Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
I'll send them out for classes, especially if I'm getting too close to the 1000 gold for the 2nd brothel, I like to have 3-4 girls in the original brothel before I move up to the 2nd brothel, just so I have a good income coming in. On the plus side sending them to classes gets them out of your hair for a bit, so while you still have low AP you can focus on the girls who need training / love etc...

Also once you unlock the farm, you can send them there for constitution / obedience training (among other things :D)...

they are( love +10 worship. fear +9 she is like princes. and completely trust me) . she is Waitress 1 all sec service on 1(star) but she refuses to work as Dancer (body 11/50). other 2 girl work just fine both have star on Waitress/Dancer/and All Whore services. I use work as way to train them so i don't need to pay for classes .
What are her traits? Maybe next time she levels, put some points in body? I'm really baffled as to why she won't work as a dancer.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Oh yeah another thing I noticed is the game doesn't seem to save my settings for lowering the music volume, so I have to do that every start-up. And it also never saves my setting to save first and last names from the folders so characters have their actual names rather than made up ones. I much prefer them having their proper names.

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
Oh yeah another thing I noticed is the game doesn't seem to save my settings for lowering the music volume, so I have to do that every start-up. And it also never saves my setting to save first and last names from the folders so characters have their actual names rather than made up ones. I much prefer them having their proper names.
This has been addressed before, around 2-3 pages back, but it seems to be an issue with ren'py and is currently being looked into and hopefully fixed soon.

Reactions: Fox.Mulder

jakran

Oct 19, 2017
So I tried to use the cheat menu to get flowers, but the Get item command doesn't seem to work, for flowers or anything else. I've tried Update items several dozen times as well with no luck, and Get all items doesn't give me any flowers either. Are these still in the game? Are they still necessary? Is my game fucked? I dunno what's going on.

no_one

Oct 18, 2016
So I tried to use the cheat menu to get flowers, but the Get item command doesn't seem to work, for flowers or anything else. I've tried Update items several dozen times as well with no luck, and Get all items doesn't give me any flowers either. Are these still in the game? Are they still necessary? Is my game fucked? I dunno what's going on.
Just tested it. It works, it is just case sensitive. For example, for a pink flower you must type Pink flower, for a white one White flower etc.

tessarhea

Jul 2, 2017
For Get Item, you need to enter a part of the name, case-sensitive. "Pink" gives you a Pink flower, for example. "flower" should give you one of each kind. "staff" gives you all the staves (that don't have Staff at the beginning), like Wing staff. "Legendary" gives you all the top-tier items for the girls, I think.

kensvs

Nov 19, 2017
okay been loving the game so far.. until i reach the "Hollow Moon" period (+50% brothel threat, 20% brothel crazy, +2 customer defense)

everyday i lost 2k+ gold, at least 5 of my girls get hurt everyday, can anyone tell me what i do wrong..

i already go to the carpenter to build the item to reduce brothel craziness, max out my security, equip trainer Maya to get +2 def for each of the girls yet monster still keep robbing me and injuring the girls.. and now i just realize all of the girls are afraid of me (the big purple skull at their profile) and all mood are worsening..

need help badly

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
My suggest about speed and actions was 3 actions per speed point, it would increase at a good pace during gameplay, so you don't have many actions at the start, but at speed 10 and probably with a lot of girls to manage 30 actions each day are good.

The renpy issue about settings not saved is still under investigation, but I haven't find any clue yet on how to fix it. Also it happens for someone while others have everything working fine, without any apparent reason. Any ideas?

Girls refusing to do some jobs may have a dominant personality trait, which makes obedience tests more difficult when you put them doing a job, especially if they have an archetype from one of their perks which is opposite to that job's archetype. For example, a very dominant model would rather refuse to work as a waitress, preferring to do the masseuse or the dancer. You can discover such hidden feature of her personality by interacting with her in many ways, then a note on MC diary will indicate such trait (where it formerly said "you don't know her much yet")

@kensvs: you got a very challenging situation, so my first suggest is to save your game before you end the day and see the results; if you get a mayhem just reload again. Alternatively, use cheats to get some money and restore girls health, in this way you go on with the days but don't get damaged too much. Same thing for girls fear, it's normal you see it raising since the brothel isn't secure, they are fearful because of the aggressions and their morale suffers too; you can fix it by maximizing girls love and fear command in the cheat menu.
There's little more, if not anything, you can do more than what you already made: security at max, Maya as trainer, furniture to lower brothel craziness; don't know if you already got the furnitures which grant better defense too, if not get them asap (if available).
Meanwhile I'll ask Goldo if it's the case to revise such moon, since it's ruining your game experience a lot. If I come up with something else will let you know immediately.

kensvs

Nov 19, 2017
thanks for the quick reply, yea i even build all the furniture for security but maybe since i'm at chapter 4 the alarm system at this stage might not be able to help much.. i have 16 girls who are dead afraid of me (-14 in their status) before the moon changed, this will take some time but i'm trying to rebuild their trust with me

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Be sure that their morale always gets positive bonuses, the Bride perks assigned to a couple of girls help a lot. Whores can get the Slut perk which raises morale while whoring too.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
Has anyone managed to get diamonds? I followed one of the walkthroughs in this thread and I haven't been able to get any at the waterfalls in the King's Hold.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
The "Bride" is something I get for almost every girl, that and the maid, after that I'll go with whatever the girl started with or with what I need. Do you have the spell magic shield yet? That will protect 1 girl automatically. Other then that, scum save before you end the day, and see if reloading helps.

Since the game is still in progress, I've got the feeling that some of the events may not be balance out yet, or it could just be Kosmo gunning for us.... 6 arson attempts in one night, really Kosmo....

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
When I go "Visit the city", the game will not allow me to enter any of the districts. I have over 1000 gold, but without being able to enter the slums I cannot progress.

kensvs

Nov 19, 2017
i need help, i already build the necessary furniture to attract new customer, i've unlock till aristocrat but when i check at the customer population, i only got beggers, thugs and laborers coming to my brothel, why is that..?

kensvs

Nov 19, 2017
When I go "Visit the city", the game will not allow me to enter any of the districts. I have over 1000 gold, but without being able to enter the slums I cannot progress.
visit the watchtower and "take a look around" to continue the story and unlock the next district

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
So you were able to enter the slums before to get the 1000 gold?

i need help, i already build the necessary furniture to attract new customer, i've unlock till aristocrat but when i check at the customer population, i only got beggers, thugs and laborers coming to my brothel, why is that..?
When you get to the customer screen, can you use your mouse to lower the beggars and thugs and increase the other types of customers?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I checked diamonds gathering personally and strangely it doesn't work anymore. I'm sure it was ok in the last bugfix but it appears that the official release may have this issue for someone. Bug reported.

@Awolfe if you can't access any district open the console by pressing SHIFT+o, then write "game.chapter = x" where x is the chapter you're currently in (I figure out it's 1 in your case). Next time you visit the city, you should be able to access the distric(s) again.

@kensvs once you get a furniture which unlocks a new type of customer, be sure to go to brothel management screen, then choose which kind of clients to let in. I strongly recommend to set beggars and thugs bars to zero once you have at least 3 more types of clients.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
@Awolfe if you can't access any district open the console by pressing SHIFT+o, then write "game.chapter = x" where x is the chapter you're currently in (I figure out it's 1 in your case). Next time you visit the city, you should be able to access the distric(s) again.
Doesn't fix it. If set it to chapter 2 I can enter the 2nd tier districts, but the slums are still locked out.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@Awolfe from brothel page open the console, try to set it to 0, enter the town, go back to the brothel, reopen the console, set it to 1, go to town again. Hope it will work

Reactions: AWolfe

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
@Awolfe from brothel page open the console, try to set it to 0, enter the town, go back to the brothel, reopen the console, set it to 1, go to town again. Hope it will work
Sadly, that has no effect. Look like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and restart the game (yet again), since I suspect that every save I made in this current version is corrupt. Thanks for trying to help.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes