Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017
@OhWee, after using your mods it requires me to click inside the "game screen" instead of the text box to advance the texts during interactions/recaps/etc. Not sure how this could have happened, I also messed with some options so it could have been from that.

Love your mods though it's making the UI so much nicer!

Reactions: OhWee

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
@OhWee, after using your mods it requires me to click inside the "game screen" instead of the text box to advance the texts during interactions/recaps/etc. Not sure how this could have happened, I also messed with some options so it could have been from that.

Love your mods though, making the UI so much nicer!
Happens to me too, not sure if its because of @OhWee's mod or not though

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Love your mods though it's making the UI so much nicer!
This no doubt has something to do with the fact that I added a scrollbar that appears if the text overflows the dialogue box. The text overflow happens rarely, but it sucks to not be able to read the full text when this does happen... so it's a tradeoff of sorts.
:noexpression:

Also, glad that you like my interface mod silliness!

Status Report

I'm in the middle of doing a couple more tweaks to the calendar.
- It'll now let you click on the gal pic and description to the left.
This dismisses the calendar, and pulls up that girl's stats when you click this.​
- If a girl is hurt or tired, the 'Shift' options are replaced with an 'Exhausted' or "Hurt for x turns" message.
I also carried this change over to the scheduler button in her stats, as she's not 'available' at the moment.
- The current day of the week's scheduling options are and have a drop shadow.
This is to help you spot the current day column a bit more easily.​
Here's how my changes to the calendar look currently:

CalendarTweaks.jpg

Edit: Also, I've added the Brothel Upgrade cost requirement to the Home screen...

homescreennew4.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how to get the Brothelmaster license icon and cost to appear when that's also a requirement...

I'm still tweaking and testing, but I hope to have the updated version ready for prime time very soon.
:angel:

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
To anyone looking for more girl packs, here's the sheets containing (as far as we know) all girl packs made for the game.
This was made by Nebrowski over on the HHS forums and is currently being maintained by Nebrowski, myself, and kite80 (not sure if there's more).

Reactions: OhWee and zero42

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
Haven't played this game for a while but the changes to the interface look great!
If you mean the posts by ohwee, I'm afraid to disappoint you but those are not official...yet. Currently its a mod but hopefully it ends up being in the next release.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
If you mean the posts by ohwee, I'm afraid to disappoint you but those are not official...yet. Currently its a mod but hopefully it ends up being in the next release.
I don't mind waiting. I must admit I didn't read every message carefully and I thought they were just a proof of concept at this stage. I don't mind if they aren't in the game itself. I'm not afraid of modding a little. If fact it seems a little odd to play games without at least a mod or two these days. It's nice to have options.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I don't mind waiting. I must admit I didn't read every message carefully and I thought they were just a proof of concept at this stage. I don't mind if they aren't in the game itself. I'm not afraid of modding a little. If fact it seems a little odd to play games without at least a mod or two these days. It's nice to have options.
There's a working beta version in one of my earlier posts, but I'd suggest waiting on V2 of the mod. I'm hoping to get things wrapped up by the end of the weekend.

So yeah, it's a bit past proof of concept. @Kite80 mentioned wanting to swap the font out, so it's taken me some time to adjust some positioning to accomodate the new font. Others seem to like the Comical font as well, and it seems to fit the 'fantasy' theme a bit better.

If Goldo decides he wants to incorporate it into the game, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. Otherwise, I'll keep packaging it as a mod and hopefully won't need to do a lot of support for it once the next version or two of the interface mod are released.
;)

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Oh man. The first chapter gives so many opportunities to be a backstabbing asshole, I can't wait for more story content. Dialogue is pretty funny too. So far I think my favorite characters are Gizel and Satella, "bitches be crazy" indeed but they're soooo entertaining.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Another girl pack for you: Cheria Barnes from Tales of Graces. 170 pics rated "A+" (honestly didn't expect so much, it was meant to be a side pack as I didn't find so many images as for more famous girls). As you can see from the pic below, she's a very cute redhead, couldn't miss her ;-)

Link:

masseuse swim (3).png

My second girl pack of the day (just 150 pics, ranked B+): Ikumi Mito from Shokugeki no Souma. She has nothing to envy from Erina Nakiri, trust me! Blonde, tanned girl with green eyes, strong spirit and skimpy dresses make her one of the best girls around, not to mention her skill in "meat treatment" :winkytongue: She'll definitely know how to handle clients "sausages" at best!

link:

profile (3).jpg

Next one will be Rem's pack, it took me a lot of time to look through all the pics around the web, actually I collected more than 400 pics!

Reactions: cvbn28c and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another girl pack for you: Cheria Barnes from Tales of Graces. 170 pics rated "A+" (honestly didn't expect so much, it was meant to be a side pack as I didn't find so many images as for more famous girls). As you can see from the pic below, she's a very cute redhead, couldn't miss her ;-)

Link:

View attachment 168786

Next one will be Rem's pack, it took me a lot of time to look through all the pics around the web, actually I collected more than 400 pics!
She's a cutie! I'll definitely be adding her to my harem, assuming she has the right skills of course!

So, I hit a couple of delays/issues that I've been hammering through.

There was a variable 'out of range' error for the upgrade text that I can deal with on the coding end, but nonetheless it's a delay... also, still need to track down the relevant variables for the brothel licenses...

I also modded the 'quick start' screen at the beginning, and since load/save slot mods seem to be a 'theme' with me, I didn't want BK to feel left out...

QuickStart.jpg LoadScreenNew.jpg

The first thing is pretty much done, the second thing I need to fine tune the background pic behind the 12 load/save slots (not the pic for the empty slots, that one is fine IMHO).

The end result of this is 252 'regular' save slots, plus 12 quicksaves, and 12 finicky autosave slots. BK seems to have serious issues with performing Autosaves (a lot of the slots end up just being empty), and the autosaves may not carry past 10 anyways, unless I mod one of the Renpy backend files.

I seriously doubt you'll need this many regular save slots for BK, but it's an easy thing to provide for, and you can do cute things like picking a block of pages for each of your games (i.e. Game 1 pages 1-5, Game 2 pages 6-10, etc. etc.).

So, I was hoping to package everything up today, but that doesn't look likely. Hopefully in the next day or two...

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Hi, I've encountered a bug with the sex skills, more specifically with the boxes you can tick for each skill.
So, I got my slave's anal skill high enough to be able to tick that box, than, the skill went down somehow and the box turned gray again, but it's still ticked... and now, no matter how high I raise that skill she always has 0% to "will work".

The box is still gray so I can't untick it. She's fascinated, will train 100%, will work 0%.

Does anybody know a solution to this? A way to reset those boxes? Or even the skills.. anything

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, it's that time...

Beta testing for Version 2 of my interface mod is now open!!!

Version 2a of my interface mod is attached!

It seems to be working fine, so I'm taking it out of 'beta' status, but of course, report any issues!

Yeah, THAT thing I've been going on and on about in this thread for the last couple of weeks...

I just tested it on a 'clean' install with the official patch, and everything appears to be working. Sooo, attached is the BK Interface Mod V2.

Screenshots and a readme/install instructions featuring the various changes are included in the .zip folder. Also, here's a few thumbnails showcasing the changes:

GirlScreenV2.jpg LoadScreenNew.jpg reportscreen.jpg reportscreen2.jpg SlaveMarketScreenV2.jpg FarmScreenV2.jpg CalendarTweaks.jpg DialogueV2.jpg QuickStart.jpg

Note that this is strictly an interface mod, intended to help make your gameplay experience a bit more enjoyable and a bit less of a hassle. No gameplay elements have been changed in this mod.

Note this mod should work fine with existing 0.14 saves. It just changes how information is displayed, not the information itself. I haven't had any issues on my end.

PLEEEAAAASE let me know if you have any issues!
;)

Edit: Issues reported so far:

- FIXED - Followup screen on brothel report (if you click the button for more details) is still using the 'old' background, so it's hard to read certain colors (this was an issue in the original 0.14 as well). Will look into this... (Reported by Elementario)
- Slave name headers for dialogue are still using DejaVuSans font. I plan to look into this soon.
- Still need to implement the 'remove fixation' icon for those girls that are being trained using the negative route when training.
- 'Back' button is greyed out on the Postings screen. It still works, but I haven't figured out what's causing the 'overlayed shading'. Consider it an 'annoying Feature' for now. (Reported by Elementario)

- FIXED - The thumbnail columns for the load/save slots are a bit off center, to the left. Already addressed for the next release.
- Clicking inside the dialogue box does not advance the dialogue (note that clicking above the dialogue box still advances the dialogue). This is because of the changes I made to the textbox. A 'hidden' scrollbar has been added that appears when the text overflows the text box (this can happen occasionally). It's a tradeoff of sorts, hence it's an 'annoying Feature'. (Reported by Lolzoke)

- If you don't like the new (Comical) font, well Kite80 wanted it implemented, and I think it fits the story theme better, plus I like how it looks. Deja Vu Sans looks too 'modern' for this game IMHO, so you'll just have to live with it if you like using this mod.
The positioning and other changes I made to accommodate the new font are rather involved, so 'changing it back' and maintaining a 'Deja Vu Sans' version as well as a 'Comical' version of this mod would be a major pain in the ass on my end. So, yeah, I'm not not doing that!
- I still want to add additional goals to the 'Upgrade Requirements' box. Like that one when you are supposed to accumulate 5000 gold and raise the rank of four gals to the next rank...
- 'Headshots' for the MC would be nice... those aren't implemented in the game as of yet, so you will see the 'logbook and quill' icon instead in the meantime. I might tackle this one in a future version, if Goldo hasn't addressed it before then.

- Quick note: Any saves made on the 'new' save pages/added slots will still be filed away if you end up downloading a new version that doesn't incorporate this mod - you just own't be able to see those slots ingame. So no worries, if this becomes an issue, you'll just need an updated screens.rpy with the added save slots at that point.
Edit 2: Version 2A attached. There are a few minor alignment adjustments. Quick Menu items (quicksave, etc.) have been added to the lower right corner of the Home (brothel) page and the city pages. I also updated the backgrounds for th Brothel Report screens.
Note that this interface mod is for Brothel King 0.14, with the update patch dated 10/15/2018. It currently will NOT work with the experimental patch that was recently released by Goldo.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
OK, it's that time...

Beta testing for Version 2 of my interface mod is now open!!!

Yeah, THAT thing I've been going on and on about in this thread for the last couple of weeks...

I just tested it on a 'clean' install with the official patch, and everything appears to be working. Sooo, attached is the BK Interface Mod V2.

Screenshots and a readme/install instructions featuring the various changes are included in the .zip folder. Also, here's a few thumbnails showcasing the changes:

View attachment 169020 View attachment 169021 View attachment 169022 View attachment 169023 View attachment 169024 View attachment 169025 View attachment 169026 View attachment 169028

Note that this is strictly an interface mod, intended to help make your gameplay experience a bit more enjoyable and a bit less of a hassle. No gameplay elements have been changed in this mod.

PLEEEAAAASE let me know if you have any issues!
;)

Edit: fixed a typo in screens.rpy. If you downloaded this before 2 AM GMT Sun 10/28/2018, yeah you'll need the updated screens.rpy.
Great work as always!
Looks really good especially the save slots and the report screen
Can't wait to check it out, will let you know if I encounter any problems

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@Lokplart anal skill can't lose points, it's more possible that something else went down; hover the cursor on the anal skill tickbox and tell us what you see in the top right corner of the screen, I suspect the girl lost some libido and now that skill can't be activated. There would be a big anyway, since the skill is no more activated it also should be unchecked, instead it kept the check.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
[COLOR=cyan]@Kite80[/COLOR]

So, I'm taking a stab at the district navbar at the moment. I don't quite have a handle on the variables yet, so I'm getting an error. Anyways, the 'brothel home' button is working, so that's a start! That's mainly for the tablet users, people that know the keyboard shortcuts will probably use the 'h' key instead. It's the other buttons I'm focused on at the moment - the home button was a proof of concept/testing if the screen was working at least.

districtvisit_navbar_partia.png

Have you (or has anyone else besides Elementario) taken Interface Mod V2 for a spin yet?

Reactions: cvbn28c

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@OhWee got V2 but not tested yet, but don't worry I'll try it very soon and give you my feedback. About the variables don't know how much useful I can be for you, I never had to care about them so I don't know them at all; my contribution to BK (alongside with girl packs) for now has been helping with bug tests for versions 0.13 and 0.14, plus the creation of the jobgirl side story which is taking me a lot of time (and I'm very late doing that, this month has been quite unproductive...); well, also my presence here as official PR for BK on F95zone and helping people with any game issues :)

Reactions: cvbn28c and OhWee

Tuga85

Jan 11, 2018
small question. is there any girls pack, already made, that only has characters from other games, like ane to boin, saimin class, kyonyuu fantasy,etc? i was going to try and make one myself from several games, but if theres one already made ill just use that one.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
small question. is there any girls pack, already made, that only has characters from other games, like ane to boin, saimin class, kyonyuu fantasy,etc? i was going to try and make one myself from several games, but if theres one already made ill just use that one.
This spreadsheet might be helpful to you:

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes