Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
If you visit the town very often you'll get a chance to find her.
The same thing just happened to me. How would I find her? Is there a particular district or something where I should look? Do I need to fight the kidnappers to get her back or did she become a free girl and needs to be tricked/wooed?

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
Hello I am brand new to this game just discovered it yesterday. I was wondering is there some setting or something that will show the girl pack rating? Any help is appreciated, thank you for your time.
1. Go to Preferences
2. Game content ( 3rd from top)
3. then you have "Display pack rating on girl profiles" : and you can pick
- Show Girl Pack Rating : OFF
- Show Girl Pack Rating : in slavemarket
- Show Girl Pack Rating : in market and city
- Show Girl Pack Rating : Everywhere

Reactions: Yeller

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
And, to give a very brief summary of what the ratings mean...

The letter part of the grade is the "coverage". Out of all the possible tags and tag combinations, how many of them have at least one pic? Fixations in general only need one pic for this, but farm pics want there to be one for each sex act for each farm style. Holes in coverage do not mean that no pic will be available, but rather that the game will use a ranking of tags to try to figure out a next best pic.

As an example, if the game wants a "dildo" pic, and there is none, it'll then look for another "toy" pic to use instead. If no toy pics exist, it moves up the chain to use a "profile" pic. The profile pics pull extra duty as pics of last resort for most any other missing tag.

The +/- part is "depth". As an average, over all the tags, of how much variety there is for each tag. In this case more variety, more pics for each tag, will mean a better +/- score shown.

Spellsword

Sep 4, 2017
How to find unique girl? and how to know that girl is unique? thanks
Unique girls are randomly in both the Slave Market and throughout the city, with the city locations having a greater chance of unique girls appearing. And unique girls have access to gold-level traits and have the girl's name rather than a randomly generated name.

Reactions: X2

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Hang in there guys, as soon as I complete Tsuyu's girl pack, I'll spend my time making the walkthrough, where I'll put as many info as possible. It will be an elegant google doc with index on top, so if something misses it will be easy to include it.

Last edited:
Reactions: brattlebob and X2

sliderjoe

Sep 27, 2017
I am playing through the game as an evil merchant Shalia worshipper. The Character page says that evil MC's benefit more from fear-based actions. I can't figure out what additional benefits I am getting from fear actions. Does anyone know how an evil character actually benefits from fear?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
For now there's no much difference between good and evil routes, except for a choice of playstyle. For example, hypnotism can be based on negative emotions instead of good ones, so an evil MC can obtain the same results as a good one choosing positive emotions. A few dialogues give different options if MC is evil. I guess difference will be more marked in future, when the main plot goes on; plus we're currently discussing the argument on HHS forum, I'll update you if something comes up from there.

sliderjoe

Sep 27, 2017
hypnotism can be based on negative emotions instead of good ones, so an evil MC can obtain the same results as a good one choosing positive emotions.
Thank you for the reply. I hope they add some real differences in the future. I am finding that playing the game the same way I would play if my MC was good gives much better results. The girls pretty much won't do anything for you if they fear you too much.

Also, I am playing version 15 and I don't think hypnotism is actually working the way you described. I get a -3 modifier to my hypnotism rolls if I use negative emotions and no modifier if I use positive ones. I would expect an evil MC to be the opposite (i.e. MORE effective with negative emotions than with positive ones).

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Thank you for the reply. I hope they add some real differences in the future. I am finding that playing the game the same way I would play if my MC was good gives much better results. The girls pretty much won't do anything for you if they fear you too much.

Also, I am playing version 15 and I don't think hypnotism is actually working the way you described. I get a -3 modifier to my hypnotism rolls if I use negative emotions and no modifier if I use positive ones. I would expect an evil MC to be the opposite (i.e. MORE effective with negative emotions than with positive ones).
by negative emotions, Kite means the girl's emotions- the more they fear you, and the less they love you, the higher that negative multiplier will go

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Hypnotism modifiers are based on which style you choose and consequently which values a girl has in her love/trust: if you choose negative emotions and she's currently trusting/loving MC, her positive values become a malus for hypnotism, the same way as when you choose positive emotions but the girl fears or hates MC. Here's an example:

Hypno style = positive, girl loves/trusts MC -> hypno bonus
Hypno style = positive, girl hates/fears MC -> hypno malus
Hypno style = negative, girl loves/trusts MC -> hypno malus
Hypno style = negative, girl hates/fears MC -> hypno bonus

Bonus/malus amount depens on how much girl loves/trusts or hates/fears MC

D

Deleted member 339205

If I delete pictures from a girl pack, do I have to start a brand new game? I've tried using the "repair girl pictures" option and deleting all the .rpyc files and the game still generates an error message when it tries to find a photo that has been deleted.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Be sure to save your game in the brothel main screen, avoid saving in girls screen, market or city quarters. At that point you can edit your girl packs safely and when you load your save, it shouldn't give any errors. At that point repair girls pictures 2-3 times; also suggest to refresh both slave market and free girls in town. Nothing should go wrong in this way.

D

Deleted member 339205

Be sure to save your game in the brothel main screen, avoid saving in girls screen, market or city quarters. At that point you can edit your girl packs safely and when you load your save, it shouldn't give any errors. At that point repair girls pictures 2-3 times; also suggest to refresh both slave market and free girls in town. Nothing should go wrong in this way.
I have been saving usually in the girls screen and city quarters. This information is very useful. Thank you!

Yeller

Jan 12, 2018
I have another question is there a way I can edit the girl packs so that they are all unique? So that I don't have clones? And just so I know if I make all of them unique will I need a certain number of girls for the game to work properly?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I have another question is there a way I can edit the girl packs so that they are all unique? So that I don't have clones? And just so I know if I make all of them unique will I need a certain number of girls for the game to work properly?
There is a setting in the _BK.ini file in many girl packs. "unique=true/false". Changing this setting to true will do what you want for a given girl.

Note that not all pack creators use _BK.ini files. So you would want a generic file to copy into the packs that do not. And you can then edit the files in the packs that already have ini files.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Moreover, you need to both have a BK.ini file with the False cloning setting in every girl pack AND start a new game: I tried this method with a formerly started game and clones kept coming.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Moreover, you need to both have a BK.ini file with the False cloning setting in every girl pack AND start a new game: I tried this method with a formerly started game and clones kept coming.
Hmm. That should be easily enough fixed. We could ask Goldo to add a refresh of the _BK.ini data to the Repair Girl Pics command. It just seem logical to clean that out as well.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes