Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
Yeah... I've got one that refuses a certain act. I sent her to the farm for weeks and all it did was max the skill out; which is pretty useless when they refuse to use said skill. I brought her home and trained her everyday for a few more weeks. Train % went up 2-3 points, but still says "refuses." It's a formula I really want to know because there's not much difference between "can't be done" and "you could sell her off, and have trained another one by now." It MAY be mathematically possible (I'd have to know the code) but it could still be a wash.

Sure, several other ones were a PITA, but I got 'em through. This one... ugh... I hate giving up, but there's no button for "How many times do I have to do this before you get the point?" The chick is already terrified by this point, and half the time, despite the 97% "will train" she refuses that too.

Come to think of it, the amount she refuses is A LOT more than 3%. Something doesn't add up.

Edit: Found a solution. After 6 rounds of hypnosis she finally broke.
Another solution for girls refusing sexual acts: lecture her about that act 2-3 times, then start training her, it will only need a week or so to change her preference from "refuses" to a better one.
I'm having the same problem with one girl, Myulkyu Nora, refuses Service. She had 3 negative hangups that I was able to remove under Service, and she has 1 positive fixation, and her traits are 'Obedient, Deft and Dumb'. Her Service sex skill is at 50/50 but nothing I can do seems to change her refusal. I tried lecturing her 3 days then training 3 days, lecturing her 10 days then training 10 days and a month at the farm, but still she stays at "Refuses 95% 0%". MC is a trader and spent all points in speed, so hypnotizing is not an option. Any suggestions? I normally do not cheat at all but at this point I'd be willing to use a console command to resolve this if that is what it will take. This is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth about this game not being able to find a way to train her fully, spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.

Jan 8, 2019
I'm having the same problem with one girl, Myulkyu Nora, refuses Service. She had 3 negative hangups that I was able to remove under Service, and she has 1 positive fixation, and her traits are 'Obedient, Deft and Dumb'. Her Service sex skill is at 50/50 but nothing I can do seems to change her refusal. I tried lecturing her 3 days then training 3 days, lecturing her 10 days then training 10 days and a month at the farm, but still she stays at "Refuses 95% 0%". MC is a trader and spent all points in speed, so hypnotizing is not an option. Any suggestions? I normally do not cheat at all but at this point I'd be willing to use a console command to resolve this if that is what it will take. This is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth about this game not being able to find a way to train her fully, spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.
Might be punishment/rape time.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Yeah, try and rape her choosing service, let's see if she still refuses to do it :devilish:

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
Yeah, try and rape her choosing service, let's see if she still refuses to do it :devilish:
She's not refusing training, I can train her all I want (She is at 50/50 training for Service). But her status stays at "Refuses 95% 0%", so she will not work doing Service. But I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Edit: MC raped her 5 times and all that did was change her from "Refuses 95% 0%" to "Refuses 90% 0%"

Edit2: adding screenshots just to be clear (this is before raping)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
What do you know about her personality? Btw this is a weird case, never seen anything like that before; I wonder if something interfered with the girl (a mod maybe?)

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
What do you know about her personality? Btw this is a weird case, never seen anything like that before; I wonder if something interfered with the girl (a mod maybe?)
I don't use any mods, so that isn't it.

Is there something I can check to determine her personality?

FWIW, here are her traits:

As I mentioned previously, she had 3 negative 'fixations' (sorry, i forget the word used) in Service that I eventually removed when training her other skills, and I suspect having 3 may have pushed her into the 'permanent refusal' zone even though they are now cleared up. But that is total speculation on my part. I keep her mood at least at 'Happy', usually 'Ecstatic' and she is at +2 Love (Fond), +3 Fear (Eases up around you).

Lust Demon

Apr 22, 2018
I don't use any mods, so that isn't it.

Is there something I can check to determine her personality?

FWIW, here are her traits:

As I mentioned previously, she had 3 negative 'fixations' (sorry, i forget the word used) in Service that I eventually removed when training her other skills, and I suspect having 3 may have pushed her into the 'permanent refusal' zone even though they are now cleared up. But that is total speculation on my part. I keep her mood at least at 'Happy', usually 'Ecstatic' and she is at +2 Love (Fond), +3 Fear (Eases up around you).

No magic notebook thing? Huh... I don't know what gives you that, but I started with it. Likely something in the prologue I've long forgotten. I'm generally a purist on a first playthrough, but I would cheat to get that thing; it's that awesome.

Anyway, I'm a trader too, but I put a whopping one point into spirit because I don't like not being able to "do all the things". There are weapons that you can equip to increase spirit, but IDK if that would help if your char has 0.

In the end, I got mine to like service through hypnotism, but she has the fearful trait and is WAY BEYOND terrified now.

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
No magic notebook thing? Huh... I don't know what gives you that, but I started with it. Likely something in the prologue I've long forgotten. I'm generally a purist on a first playthrough, but I would cheat to get that thing; it's that awesome.

Anyway, I'm a trader too, but I put a whopping one point into spirit because I don't like not being able to "do all the things". There are weapons that you can equip to increase spirit, but IDK if that would help if your char has 0.

In the end, I got mine to like service through hypnotism, but she has the fearful trait and is WAY BEYOND terrified now.
I totally forgot about the notebook. Here's her personality entry:

'She has strong moral views and is repressed about sex' seem to be relevant, but doesn't really help me in figuring out what to do. I'll try getting some points in spirit to see if hypnotism will help at all.

Edit: Got 2 points in spirit and used hypnosis on her and I'm seeing progress VERY slowly. After a month of using hypnosis (training her 2-3 times a day depending on the rolls) and lecturing her at night in my room has moved her from "Refuses 95% 0%" to "Refuses 97% 0%". Now I just have to decide if 2 more months of training is worth it or just sell her. Thanks everyone for all the help, but I really wish it was more transparent what exactly is going on.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
As I suspected her personality affects her refusal for service: you got a girl with strict moral about sex, plus she had 3 negative fixations: in other words, she would never service a man, neither under torture threat... unless "something" makes her change her opinions about it. Go on with hypnosis and you will eventually bend her (in all ways :D ) and when you come out from the refusla zone, her progresses will be faster.

Penagast

May 13, 2018
By far one of the most succesfull heir of Sim brothel. Some bugs though are annoying BOA HANCOCK event, skill point when u reach the end level of a class. In that case u are stuck with 1 or 0 points left, but u can't get rid of it until u reach the next level of the new rank . Some fix could be helpfull regarding the UI. When u got 4 zodiac girls it is impossible to read all the trait, mainly the first ones. Keep up the good work. Great great game.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I agree with you for the UI improvements, especially when the perks list becomes too long for that - my thought about it is that since perks are described in the zodiac list, there's not much need to list them alongside with traits, especially when the list is so long that traits are no more visualized.

Boa Hancock bug - is that about the snake? I thought it was fixed long ago, even asked Goldo about it a few weeks ago and he confirmed it.

The infamous one skill point left - not spendable, or there's no ponts left but still the girls alert for skill up; the help - cheat menu can help us in this case, just subtract one skill point (adding -1) does the trick. Or add more points if you like it :)

Doejhn

Aug 6, 2016
Is there a guide/wiki about this somewhere?

What exactly does negative mood do to the girls?

I'm also getting stuck with a bunch of girls I can't train in certain sex acts due to personalities... I assume? Is there a way to get around this? Been noticing that the more I train other sex skills, the harder is is to train the ones they don't like (i.e. I had one girl that refused to be naked, then after training naked to fascinated and training other skills up I noticed she's now indifferent about naked and I can't get it to go higher at all.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
That's strange, normally once a girl becomes fascinated there shouldn't be anything capable of lowering her preferences, must inform Goldo about it and see if it's something happening to others as well; personally I never got such issue. Do you have by chance any mods installed ?

Doejhn

Aug 6, 2016
That's strange, normally once a girl becomes fascinated there shouldn't be anything capable of lowering her preferences, must inform Goldo about it and see if it's something happening to others as well; personally I never got such issue. Do you have by chance any mods installed ?
Nope, no mods.

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
I'm pretty sure I've had it happen a couple times, but I can't definitively say the girl slipped from top tier or from just below top tier so my corroboration is questionable at this point, I'll keep my eye on things to see if I spot it again.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Penagast i've found your problem: take a look at the error log when it talks about line 308 and confront with it:

if girl.get_stat("libido") < 100:

there's a wrong set of brackets surrounding the string "libido". You can fix it by editing that code line like I showed you, or pick the correct file down here.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Confession perk bug: division by zero - hotfix

download and put in Brothel King/game folder; overwrite existing file. No need to restart a new game.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
Dóes Anyone know how to get all event with Maya, Bast(trader girl), Scarlet(job girl), Willy(monster catcher) and her aunt the fox, and Bank fox girl? I look in the game folder there are many Hscenes and CGs but no clue how to get.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes