see what's going on just show up on HHF forum; anyway, everyone can leave his feedback here too. The current arguments:

So I have some thoughts on this. I saw earlier on where someone mentioned multiplying the AP by 2 or 3 via modding the code. I just modified the code to add 3 more action points, the idea here being that actions take 2-3 hours, so if the character has 6 AP (3 + 3 from skill), that's about 12-16 hours of action. In game terms this seems to work better, as characters can think about doing more in a day. I think a multiplier would be too extreme, but a few more action points early on would help the early game move a bit faster
Bad events: very low chance they could happen, but still they happen too much
People keep trying to set fire to the brothel. WTF? Other than that, I found that paying attention to security in the mid game seems to mitigate this a lot. But definitely keep sending those lady thieves. They make the guards happy...
Girls refusing to work: a possible bug to be fixed
I think if there was some logic behind this (say if her rival was working that night), this sorta kinda makes sense, and also gives you an excuse to send one of them to the farm for special training. But yeah, it seems to happen a bit too randomly, which could indicate a bug.
UI gripes: skip things like dice rolls or option choices when there's ony one possible option, enhancing districts map
I've been experimenting with the screens a bit. I added a scrollbar to the dialogue (appears on overflow), and adjusted a couple of other things (colors, slight positioning tweaks). I'll share these as a 'mod' in the next few days maybe.

- As for the maps, maybe add a column of tiny icons to the left or right of the map, with icons for each district that allows you to navigate directly to another district, without having to go up one level to see all of the districts.
- Also, a 'return to brothel' button would be nice so that you don't have to hit back multiple times and wait for each screen to load.
- Maybe add some suitably descriptive icons to indicate what each district section does, once you've figured out what goes on there (say a Leather icon for the stables, some sort of exchange symbol for the resource exchange market, etc.). You could also show the head pic of the gal that's in charge of each 'market' in the districts (i.e. scientist lady head on the scrapyard, the Thieves Guild lady at the Thieves' Guild, etc.).
- Along those same lines a 'quest' icon could be added to a district section to remind you that you have pending business there. Example: a quest symbol on the Watchtower to remind you to go talk to the Guard Captain lady.
Difficulty levels: introducing them and what shall be influenced by them
Something else I'm experimenting with is increasing the cash awards a bit (say 33%). This is something that could easily be tied into diffuculty, via a 'bonus modifier' to cash awards. XP levels to advance could also be tied to diffuculty, but if so, it should be a minor effect (say -25% to + 25%).
Farm training: how much it should be improved to be more important
Hmmm. Well I have these healing powders that I'm supposed to give to the minions, but there's no option to give it to them. Another form of obedience training might be to pleasure the demon lady, which could result in bonuses to bisexual/lesbian, but perhaps at a cost to your love points (the gals start liking the demon lady more and more instead)...

Tangling with the demon lady (via entertaining her or by refusing to listen to her) could also have other random effects like changes to a gal's form (catgirl, etc.), but this would require more artwork to be included, which is probably impractical as the art in the girl packs is produced independently in a lot of cases. So tracking down the artists to do 'catgirl, etc.' variations could be problematic. Gals might pick up undesirable traits instead though (say dumb, slow, etc.)

- Also, not quite related to the question. It might be fun if the scientist lady could whip up some cleaning robots for you to use in the brothel, after the carpenter lady builds you a 'cleaning shed' to house them. This could have some random girl events tied with that, as these robots might also have dildo-like attachments...
Other thoughts:
Right now, it's MUCH easier to just hire slaves than to try to wear down the 'free' options out on the street. AP's are too valuable for other things, like training and collecting resources, not to mention advancing the storyline, so all of those gals on the street are pretty much useless. This is one area where I think that cutting down the requirements to get them to the point where they decide to join your crew might not be a bad idea, because as it is, it seems like a bad time investment compared to other options. Comparatively, it's much easier to just generate cash and hire a new slave... Another option here might be to make the first interaction with a street gal on a given day 'free/cost 0 AP' to help encourage this a bit more.

Please give your opinion on those topics, I'll care of gathering and reportig all of them. Thanks!
/end quote

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017
Quoted from previous post, my answers are in green:

So I have some thoughts on this. I saw earlier on where someone mentioned multiplying the AP by 2 or 3 via modding the code. I just modified the code to add 3 more action points, the idea here being that actions take 2-3 hours, so if the character has 6 AP (3 + 3 from skill), that's about 12-16 hours of action. In game terms this seems to work better, as characters can think about doing more in a day. I think a multiplier would be too extreme, but a few more action points early on would help the early game move a bit faster
I've been experimenting with the screens a bit. I added a scrollbar to the dialogue (appears on overflow), and adjusted a couple of other things (colors, slight positioning tweaks). I'll share these as a 'mod' in the next few days maybe.

- As for the maps, maybe add a column of tiny icons to the left or right of the map, with icons for each district that allows you to navigate directly to another district, without having to go up one level to see all of the districts.
- Also, a 'return to brothel' button would be nice so that you don't have to hit back multiple times and wait for each screen to load.
- Maybe add some suitably descriptive icons to indicate what each district section does, once you've figured out what goes on there (say a Leather icon for the stables, some sort of exchange symbol for the resource exchange market, etc.). You could also show the head pic of the gal that's in charge of each 'market' in the districts (i.e. scientist lady head on the scrapyard, the Thieves Guild lady at the Thieves' Guild, etc.).
- Along those same lines a 'quest' icon could be added to a district section to remind you that you have pending business there. Example: a quest symbol on the Watchtower to remind you to go talk to the Guard Captain lady.
These two covered by OhWee are the biggest I agree with. Everything else he says is good as well, but this is where I feel the biggest improvements could be made. Having to click so much gets really tedious and shortcuts like this would really improve the experience. One big one is Sil constantly reminding me whenever I go to town that I can relocate my brothel. Please make it so I can ignore her completely and change at my own accord.

My own thoughts: I would really like to see if the lag of the game could be optimized in any sort of form. It's very laggy once you get into the later parts of the game and there is a lot of waiting because of it.

I'm also interested in more difficulty levels, especially if it had some random modifiers of some sort of crazy mechanic to make things interesting.

Also, does the girl pack gallery work correctly? One of the girls I've had since the start in a late game only unlocked about 3-4 pictures, yet I've done nearly every training possible with them. Some of them even have 0 unlocked.

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017
I made my first slightly low effort girl pack for Soraka from League of Legends. It's not the best, nor biggest but it works for me.

Sharing just incase anyone wants it.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Here's a mockup of the District Map UI idea I mentioned. Icons on the right would allow you to jump home to the brothel, or to the other districts (as I explained above). Also, as explained, I included the resource icons for the districts that have those.

mapUImockup1.jpg

I'm sure that the BK developer could come up with spiffier icons, I'm just sharing the idea here. Another interesting thought along these lines might be to click on the resource icons to collect them directly (without having to enter the area/subdistrict first), or in the case of the Stallion, go directly to the Stallion market.

This just gave me another interesting thought r.e. the farm and it's uses. Besides training gals, you could also use the gals to train the stallions (monsters, etc.) to raise the stallion's (etc.) levels, then sell the more experienced ones back to the market, buying low level/younger ones while you are there to repeat the cycle. Like raising cows for market...

So you'd set aside a couple of slave gals to become 'stallion/beast/monster/machine training specialists', that would more or less remain on the farm all the time.

Also, the farm could become a 'stud service' of sorts for patrons looking to watch their own slaves getting fucked by monsters and such, for a fee of course! Or maybe just watch your gals in training sessions, although the demon lady might get annoyed occasionally and do her thing with unruly visitors...
:evilsmile:

Just had another thought while playing. When a girl has a phobia, an icon overlaying her character portait showing that she has a phobia might be nice. Also along these lines, a 'hurt' or 'tired' icon could be a nice touch, or maybe changing the color of the background of her description slot, to give you an extra visual cue that she's having issues. Sure, the text is there, but when scrolling through the list, icons and such tend to jump out at you. an 'Up' arrow for level up/rank up might be nice too, but the text that currently does that stands out pretty well already. The level up arrow might look classier though.

Color coding the gal entry backgrounds in the scroll list by job type could be helpful too. Say White background if no job/unassigned, blue for waitress, pink for dancer, etc. etc., again to give you that quick visual cue without having to read the text. This could be particularly helpful on the weekly calendar scheduler.

An additional icon to take you directly to the weekly scheduler (without having to click on a gal first) might be minor but very convenient timesaver.

I've been pondering changing the gal scroll list to 2 columns, so that more gals can appear on the screen at once, hence reducing the need to scroll, but I haven't tried to tackle this as of yet.

Sep 17, 2017
While I do agree that a clickable button to return home from wherever would be great, you *can* currently shortcut back to the brothel. "H" key will return you "Home" to the main brothel screen from pretty much any location where you are not currently involved in an active event.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes