Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Metalmania

Aug 10, 2017
If you guys encounter the same error as @God94 (a functions expecting an integer gets a float instead) it means something went wrong during the installation (and I suspect it's the same reason for the other problems too.)
I suggest you to reinstall the game in this way:

1) download the 0.14 version if you don't have the zip file somewhere on your pc
2) put it somewhere new and avoid to put it in 0.13 or older versions
3) drag your girl packs from your older BK folder to the new one
4) start a new game (0.14 is not compatible with older saves)

Someone solved those problems in that way and now can play without crashes or exceptions. If this is not enough then PM me, explaining the problem you found and copy/paste any error messages shown up.

For the game exit during end of the day: if you don't get any error message from renpy then the cause may be something else. Renpy always throws error messages when failing to do something. Try and see if this happens with other renpy games too, or if it's only an issue while playing BK. I suggest Superpowered as a good test, it's a game more demanding than BK for ram and cpu. If other renpy games crash without error messages then the fault is a sudden lack of ram or cpu resources and the game is shut down from the SO. Following the reinstallation procedure may help, plus be sure to close as many programs/apps/anything on your pc while playing BK, it should work fine.

If you see the message saying that customers left unsatisfied because there were no more girls, it's exacly what taler said; there were more clients than working girls, and someone has been left unserviced. Don't worry, in this case you can try to get more girls at work, or reduce brothel advertising; leaving things that way may hurt your reputation a little, but it's not a real deal.

Every girl has hidden preferences for works and sex acts. If a girl keeps refusing to do a certain job, it's better to select another job for her. Once you find out which one she dislikes, be sure that she won't refuse to do the other jobs so often.
i`ve got no older Version from this game.

Knirps

Mar 26, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 61, in script
    python:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 273, in <module>
    for i in range(cust_nb):
TypeError: range() integer end argument expected, got float.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 61, in script
    python:
  File "F:\Mega\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Mega\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 273, in <module>
    for i in range(cust_nb):
  File "F:\Mega\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 871, in revertable_range
    return RevertableList(range(*args))
TypeError: range() integer end argument expected, got float.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.14
Tue Sep 11 00:26:41 2018

I got this code....
I had the same happen to me, when using the cheat to level up the MC. As soon as the last spell was unlocked, this error popped up.
A quick fix I figured out was:
1. Open brothel king\game\BKendday.rpy with a texteditor
2. ctrl+f: for i in range(cust_nb)
3. change to: for i in range(int(cust_nb))
4. save
Only minor drawback to this is that it now shows 10.0 instead of 10 on the screen that was effected by this

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
That is a good code fix, the side effect is just less aesthetic. For everyone, I've attached a modified BKendday.rpy here which fixes this bug, consider it a temporary bugfix until Goldo releases a new one.

Another bug which is under work in progress is the one giving you the KeyError: u'naked' in File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1130, it will be fixed asap.

Reactions: HerrGrimes

MonkOne

Jul 8, 2017
Hi! I created a user friendly cheat mod.

To install download attached "King's Way.zip" file and unzip into /game/Mods and activate King's Way in game mods menu.
My mod still work with new version. You have to start the game once without mod installed then close the game and copy the mod to mods folder to install it.

kenshiro

Aug 11, 2017
My mod still work with new version. You have to start the game once without mod installed then close the game and copy the mod to mods folder to install it.
How do you open the "king's way menu" in game? I tried open "?" > "cheat menu" but couldn't find what I was looking for, is there a command key for it?

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Gotta say this is my favorite brothel game so far. Easily the best. I'm just sad that I played it so early in development when everything is so not complete yet. If it ever gets to 0.5 it'll be amazing.

Edit: I couldn't figure out how to get the whoremonger's license. I just ended up using the cheat menu to advance. Has anyone gotten it workin?

Sep 4, 2017
Hi! I created a user friendly cheat mod.

To install download attached "King's Way.zip" file and unzip into /game/Mods and activate King's Way in game mods menu.
View attachment 101377 View attachment 101379 View attachment 101380 View attachment 101381
Hello, I tried to use your mod, but I got this error:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/BKinit_variables.rpy", line 2460, in script
init python:
File "game/BKinit_variables.rpy", line 2461, in <module>
update_mods()
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2594, in update_mods
renpy.notify(mod.full_name + " has been added.")
Exception: Hide may not run while in init phase.
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "game/BKinit_variables.rpy", line 2460, in script
init python:
File "C:\Users\user user name\Downloads\Brothel_King-0.14\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\users name\Downloads\Brothel_King-0.14\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/BKinit_variables.rpy", line 2461, in <module>
update_mods()
File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 2594, in update_mods
File "C:\Users\user name\Downloads\Brothel_King-0.14\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2849, in notify
hide_screen('notify')
File "C:\Users\user name\Downloads\Brothel_King-0.14\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1189, in hide_screen
renpy.exports.hide(screen.tag, layer=layer)
File "C:\Users\user name\Downloads\Brothel_King-0.14\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 724, in hide
raise Exception("Hide may not run while in init phase.")
Exception: Hide may not run while in init phase."

Do you know how to fix it? Thanks.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Diamonds can be found in the waterfalls, in the king's hold

To get the whoremonger license you need 5000 gold and 4 girl with rank B

See post #413 to learn how to make king's way mod work for 0.14; if still not working contact MonkOne

For the future, please include error messages inside a 'spoiler' tag so that your post won't be too long. Less pages mean easier and faster research for what you need in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Brothel King 0.14 ongoing issues

Here is a list of ongoing issues with 0.14 (feel free to report on new ones):

- This error occurs during a night event (when asking a girl to wear a fancy dress):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- The "always" fixation does not seem to work or override the virgin setting in the BK init file for a girl pack

- H content preferences and volume settings are not saved properly: this bug is related to renpy and may happen for any renpy game.

We're trying to solve those bugs asap, expect some bugfixes coming out soon.

Goldo and I wanna thank you everyone for the help, the appreciation and the love you have shown for this game even at its early stage of development; we're not professional programmers, have not the whole time of the day to dedicate ourselves to such a task, but still we have the will and the passion to bring this game to its final releaseand share it with all of you. Brothel King community has grown since the last year and we hope you will keep following us in this adventure ;-)

Reactions: kkai and Shadowcrow

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
It seriously bothers me how inconsistent the girl's looks are. Some have an icon of one character and a portrait of another. I'd prefer if it was like Jack o Nine Tails with just one image for the girl so I can at least immerse myself in what she looks like.

MonkOne

Jul 8, 2017
Hello, I tried to use your mod, but I got this error:

Do you know how to fix it? Thanks.
Open "game/BKfunctions.rpy" with notepad or something. Find line
and put # before it or just delete the line.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
My problem with the whoremonger's lic is i assumed advancing from the warehouse would let me go to the next level and not just to the docks. This just kills my existing upgrades to my rooms without any real benefit.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
It seriously bothers me how inconsistent the girl's looks are. Some have an icon of one character and a portrait of another. I'd prefer if it was like Jack o Nine Tails with just one image for the girl so I can at least immerse myself in what she looks like.
It's the poor quality of girlpacks. I downloaded a ton of packs from the forum thread but I think that's a mistake. At this point I'd want fewer but higher quality packs. Maybe the community leaders can compile a list of high quality girlpacks that are more complete and feature consistent art.

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
It's the poor quality of girlpacks. I downloaded a ton of packs from the forum thread but I think that's a mistake. At this point I'd want fewer but higher quality packs. Maybe the community leaders can compile a list of high quality girlpacks that are more complete and feature consistent art.
My suggestion for looking for these types of pack would be looking at the size of the download as obviously the bigger downloads are the ones that would have higher quality and higher quantity, adding in photos you've found on your own isn't too difficult either. Also I think most of the packs on the forums have not been updated for a while.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
My suggestion for looking for these types of pack would be looking at the size of the download as obviously the bigger downloads are the ones that would have higher quality and higher quantity, adding in photos you've found on your own isn't too difficult either. Also I think most of the packs on the forums have not been updated for a while.
Higher quantity is correct but I also don't like packs that have drastically different artstyles that make the girl look unrecognizable or too much black and white manga art that looks very out of place. I'd rather exclude those girls than deal with them. Someone should step up and do a curation.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
About girl packs I can say the basic ones are simple, in a scale from 1 to 10 I'd give a 6, or 7 for those with more images. A few users (including myself) have done a lot of girl packs, looking for the best images on the web, adjusting the pics size and tagging them so that the images are shown in the right contest.

It's not good if a girl pack shows a profile image of a char and a portrait of another girl, so please if you find such a situation contact me so that I can fix it.

The girl packs need to be updated a little, 0.14 changed some features and now some pics may be shown at the wrong moment, an example is those using the tag "bisexual" which are shown even in normal sex scenes because the game finds the tag "sex" inside "bisexual" ("bisexual" shall be changed in "bis" for this purpose). Be sure that the girl packs will be updated asap, but considering that there are a lot of them and we're still working on 0.14 bug fixes and features for next releases, it will take a while.

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
The girl packs need to be updated a little, 0.14 changed some features and now some pics may be shown at the wrong moment, an example is those using the tag "bisexual" which are shown even in normal sex scenes because the game finds the tag "sex" inside "bisexual" ("bisexual" shall be changed in "bis" for this purpose).
Regarding the tags and how they work at the moment, is the tag dictionary on the girls page on HHS the most recent one or is there a more up to date one that hasn't been shared by goldo yet?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
For now the one you find on HHS is good; there are some ideas on new possible tags, it's still a work in progress. By the way it's worth mentioning some hints for tags:

- "bisexual" brings BK to read "sex" inside it, so for lesbian scenes it's better to use "bis".

- "naked" is used when the game must choose a naked pic for undressing scenes, so if you tag a sexual scene with "naked" (i.e. "naked anal") that image will be included in the pic choice when she just undresses. This bringed me to use the tag "naked" only with the following ones: profile, portrait, waitress, geisha, dancer, masseuse.

- "cosplay" is another tag which should not be used with any other tag, especially with "profile" and "portrait". The best thing is to tag a couple of pics only with "cosplay" tag, plus a couple with "naked" if the pics permit it. In this way, cosplay pics will be taken for the related intercourse only, not for portrait or else.

- "monster", "beast" and "toy - machine" should be used alone; if you add more tags like "big dick" or "anal" such images will be used during normal sex and you will find the girl raped by tentacles during normal sex with human customers, or violated by a sex machine when she was just using a dildo or vibrator.

This is what I've learned so far about tags, maybe there are more things to be cited in this list, feel free to add more if you found anything else.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes