Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017

I'll test on a fresh install AGAIN, just to make sure something didn't break. I did test this on a fresh install this morning, but Renpy can be temperamental sometimes...

Also, I'll re-download BK from the link in the OP here, just to make sure something isn't wonky there... I can't imagine there would be an issue, but it's good to cover the bases.
Yep, that's exactly what I did just now and get crashes. My thoughts are there is a patch inbetween that I couldn't locate from around September that is missing that might be the problem. The link I found in a post here just brought me to the 10/15 patch, so I was unable to build off the one from September. Let me know if you need my logs to have an idea what's going on. Thanks!

Yep, I installed girl packs. I have 4gb I'd never lose of them.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If you could either cut and paste the error log here, or tell me what the last line says, where the exception occurs, please.

Also, while I wait on the download, could you check to see if the game is working with just the 0.14 main download, and then apply the patch and see if it's still working? Test with a new game, then maybe check with existing saves.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Much thanks to @Lolzoke for helping me spot the error.

Very much appreciated!!! And thank you for your patience!!!

It happens when your brothel is losing money and when you open the brothel report, 'cuz there was a typo in the code.

Here's the updated screens.rpy for those that have already downloaded V2a of my mod.

I've uploaded a v2aa zip file (note the v2aa, or double a's for the new 7zip) for those that haven't downloaded it yet - the v2aa version is now linked in the previous posts.

Just drop this file in the /game folder of your Brothel King folder.

Reactions: Lolzoke

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Be careful with the installation, for some reason the main BK file may have two boa hancock folders, one in /game and another one in game/girls; this brings errors while starting the game, but if it's the case you can see references to boa hancock files in the error log.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Updated experimental patch with a few new features: now you can do something with all that cimmerian scrap...

Link:

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017
Glad to help!

I'm really hoping OhWee's mod is put into the game because I want to use these patches, but I'd willingly give them up for a better UI for now.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Guys the latest experimental patch has a bug not officially fixed yet, it's just the absence of 4 pics in game/events folder which are called when girls have a fight during night events. While waiting for the official pics I made a personal set, if you want to use it here's the link:

If you wish to use any other pic just find 4 images of girls involved in a fight and rename them in the following way:

fight1.png
fight2.png
fight3.png
fight4.png

It's best if the pics have a standard screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768, etc.) and if you find a different pic format just change the extention to .png, it is enough. The pics must be put in game/events folder.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so Dragonblood over at the HHS forum seems to have managed to get my interface mod working with the latest experimental patch.

I tested it briefly, so far it seems to be working.

You'll need to make sure you install in this order:
Brothel King 14.0 > 10/15/18 Patch > Experimental Patch > OhWee Interface Mod V2aa > Dragonblood's reworked files for Interface Mod.
Dragonblood's post is here:

Let me know if you run into issues!

Edit: So I'm seeing this error with the experimental patch and my mod... it pops up at the beginning of each day.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 943, in script
    python:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 970, in <module>
    if auto_extractors[res + " ON"]:
NameError: name 'auto_extractors' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 943, in script
    python:
  File "D:\Games\pcr\bktest\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\pcr\bktest\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 970, in <module>
    if auto_extractors[res + " ON"]:
NameError: name 'auto_extractors' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.14
Wed Oct 31 12:06:40 2018
I've just been clicking the Ignore option at the bottom, and my game hasn't blown up yet/I'm still able to play. Just mentioning this in case someone else is being brave and playing with both the interface mod and the experimental mod...

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Has anyone managed to trigger Satella's quest chain? After receiving the first zombie racoon letter I never received another one so I peeked into the code and noticed the event is never rescheduled within the satella_first_visit label (it is during subsequent visits but since they're never triggered in the first place it doesn't matter). I fixed it but haven't time to restart a playthrough to test at the moment.

So I ask: has anyone played through her quest chain naturally? On vanilla 0.14?

Edit: Another bug. If you have a girl pack with an "always" personality the game with crash.
Problem: in BKgirlclass.rpy within the set_personality method self.personality = rand_choice(self.init_dict["base personality/always"]) returns a string instead of a dict. It should be replaced by self.personality = gpersonalities[rand_choice(self.init_dict["base personality/always"])] instead.
The issue is not fixed with the experimental patch.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Not for now, but you can use my trainer, 2.6 version has a command which shows the farm weakness of a girl (must interact with her first):

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I forgot to fix the "bisexual" tag in my latest girl packs, so i'm updating them again, here's the list of what it's changed today:

Allura, Cheria Barnes, Erina Nakiri, Ikumi Mito, Shampoo - changed "bisexual" tag in "bis"
Rem - as above, but with a few new pics (now there are 462 pics)

My Emilia girl pack is almost ready, tag phase left. It will contain most of the pics actually used in the basic Emilia pack, plus a lot more high quality pics. Coming very soon!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I forgot to fix the "bisexual" tag in my latest girl packs, so i'm updating them again, here's the list of what it's changed today:

Allura, Cheria Barnes, Erina Nakiri, Ikumi Mito, Shampoo - changed "bisexual" tag in "bis"
Rem - as above, but with a few new pics (now there are 462 pics)

My Emilia girl pack is almost ready, tag phase left. It will contain most of the pics actually used in the basic Emilia pack, plus a lot more high quality pics. Coming very soon!
Hey Kite80!

Stupid question.

Has anyone figured out which characters were used for the NPC's such as Sill, Renza, the Carpenter Girl, Kosmo's slaves, etc? I.E. I'm wondering if there are there a bunch of other images out there on the web showing said characters...
:angel:

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Has anyone figured out which characters were used for the NPC's such as Sill, Renza, the Carpenter Girl, Kosmo's slaves, etc? I.E. I'm wondering if there are there a bunch of other images out there on the web showing said characters...
:angel:
Couldn't figure out for everyone but I have a few.

Sill, Satella, Gio, Kurohime, Maya and Roz are all from the games.
Renza, Captain Farah, Sergeant Kashiv and a bunch of "Bandit queens" are from a browser game, Mononofu ~ Shirayurisen Maihime ~
Gizel is from Hekigan no Soukishi Feril to Ririka.

I have genuinely no clue about the carpenter girl though. I suspect a browser game but so far I don't know which.

Reactions: OhWee

Ardlan

Mar 29, 2018
Couldn't figure out for everyone but I have a few.

Sill, Satella, Gio, Kurohime, Maya and Roz are all from the games.
Renza, Captain Farah, Sergeant Kashiv and a bunch of "Bandit queens" are from a browser game, Mononofu ~ Shirayurisen Maihime ~
Gizel is from Hekigan no Soukishi Feril to Ririka.

I have genuinely no clue about the carpenter girl though. I suspect a browser game but so far I don't know which.
The carpenter girl is from Flower Knight Girl (browser game at DMM or Nutaku)

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The posting girl is Bellows from anime "Suisei no Gargantia". Who else is missing? ^.^

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Oh by the way, here's another small update for the experimental patch:

WARNING: the latest patch introduces a new function (master bedroom) which is actually bugged (missing a variable definition somewhere). In order to keep playing after you install this patch, open the file BKinteractions.rpy and change the lines from 457 to 509 in comment lines (by adding '#' at the start of each line). This will lock the master bedroom function until Goldo will fix it.

On a side note, since it is already reported many times that a BK.ini in some girl pack causes errors but the owner hasn't fixed it yet, if you guys ever encounter such kind of error please let me know which girl pack has such infamous bugged BK.ini. Thanks in advance ;-)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just posting this for fun, but I could definitely see the MC doing this to Sill as she's trying to help manage the brothel...

sengokurance2.jpg

mailfatoto

May 14, 2017
Oh by the way, here's another small update for the experimental patch:

WARNING: the latest patch introduces a new function (master bedroom) which is actually bugged (missing a variable definition somewhere). In order to keep playing after you install this patch, open the file BKinteractions.rpy and change the lines from 457 to 509 in comment lines (by adding '#' at the start of each line). This will lock the master bedroom function until Goldo will fix it.

On a side note, since it is already reported many times that a BK.ini in some girl pack causes errors but the owner hasn't fixed it yet, if you guys ever encounter such kind of error please let me know which girl pack has such infamous bugged BK.ini. Thanks in advance ;-)
In my part, I have a issue with this new version when I load a game Where I am a Gils in training (Away).

I have this error "AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'away'" in many scrip.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes