RPGM Bryn's Adventure [v0.92] [Bryn]

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
Please find the next patch notes for the Tech demo V0.3 below.

V0.3 Tech Demo Patch notes as of 17-12

Mission and bug fixes

Supermarket 1 and Supermarket 2 missions have been put in correct order, you should no longer be able to start Supermarket 2, without completing Supermarket 1 first. This caused an issue where players could start both and it would interrupt completion.

School 2 chair bug has been fixed, made the chair passable for the event of taking selfies to continue.

Parking Garage 1 now gives completion item.

Train 1 Picture now disappears at the end.

Train 2 Train spotter should move and the event will play out.

Mission completion window increased to 21 days instead of 14, this should help players feel less rushed in completing 10 missions, with how tricky some of the NPCs could be.

Removed the GPS message appearing when you move into specific Districts, this was just in place to test the GPS tags actually shifting locations correctly.

Major updates

Stamina has been rebalanced, double the sprint time, and halved the time for it to start regeneration. Removed the SFX completely for Stamina 0% and 99%, a balloon icon shows above the character only now.

Crawling

Crawling has been added, this should add a bit more stealth with Bryn moving slower when she crawls, but also putting the walkers and joggers off from chasing you. This also shortens their chase rate to 2 squares instead of 5 when normally running. I still need to work on a moving animation to appear for this on the bottom right, so for now it will just appear as Bryn running. This is temperamental and activates when you quickly press the 'Page Up' button to whatever you have that bound to, don't hold it down.

NPC over hall

Walkers and Joggers have been sequenced better to be smoother in their movement. Some have been defined better pathing and taking a moment to stop and search around. Some have been left at random movement to you on your toes.

NPC h events

In total there were 3 rape events programmed, 1 of them are the same standard animation you already know, 2 are newly added of a blowjob and a titjob. Sound of a man grunting and cumming does need to be added to these, but this has been left out for now. I'll add these and revise the 4th event/graphic I would like to add at a later date.

Rape Sex - Minus 2 hearts for sexual stamina

Blowjob - Minus 1 heart for sexual stamina

Titjob - Minus 1 heart for sexual stamina

These are at random, giving the player a chance to continue the night out. (This does not apply to the first night Bryn steps outside naked at the start of the game)

Map system

Built a map system which can be accessed through ESC > Inventory > Phone, there is an 'app' there called WOAH maps. This will allow the player to track where to pick up missions and where to carry them out at what time of day and what outfit to wear. (No outfit means nude, if there is not a text specifying).

This can also be accessed from Bryn's computer at home.

Saving game

Players can save the game at Bryn's laptop. Or at any GPS trade in point (Phone booths). I'll probably add another sub map menu pointing out these as a poi (Point of interest) at a later date. (The sheep is still there to collect a save sphere if you want to save anywhere in the map, once picked up this is accessed through the ESC menu > Inventory)

Keyboard remapping

I've enabled a plug in which allows the user to freely bind their keyboard to any actions in the game.

To be aware of

Items are still added to the inventory when missions are started and completed, these will be noted with Mission 1 (in progress), and to Mission (complete) when completed. These do nothing for now, but will serve as a future purpose to create for scene graphic/recollections to view old mission graphics again.

Please continue to give me feedback and suggestions and any other bug finds! These have been super helpful so far :)

Thank you for your continued support here, I will release an update in the next coming weeks for the next major update (If there aren't any gamebreaking bugs).

-B

Leo_00

Feb 20, 2021
Please find the next patch notes for the Tech demo V0.3 below.

V0.3 Tech Demo Patch notes as of 17-12

Mission and bug fixes

Supermarket 1 and Supermarket 2 missions have been put in correct order, you should no longer be able to start Supermarket 2, without completing Supermarket 1 first. This caused an issue where players could start both and it would interrupt completion.

School 2 chair bug has been fixed, made the chair passable for the event of taking selfies to continue.

Parking Garage 1 now gives completion item.

Train 1 Picture now disappears at the end.

Train 2 Train spotter should move and the event will play out.

Mission completion window increased to 21 days instead of 14, this should help players feel less rushed in completing 10 missions, with how tricky some of the NPCs could be.

Removed the GPS message appearing when you move into specific Districts, this was just in place to test the GPS tags actually shifting locations correctly.

Major updates

Stamina has been rebalanced, double the sprint time, and halved the time for it to start regeneration. Removed the SFX completely for Stamina 0% and 99%, a balloon icon shows above the character only now.

Crawling

Crawling has been added, this should add a bit more stealth with Bryn moving slower when she crawls, but also putting the walkers and joggers off from chasing you. This also shortens their chase rate to 2 squares instead of 5 when normally running. I still need to work on a moving animation to appear for this on the bottom right, so for now it will just appear as Bryn running. This is temperamental and activates when you quickly press the 'Page Up' button to whatever you have that bound to, don't hold it down.

NPC over hall

Walkers and Joggers have been sequenced better to be smoother in their movement. Some have been defined better pathing and taking a moment to stop and search around. Some have been left at random movement to you on your toes.

NPC h events

In total there were 3 rape events programmed, 1 of them are the same standard animation you already know, 2 are newly added of a blowjob and a titjob. Sound of a man grunting and cumming does need to be added to these, but this has been left out for now. I'll add these and revise the 4th event/graphic I would like to add at a later date.

Rape Sex - Minus 2 hearts for sexual stamina

Blowjob - Minus 1 heart for sexual stamina

Titjob - Minus 1 heart for sexual stamina

These are at random, giving the player a chance to continue the night out. (This does not apply to the first night Bryn steps outside naked at the start of the game)

Map system

Built a map system which can be accessed through ESC > Inventory > Phone, there is an 'app' there called WOAH maps. This will allow the player to track where to pick up missions and where to carry them out at what time of day and what outfit to wear. (No outfit means nude, if there is not a text specifying).

This can also be accessed from Bryn's computer at home.

Saving game

Players can save the game at Bryn's laptop. Or at any GPS trade in point (Phone booths). I'll probably add another sub map menu pointing out these as a poi (Point of interest) at a later date. (The sheep is still there to collect a save sphere if you want to save anywhere in the map, once picked up this is accessed through the ESC menu > Inventory)

Keyboard remapping

I've enabled a plug in which allows the user to freely bind their keyboard to any actions in the game.

To be aware of

Items are still added to the inventory when missions are started and completed, these will be noted with Mission 1 (in progress), and to Mission (complete) when completed. These do nothing for now, but will serve as a future purpose to create for scene graphic/recollections to view old mission graphics again.

Please continue to give me feedback and suggestions and any other bug finds! These have been super helpful so far :)

Thank you for your continued support here, I will release an update in the next coming weeks for the next major update (If there aren't any gamebreaking bugs).

-B
just finished it and found a bug where bryn movement is very slow after finishing school 2 mission; beside that everythings works fine

• Red Heart
Reactions: BrynsAdventureGame

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Increased to 21, for now. Hoping that would give some sense of easier achievement but still keep an eye on days passing.
I'm not a big fan of RPGs with time limits, I actually tend to stop playing them as soon as I'm told "the game ends in xx days", so I'm not very likely to continue this one. In any case, thanks for the game.

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
just finished it and found a bug where bryn movement is very slow after finishing school 2 mission; beside that everythings works fine
EDIT* Found it, fixed it. That'll be released in later patch.
I'll have a look at that and sort it, it'll be one line where it didn't reset i'd imagine.
Thank you for letting me know.

Last edited:

unbindedlore

Aug 7, 2022
- Forgot to mention this previously but there has been a bug where you could interact with the exit-the-school trash can from outside the chain-link fence. This results in the player carrying out the same jumping animation onto a roof tile where the player is unable to move.

- Train 2: If you interact with the NPC from the tile south to him, it will cause the player to enter the scene but shifted one tile south. Afterwards, you are unable to progress (even if the NPC moves out of the way). I think the player gets stuck in the scene's animation trying to move back to the position in front of the train track entrance and the NPC blocks them but I'm not sure.

- Still encountering an issue where the screen randomly shakes but it's not permanent and goes away. I play on fullscreen.

- On the street where you get the Train 2 mission, if you approach certain fence tiles from a certain direction, you can enter them and get stuck.

Looking forward to more daytime missions as they are feel more risky from the character's POV.

Last edited:

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
- Forgot to mention this previously but there has been a bug where you could interact with the exit-the-school trash can from outside the chain-link fence. This results in the player carrying out the same jumping animation onto a roof tile where the player is unable to move.

- Train 2: If you interact with the NPC from the tile south to him, it will cause the player to enter the scene but shifted one tile south. Afterwards, you are unable to progress (even if the NPC moves out of the way). I think the player gets stuck in the scene's animation trying to move back to the position in front of the train track entrance and the NPC blocks them but I'm not sure.

- Still encountering an issue where the screen randomly shakes but it's not permanent and goes away. I play on fullscreen.

- On the street where you get the Train 2 mission, if you approach certain fence tiles from a certain direction, you can enter them and get stuck.

Looking forward to more daytime missions as they are feel more risky from the character's POV.

Fixed the Trash can escape route, that should be working in the version out now, (Can only be jumped over at night).

Train 2 - Starting the mission fixed so that the player teleports 1 square over if that happens, allowing the movement to take place correctly.

What happens with the screen shake? I can't seem to encounter that yet. What is it that triggers it?

Also do you know which fence it is that doesn't work correctly?

Thank you,
-B

Plan_B

Jul 11, 2020
I just played it and my first impression is good, but it feels a bit tedious and unintuitive some times.
Here are some suggestions for problems that really annoyed me.

Some maps, like the school interior, feel very big, because the stamina depletes to quickly and it takes very long to recover. I would try shortening the recover delay and also to at least double the stamina recovery rate.

Another thing that caught my eye was that no map label appear after a map transition. I think it would really help if the map name is displayed for a few seconds. That makes it much easier to navigate through the world and it would help enormously with the inventory mission descriptions.

I also recommend an overhaul on the map indicators. Some objects, like the "hide away boxes" are hard to distinguish or entrances are placed at the map corner and hard to find (e.g. garage). Maybe use bigger, brighter or more colorful/contrasting indicator.

Another thing that happened a few times (before I used the "map app") was, that I stepped on the same mission activation multiple times because I thought I haven't activated them, so I would either remove them after activation or at least indicate somehow that it was activated already (and maybe also visually indicate if a mission activation is currently locked, so one doesn't try to reach an indicator just to be disappointed because the necessary progress isn't reached yet).

I also don't like the "maps app" very much because it takes away the explorative aspect of the game (and also feels like cheating) which I quiet like in these kind of games, but I can understand its existence. Nontheless, I would consider giving players the choice(e.g. via a difficulty setting) to have access to this feature or to have a more restricted/limited variant of it (e.g. a counter on the HUD for open quests on the current map or/and a marker-less map).

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
I just played it and my first impression is good, but it feels a bit tedious and unintuitive some times.
Here are some suggestions for problems that really annoyed me.

Some maps, like the school interior, feel very big, because the stamina depletes to quickly and it takes very long to recover. I would try shortening the recover delay and also to at least double the stamina recovery rate.

Another thing that caught my eye was that no map label appear after a map transition. I think it would really help if the map name is displayed for a few seconds. That makes it much easier to navigate through the world and it would help enormously with the inventory mission descriptions.

I also recommend an overhaul on the map indicators. Some objects, like the "hide away boxes" are hard to distinguish or entrances are placed at the map corner and hard to find (e.g. garage). Maybe use bigger, brighter or more colorful/contrasting indicator.

Another thing that happened a few times (before I used the "map app") was, that I stepped on the same mission activation multiple times because I thought I haven't activated them, so I would either remove them after activation or at least indicate somehow that it was activated already (and maybe also visually indicate if a mission activation is currently locked, so one doesn't try to reach an indicator just to be disappointed because the necessary progress isn't reached yet).

I also don't like the "maps app" very much because it takes away the explorative aspect of the game (and also feels like cheating) which I quiet like in these kind of games, but I can understand its existence. Nontheless, I would consider giving players the choice(e.g. via a difficulty setting) to have access to this feature or to have a more restricted/limited variant of it (e.g. a counter on the HUD for open quests on the current map or/and a marker-less map).
Yeah you're right on the district thing, I have ticked it now so the names of the Districts will now appear on screen for a little while. I originally unchecked them to appear as the map names were a work in progress, originally the School District was named Education District/ Office District named Workers etc...

The entire map app system is a work in progress, I can apply overlays to those missions on the Red Balloon screen which I had planned to at a later release, where I placed a screenshot earlier in the thread. Orange for started, and Green for complete were the other two options.

There is going to be more work put into the School, with other events filling out the spaces/floors. I could look into making the school smaller, but I feel that defeats the object of it being a high school? I could remove an entire floor which would make it less of an effort to travel up higher. I don't want to touch stamina just yet as I have doubled the running time

You're like me, I enjoy the explorative aspect of the game. I have had other players suggest that they would like a map feature somewhat in the game to help them seek out those missions. It's hard to find a balance, I could make a toggle mode that allows players to enable or disable maps but I'm not sure what value that would have, than just implement it somewhere in the game. Could restrict it to Computer use only at the house?

There's many contradicting suggestions which makes it difficult ^_^
-B

Reactions: BigMoisty

gamer012345

Jun 12, 2020
CGs don't look bad but I think, AI is more suitable for drawing backgrounds... characters themselves need love only the artists can give them

BiggityBoy81

Jan 12, 2022
Gave it a try and honestly loved the storyline/plot. Though I would like to ask whether there's anything I need to do once I've completed the 10 tasks or is the ending for completing them not decided yet? My apologies if I missed a patch note that already clarified this, can't seem to see it.

But keep up the good work! Looking forward to future updates on this game.

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
Gave it a try and honestly loved the storyline/plot. Though I would like to ask whether there's anything I need to do once I've completed the 10 tasks or is the ending for completing them not decided yet? My apologies if I missed a patch note that already clarified this, can't seem to see it.

But keep up the good work! Looking forward to future updates on this game.
Thank you for that message :), there is an ending for failing the time limit, there is also an ending for getting the missions done before the time limit. These endings will change as the game develops, so they aren't the final endings of the game.

-B

BigMoisty

Jul 10, 2022
So i'm replaying it again and i'm not sure if this is supposed to be part of the game but when you exit bryn's house its all dark but after you hide the key all the lights are suddenly on. Just wanted to point that out. Also so does this mean that there are endings already? because i havent played it to the end fully yet either
Thank you for that message :), there is an ending for failing the time limit, there is also an ending for getting the missions done before the time limit. These endings will change as the game develops, so they aren't the final endings of the game.

-B

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
So i'm replaying it again and i'm not sure if this is supposed to be part of the game but when you exit bryn's house its all dark but after you hide the key all the lights are suddenly on. Just wanted to point that out. Also so does this mean that there are endings already? because i havent played it to the end fully yet either
When I replayed that section, it became dark the first time around. But when I questioned it and tried again, the lights stayed on (which is what they're meant to do, until Bryn is outside. Then it gets dark).
I'll have another look at that section as it worked the second time around, but I was muddling around with some starting stuff so I may have added extra things which may have stopped that. So I may just add a perma screen colour to keep that map light, but it's meant to only be a one time use map anyway.

I am going to be updating the game as I realised there were some issues with V0.3, hopefully going to have that released and a few bug changes addressed in the next few days. Also going to release a Library 1 mission which is half programmed right now.

Reactions: BigMoisty

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
Quick update to V0.3B

There is an issue with V0.3 which you may not notice straight away, but I am currently in the process of updating these on the Itch.io website and F95Zone where I post also. You will be able to get the V0.3b on those links within the hour of this post.
The issue was game time, was still limited to 10 days even though I had set other parameters within the game to 21. The 'end game' message would activate still after 10 days had passed. This has now been fixed.

(The MEGA has v0.3b as of this edit*)

School update
Removed an entire middle floor, should make it less tedious in getting around the school. Added some daytime NPCs to the school and the odd few in the home district as a little test. (More will be added in a release of V1.0 when we finally get there).

Added a Library 1 mission
This will not be shown in the Map locations app (more about that below), this can be picked up in the Office district at night, the library is found on the ground floor of the school.

School accessibility during the day
The school is now only accessible when Bryn is in her school uniform, the intention of only having school missions in school uniform during the day. 'Meaning school is in session' I could however make the school only open on days 1-5 (mon-Fri), closed day 6 and 7, and repeat etc. But I'm swaying with over thinking on that with other things I could be doing with the game.

Smaller fixes
Trash can to escape the school grounds at night.
Train 2 now teleports the player in the correct location before starting the event.
Map locations for main districts, and the school now appear on the top left for a few seconds.

Moving forwards to V0.4
More daytime NPCs, just casual random ones walking around.

Mission locations overhaul
Going to make it easier to find missions, for example all of the School branch missions will be collected in the same place e.g outside of the school. With each mission only being able to unlock after the one before it is completed, for example only after you have completed School 1, School 2 will then be unlockable at night in the same place. And then School 3 after School 2 has been completed.

Map app interface
The map app was a good little starter to help you find your locations, but I'll work on something else to make that a bit better. Hopefully with the Mission locations overhaul this might make the locations more memorable, but I'll still include some kind of location finder map and in-progress tracker of some sort. I have an idea so far.

Recollections room
I've generally put this one off, as I don't like how they always end up looking. A room full of sprites in lined up order. But, I'll make one, I see these in other games like this where the player is teleported to a room where they can see old scenes/graphics/or even mission hints. Potentially incorporate this with the Map app interface where the users can access locations/hints and graphics.

Save progress
I will try my best to make sure that the game is not a fresh start/reset every release, but for now as I am working on the foundations and setting up the base game. This may have to be the case. I will try to make it where you can continue your save files when new missions and other content will be added. The only thing that may stop this is either a new intro/tutorial being added which may be the case before V1.0, and also different multiple endings. Off the top of my head, those are the only two that I think will be save-game breaking.

Thank you for your interest in Patreon and Itch, its been fantastic to know there's been an interest in this style of game. I honestly didn't expect to get any followers/supports at all, especially this early in development.

-B

Last edited:

BigMoisty

Jul 10, 2022
Quick update to V0.3B

There is an issue with V0.3 which you may not notice straight away, but I am currently in the process of updating these on the Itch.io website and F95Zone where I post also. You will be able to get the V0.3b on those links within the hour of this post.
The issue was game time, was still limited to 10 days even though I had set other parameters within the game to 21. The 'end game' message would activate still after 10 days had passed. This has now been fixed.

(The MEGA has v0.3b as of this edit*)

School update
Removed an entire middle floor, should make it less tedious in getting around the school. Added some daytime NPCs to the school and the odd few in the home district as a little test. (More will be added in a release of V1.0 when we finally get there).

Added a Library 1 mission
This will not be shown in the Map locations app (more about that below), this can be picked up in the Office district at night, the library is found on the ground floor of the school.

School accessibility during the day
The school is now only accessible when Bryn is in her school uniform, the intention of only having school missions in school uniform during the day. 'Meaning school is in session' I could however make the school only open on days 1-5 (mon-Fri), closed day 6 and 7, and repeat etc. But I'm swaying with over thinking on that with other things I could be doing with the game.

Smaller fixes
Trash can to escape the school grounds at night.
Train 2 now teleports the player in the correct location before starting the event.
Map locations for main districts, and the school now appear on the top left for a few seconds.

Moving forwards to V0.4
More daytime NPCs, just casual random ones walking around.

Mission locations overhaul
Going to make it easier to find missions, for example all of the School branch missions will be collected in the same place e.g outside of the school. With each mission only being able to unlock after the one before it is completed, for example only after you have completed School 1, School 2 will then be unlockable at night in the same place. And then School 3 after School 2 has been completed.

Map app interface
The map app was a good little starter to help you find your locations, but I'll work on something else to make that a bit better. Hopefully with the Mission locations overhaul this might make the locations more memorable, but I'll still include some kind of location finder map and in-progress tracker of some sort. I have an idea so far.

Recollections room
I've generally put this one off, as I don't like how they always end up looking. A room full of sprites in lined up order. But, I'll make one, I see these in other games like this where the player is teleported to a room where they can see old scenes/graphics/or even mission hints. Potentially incorporate this with the Map app interface where the users can access locations/hints and graphics.

Save progress
I will try my best to make sure that the game is not a fresh start/reset every release, but for now as I am working on the foundations and setting up the base game. This may have to be the case. I will try to make it where you can continue your save files when new missions and other content will be added. The only thing that may stop this is either a new intro/tutorial being added which may be the case before V1.0, and also different multiple endings. Off the top of my head, those are the only two that I think will be save-game breaking.

Thank you for your interest in Patreon and Itch, its been fantastic to know there's been an interest in this style of game. I honestly didn't expect to get any followers/supports at all, especially this early in development.

-B
I think that one feature that you could maybe put in would be a skip button for player who already know the intro and want to just skip to the exploration part? Coz while the intro is great and it would probably be a good time saver to skip ahead to just wander around.

Last edited:

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
I think that one feature that you could maybe put in would be a skip button for player who already know the intro and want to just skip to the exploration part? Coz while the intro is great and it would probably be a good time saver to skip ahead to just wander around.
That's a fair suggestion, created and implemented for a future release. Skip at the start dialogue will take Bryn to her first night out in the city nude.

-B

BigMoisty

Jul 10, 2022
Was testing out the new scene and mission and redoing some missions that i didn't do before coz i forgot to and encountered another bug i believe? Despite having already done the library mission in school, the pink mission symbol still remained there and you can even get the mission again? Since i had the library 1 task again but i also had the Library 1 task (done) item. But looking forward to more scenes added as now since the school bully knows of what Bryn is doing now, hopefully she gets caught be him in the middle of completing more missions and gets molested and worse!

Some suggestions for scenes that i have in mind would be groping Bryn whilst she was trying to complete her mission and interrupting her, like in the supermarket or the under development areas, especially in school too. Thought the school nerds would have molested Bryn since she was practically nude and it would have been a great scene, Maybe future mid-mission rape scenes getting added too would be great.
Screenshot 2023-12-21 034120.png

BrynsAdventureGame

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2023
Was testing out the new scene and mission and redoing some missions that i didn't do before coz i forgot to and encountered another bug i believe? Despite having already done the library mission in school, the pink mission symbol still remained there and you can even get the mission again? Since i had the library 1 task again but i also had the Library 1 task (done) item. But looking forward to more scenes added as now since the school bully knows of what Bryn is doing now, hopefully she gets caught be him in the middle of completing more missions and gets molested and worse!

Some suggestions for scenes that i have in mind would be groping Bryn whilst she was trying to complete her mission and interrupting her, like in the supermarket or the under development areas, especially in school too. Thought the school nerds would have molested Bryn since she was practically nude and it would have been a great scene, Maybe future mid-mission rape scenes getting added too would be great.
View attachment 3190534
Ah yes, I know why the mission marker still stayed there. I'll get that sorted.
Thank you so much for coming back into it and still giving it ago!
The inventory menu screen you have shown is going to be replaced. I've got a recollection/scene helper room in the works now instead.

With the school bullies and nerds, all in good time ^.^, all in good time. The nerds are shy to have a feel, but the bullies... Well. They're not.
Also raped mid scene events, Industry district (Not released yet) This was in a version of the game that got wiped. So you're spot on with what's to come.

Thank you! :)
-B

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 11 Votes