Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Latest patch for 0.2 version:
That's for 0.2 only, don't try to use it for older versions!
Kite, I would strongly request that, any time you link in 0.2 stuff, you stress that it is in basically alpha-testing stage. We're still finding lots of crashes and bug in fundamental gameplay. It is still a ways from stable gameplay.

And any time you link it may be the first time someone sees it. I would really hate for someone to download 0.2 thinking it's the latest stable playable version of the game. It's not. It's not really even playable, yet. (That said, I've not yet tested this latest version, but the previous version was unplayable because of bugs. But finding those is why we're testing it.)

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Where is the link for ver0.2 btw ?

The top post of that. Download the linked game, and apply the linked patch. And, as I mention just above, consider this an unstable alpha. A number of us are actively testing it. This is not the version that you want to use if you are actually wanting to play the game. Get that from the top of this thread.

Also, don't post bug reports on 0.2 here, please. Goldo will not see them, as he does not use F95. The thread I linked above on the BK home forum is the place where we are doing the testing and reporting bugs.

Reactions: nobitand9

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
As Leortha said, 0.2 version is not even in a beta phase, consider that a pre-alpha test. So guys keep your previous versions for now, unless you really want to help with bug fixes.

torus8367

Aug 29, 2017
Have the tags on DarkNoob's Jeanne D'arc (FGO), Alter, and Mash Kyrielight been updated yet or no? Also, do the tags need to be updated for me to use them in game? Or will a lot of pictures be missing?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What's wrong with the tags that you need an update? DarkNoob isn't using the shortened cumshot tags (and these aren't required, either), but otherwise I can't see anything amiss. He's even got emotions and libido included.

I think you're operating on some sort of assumption that there's been a massive tag overhaul since 0.14 0.15. That is not the case, and most older packs will also work relatively okay. The biggest changes have been the removal of ass-to-mouth, penis worship and irrumatio, which were never mainstream tags, anyway. Well, and the removal of auto-service from service-related tags, and auto-fetish from bondage and footjobs. But DarkNoob has everything that needs those tagged as such.

Last edited:

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Wow amazing game and i was pleasantly surprised to see you can side with different people and its really nice. Overall this is a great game I just hope it doesn't get abandoned or forever in the making.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Looking forward to the next update. v0.2 sounds like it might be a big enough jump to be worth trying the alpha even if it's buggy, so... Fingers crossed...

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Playing it now. I haven't noticed anything new in the story, but I have noticed a few new bells and whistles, and that it runs much smoother than it used to. Still a great game to play, can't wait until they unlock the next tier of city locations.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Playing it now. I haven't noticed anything new in the story, but I have noticed a few new bells and whistles, and that it runs much smoother than it used to. Still a great game to play, can't wait until they unlock the next tier of city locations.
Same, no crashes so far and haven't noticed any major changes yet but have only just started. I THINK, there is a new achievement system added now. I don't remember getting achievements from previous playthroughs but it's been awhile.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The big new things are achievements and contracts, the latter have their own mini-events. Chapter 2 events, more personalities and difficulty levels are yet to come.

I don't know whether there's all that much difference in performance between 0.2 and the 0.15b 'performance' update. But I don't really play vanilla, so I may be mistaken.

But even if it doesn't crash, be prepared for funny business. Goldo's crappy keyboard reduced income by over 93% in the update before last. :oops:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ok I did run into a bug in v0.2, seems there are some issues with security. I'm just using the basic girl pack linked in the OP along with v0.2 and the patch for it. Girl ran off, I had the guards go look for her.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 328, in script call
    call security(working_girls) from _call_security
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1097, in script
    $ ev_list = get_security_event(ev_type, target_girls)
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1097, in <module>
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1463, in get_security_event
    for girl in hurt_girls:
TypeError: 'Girl' object is not iterable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 328, in script call
    call security(working_girls) from _call_security
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1097, in script
  File "D:\Games\Adult\Brothel_King 0.2 test\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\Adult\Brothel_King 0.2 test\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1097, in <module>
  File "game/BKsecurity.rpy", line 1463, in get_security_event
    for girl in hurt_girls:
TypeError: 'Girl' object is not iterable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Brothel King 0.2
Fri Apr 24 19:04:40 2020

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I suggest using the for bug reports. Goldo doesn't read F95.

Reactions: SenPC

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
v0.2 feels like the balance is a bit off as far as the ability to earn money. I'm finding it MUCH harder to avoid bankruptcy than I did in previous verions. I haven't run into that many bugs so far though. 1 crash and some broken image links is about it but I've only made it as far as the first brothell relocation so far.

It has taken me at least 6 in game months to get that far and I still haven't been able to afford the last few upgrades to the brothell yet. With 6 girls working so far I'm barely breaking even. I'm mostly reliant on selling wood/dye/leather for upgrades and buying girls.

The contracts are an interesting idea but the skill thresholds seem a bit high. So far I have had to decline all of them because I don't have any girls with high enough skills.

That reminds me, it seems like the xp/skill gain has also been nerfed from previous versions. In previous versions I was usually able to easily max out all skills for each girl before she made it to the next rank. In the latest version I have yet to get any girls maxed. I actually like that personally but some others might not.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Only the Mega links. Since 0.2 is in testing now, and the OP has gone AWOL, we're waiting until 0.2 gets done before updating the first post.

See also and .

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Only the Mega links. Since 0.2 is in testing now, and the OP has gone AWOL, we're waiting until 0.2 gets done before updating the first post.

See also and .
From the last time we discussed the OP being out of date... the mods on this board have the ability to edit posts on the board. This means that they can edit the OP comment. At the time the need to update the OP wasn't of critical importance, so I felt it could wait until 0.2 properly released. But if the links themselves are bad, we might want to have it updated sooner. We just need to figure out what exactly we want edited on it, then grab the attention of a board mod to get it done. I would think that the Report button would work for that. So, if we have replacement links for the ones in the OP post, let's lay them out and then seek mod assistance in editing the links there.

Reactions: DougTheC
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes