Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
And for when 0.2 releases eventually I'm figuring we'll want to totally revamp the OP post. But for now we could just make sure that the links in it are current.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
whats a good setup of rests in the calendar
I always put the girls on alternating full and half days with no days off, and stagger their half days to spread them out between them all. That way staffing at the brothel is pretty consistent. Sunday is the half day everyone shares, just out of my own cultural bias and habits. So long as they get four half-days off (equaling two full days off, but broken up), they seem to be content. If they're refusing to work, it's more likely an obedience issue than a fatigue issue.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
My standard configuration is full/half/half/rest/full/full/rest, until girls resistance is high enough to need no more rest at all, at that point it becomes full/half/half/half/full/full/half.

Try to distribute girls rests so that only a few of them is not working on each day though

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
My standard configuration is full/half/half/rest/full/full/rest, until girls resistance is high enough to need no more rest at all, at that point it becomes full/half/half/half/full/full/half.

Try to distribute girls rests so that only a few of them is not working on each day though
Curious what the resistance stat is you're referring to? I had assumed that what mattered was the energy requirement that you can reduce with brothell upgrades. I use a similar rotation to your first one since any less rest than that and the girls are constantly demanding days off/refusing to work anyway.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I use the second configuration when girls have high constitution: usually on rank B with a few resting times when required, and from rank A I'd rather need any rest at all

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Here's the latest patch for 0.2 test version:

Once again, 0.2 is still under bugfix phase, so please stay with 0.15b until 0.2 is officially released.

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
Will trainer be ported to 0.2?

I'm finding that personal mods to trainer 5.1 are a huge help in playing this game. Just my 0.02.

Oboe.

Reactions: SenPC

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
Custom code you can add to trainer 5.1.. I like the idea of being able to boost a stat by a percentage, so I can
see the effects of sex training on core stats..

Code:
    def gStatPct(girl, stat, pct=0.90):
        cur = girl.get_stat(stat)
        gmin, gmax = girl.get_stat_minmax(stat)
        gtop = int(pct*gmax)
        gadd = gtop - cur
        girl.upgrade_points += gadd
        girl.upgrade_stat(stat, gadd)
        del gmax, gmin, cur, gadd, gtop

def gStatThreeNinety(girl):
        gstats = [u'Libido',u'Constitution',u'Obedience']
        for stat in gstats:
            gStatPct(girl, stat, 0.90)
        del gstats

and on the girl menu (single) I add:

"Max Three Stats to 90 percent":
                        $ gStatThreeNinety(girl)
I also liked the idea of being able to set up custom sets of items, or multiple items, so the adds to trainer 5.1 might
look something like this:

Code:
    def gAddItem(name='Ale'):
        for it in all_items + extractor_items.values():
            if name in it.name:
                MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(it))

def gAddNItem(name='Ale', n = 3):
        for it in all_items + extractor_items.values():
            if name in it.name:
                for j in range(0,n):
                    MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(it))

and then later in the code, in MC cheats, I've been trying these combos out..

Probably the most useful in my normal use case is the '5 Daggers' command.

"MC magical item set":
                $ gAddItem('Angel staff')
                $ gAddItem('Holy handgrenade')
                $ gAddItem('Rare medicine bag')
                $ gAddItem('Wyvern egg')
                $ gAddNItem('Fine wine', 2)
                $ gAddNItem('Fine tonic', 2)

"MC support set":
                $ gAddNItem('Rare medicine bag',2)
                $ gAddNItem('Fine wine', 2)
                $ gAddNItem('Fine tonic', 2)
                $ gAddNItem('Magical gold bag', 2)

"Add girl basic item set":
                $ gAddItem('Dagger')
                $ gAddItem('Tanning oil')
                $ gAddItem('Massage oil')
                $ gAddItem('Ale')
                $ gAddItem('Tasty roastbeef')

"Add girl endgame item set - blue":
                $ gAddItem('Dagger')
                $ gAddItem('Legendary blue slave')
                $ gAddItem('Gold amu')
                $ gAddItem('Legendary sexy')
                $ gAddItem('Legendary bronze')

"Add girl endgame item set - black":
                $ gAddItem('Dagger')
                $ gAddItem('Legendary black slave')
                $ gAddItem('Gold amu')
                $ gAddItem('Legendary thong')
                $ gAddItem('Legendary wooden')

"5 Daggers":
                $ gAddNItem('Dagger', 5)

"5 Wines":
                $ gAddNItem('Fine Wine', 5)
Feel free to add, amend, etc. Got most of these poking around in code.

Oboe.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Anyone willng to improve my trainer feel free to do any changes :) especially now that 0.2 is coming, there will be things in need to be adjusted for sure and don't know if I will manage to update the trainer for the next version

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Is there a trick to getting the girl packs to work with newer versions of the game? I tried some of the "real girl" girl packs and the game does load but there are zero girls available to recruit, including the ones that were working before. Do they all need ini files or something? It looked like some of the girl packs I tried only have pics. The basic girl pack seems to work fine with both v0.15b and v0.2 but some of the others don't. The basic one fails as well if I add some of the other girl packs in addition to it.

xanon515x

Mar 16, 2019
Is there a trick to getting the girl packs to work with newer versions of the game? I tried some of the "real girl" girl packs and the game does load but there are zero girls available to recruit, including the ones that were working before. Do they all need ini files or something? It looked like some of the girl packs I tried only have pics. The basic girl pack seems to work fine with both v0.15b and v0.2 but some of the others don't. The basic one fails as well if I add some of the other girl packs in addition to it.
Version 0.2 is in alpha stage and its not recomended for use unless you are going to be bug hunting to help the dev (and posting the crash info on the HHS forum). As far as version 0.15b goes i have yet to find a pack that doesnt work for me, but then again never used a real girl pack with the game at all so obviously haven't tried them all

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
Do 10% jp gains stack? i.e, the Dancer combo with traits Agile and Brisk? This is 0.15b.

If someone knows where in code I could look that up, that would be cool too.

Oboe.

zotzman

Jan 13, 2018
post your error message that will help to debug

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes