Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Launch the game, see Sill from Rance serie as my assistant for a Brothel Management game. 10/10
You'll love Bonanza v0.4.2+ then, when I finally get around to releasing it. :cool:

Is there a trick to getting the girl packs to work with newer versions of the game?
Post your directory structure and whether there are any _BK.ini files. I haven't tried real girls either, so it's conceivable some of them have bad .ini's. Otherwise, things should work, unless you have a highly unusual setup or something else that causes Ren'Py to run around like a headless chicken. :D

Do 10% jp gains stack? i.e, the Dancer combo with traits Agile and Brisk? This is 0.15b.
Yes.

If someone knows where in code I could look that up, that would be cool too.
BKfunctions.rpy, get_effect(), especially lines 3184-3191. Also girl.change_jp() and girl.get_jp() in BKgirlclass.rpy.

Reactions: Oboe and SenPC

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is there a mac version?
The game is on the verge of development collapse as is and you want multiplatform support? o_O

Well, you might be able to do it yourself, knowing that 0.2 is built on Ren'Py 7.3.5.606, 0.15b uses Ren'Py 7.0.0.196 and the instructions here. But don't expect Goldo to do multi-platform support any time soon, if ever.

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
Is there a list of personalities and what they do? I have someone who refuses to get naked no matter how much I train them or send them to the farm. It's stuck at refuses for naked and 97% for train.

Personality is "She is very selfish and greedy, ready to crush people if they get in her way. She is agressive (sp), strong-headed and wants others to see things her way. She follows her own code of ethics, frowning upon lewd behavior."

Anything I'm doing wrong?
grep Person *.rpy > PersonalityList.txt

sweet girls are the *itch. Easiest way to avoid is to use free girls and start with "Hey sexy!". The only ones who respond positively will be perverts and masochists and your life will be /much/ easier.

Edit: though in your case it looks like your problem child is more likely not sweet..

View attachment PersonalityList.txt

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Wow, is it necroposting if you only have a single thread? :D

Balltester's girl looks like the 'cold' personality, actually. But 'pervert' and 'superficial' girls are indeed a lot nicer than the others.

Training problems are more likely to be related to phobias and/or the girl's initial sex preferences rather than personality, though.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
For those who want a short resume of the situation: 0.2 version is still a work in progress, but just because it's going to be a major overhaul of the entire game; many changes and improvement will probably be implemented, hopefully solving many current bugs and/or balance issues. There's a very lively discussion on HHS forum about it. Time for 0.2 to come as official may be delayed further because of that, but trust me, it's worth the waiting.

So, we're still on official 0.15b version if you want to try the game for the first time or if you don't want to test 0.2

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i can not back out of this screen, please help
I don't know what you've done to your game, but somehow you've gotten rid of the 'back' button (see image). Misapplied patches or something worse, I suspect.

But anyway, all screens except the 'main' brothel screen take right-clicking as a more convenient alternative to the 'back' button. But I suggest you identify and resolve the reason why you're lacking that button, or there may be worse things up ahead.

Edit: Ah, you're running the long intro. Try setting the girl's job like Sill tells you to do and you'll get the button, right-clicking and more. Don't skip all text the first time you see it, sometimes there are genuinely important gameplay mechanics explained in there.

back_button.png

Last edited:

RunningFurniture

Mar 4, 2019
I don't know what you've done to your game, but somehow you've gotten rid of the 'back' button (see image). Misapplied patches or something worse, I suspect.

But anyway, all screens except the 'main' brothel screen take right-clicking as a more convenient alternative to the 'back' button. But I suggest you identify and resolve the reason why you're lacking that button, or there may be worse things up ahead.

Edit: Ah, you're running the long intro. Try setting the girl's job like Sill tells you to do and you'll get the button, right-clicking and more. Don't skip all text the first time you see it, sometimes there are genuinely important gameplay mechanics explained in there.

View attachment 693398
I JUST PLAYED THE INTRO..... i just got the game

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Do all girl packs require gpack states? If so why do a lot of them not come with any?
None of them require them. This was a system that, IMHO, never was fully implemented. The packstate files use a hash function of some sort to track image files. It then associates the images with names. The idea was that, if the names change, but the image does not, you can just get a new packstate file, instead of downloading the entire pack again, and the game can use the packstate file to figure out the new names and rename the files. The packstate system itself works fine.

The problem is that there was, in theory, also supposed to be developed a way to distribute the packstate files. And this never was developed. I for a while was distributing myself the state files for my packs, but eventually it appeared that noone was even using them, with no central distribution system, so I stopped bothering. And when I started slowly converting all my packs to WEBP format, I invalidated all the old packstate files, and did not bother generating new ones.

Reactions: Trapquest

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Can you actually catch girls? Or do you need to convince them to be your slaves? Kinda defeats the point of slavery.
No, unless you use a very fiddly combination of mods.

The 'talk free girls into slavery' thing is you doing what a pimp does best, manipulating girls. It's shady, but not illegal per se.
I think it's more properly 'talk free girls into working at a brothel (jobs or whoring).'

And I've nearly completed the 30-step process for doing that, for a girl that popped up on streets but not at slave market. Wish me luck!

Trapquest

Feb 26, 2018
Changing girls minds about particular sex acts is very annoying. Just the talking to them about it, seemingly no matter what circumstances, makes them hate it even more. Using magic training does the same thing even when I succeed with a build not built for magic, and training of other kinds also makes it worse?

What am I actually supposed to do? It seems like the only way to get them to accept a sexual act enough to work on negative fixations is to rush a trait in The Slut tree, which I don't want to have to do every time this problem comes up, which is often. Is there an easier way that I'm just missing here?

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Changing girls minds about particular sex acts is very annoying. Just the talking to them about it, seemingly no matter what circumstances, makes them hate it even more. Using magic training does the same thing even when I succeed with a build not built for magic, and training of other kinds also makes it worse?
My theory is that the girl needs to care for you before she takes your talks positively.
In Training, talking about Nude to a recently-acquired slave whose tip to the left of "Girl Interactions" is "She thinks you're alright,"
gave result of Mood +, Naked preference +
I got to her favorable view by being fair and giving occasional compliments. Not too many gifts which can lead to spoiling.

A slow process, but laying the groundwork is important. Incremental, from less-intensive sex acts, could work.

Reactions: Trapquest

Trapquest

Feb 26, 2018
My theory is that the girl needs to care for you before she takes your talks positively.
In Training, talking about Nude to a recently-acquired slave whose tip to the left of "Girl Interactions" is "She thinks you're alright,"
This has been helpful, although for me unless it affection is at "Is fond of you" or higher talking is completely useless. It just never occurred to me that the love system is practically integral to certain parts of training. Regardless, it's easy enough to set things up to improve, and getting girls to love you also helps lower upkeep so, all in all not a bad policy to go by anyways.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You 0.15b and 0.2 folks have it easy. Ask some Bonanza players about girls with triple nudity phobias or Ice Queens sometime.:p

I think it's more properly 'talk free girls into working at a brothel (jobs or whoring).'
Depends on the girl. But most of the storylines are basically you conning them into accepting a slave brand, even if you're not allowed to sell them. :D A couple are just complete basket cases, e.g. 'sweet' and 'masochist'.

And I've nearly completed the 30-step process for doing that, for a girl that popped up on streets but not at slave market.
Are you playing with the community dialogues for the free girls? If so, how are they holding up? There were some new wrenches thrown into the wooing process, as I recall.

Are you sure you're playing vanilla? This sounds eerily similar to Bonanza players bellyaching about not being able to immediately improve everything with a newbie pimp. :D In my experience, vanilla is much more lenient.

I suspect you've picked up a phobia-laden girl with close to no libido/obedience who hates or fears you (or both :) ), and are now generalising from that experience. Also, just chatting (as opposed to lecturing) doesn't touch a girl's preferences.

Magic ability or charm for lecturing/training are just one factor. They multiply your success, but if the girl seriously hates an act and has low libido/obedience/love&fear, you're always going to regress with her.

What am I actually supposed to do? It seems like the only way to get them to accept a sexual act enough to work on negative fixations is to rush a trait in The Slut tree, which I don't want to have to do every time this problem comes up, which is often. Is there an easier way that I'm just missing here?
Slut is the easy path to success, yeah. Plus, if you don't want hard-to-train girls, be a little more selective when picking up girls.:p

And DougTheC is right. As general advice for improving a girl's sexual preferences, raise her libido, obedience and love, lower her fear, and remove phobias anytime you can. In Bonanza, you pretty much have to do all of the above to stand a chance. Vanilla, you just need to do something.

You can also try to just skip acts she has phobias about, and come back later when she's built up her libido etc. Although that's not always guaranteed to work.

Also, Goldie's been promoted to (preference) trainer in 0.2, and Farah always was.

Trapquest

Feb 26, 2018
No I'm using vanilla. I've gotten passed the block, I just had no clear indication that I was making progress beyond stats that I thought at the time weren't related going up. I do feel like it isn't quite as quick-going as you make it out though I think, unless fear was really causing a problem with stat gains and it was simply because I didn't prioritize that and was only getting happiness and love increases.

I should also mention, when I say talk I mean specifically the option called "talk" under sexual training, which is the lecturing you're talking about. But yeah, I know it can be a bit weird when somebody is new to a management game like this that's been in development for a couple of years now judging by the dates in the first post.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes