RPGM Bryn's Adventure [v0.92] [Bryn]

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

unbindedlore

Aug 7, 2022
Seems like:
- Supermarket 1 is still broken: no way to get to the other side of the supermarket). I feel like this may have to do with being able to unlock Supermarket 2 before Supermarket 1? Idk if there's a trigger that spawns the NPCs that blocks the way caused by Supermarket 2 being unlocked just guessing. (see comment about cheat menu so we don't have to replay the game to unlock missions again due to broken features).

- Train 2 is still broken: after talking to the NPC and going through the entire dialogue, you're stuck but all the other NPCs except the smoker are moving

- Parking garage 1 quest does not mark as finished (in inventory at least)

- Train 1 made my screen shake uncontrollably but was fixed after saving and reloading the game

More feedback:
- Stamina is way better now. I still think the depleted stamina sound should be removed or at least replaced by something else that isn't ear piercing. Maybe some panting to indicate depleted stamina (like panting until stamina regen)? The music in this game isn't really the best and I've turned it off in the settings. Still sucks that depleted stamina music still plays. Also, really wish the stamina bar would be perma on the screen but maybe that's just me.

- Still would suggest a cheat mode like a menu in the house where you could unlock missions, play CG, etc. This would be super helpful. The teleport feature is already super helpful so I feel like adding more cheat features would just let players experience the CG more. When the game breaks, we can just make a new save and unlock the missions we want which would be huge.

- The CG of course is subpar to actual drawn ones but that's the price we pay for faster production times. The most important thing I think you should prioritise is for sure the fingers but I don't really mind the CG atm considering how fast you're able to push updates out.

- The game definitely needs some smoothing out. As there are tons of bugs and it seems like the framerate drops randomly when entering a mission (especially School 2 for some reason). Note: I have a fairly decent modern PC that would be considered pretty good around like 2020 so it shouldn't run terribly. It runs pretty well on other RPGMaker games.

Some ideas for missions:
- A daytime mission where you sneakily flash in class. Possible for school 3 or a later addition to the questline.

- A mission idea I think would be nice to explore is to have a mission where you take nude pictures in the homeroom at night and attach the photos to the board but have scribbled out the face or even just the eyes and then the next scene transitions to in the morning where people crowd the board (very common idea that succeeds in these types of stories).

Last edited:

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
Seems like:
- Supermarket 1 is still broken: no way to get to the other side of the supermarket). I feel like this may have to do with being able to unlock Supermarket 2 before Supermarket 1? Idk if there's a trigger that spawns the NPCs that blocks the way caused by Supermarket 2 being unlocked just guessing. (see comment about cheat menu so we don't have to replay the game to unlock missions again due to broken features).

- Train 2 is still broken: after talking to the NPC and going through the entire dialogue, you're stuck but all the other NPCs except the smoker are moving

- Parking garage 1 quest does not mark as finished (in inventory at least)

- Train 1 made my screen shake uncontrollably but was fixed after saving and reloading the game

More feedback:
- Stamina is way better now. I still think the depleted stamina sound should be removed or at least replaced by something else that isn't ear piercing. Maybe some panting to indicate depleted stamina (like panting until stamina regen)? The music in this game isn't really the best and I've turned it off in the settings. Still sucks that depleted stamina music still plays. Also, really wish the stamina bar would be perma on the screen but maybe that's just me.

- Still would suggest a cheat mode like a menu in the house where you could unlock missions, play CG, etc. This would be super helpful. The teleport feature is already super helpful so I feel like adding more cheat features would just let players experience the CG more. When the game breaks, we can just make a new save and unlock the missions we want which would be huge.

- The CG of course is subpar to actual drawn ones but that's the price we pay for faster production times. The most important thing I think you should prioritise is for sure the fingers but I don't really mind the CG atm considering how fast you're able to push updates out.

- The game definitely needs some smoothing out. As there are tons of bugs and it seems like the framerate drops randomly when entering a mission (especially School 2 for some reason). Note: I have a fairly decent modern PC that would be considered pretty good around like 2020 so it shouldn't run terribly. It runs pretty well on other RPGMaker games.

Some ideas for missions:
- A daytime mission where you sneakily flash in class. Possible for school 3 or a later addition to the questline.

- A mission idea I think would be nice to explore is to have a mission where you take nude pictures in the homeroom at night and attach the photos to the board but have scribbled out the face or even just the eyes and then the next scene transitions to in the morning where people crowd the board (very common idea that succeeds in these types of stories).
Those are fair points, thank you for your feedback.
I'll look at those issues and see if I can recreate them later this week.
One question I have is which version have you played/downloaded? As updated the Mega mirror last night to solve a lot of those bugs, as I did play them through to make sure they were working beforehand (supermarket ones anyway). (I think the other mirrors aren't updated yet as I have to request them to be with V0.2). Have you by any chance downloaded V0.2? From any other mirror besides Mega?

I'll have another re-jig at stamina notifications.

I'll think about a cheat mode, but for now foundation's of a base game is what I'm aiming for with some playability for the moment.

The frame rate/performance drop will be from an old event I have put in place which runs in parallel with gameplay, this for some reason causes some loop that stutters the game and this happens to any PC regardless of spec. I'll look into that and get that fixed, it used to happen on the Home District area which wound me up and after some digging I figured out a fix, so I'll get that sorted.

A recollection room will be in the works as soon as the base game is in place, and that will be through the use of the computer.

Keep the mission idea's coming ^_^, I am taking note and have a pool of 30+ missions and will pick a final set that will go into the final version of the game.

Thank you
-B

Reactions: Leo_00

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
Over 300+ downloads worldwide

Wow, never thought that would be the case! Thank you so much to everyone giving it ago and to those who have spent the time to deliver feedback and bugs. Never thought that this would gain any traction at all considering some aspects of the game's style/art/mechanics.

So truly, thank you so much everyone from your continued support. Super happy about it all!

I have been fiddling with the walker NPC's making them slower to a walk, then running to catch Bryn and lowering the chase rate to 5. I have been tweaking the jogger NPC's to have a similar starting speed path to chasing and lowered the chase speed so they don't just insta-catch you. This seems to be working fine.
My plan now would be to get all of the NPC's remade and have some predictable pathing (But not all of them), and have them at a balanced speed-chase-to escape ratio.
I really want to get another type of Walker/Jogger interaction CG, I already have one created and sequenced which I'll aim to introduce also.

Working on a map location system which will be future proof for adding any missions to it with ease for any future releases, hopefully having this built into the Computer at Bryn's house. This will help save time and make it more user friendly to seeing visually where the missions are either collected, carried out, or completed. It'll look a little bit like this for the moment.

MapMockidea.png
So that above, and those bugs mentioned, I will work on those for the meantime.

Again, thank you so much for your interest and support.
-B

Beratroll

Dec 22, 2018
F5 is restarting game, but it will not help with anything just easier to load game again.
Sadly we can`t see School 2 ending ;(
I tried to change a few things in the file map020.json in \Bryn\www\data
Try to find this : ["I know, this will be great."]},
Remove everything after that until {"code":101,"indent":0,"parameters":["Bryn1",4,0,2]}
It should be : "parameters":["I know, this will be great."]},{"code":101,"indent":0,"parameters":["Bryn1",4,0,2]},{"code":401,"indent":0,"parameters":["I'll place my phone here

For me it works at least

Reactions: poporibush

poporibush

Apr 19, 2023
Remove everything after that until {"code":101,"indent":0,"parameters":["Bryn1",4,0,2]}
It should be : "parameters":["I know, this will be great."]},{"code":101,"indent":0,"parameters":["Bryn1",4,0,2]},{"code":401,"indent":0,"parameters":["I'll place my phone here

For me it works at least
Awesome, worked for me too :).

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Over 300+ downloads worldwide

Wow, never thought that would be the case! Thank you so much to everyone giving it ago and to those who have spent the time to deliver feedback and bugs. Never thought that this would gain any traction at all considering some aspects of the game's style/art/mechanics.

So truly, thank you so much everyone from your continued support. Super happy about it all!

I have been fiddling with the walker NPC's making them slower to a walk, then running to catch Bryn and lowering the chase rate to 5. I have been tweaking the jogger NPC's to have a similar starting speed path to chasing and lowered the chase speed so they don't just insta-catch you. This seems to be working fine.
My plan now would be to get all of the NPC's remade and have some predictable pathing (But not all of them), and have them at a balanced speed-chase-to escape ratio.
I really want to get another type of Walker/Jogger interaction CG, I already have one created and sequenced which I'll aim to introduce also.

Working on a map location system which will be future proof for adding any missions to it with ease for any future releases, hopefully having this built into the Computer at Bryn's house. This will help save time and make it more user friendly to seeing visually where the missions are either collected, carried out, or completed. It'll look a little bit like this for the moment.

View attachment 3170205
So that above, and those bugs mentioned, I will work on those for the meantime.

Again, thank you so much for your interest and support.
-B
In all fairness, it's better to have that built into her phone, so she can check where she is and how to reach her objective while being outside. Having it be in her computer means she can only check it before starting the night, and all you'd need to add is a blinking icon indicating her current location.

Outside is where you'd need a map the most, so it should be available while Bryn is outside.

If indicating her current location isn't available, then make street map icons available that allow Bryn to view the map when interacting with them. I know i tend to seek out a bus stop when i'm trying to find a particular address for the first time because they have street maps of the surrounding area, so it wouldn't even be that out of place.

unbindedlore

Aug 7, 2022
Those are fair points, thank you for your feedback.
I'll look at those issues and see if I can recreate them later this week.
One question I have is which version have you played/downloaded? As updated the Mega mirror last night to solve a lot of those bugs, as I did play them through to make sure they were working beforehand (supermarket ones anyway). (I think the other mirrors aren't updated yet as I have to request them to be with V0.2). Have you by any chance downloaded V0.2? From any other mirror besides Mega?

I'll have another re-jig at stamina notifications.

I'll think about a cheat mode, but for now foundation's of a base game is what I'm aiming for with some playability for the moment.

The frame rate/performance drop will be from an old event I have put in place which runs in parallel with gameplay, this for some reason causes some loop that stutters the game and this happens to any PC regardless of spec. I'll look into that and get that fixed, it used to happen on the Home District area which wound me up and after some digging I figured out a fix, so I'll get that sorted.

A recollection room will be in the works as soon as the base game is in place, and that will be through the use of the computer.

Keep the mission idea's coming ^_^, I am taking note and have a pool of 30+ missions and will pick a final set that will go into the final version of the game.

Thank you
-B
I always download from Mega when available. The NPCs that you interact with during Supermarket 2 to get them to move out of the way block the way for Supermarket 1 with no way of interacting. That’s why I assumed it had something to do with unlocking both missions.

supernova3546

Mar 19, 2022
Thanks for the feedback!
Genuinely that is a good amount, so thank you for that.

I'll work on something for stealth, and potentially replace the running stamina bar with that instead.
I'll have a look at the Parking Garage as initially I thought about that as a stealth mission, but I could not get the stealth/crawl to work correctly and opted for running/speed. Those joggers are a bit of a nightmare at the moment and that may mean a reduction of chase speed, unless I can work on the stealth side better.
I'll make it clearer with the places to go and have that the same throughout.
Hi i love the game so far but i cant save , like it dosent give me the option when i hit escape, any solutions?

Leo_00

Feb 20, 2021

For me it works at least
works for me too

MagooMagoo

Sep 16, 2018
Love the character looks and the game idea so please keep at it :)

For me it is a bit too buggy / early version to play any more atm but from the 30m or so I spent;

1. Stamina runs out too quickly. I spend almost all the time moving at slo-mo speed and it doesn't feel like there is much of a risk/reward to slow vs fast just that I am having to move slow.
  2. I accidentally used the school fence from the "wrong" side and got hopped on to a roof and locked there then caught by a night guy.
  3. I wandered into the mall from top side at night looking for multi storey car park for 1st task and then there seemed to be no way to get back out of the mall at all...

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
In all fairness, it's better to have that built into her phone, so she can check where she is and how to reach her objective while being outside. Having it be in her computer means she can only check it before starting the night, and all you'd need to add is a blinking icon indicating her current location.

Outside is where you'd need a map the most, so it should be available while Bryn is outside.

If indicating her current location isn't available, then make street map icons available that allow Bryn to view the map when interacting with them. I know i tend to seek out a bus stop when i'm trying to find a particular address for the first time because they have street maps of the surrounding area, so it wouldn't even be that out of place.
You know, that's a really fair point and it makes sense. I'll make it accessible from mobile phone and have some interaction with that in the inventory/key items, I'll use some of the Computer functions, like Stats and such accessible through a menu on her mobile phone.
I'll still keep GPS trade in points separate out of the mobile phone interface as I like the 'locational positioning' of having to find a place to trade them in for missions.

I always download from Mega when available. The NPCs that you interact with during Supermarket 2 to get them to move out of the way block the way for Supermarket 1 with no way of interacting. That’s why I assumed it had something to do with unlocking both missions.
Okay, let me run through this again on my end and I'll have a look at either doing a fix, or rebuilding the mission location within the supermarket (As in the opposite to avoid conflict of any NPCs getting in the way). The mission order should be Supermarket 1 first, then that should unlock Supermarket 2.

Hi i love the game so far but i cant save , like it dosent give me the option when i hit escape, any solutions?
Saving was going to be a rarity in the game from other games that inspired me to make this one. For the meantime you can save at either the Computer in Bryn's room, or if you talk to the Sheep in Bryn's apartment that will give you a 'Save Sphere' which was what I used for some testing to save the game anywhere you'd like. This is accessible in the ESC>Items sub menu.

It's a busy few days coming up for me, hopefully I'll get a look into these over the weekend. I have built a mapping system which visually shows where missions are picked up, and also carried out in what area with the colour tag of day or night. So that will be featured into a new build of some sort of mobile phone. Brilliant idea from Penitensary

At least Bryn's Adventure is heading in the right direction :3
Thank you,
-B

Reactions: BigMoisty

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
Personally I like more realistic kinda plots like this instead of some demon possessing a girl and doing stuff.
Luckily we do good ole fashioned blackmail here, to a naive, young (But 18+) girl. - And a little phone app privacy breaching interference.

;)
-B

Reactions: BigMoisty

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
An update into V0.3, to keep you in the loop of how things are going. Please remember the below is not out yet in a public version of the Tech demo, this is all that I have been working on behind the scenes.

Made a working map system accessible by the computer and will implement this in the idea of using Bryn's mobile phone on the go (which is something I will need to create and allow functions to work from the use of her mobile phone). The map system gives off two options, where to pick up missions, and where to start them and at day or night.
(See image attached for map system)
I will build a recollection system which so far I have plans to be accessible through the item menu, it will be a function of the [Completed] mission item where it will be usable to see graphics of the mission. But I think I will only build this when it comes to a 1.0 Release, there's other things I need to address before this.

Stamina
I've removed the SFX of the stamina depleting to 0% entirely, just left the sweat bubble in it's place above Bryn.
Also increased Stamina regeneration rate by half, so the cooldown that took a while to start replenishing Stamina has been halved.

Fixed the Supermarket 2 Mission
Made it so that the Supermarket 2 mission could not be obtained if Supermarket 1 had not been completed, that was something I missed out entirely. This meant that if you started SuperM2, before doing SuperM1, the NPCs would just block event pathing and ruin the events.

School 2
Bryn stuck on chair movement. Has been fixed, it has been interesting to see you guys work around it. This has been fixed properly in the next 0.3V update anyway.
Laggy School 2 area, presumably this is in the homeroom at the top floor, found an event which runs continuously alongside the map, this was an old one I made. Fixed it, replaced it with the reworked edition and this should* hopefully stop that space from laggy frame rate.

Parking Garage 1
Now gives item for completion.

General encounters with the Walkers or Joggers
Whilst the speed and chase distance has been balanced a bit better, more animations are in the works. Blowjob and Titjob, the GFX is almost ready for that to be sequenced and these will have different effects on sexual stamina. Blowjob and Titjob will only take 1 Heart off Bryn, there as the original full Sex will remove 2 still. These will all be set to a random chance of happening through most* encounters.

NPC pathing
On it, working on it.

Keyboard Remapping
Plug in to remap your entire keyboard through the in game options, 'Noice'.

Thank you to those searching out for bugs and feedback as always.
Thank you to those who have joined my Patreon! You are awesome!
-B

MapUpdateWorking.png Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 16.43.10.png CoreMechDone.png

Last edited:

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
The art and the animations are typical for AI... not outright garbage but it just feels wrong. Also it's bugged af. Just click naked at the very start of the game when you are supposed to put on underwear and you are soft locked out of the game.

BigMoisty

Jul 10, 2022
Some bugs i'v encountered still so far is that when you enter the school and then exit at night sometimes it becomes day, and when an NPC towards the exit area for night time to exit the school, it disappeared as well.

And one of the walls at the long stretch of houses with a jogger could still be glitched through although it does not lead to anywhere.

But overall still really looking forward to more developments to this game so far, although I would definitely like to suggest additional H-events where bryn gets fucked more and molested/groped more. So that it isn't just the NPCs at night chasing you with the same scene.

Some additional events/mission could have a lead up as well to where some guys find bryn as she is doing her mission and she gets molested and raped by them.

Just some suggestions that i wanted to say, but i still am really enjoying the game and will actively keep up and playwhenevr theres more updates!

Screenshot 2023-12-13 191754.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: BrynsAdventureGame

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
The art and the animations are typical for AI... not outright garbage but it just feels wrong. Also it's bugged af. Just click naked at the very start of the game when you are supposed to put on underwear and you are soft locked out of the game.
The truth is AI artwork is odd, I want to be transparent about that, but can still output content at a quicker rate which has been beneficial for development. I know there's a need to tweak some of the graphics, but for the moment I want to focus on core mechanics so far. I want to polish off the graphics, but this won't be done for a much later date.
Thank you for pointing this out, "Stuck naked at start of the game" it has been addressed in an earlier post and fixed due to be released in V0.3

Some bugs i'v encountered still so far is that when you enter the school and then exit at night sometimes it becomes day, and when an NPC towards the exit area for night time to exit the school, it disappeared as well.

And one of the walls at the long stretch of houses with a jogger could still be glitched through although it does not lead to anywhere.

But overall still really looking forward to more developments to this game so far, although I would definitely like to suggest additional H-events where bryn gets fucked more and molested/groped more. So that it isn't just the NPCs at night chasing you with the same scene.

Some additional events/mission could have a lead up as well to where some guys find bryn as she is doing her mission and she gets molested and raped by them.

Just some suggestions that i wanted to say, but i still am really enjoying the game and will actively keep up and playwhenevr theres more updates!

View attachment 3178863
Thank you for reminding of that broken part of the wall, I'll get on that and stop that from happening for V0.3. That NPC is a test npc I used to work on some things, mostly for switching day and night. I knew I had forgotten one ^_^.

There has been some more H-events in prep and are generated, mentioned in a running update earlier in the thread, they will be programming in V0.3.

I'm glad you're enjoying it though, thank you for your suggestions there, might add a groping event later into the release.
-B

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes