Ren'Py Bumpkin Boy's Bizarre Adventures [v0.15] [Frozen Sugar Cubes]

3.30 star(s) 16 Votes
Mar 29, 2019
how is that
v0.3
It took us a while to make a new version after v0.2 but it's finally done. We've tried a lot of new things that we are excited to show, we hope you like it.

a changelog

that dev note

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I'm not sure there's a plot here any more, it went from standard "guy living in a house with hotties" to Whatever the hell that was.

Though the culture references (like the posing after class, and whatever was going on with Lana's daughter) were just fucking annoying to be honest. Now with the Stand, it's like this game has shifted gears for the third time. And he totally just rolled with the idea of having her tag along and help him perv like it's nothing.

So yeah, the plot has pretty much gone out the window at this point.

Also Emily looked like shit in this update. She was cute in the first section of the game, something about how you changed her made her look really crappy for some reason.

Reactions: blastwave2k

Ecchi lover

Mar 9, 2018
memes,good animations, little attention to background characters and shit load of jojo reference along with gintama and other anime
yeah seems fun so gonna keep an eye out for it!

Reactions: HunterSeeker

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
ok so I just learned to not read the comments section before playing a new version of this game. what's this about stand powers? that's a joke, ill find out when I play. please nobody reply to that

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
so how many jojo references are in the game?
I have no idea what a jojo is but Google tells me it's got pretty pictures.

I really need to watch some of these cartoons, I might get some of these references then.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
so how many jojo references are in the game?
I can immediately think of 4. There's a picture pulled from JoJo part 5 on the tv when MC first gets there, there's a moment in the classroom (end of 1st schoolday I think?) where everyone starts posing, there's a moment when one of the girls (Ayano, I think?) says the line "Yes! I am!", and then of course the fact that the MC got shot with a stand arrow, didn't die, and thusly obained a stand.

Reactions: Average

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Strange game but in a good way and seems pretty fun. I hope we make the move on Lana soon. :p

Average

Nov 10, 2017
I can immediately think of 4. There's a picture pulled from JoJo part 5 on the tv when MC first gets there, there's a moment in the classroom (end of 1st schoolday I think?) where everyone starts posing, there's a moment when one of the girls (Ayano, I think?) says the line "Yes! I am!", and then of course the fact that the MC got shot with a stand arrow, didn't die, and thusly obained a stand.
Nice!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I have no idea what a jojo is but Google tells me it's got pretty pictures.

I really need to watch some of these cartoons, I might get some of these references then.

Jojo is a ridiculous anime that lives up to it's name of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure"

A ton of weirdness, some terrible English, fight scenes, etc.

D

Deleted member 1928798

Just made an Unofficial Android Port

UPDATED: 25 Feb, 2020
Download it here:

This release support my gestures:
- Swipe up to open the game menu
- Swipe down to hide the interface
- Swipe left to roll back
- Swipe right to skip

Made with Custom scripts based on RpaKit (Madeddy@F95Zone), UnRen (Sam@F95Zone) and Cruncher (bas@F95Zone)

If you encounter an issue with my port please ping me here or at my

Enjoy ! ;)

• Love
Reactions: Frozen Sugar Cubes

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
This version went a bit hard on the memes. It has been awhile since I played the earlier versions but this one went with multiple memes per scene, for most scenes. Now memes can be funny, but when a large chunk of the text are random memes, that isn't good. Especially since you are already trying to play the MC as being an idiot, you have 2 personality quirks which can be grating. The other thing is that it seems everyone memes in the game, which makes it seem like everyone shares a personality.

The three different scene transitions. This would be fine if you had an icon appear whenever an auto transition scene begins, to tell the player not to click. Maybe make an Icon on the screen that tells you the type of transition the game expects, 1 for auto, 1 for click items, 1 for normal textbox mouse click.

Game had a handful of typos

When the game started the "sandbox" mode in the house, if you clicked the Circle in upper left, you can't move back to do the other 2 rooms if you missed them, would be nice to have a return to main room function, same with leaving the MC's room if you hadn't done the other stuff.

Other than the update consisting of about one 24 hour period, it was decent.

3.30 star(s) 16 Votes