Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Please copy/paste the error log when you report a bug, it's easier to find the issue and eventually fix it. Also this new patch is changing a lot of things, so older saves are likely no more compatible.

McAron

Apr 24, 2017
I don't know if it has been asked or proposed before, but is it possible to make a mod that changes MC to a female or futa? (if it's not already done).

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Actually no; I guess the reason is MC is the male protagonist of the game storyline, every npc refers to him as male, it would be a mess changing all those dialogues to fit the new gender; plus, think about free girls interactions: it would be a nonsense having them falling in love with a female mc and then train them into lesbian sex from scrap once they join your brothel.

The futa is a different topic: it hasn't been implemented yet, but Goldo doesn't exclude the possibility to have something in the future. For now, let's say that BK lore has no references to futas, this should be discussed with Goldo and see how (or if) such feature could be implemented in game. Magic could help in such way: a potion, another weird experiment of Gisele, and so on...

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Do I have permission to reupload the additional girl pack and post the link here or will I get in trouble? I just want to provide an alternative to megaupload cause their bandwidth limit drove me nuts.

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Also just wondering would it be possible to add Marie Mamiya and the other girls from Starless to a pack?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Feel free to post any link related to BK anytime; starless girls may not have enough material for a good pack, but certainly they deserve a try! Also I really like Marie character, one reason over all she's a redhead :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
So.. ahm.. long story short I need to download the game, the base pack and the additional girl pack?
And I apologize If I'm asking something that, probably, someone already did in the previous pages but.. how much content is inside? Thank you kindly for your answers c:

Seems that this game caught my attention somehow, even though I didn't knew about it before and it's even here from a year already :FeelsBadMan:

Besharia

May 6, 2018
So.. ahm.. long story short I need to download the game, the base pack and the additional girl pack?
And I apologize If I'm asking something that, probably, someone already did in the previous pages but.. how much content is inside? Thank you kindly for your answers c:

Seems that this game caught my attention somehow, even though I didn't knew about it before and it's even here from a year already :FeelsBadMan:
Not quite sure. I have it and the basic and additional girls pack I just need to install them and then comment out a few lines. I want to reupload the additional girl pack first but I need permission first (I think?)

Reactions: brynhildr

EvilPenguin

Apr 6, 2018

Content inside the game:

- Good brothel manager (you can set up TYPE of clients, advertise your entertain business also witch sex act would you recommend)

- main story: Chapter one with multiple options at the end (advancing game further just gives WIP).

- Couple side quest and a handful of repeatable events.

- Weekly quest board change (quest to earn gold and classes to spend gold and train your slaves faster)

- Annoying "rival"

But after getting past chapter one and moving your brothel to a new district, you get the carpenter wagon - unique brothel upgrades (Need to hire the crafter and gather materials). Also in another side quest you will obtain a place to train you girls.

If you liked games like Whoremaster, Slave Maker and PytFall you should give this game a chance. Also from the game forums, author is finishing with game mechanics and next stage moving to develop the story line more.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Others have pretty much covered this already, but I'll answer your questions (again) just because.

Yeah, Download Brothel KIng 14 (link in OP). You'll probably also want to grab the 10/15/2018 patch just because.
Link to the patch:

The OP also includes links to the 'basic girl packs' that will have a few girls to get you started.

There are more girl packs available as well. Here's a good place to start on those:

R.E. Content. As mentioned above, the 'storyline' elements only cover the first chapter or so, but as for the 'brothel building' elements, that's pretty much fully functional for all six stages. So if you just like to train your girls, and upgrade your brothel as you work on raking in the cash, that part of the game is pretty much covered.

Goldo has plans for more things, and of course more story-related elements as well, but there's quite a bit that you can do already.

I've also done an interface mod for this game, which helps streamline gameplay a bit, but I'd recommend trying the vanilla version first, to familiarize yourself with the game.

There's also an experimental patch available, but they are still slaying bugs on that one... might be worth looking into as there's some significant changes involved, assuming you don't mind helping slay the occasional bug...

Finally, here's the 'home forum' for Brothel King, where Goldo (the head game designer or whatever his role is) resides. A lot of the playtesting and design discussion happens there.

I hope that our answers have been helpful to you!

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Awesome resume guys! Just want to add a side note: you can have as many girl packs as you like, even adding more during gameplay. It is not recommended, though, to delete girl packs after you start a game, it would break as soon as it would search for the deleted girl.

BK also has a built-in cheat menu (look for "?" button on top right corner), with a lot of cool functions. And the pics gallery, don't miss that one!

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Hm, so after searching the thread it says to create a girls folder in the game folder and extract the basic pack there. Ok fine. But what about the other girl pack on the OP what do I do with them? Because they're not folders but compressed archives with folders in them. Do I have to extract each archive or can the game read them to?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hm, so after searching the thread it says to create a girls folder in the game folder and extract the basic pack there. Ok fine. But what about the other girl pack on the OP what do I do with them? Because they're not folders but compressed archives with folders in them. Do I have to extract each archive or can the game read them to?
Essentially you'll want to browse through those folders, and decide which girls you want to add to the game (this also applies to the spreadsheet I linked). Some girl packs are more interesting/have more 'tagged' image categories than others.

Anyways, just drag the folder that has the girl's name into your /game/girls folder from the archive or whatever. I suppose if you wanted all of the girls, you could just extract the contents of the entire archive into the /game/girls folder, just make sure that you end up with 'named' gal folders inside of the /girls folder when you are done. To be safe, you could extract the archive into a standalone folder, then grab the 'named' folders and drag those into the /girls folder.

Hope this helps!

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Not quite sure. I have it and the basic and additional girls pack I just need to install them and then comment out a few lines. I want to reupload the additional girl pack first but I need permission first (I think?)
Content inside the game:

- Good brothel manager (you can set up TYPE of clients, advertise your entertain business also witch sex act would you recommend)

- main story: Chapter one with multiple options at the end (advancing game further just gives WIP).

- Couple side quest and a handful of repeatable events.

- Weekly quest board change (quest to earn gold and classes to spend gold and train your slaves faster)

- Annoying "rival"

But after getting past chapter one and moving your brothel to a new district, you get the carpenter wagon - unique brothel upgrades (Need to hire the crafter and gather materials). Also in another side quest you will obtain a place to train you girls.

If you liked games like Whoremaster, Slave Maker and PytFall you should give this game a chance. Also from the game forums, author is finishing with game mechanics and next stage moving to develop the story line more.
Others have pretty much covered this already, but I'll answer your questions (again) just because.

Yeah, Download Brothel KIng 14 (link in OP). You'll probably also want to grab the 10/15/2018 patch just because.
Link to the patch:

The OP also includes links to the 'basic girl packs' that will have a few girls to get you started.

There are more girl packs available as well. Here's a good place to start on those:

R.E. Content. As mentioned above, the 'storyline' elements only cover the first chapter or so, but as for the 'brothel building' elements, that's pretty much fully functional for all six stages. So if you just like to train your girls, and upgrade your brothel as you work on raking in the cash, that part of the game is pretty much covered.

Goldo has plans for more things, and of course more story-related elements as well, but there's quite a bit that you can do already.

I've also done an interface mod for this game, which helps streamline gameplay a bit, but I'd recommend trying the vanilla version first, to familiarize yourself with the game.

There's also an experimental patch available, but they are still slaying bugs on that one... might be worth looking into as there's some significant changes involved, assuming you don't mind helping slay the occasional bug...

Finally, here's the 'home forum' for Brothel King, where Goldo (the head game designer or whatever his role is) resides. A lot of the playtesting and design discussion happens there.

I hope that our answers have been helpful to you!
Thank you so much, all of your, for your help and opinions about this game c:
..silly question (though it's not mandatory because in the end, just the brothel aspect somehow is something that I can enjoy and hearing that this have a story, even though "short", it's kind of intriguing - but eh, knowing me, in a certain sense can be of some relevance): since I don't see any.. pregnant picture in the girls folders (the basic at least, unless I miss something), I assume that this "system" it's not implemented yet, right? Or that will never be implemented maybe? Or it's just one general picture for everyone? Thanks again for your replies!

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
There's no pregnancy content at all for now. The dev isn't against the idea though, here's a quote from him about it:
My thoughts on pregnancy:
- To make it worth while, it should have significant impacts on gameplay (some of those you suggest)
- The game 'turns' are days, not week, so we are looking at something like 2-3 months of normal pictures followed by 6 months of pregnant pictures then giving birth and some kind of maternity break. Maybe some spells or items could increase the speed of it (because, magic), but that's a pretty long game time to consider
- I don't want anything that increases micro (manually taking girls off the brothel 5 days per month will get tedious really fast), but some kind of birth control can be included. I really don't want to get into an abortion mechanic because that's going to get people yelling and abusing each other really fast over pixels in a light hentai game, but maybe some kind of morning after spell that stops the pregnancy before it starts (whether the girl is happy about it would depend on context and personality) to give the player a choice... Then when the baby is born, some permanent costs to host and feed him for good players, or the option to sell or abandon him for evil players would make sense.
From . So it'll probably take a while before it's implemented.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Consider that when you "cum inside" a girl the text hints for "caring about consequences"... maybe it will be implemented in future, probably with contraceptive devices and items which would help MC avoiding girls to be pregnant too often (or at all). This would even bring interesting turns, for example when a girl is raped by a tentacle monster, everyone who played slavemaker know what I mean ;-)

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Ok so I took the additional girls pack from the OP and reposted it on Google Drive (it was the simplest way for me to upload it) let me know if you have any problems with the link it should work though. Also if it's against the rules just delete the link please don't ban me I just had to reupload it Mega drove me nuts with their limits on bandwidth and I want to spare others that pain.

I believe all the girls were transferred over.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes