Modder
May 30, 2017
Patch link updated, you can find it in the previous post and here:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Progress report. Note that I haven't checked the code in the latest patch as of yet for differences...

It was kicking my ass there for a while, but I finally figured out how to get the 'style/color picker' check working! Oooooooh, the pretty colors...

GirlScreenWIP3.jpg

I also tweaked the Girl Scheduler, to shoehorn a few more rows in (to reduce scrolling).

CalendarWIP1.jpg

I still have a few loose ends in the code, but it looks like I'm getting close to sharing a beta release for testing purposes.
;)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@Kite80, etc.

I'm trying to invoke a girl's naked pic from her pic folder. If you are familiar with the code, any ideas r.e. how would I do this? Same for resting (and resting naked).

I've looked at how portrait and profile are declared (in BKgirlclass and other places) and have attemped to create a new category, but no dice. Not sure how I can point the game at the naked, etc. pic to use in the girl, etc. screens...

I've (re)included the 'naked' text in the meantime. Here's where I'm at with the girl interface at this moment:
Note that I'm still incorporating stuff...
GirlScreenWIP4.jpg

I decided to incorporate the 'resting' and 'hurt' emojis into the background. It's more subtle, but it seems less 'clutter-ey' to me than sticking an emoji over the edge of the gal pic. This will help the 'phobia' emoji stand out a bit better I think.

Note that Ty is both naked and Hurt... poor gal!

At this point, I think I'm pretty much down to the level up and phobia icons, the possible addition of a mini energy bar, and addressing a 'job' situation at the farm, then it might be ready for some testing by others... do you guys like how this looks so far?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I really like that graphic! Maybe some colors are a bit much intense compared to the rest of the screen items, but definitely all those details and the emojis works great.

If you need a screen invoking a certain kind of girl pics, I can show you what I made for my Hinata story line:

first you have to know that the variable selected_act is dedicated to which sexual act should be assigned for the function calls; this function is girl.get_pic(selected_act, naked_filter = True/False) (assign True at naked_filter to activate it, so that it will only pic naked pics when choosing). The girl variable is assigned whenever you interact with a girl, so that every call referring to that variable will influence that girl in particular.

Here's the code I used for the night sex scene with Hinata:

Code:
        menu:
            "Tonight I want to:"
            "shove my cock in your mouth":
                $ selected_act = "service"              
            "fuck your pussy":
                $ selected_act = "sex"
            "fill your ass":
                $ selected_act = "anal"
            "use some tools":
                $ selected_act = "fetish"
            "have a threesome with you and your copy":
                $ selected_act = "bisexual"

if selected_act != "bisexual":
            show screen show_event(girl.get_pic(selected_act, naked_filter=True), x=1024, y=768, bg=None)
        else:
            show screen show_event(girl.get_pic("copycat"), x =1024, y=768, bg=None)
            $ girl.flags["randomint"] = renpy.random.randint(1,2)
            if girl.flags["randomint"] == 1:
                show copycat with fade
            else:
                show hinata_night_3 with fade
Note that in my code, the second call of girl.get_pic has a specific pic name (formerly defined in the python block) instead of the call to selected_act, so you can choose whether to pic a random pic or a specific one.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@Kite80

So, it looks like the naked pic is showing up when it's supposed to for another gal that I have assigned to naked duty, using the 'existing code', so I guess I don't need to worry about that. I was just trying to get the naked pic to show up in a different gal's profile/thumbnail when she's naked, but for the newer gal she's showing up naked now, without any code changes.

So I'm guessing the other gal pack isn't implemented correctly or something (not a big deal). Thanks for the code example though!

Note that Dedo is naked in her thumbnail pic in the screenshot below.

The colors are pretty easily accessable with the way I have the styles set up, so if someone wants to change the thumbnail background colors, they'll be able to simply edit the style declarations in BKscreens.rpy to taste. The background pic is black with white/grey for the incorporated background emojis as appropriate, and is colorized via style. It took me a bit to figure out, but now that I have it, it's quite handy.

I have the energy bars and phobia icons working now. Looking through the code, apparently you can remove positive fixations? I haven't went 'negative' with my girls so I'm not seeing any benefit for that, but I guess if you were going the 'dark side' route, maybe... so I may need to ponder how to best handle that - i.e. not have the neg phobia icon appear but the pos fixation icon appear instead if you are focusing on negative training. I'd need to study the code a bit more, but for now I'm moving on.

Anyways, here's a current screenshot. I'm almost done (still need to deal with the farm job issue).

GirlScreenWIP5.jpg

Energy bars are implemented, as are the phobia icons. Note the two Level Up icons to the left of the Rank Letter/Level Number - I decided to go with Triangles/Unicode symbols.

Note the tooltip text at the top breaking down the energy stats (my mouse is hovering over Shebe's energy bar at the moment). One side effect of this is that you have to click to either side of the energy bar to click the slot. There may be a workaround for this, but I've been hammering at this all day with a couple of breaks, so I'm taking a breather.

I needed to play for a bit to get a Rank Up to fire. apparently Rank is tied to rep, so it took a bit of playing to get Dedo's Rank Up to fire. But it gave me an excuse to playtest what I've done so far. Overall, the extra info is kinda handy and easier to spot at a glance, so it was worth the effort I think.

Possibly a beta release tomorrow? We shall see...

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I strongly suggest you to show Goldo your graphic improvements, this definitely deserves to be implemented as core part of the game, not just a mod. 0.15 release could include it.

Reactions: Shadowcrow

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
ATTENTION!!!

Version 2 of my interface mod has been posted.
Please see this followup post for details:

Enjoy!
OhWee
:cool:

Ignore the rest of this post!!!

#################################################

Original Post:
I've attached the first version of my interface mod to this post. I'm calling it a beta, but it seems to be working OK for me at least (been playing with it for a while now). For those that decide to install it, kindly post up any issues that you may find!!!

Thanks,
OhWee :cool:

I strongly suggest you to show Goldo your graphic improvements, this definitely deserves to be implemented as core part of the game, not just a mod. 0.15 release could include it.
I'm not a member over at the HHS forums. Call me crotchety, but I like to do my stuff here, it keeps my adult gaming interests in one place. While I do have a membership at one other adult forum, since finding this place I've pretty much forgotten about that one, and haven't visited it in months.

Any chance he visits this forum occasionally? I did this mod just for fun, although it took me a long ass time and it's still not perfect - I usually don't get this extensive with my mods unless they are story related. But if it's 'core release worthy' I'm game for having it added in, once the rough edges are fine tuned!

The code could be a bit cleaner, but I was already 'down a rabbit hole' with how I set up the thumbnails, so I just kept doing what I was doing. It won't make much of a difference really as far as the game is concerned, but I'd probably do it a bit simpler/cleaner the next time around.

A quick shout out to @Palanto for helping me figure out the styled backgrounds thing! His help was a godsend!

Also, I felt that I needed to maintain my 'modder' tag integrity by having at least one active mod. No one has called me on that yet, but these days I'm more focused on comics and art oriented stuff...

I'm not necessarily opposed to someone sharing it on the HHS forum, but I'd prefer to just link people to this post for now, while we iron out the beta and while I ponder the 'dark side fixation removal' thing. Once the 'new and improved' version with any needed fixes, etc. are done, then I'm more comfortable having this in the wild.

Also, let's not link this in the OP just quite yet, until I get some feedback r.e. if there are issues, etc.

BTW, this mod will work with both the patched and unpatched versions of BK 14. I just checked it with the patch (I incorporated the relevant patch changes btw into my files), seems to be working fine.

Also, I think this is ready for some serious beta testing! .zip with readme/install instructions and included ingame screenshots, also seen in the thumbnails below, are attached!

GirlScreen1.jpg SlaveScreen.jpg FarmTextBoxScroll.jpg FarmScreen1.jpg CalendarWIP1.jpg

Edit: There was a small coding snafu on my end with BKscreens.rpy. I fixed it, and have swapped out the zip file for a newer one here. If you've already downloaded this, before seeing my next post (after the post by @Ardian, thanks for the heads up!), you can simply download the BKscreens.rpy that is attached to this post as well, as well as my next post.

Note that if you are downloading the whole 7zip file, you don't need the separate screens.rpy file. Just covering my bases here.

Ardlan

Mar 29, 2018
@OhWee
First let me thank you for this mod.

Now to the first issue occuring with it:
Once you enter the Slave Market the game will crash with the following error:
While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 49, in script
$ girl = ui.interact()
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 49, in <module>
$ girl = ui.interact()
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 294, in execute
screen girl_tab(glist, context = "girls"):
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 357, in execute
vbox:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 368, in execute
frame:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 379, in execute
vpgrid:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 398, in execute
for girl in glist:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 406, in execute
button:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 422, in execute
has vbox spacing 0 #xoffset 108 yoffset -112
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 585, in execute
if context == "slavemarket":
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 586, in execute
$ text1 += "\nTraining: " + experienced_description[girl.sexual_experience]
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 586, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'Text' and 'unicode'

Considering the rest of the code around that area I guess there are some missing # on line 585 - 587.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@OhWee
First let me thank you for this mod.

Now to the first issue occuring with it:
Once you enter the Slave Market the game will crash with the following error:
While running game code:
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 49, in script
$ girl = ui.interact()
File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 49, in <module>
$ girl = ui.interact()
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 357, in execute
vbox:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 368, in execute
frame:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 379, in execute
vpgrid:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 398, in execute
for girl in glist:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 406, in execute
button:
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 422, in execute
has vbox spacing 0 #xoffset 108 yoffset -112
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 585, in execute
if context == "slavemarket":
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 586, in execute
File "game/BKscreens.rpy", line 586, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'Text' and 'unicode'

Considering the rest of the code around that area I guess there are some missing # on line 585 - 587.
Thanks for the heads up!

Weird that my current game didn't have an issue with that...

Starting from the beginning fired the same error though, my bad! Should have started a new game to check it.

Short form, lines 584 - 586 should have been commented out (my bad). That's the 'old' code, that I was using for reference.

Edit: I had attached a file here earlier, but there's a new and improved one in my next post...

Reactions: Elementario

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Always start a new game when testing new stuff ;-)

I wish to show your mod at Goldo after we give it a proper test run and fix possible bugs, let's say I can be your comm channel with him unless he manages to come here a couple times (I'll tell him to come if he can), but since he's very busy with BK dev and RL, I can't give any guarantee he will come.

On the other news: I've added a new girl in my packs folder, this time she comes from Shokugeki no Souma: ladies and gentlemen, please clap your hands for miiiiisssss Nakiri Erina! I know you'll love her ;-)
This is an A+ pack with more than 300 pics, plus a customized BK.ini which gives more spice to the character.

Link:

Reactions: cvbn28c and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@Kite80

As I have said before, I don't have a problem with that (letting Goldo see it). I'm just not quite ready for my package to be posted elsewhere, until there's a bit more feedback. As I remember, people can't see attachments here unless they join this forum, but it's a pretty small package, so if the HHS forum allows attachments in PMs, that might be a way to go. A small thank you/ tiny mention in the game credits might be nice though if it ends up getting incorporated.

The bigger question is...

Have you taken my silly mod for a test drive yet?!?
Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I've taken your mod, not tested yet 'cause I wanted to finish my latest girl pack and publish it before playing BK. Surely you deserve a thank you for your mod, right now! Thank you! Good stuff is always good news ;-) and if Goldo ever decides to adopt your graphic interface for BK, I'll be the first one to remind himto add your name into the game credits, don't worry about that!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I did some more minor tweaks to the girl thumbnails in the interface.

There was an 'overflow' issue with the text for long lines, which I thought I had handled, but didn't really. So attached is a new BKscreens.rpy.

The thumbnail elements for the girls are now 'hard positioned' so if something overflows, it won't disrupt everything else. I also adjusted some of the screen text, to deal with some overflow issues... (Slave market, Farm). This is what I was referring to when I mentioned 'cleaning up the code' earlier.

This is why i'm calling this a beta for now!

Just replace the BKscreens.rpy in the /game folder with this updated one.

And of course, if you haven't downloaded this mod yet, grab the 7zip mod folder here:

The updated BKscreens.rpy is included in the updated 7zip folder, so just install the mod as per the included instructions in the readme.

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
Made a new girl pack: Hex Maniac from pokemon, with 91 images, rated D+ by the picture namer tool, if you want it, it's available in my folder linked in my signature. Weirdly, it's the biggest pack I've made, but also the lowest rated.

Edit: Updating my pack at the moment should be uploaded soon, Now has 107 images, still rated D+ though.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@OhWee your graphic mod is cool, I must find a way to set BK standard font with the one you have used, so that there would be some homogeneity, as for now the contrast between the two styles (standard and yours) is annoying; not your fault of course ;-)

EDIT: here's my little contribution for the graphical enhancement; while looking for a way to change the game font I found the related section in options.rpy, line 138; Goldo left the customize font section as a comment so that everyone can choose his preferred text style. Here's the version with OhWee mod font:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Here's another variant with another font I found surfing the web, the overall look is good and text is easy readable. Attaching both options.rpy and font file (it must be put in BK/game folder):

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@OhWee your graphic mod is cool, I must find a way to set BK standard font with the one you have used, so that there would be some homogeneity, as for now the contrast between the two styles (standard and yours) is annoying; not your fault of course ;-)
There's a fairly easy way, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend changing the entire interface font style.

I tend to think of the gal thumbnails as 'trading cards' or 'placards', so using a different font there but not on say the stat & stat bar breakdowns on the left side of the gal screen (when looking at a gal's stats) would probably be too annoying - readability is more important there, especially when the font starts getting smaller and smaller (say tooltip font size)...

BUT, if you want to try something... it's easy to change back if it goes wrong...
options.rpy line 143...

And here's what happens if you change out the default font (which was commented out anyways) with Chowfun... you lose the dingbats, which is bad as the checkmark, love, fear and neutral symbols come from these (my level up triangles come from here too).

fontchange.jpg

It's usually better to apply the fonts selectively via style calls (the way I did the background buttons and fonts for the individual names, etc.), that way you can be a bit more selective. It's a bit of a pain though.

I'll take a look at the fonts you just shared. I saw a couple over on DAFonts that were a bit easier on the eyes, but the 'korean' themed one was all lowercase.

In the meantime, I've been working on substituting some of the 'larger' font areas, like the larger buttons on the home page and on the Carpenter Wagon page.

Reactions: Dragonit

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Here's another variant with another font I found surfing the web, the overall look is good and text is easy readable. Attaching both options.rpy and font file (it must be put in BK/game folder):
It looks like we crossposted here. Yeah, Chowfun is what I've already included inside of my mod folder, but as I noted, it doesn't have the Dingbats. Unless your version is different than mine...

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Well, I'm not satisfied yet, all these fonts I tried have some flaws, plus they make me tired. I think we need a nice font but must be easier to be read. Any suggests?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@Kite80
Working on it now. Digging through my font collection, tried a few things, so far no unicode plus script. I think script fonts will be the way to go (closest you'll get to Chow Fun) assuming that we can find one with unicode characters included.

There's Font Forge, but I've never messed with that. The idea there would be to combine two fonts (letters from one font and unicode symbols from another) but yeah... that seems like a lot of work.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes