Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
This game is a blast, but right now the random events are killing me. Had one time where I had like 6 assaults (can't remember the moon phase, but it might have been the crazy phase), and another time where I had 3 arsons happen in the same evening.

I've started doing a save in the morning, mid-day and then right before I end the day. Was good, because I had 2 girls turn into enemies and I had to go back to morning and redo my choices from training to telling them not to fight with each other.

Does it seem to you all that the girls stats degrade over time? Not complaining, stuff like that happens, but it seems the degrade is a bit of a steep step, and I'd like to figure out how to prevent it other then constantly re-training. I'm currently in the docks, with 4 girls, 2 whores, a dancer and a waitress, and the all love me 3 are totally relaxed, and the last girl is "at ease" around me. (Going for the softer approach here, although I'll probably do a fear run once through just to see the options eventually.)

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
How does the game run for other people? Mine freezes up every couple seconds and only gets worse as the game progresses.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Eh, my game only really pauses during the "end day" selection, and usually then not for too long, 5-10 seconds maybe?

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Yeah this is pretty great. It's more or less exactly the kind of game I've wanted since the Hentai Sim Brothel game on Newgrounds. All others I've tried since then seemed a little convoluted and had way less fun with them.
This one seems to nail it like that did. I do think action points are a little low sometimes when you can explore the town as well, and the packs aren't all perfect, but other than that it's damn good management fun.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Yes this game is the best in genre for sure. Great execution. Is it open sourced? I kind of want to poke at it.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Great game. Some limitations:

- It would be nice if you could set a girl's job in the schedule. E.g. Monday: Waitress (full shift), Tuesday: Whore (half shift), Wednesday: Rest, etc.

- Right now keeping girls non-tired is a big job. Maybe some sort of interaction where you can tell a girl (e.g. who has been whoring and is now Tired) not to over-work herself in the future.

- It seems a bit confusing what the role of the different additions to the brothel achieve. What's the point of adding an onsen, for example--does it make money or make the men more horny or etc. Because I had an issue that I set too many girls to do these 'extra' jobs and not enough the actually whore, meaning I made little money. Maybe some basic description of each addition on the buy screen.

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
- It seems a bit confusing what the role of the different additions to the brothel achieve. What's the point of adding an onsen, for example--does it make money or make the men more horny or etc. Because I had an issue that I set too many girls to do these 'extra' jobs and not enough the actually whore, meaning I made little money. Maybe some basic description of each addition on the buy screen.
As far as I'm aware the only purpose of having those extra jobs is for the girls to have something to do while they are unable to whore, it also helps with improving the stats associated with them for example, waitress and charm. I think they also help fulfill your customers needs; for example if you have 7 customers, 4 of them may be tended to by your whores, while the 3 remaining might be satisfied with a dance at the club or a drink at the tavern.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The girls stats are not meant to degrade during time: once a girl reaches a certain score at a skill, she can only improve it. Unless she gets hurt, in that case she may get a tiny loss of a certain skill (usually constitution). Love and Fear are different, they chenage depending on how MC interacts with the girl, plus brothel fear score may increase or decrease girl's fear after every end of the day.

Game slows a little when loading city screen or other similar features; in general when you have a background with a lot of clickable things you may suffer some lag; by pressing SHIFT+G you may change graphic settings by selecting "force opengl", it may solve your problems.

Hint for good work/rest cycle: full/full/rest/half/half/half/rest; be sure to not put the same rest days to all your girls.

work rooms: they are required to allow the girls doing the related job; if you want a girl to work as masseuse, you need the onsen. About the onsen, there's a special event involving an npc which requires to have the onsen in your brothel. Other special events involving your girls may happen sometimes, like you attending a girl performance in the strip club. Last but not least: entertained guests pay more tips. If you have 6 clients but your tavern may serve only 4 of them, you would like to have another work room and a girl working there, so that every client would be served before getting laid with your whores (if you have enough girls for this).

More action points: this is something I personally would change (and proposed to Goldo a while ago). If you wish to have more action points, open the renpy console by pressing SHIFT+o, then write "MC.speed=x" where x is any valye you want to try (25 is a good and balanced value, you may want to raise it later up to 50; I tried 100 and is very, very much)

Every suggest for improvements are welcome, I'll gather them and propose to Goldo what you suggest. Thak you very much!

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
I'll have to try buying an item that had a speed stat to see if it raises my AP.....

Also I just advanced to chapter 3, and it seems that I'm losing money left right and sideways, going to roll back to a previous save I think and stay at my level 2 brothel for a bit, but I was at over 8k before I moved and after moving the 3k shrunk to 1500 in just a few days, and not just from thieves!

I'll have to check the girls stats again, maybe I'm imagining it, but I could have sworn my first girl had high stats for being a waitress, and now that she's a whore they look low. I've been fairly lucky with not getting girls injured (magic shield 4tw!)!

DDroos

Nov 28, 2017
Stats might look lower when the stat cap is raised from ranking up or furniture
Also anyone know how to add flowers to the inventory with the console? The shop hasn't sold any in quite a few weeks

edit: forgot to mention the "help" button in the menu opens a new internet explorer window, don't think it's working as intended for me

no_one

Oct 18, 2016
Stats might look lower when the stat cap is raised from ranking up or furniture
Also anyone know how to add flowers to the inventory with the console? The shop hasn't sold any in quite a few weeks

edit: forgot to mention the "help" button in the menu opens a new internet explorer window, don't think it's working as intended for me
If you click on the ? on the top right corner > Cheat Menu > Items > Get Item > Type flower you can get one of each, you can also specify the color of the flower only get one though iirc

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
A girl result for working/whoring is given by several factors: the dice roll, the related girl stat, her skill, the type of customer served (beggars are easier than sailors or smiths). Once the game fixes the girl difficulty level, this is compared with the total score of the girl, so that the outcome is obtained. A low outcome brings few coins; going further with the pimp career and relocating the brothel to a better area raises difficulty, so during the first days (when you also have low reputation and few clients come in) it may happen to lose money, especially if you have a lot of girls which cost you a lot of money, but a bunch of beggars who don't bring you a good income. To solve this problem try to fill up the brothel advertising, to speed up reputation growth and bring many new customers in a short time.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Oh... My... God.... Get the freaking carpenter. Once you move to your 2nd brothel, there is an action I think on the Brothel screen where you and Sill, find a wagon, if you look around near the Gallows or Prison, can't recall which you'll find the carpenter girl. You collect leather from the stables after an event, dyes from the beach, and wood from the shipyard.

There is also a quest in the market that will let you trade items once completed. I have a high Cha and Spirit so I make lots of dye and leather, so I can trade for wood which it low. But the exchange rate is sort of meh, 3 to 1 on the leather to wood I just did, but I'm feeling much better about the situation, now that I see some of the stuff she (the carpenter) can make 3 or 4 lines down.

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
The girls stats are not meant to degrade during time: once a girl reaches a certain score at a skill, she can only improve it. Unless she gets hurt, in that case she may get a tiny loss of a certain skill (usually constitution). Love and Fear are different, they chenage depending on how MC interacts with the girl, plus brothel fear score may increase or decrease girl's fear after every end of the day.

Game slows a little when loading city screen or other similar features; in general when you have a background with a lot of clickable things you may suffer some lag; by pressing SHIFT+G you may change graphic settings by selecting "force opengl", it may solve your problems.

Hint for good work/rest cycle: full/full/rest/half/half/half/rest; be sure to not put the same rest days to all your girls.

work rooms: they are required to allow the girls doing the related job; if you want a girl to work as masseuse, you need the onsen. About the onsen, there's a special event involving an npc which requires to have the onsen in your brothel. Other special events involving your girls may happen sometimes, like you attending a girl performance in the strip club. Last but not least: entertained guests pay more tips. If you have 6 clients but your tavern may serve only 4 of them, you would like to have another work room and a girl working there, so that every client would be served before getting laid with your whores (if you have enough girls for this).

More action points: this is something I personally would change (and proposed to Goldo a while ago). If you wish to have more action points, open the renpy console by pressing SHIFT+o, then write "MC.speed=x" where x is any valye you want to try (25 is a good and balanced value, you may want to raise it later up to 50; I tried 100 and is very, very much)

Every suggest for improvements are welcome, I'll gather them and propose to Goldo what you suggest. Thak you very much!
For MC speed will be nice that each point of skill gives you 2 action point instead of 1. right now max is 10 from stats + 5 from Dark Horse (+5) item(i never get opportunity to buy it) and is near your balance value so no one need to use console code :D .

For free girls you need ~40 action point so you can offer job. that don't include research of "her sexual tastes"(i like to give 4*3 times to see what she likes about sex. but specific thing is more useful to me) and "about something specific"(7 points/3 days). Also with testing i found that girls with yellow name are worth time. Little tip that i found when you ask about specific sex act .

0-5 exp "Honestly, i have no idea what you talking about"
~5-10 exp "I don't know much about that let's discuss something else.."
~10+ exp "That's not my favorite thing, you know. I know it's popular with some people, but .."( best i get is 30 in skill)
For Fetish/Bisexual/Group you get average of those 3.

I like to take girl that have at least "i don't know much .... "
All free girl i take are 500+ gold in value . with proper training on farm in week you can get that on 1000 gold.

And for some reason after girl get star in one job (e.g. Waitress) she refuses to work in another (e.g. Masseuse) hi only work 1 day in week even if i use all discipline option.

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
What does sex lecture do exactly? It seems very vague. I assumed it is supposed to make girls feel better about different sexual acts but they don't seem to change for me.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
And for some reason after girl get star in one job (e.g. Waitress) she refuses to work in another (e.g. Masseuse) hi only work 1 day in week even if i use all discipline option.
That's strange, I start my girls off as waitresses and corrupt them to sex acts, then switch them to whores, and they work just fine. I even took one that and turned her into a stripper first. Do they love you? Are all the sex topics maxed out?

Like service 100% 100%, is the girl interested or fascinated with the sex topic? You can see this by selecting the girl then before interacting with them, hover your mouse over the area that has the sex skills.

What does sex lecture do exactly? It seems very vague. I assumed it is supposed to make girls feel better about different sexual acts but they don't seem to change for me.
Basically, I think talking to them about it warms them up, **but**, just talking to them won't do anything if they don't trust / love or I guess fear you. So concentrate on getting them to love / trust you and drop their fear, or max fear out, and then in-between conversations "soft" train them to slowly accept the next subject you want to train them on.

I also try to max obedience and constitution by training / hypnosis (I play a wizard), but I think the other classes can hypnotize too, just not as well.

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
That is start of training. with that 1st you increase girls Preference about specific sex act. and increase her chance that will train (Sexual Training). When you click on girl on left you see "Sex Skills" if you hover mouse over any of skills you will see now info that tells you what is her preference on Act, her will to train specific act and her will to work (do) specific act. Preferences goes from Refuses to Fascinated.
you use lecture to increase her will to train. So do 2-3 when you see that she is more open to that act then go to Sexual training. After you make few sexual training for service you will unlock sex>anal>fetish>etc. your option in advance training opens other act. (some of options are shared among acts

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
That's strange, I start my girls off as waitresses and corrupt them to sex acts, then switch them to whores, and they work just fine. I even took one that and turned her into a stripper first. Do they love you? Are all the sex topics maxed out?

Like service 100% 100%, is the girl interested or fascinated with the sex topic? You can see this by selecting the girl then before interacting with them, hover your mouse over the area that has the sex skills.

Basically, I think talking to them about it warms them up, **but**, just talking to them won't do anything if they don't trust / love or I guess fear you. So concentrate on getting them to love / trust you and drop their fear, or max fear out, and then in-between conversations "soft" train them to slowly accept the next subject you want to train them on.

I also try to max obedience and constitution by training / hypnosis (I play a wizard), but I think the other classes can hypnotize too, just not as well.
they are( love +10 worship. fear +9 she is like princes. and completely trust me) . she is Waitress 1 all sec service on 1(star) but she refuses to work as Dancer (body 11/50). other 2 girl work just fine both have star on Waitress/Dancer/and All Whore services. I use work as way to train them so i don't need to pay for classes .

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes