Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
BUG REPORTS: the bugs related to renpy translation don't depend on BK itself, so we can't do anything about it. Consider that BK is released in English, using roman alphabet, judging by the bugs you found it is not recommended to use the built-in translator of renpy engine.

One more thing: please any post concerning girl packs should be post in the second thread of BK, Girl Packs and Mods, see my signature for direct link.

nashorn95z

Jan 26, 2019
i deleted the game with all girl packs and installet it again with other girl packs. is it possible to use still the same save game?
i tried to fire the old girls in the game but i only get error messages

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
nashorn95z unfortunately no, if you load an old save and interact with a girl who has no longer a girl pack, BK will throw an exception. Best thing is to restart a new game or put the old girl packs once again. If you want you can copy/paste the error log and explain what brings it to show up, I'll try to help you to fix the problem if possible.

Anatolj the weapon merchant shows up after you meet the 4 adventurers when chapter 2 starts; her shp is in the Warehouse Plaza

ZioBen and EPGerhart your erros may be due to the fact that you selected double work for a girl (job + whore) but she hadn't any sexual act selected; unfortunately this version of BK hasn't got a function to forbid this possibility when a girl can't whore yet. Please can you confirm it?

Reactions: Anatolj

Lust Demon

Apr 22, 2018
First error I've gotten. So far, the game has been exceptionally stable. My only technical issue has been that the saves and loading scenes are getting longer, though not yet annoying.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 61, in script
    python:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 274, in <module>
    c = Customer(district.get_rand_pop())
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1115, in __init__
    self.randomize()
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1130, in randomize
    self.wants_sex_act = weighted_choice([(a, customer_base_preference[a]*(1 + 0.5*game.customer_preference_weight[a]) + self.get_effect("change", a + " preference")) for a in all_sex_acts])
KeyError: u'naked'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 61, in script
    python:
  File "E:\Games\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Games\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 274, in <module>
    c = Customer(district.get_rand_pop())
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1115, in __init__
    self.randomize()
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1130, in randomize
    self.wants_sex_act = weighted_choice([(a, customer_base_preference[a]*(1 + 0.5*game.customer_preference_weight[a]) + self.get_effect("change", a + " preference")) for a in all_sex_acts])
KeyError: u'naked'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.14
Thu May 30 02:44:52 2019

Sep 4, 2017
I went to the "Postings" option and saw some tasks that I decided to try. So, I send my girls on a missions, they should be already back, but they aren't. I keep ending the day and waiting, but they aren't coming back.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Lust Demon that error should be fixed with the newest version, I see you are playing an older one (0.14)

TheMadRobot365 what do you see when you hover your mouse on the girl's word "away"? Normally it should say how many days are left before the girl comes back, let me know if that number doesn't change at all or if it goes negative.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
[

TheMadRobot365 what do you see when you hover your mouse on the girl's word "away"? Normally it should say how many days are left before the girl comes back, let me know if that number doesn't change at all or if it goes negative.
I got the same problem with MadRobot, in my case is Boa hancock. I sent her on a quest for three days, but after 2 weeks she hadnt come back, her status was just "away". Funny things is I can still take her item or use item on her, even take her to farm, but when i bring her back to brothel her state was still "away" and i kind of lost her forever(i was so tilted, she was the 8th girl to reach 8 A-ranked girls for me to advance, she was almost lv10 just one more quest, and i maxed all her sex skill XD).So pls fix this ASAP, this problem is kind of sucks for anyone who encounter though.
Btw, i wonder why dont you add the auto-resting system from Ohwe mod though, i think it 'll help a lots, right now i have to figure and change girls's schedule myself everyday which is really annoying to do.

Last edited:

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
I was going to leave here with just my bad artoria events pack but then I got inspired to try something and got it to work. So I'm gonna do at least 2 more Ahri ones and other misc ones in the future.

I dunno maybe it's something about Ahri that makes her seem more energetic when she is fucking someone ;).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Need some help with some plot points "achievement" preferences. For reference I may use the two Ahri scenarios I have planned.

I've said in a prev post I wanted these events to "unlock" as you do BK things. I'm not good enough / want to learn renpy enough to do really intricate things but an events room with some conditionals should be no problem. Before I delve into or ask someone with more experience than me to hep to dig for relevant code/functions I just want to know some what some players might want. I'm gonna be writing in some English pseudo code for these. I don't know if these or any of the relevant functions exist atm but most of them should.

For an anal/fetish/sex etc "reward scene" or general special scene-

What would be one as a player most fulfilling/rewarding/not to tedious way to unlock it. Some ideas/thoughts.

Code:
If girl.charpref(anal) is "fascinated" = True then it would show the scene, otherwise return text "Girl isn't slutty enough in anal yet."
Once a girl reaches interested, very interested, fascinated you could see that specific scene.

Doing a certain training X amount of times.

Code:
If girl.chartrain(anal) > 49 = True it would show the scene....
This would probably require having a counttrain already in each of the training codes or putting one in though...

So you would get to see the scene once you spam a certain training on her.

Title based. At the moment we don't have much if any? use for titles. Like Beginner whore etc.

Code:
If girl.chartitle (Anal Fanatic) = True it would show the scene....
Checks for a specific title the girl has and you can see the scene in the room if they have it.

Rank/Job Score Based.

Code:
If girl.charscore(anal) > 99 = True it would show the scene.....
This levels up a bit fast I believe but you could have it so you need like 100-200 points in anal to unlock a scene.
Bad to have a scene locked by Rank X but having it unlocked too easily is also sort of bad earning wise.

I might be missing one or two ideas and might edit this again.

Things I want to/will for try to do for sure:

Titles based events
- Imagine an Ahri scene where she does a concert and you're actually rewarded for leveling up her as a Dancer and having a mid/high tier dancer title, Rip no dedicated Singer job.

Energy/Job based events - A scene could change or not happen at all if she maybe is tired or is doing a different job. Think Ahri doming a bunch of men if she has a lot of energy or getting gangbanged instead if she was tired/hurt.

Item based events - You need a specific item equiped to do an event. You can maybe use one of those Aphrodesiacs/random books/potions that nobody buys as cost. Another cool thing is to have maybe a cost. Pay your whores 100k bk dollars each time you want to view a scene. But really something like paying 10 diamonds for unlocking a scene. Lore wise her making a fancy dress or spending it on something to seduce you with etc.

And hey how convenient bk has a school uniform class of equips.

To unlock the Academy Ahri scenes you have to have Ahri equipped with a school uniform. It could also be made so the "better the uniform" the more actions she can do.

Also for the Academy Ahri scene would you prefer her to do all her things in a day or have them split up into choices. Either way they'ed be 3-5 liners but both options have their advantages.

Tl.DR Tell me cool/good ways to unlock events in an event room and I'll ask/find out for myself and see if I can make those conditionals work for my future wip Ahri pack and potentially other events/packs to come.
I like that ahri of your works veryyyyy muchhhh, Gimme your girl pack pls :O

Sep 4, 2017
The word "away" next to her level bar shows nothing. The word "away" in her job settings says only "she is away on a class or assignment". I don't see any number anywhere.

Reactions: erenyeager
Jan 8, 2019
Does anyone roughly know who long it takes for a start of game girl or a midgame "fresh" new girl to reach say level 3 which is Whore 3 or Dancer 3 respectively in whoring and/or another job like dancing. Still stalling on starting a fresh 0.15 game and don't wanna push through a new game spamming end days if someone has the answer.

I like that ahri of your works veryyyyy muchhhh, Gimme your girl pack pls :O
I'm gonna make a signature for the packs/event's I do. You can prompt/talk about it/them in Kite's Girl pack thread or pm me if u want.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The autorest system is in-game but requires to be unlocked: keep looking for cimerian scraps, bring them to the scientist girl and when you find a rare one it will start a quest to unlock the system.

If you have a girl not returning back from quest, can fix it in this way:
click to see her items, go back to the girls screen, open renpy console and type the command girl.away = False
she'll be instantly availabe once again but the quest won't be concluded.
This bug never happened before, so it's still under investigation; if anyone can give me more details (like presence of particular mods, items equipped to the girl etc.) it will help a lot.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
The autorest system is in-game but requires to be unlocked: keep looking for cimerian scraps, bring them to the scientist girl and when you find a rare one it will start a quest to unlock the system.

If you have a girl not returning back from quest, can fix it in this way:
click to see her items, go back to the girls screen, open renpy console and type the command girl.away = False
she'll be instantly availabe once again but the quest won't be concluded.
This bug never happened before, so it's still under investigation; if anyone can give me more details (like presence of particular mods, items equipped to the girl etc.) it will help a lot.
I only saw cimerian once for the 1st week of the new gameplay, and never appear again for 6 months already ...
Btw how do you open renpy console, aside from having bug report ?

Does anyone roughly know who long it takes for a start of game girl or a midgame "fresh" new girl to reach say level 3 which is Whore 3 or Dancer 3 respectively in whoring and/or another job like dancing. Still stalling on starting a fresh 0.15 game and don't wanna push through a new game spamming end days if someone has the answer.

I'm gonna make a signature for the packs/event's I do. You can prompt/talk about it/them in Kite's Girl pack thread or pm me if u want.
For middle game new girl to reach lv3 in any job,the fastest way is looking for the job's scroll which is sold in the gift shop and the main shop, it appears randomly though.You need the rankA for lv3 job btw.B-rank girl max job lv is 2 atm, so which you need is to lvl up her from rank B lv5 to a rank A lv10, to do so the fastest way is using quests and classes. Take the "+20% quest result" point from your zodiac, and then send her to quest/class. I think 1 day quest/class should be priority for faster progress. Thats the best way i can think of, not sure how long it will take you though.
Btw I saw your ahri in the link with your signature, thanks :)

where is the saves being put I can't find it and no I'm not talking about the save folder in the game folder
Check your user folder in your C: driver, i think it is in the Save game folder.

Last edited:

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
I am pretty sure that I unlocked thieves guild, but it is locked and it keeps saying that I didn't discovered this location yet.
No way, not gonna happen. Did you lost 1k gold after the event that you met the captain for brothel license? thief guild only unlocked after that when you take a look around at the sewer.

Sep 4, 2017
No way, not gonna happen. Did you lost 1k gold after the event that you met the captain for brothel license? thief guild only unlocked after that when you take a look around at the sewer.
I don't remember. I completed everything that was in this version of game and got into endless mode. I was playing the endless mode, and the thief guild worked, but then, I went there, again and it was locked for some reason. And now, I can't unlock it.

DrkPhoenix

May 12, 2018
I don't remember. I completed everything that was in this version of game and got into endless mode. I was playing the endless mode, and the thief guild worked, but then, I went there, again and it was locked for some reason. And now, I can't unlock it.
Did you side with them? If you didnt then it might be the reason its locked

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
If you let Maya arrest Renza at the end of chapter 1 (after you denounce both the captain and thr lieutenant) there's no more thieves guild

Reactions: HunterSeeker
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes