Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Nuker

Jun 30, 2018
Hi There,

I looked through the thread but couldn't find the info to my below question so apologies if I missed it.

Is there a way to set it up so certain girls are unique i.e no clones? I want to have a certain image pack not be shared with other girls in game.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@Nuker your question wasn't answered yet, so don't worry ;-)

I'm sure there is a way to make a girl unique by using a _BK.ini file in her folder; the file should contain the command "force_original = True" in the [cloning options] section, but before I can confirm you this, I need to run some tests.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
I haven't got all the way through this current release yet, I just wonder if there's eventually always a limit on how many girls you can have working for you? I remember one of the main charms of the Newgrounds one I used to play was trying to get every single one that the game had to offer for the best ending score. If there is a limit in the end-game I'd probably wanna cheat to remove it just for fun at that point haha.

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
I haven't got all the way through this current release yet, I just wonder if there's eventually always a limit on how many girls you can have working for you? I remember one of the main charms of the Newgrounds one I used to play was trying to get every single one that the game had to offer for the best ending score. If there is a limit in the end-game I'd probably wanna cheat to remove it just for fun at that point haha.
My recollection is that the final brothel level can hold 32 girls total, hence why I use multiple game folders with exactly 32 girls in each one

Reactions: Fox.Mulder

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Interesting way of doing it. I'm too far in to start that for now though, maybe another time. I do still wonder if there's a command to change the room limit though. Not sure how much you can really do with the console though.

dondani

Jan 24, 2018
The best brothel management game since newgrounds era.Great collection of girls packs and a great story so far.

Regarding the last update I really Liked the random events but I would like to progress the main story.The dark mmon month fucks up the game and you really have no choice but to cheat.I hope the next update to befocused on the main story.Looking forward for the next update ,just hoping we dont have to wait about a year :)

Sep 17, 2017
Ok, not sure if this is something that can be prevented or not, but how the hell do I prevent fires from happening at the brothel? I'm barely scraping enough cash together to clean up the previous wave, then I get hit with two fires back-to-back in the same night *again*. I only have 3 girls, at the slums location, and this keeps pushing me to either near bankruptcy or being forced to stay at Disgusting level cleanliness for days on end, which apparently causes some of my girls to get sick, harming income even more.

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
Ok, not sure if this is something that can be prevented or not, but how the hell do I prevent fires from happening at the brothel? I'm barely scraping enough cash together to clean up the previous wave, then I get hit with two fires back-to-back in the same night *again*. I only have 3 girls, at the slums location, and this keeps pushing me to either near bankruptcy or being forced to stay at Disgusting level cleanliness for days on end, which apparently causes some of my girls to get sick, harming income even more.
Fires and other forms of attacks to your brothel can be avoided by increasing your brothel security. This can be done a number of ways such as, hiring goons, having Maya as your trainer, or investing in the first bride perk.
I'm guessing your security is currently very low, making your brothel threat level very high, or the current moon phase is the one that increases craziness, I think it's called blood moon.

Reactions: High_Imperceptor

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
Enjoyed the game up until I can't get any diamonds. Hopefully gets patched or fixed in the not too distant future.

Wonder what new versions will bring. Hopefully won't need to restart too often.

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
Your Brothel threat you can see in "Show brothel report" below Date on top left side of screen. if you don't have crazy moon you need 1 goons for every customers to keep on normal. And keep your Dirt level on Clean . See is your class have spell to help you with that. As Wizard i use Magic servants what is -50 dirt for each point of spirit (you start with 3 points)

Reactions: High_Imperceptor

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
About security problems, the last solution is to go to game preferences and turn off the settings concenring brothel security events. No more arsons, berserkers, monsters, thieves. Besides, I already proposed Goldo to reduce the chance of such bad events and put a daily limit for them, like no more tham one arson, 2-3 clients going berserk, 1-2 thieves each night. That should make the game more realistic, cause less problems and make BK more enjoyable.

The girls limit in final chapter is 32, I recommend not to increase it though, the game risks to be unstable and eventually crash. If you want to experiment a higher limit, I'll try and look which code should be changed to do so.

Goldo will fix the diamond bug asap, don't worry; usually he comes up with bugfixes within 4-5 days since they are reported, dependin on how much time it is required to solve the bug; i don't think this bug in particular is much complicated, anyway as soon as it is fixed I'll inform you here and eventually will post a patch.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
Sometimes my brothel gets overrun and is hit with multiple fires and beatings in one night. Probably a bad combination of furnishings and crazy moon. I have the max number of goons and generally my brothel security level?? is very low. It just happens randomly but when things go wrong they go crazy.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Sometimes my brothel gets overrun and is hit with multiple fires and beatings in one night. Probably a bad combination of furnishings and crazy moon. I have the max number of goons and generally my brothel security level?? is very low. It just happens randomly but when things go wrong they go crazy.
If you have used cheats to rank your girls up past the max rank for that chapter, there are a couple of negative consequences. One is that they will always be dissatisfied with their quarters as you cannot improve them to the appropriate rank, and the second is that they will attract more security problems than your security level can handle. Chapter 1 max girl rank is C, chapter 2 is B. If your girls are A, S, or X, this is what is causing problems.

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
Did monsters/pets at farm have level limit ?. and why on one save they get XP when i use training and on other they don't? For some reason all my girls live monster den even when pig pit or workshop have mobs with higher level. and only time they use stable is if i don't buy any other facilities(upgrades).

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Girls in farm are assigend to the different facilities in 2 ways:

-) the default one is at Gizel's choice
-) alternatively you can choose a fixed facility by yourself

If it happens that girls are trained always at the same place, you probably have let Gizel choose it for you, and she chooses the same location every time even if somewhere else there are higher level minions. Change the training settings and select the facility you want that girl to be trained.

The training has some random factors which influence the outcome, so if you load a save when training a girl in the farm you may see her getting or not getting xp even if you reload the same save game more than once.

The limit of farm minions level depends on which chapter you have reached.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
The girls limit in final chapter is 32, I recommend not to increase it though, the game risks to be unstable and eventually crash. If you want to experiment a higher limit, I'll try and look which code should be changed to do so.
Is there a command to change the room limit perhaps? Just to mess around with. If it crashes it crashes. :p

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
Girls in farm are assigend to the different facilities in 2 ways:

-) the default one is at Gizel's choice
-) alternatively you can choose a fixed facility by yourself

If it happens that girls are trained always at the same place, you probably have let Gizel choose it for you, and she chooses the same location every time even if somewhere else there are higher level minions. Change the training settings and select the facility you want that girl to be trained.

The training has some random factors which influence the outcome, so if you load a save when training a girl in the farm you may see her getting or not getting xp even if you reload the same save game more than once.

The limit of farm minions level depends on which chapter you have reached.
I did let Gizel to choice so she always take monster den. Right now i'm chapter 1 i have 10k gold but i want to get all 4/5 girls that have 1 star in all jobs and stats before process with next chapter.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
If you have used cheats to rank your girls up past the max rank for that chapter, there are a couple of negative consequences. One is that they will always be dissatisfied with their quarters as you cannot improve them to the appropriate rank, and the second is that they will attract more security problems than your security level can handle. Chapter 1 max girl rank is C, chapter 2 is B. If your girls are A, S, or X, this is what is causing problems.
I haven't used any cheats. I'm up to chapter five with S girls I think. Waiting on diamonds to become available before I play any more.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Wow, now that I have a good customer base, I can afford guards. 13 goons + 7 provided by the girls, I've got like 8 girls, and 2 of them have mace's and 2 others have knives. With the way my goons are squashing monsters and tackling the arsonists, I feel much more secure, I just need a larger safe, lol.

Only saving hiding 6k from my threat level means I'm still getting hit by thieves, but the game is much more enjoyable at later stages. Hopefully once we "win" the game we'll be given the option for a new game plus and start with maybe 1 piece of gear that we have equipped and some of our skills upgraded to when we won the game. I say 1 piece and some because I'm level 8 at the moment and I still have 2 more districts to advance to.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes