FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
okay im fucking stupid but the install instructions for the patch say i need to rename the obj.vfs but i havent the foggiest about what i am supposed to rename it to
the bat doesnt work for me either becaues apparently win 10
Rename just means remove it I believe, just move it to a different folder or whatever. My game folder doesn't have that file, so I'm sure I erased/removed it and I beat the whole game with no issues, so I'ma guess that's what I did, lol.

The game does work on Win 10, but you need extra steps if I remember right. The issue is that when you try to install from mounting, it won't function properly and you'll have to delete/uninstall everything and start over. I think these are the extra steps:

1- Extract to desired location.
2- Mount BUNNYBLACK.mdf using favorite program [eg. PowerISO]
2.1- Extract all the files using PowerISO to wherever you please and go find those files.
2.2- Go into the install.exe properties and change to Win 7 compatibility mode before installing.

3- Click install.EXE and install
4- Paste in your installed directory "Bunny Black English Patch v1.00.exe" in installed directory.
4.1- Go into the patch exe and change to Win 7 compatibility mode.
5- Run "Bunny Black English Patch v1.00.exe" in your installed directory
SKIP NO6. UNLESS SO ONE CAN FIGURE OUT WHY IT WONT PATCH
6- SKIP IT ""Bunny Black English Patch v1.20.exe" in your installed directory
7- Finally Copy all contents v1.21 into install directory
7.1- Go into the Bunny.exe and change to Win 7 compatibility mode.
8- Click on Bunny.EXE to start playing.

Basically win 7 compatibility mode at every step and make sure you extract the game files before installing. I'm pretty sure the initial game install needs win 7 compatability, I'm not sure if the patch or game.exe do, but I did it to be on the safe side and never had any issues, so might as well.

You also need to do this same shit for Bunny Black 2 if you're going to head off to the sequel afterwards.

This game fucking sucks to install, but it's one of those things where once you know what to do, it only takes a few minutes and it's worth it. Just make sure you completely uninstall the game (It's probably in your program files) before retrying all this shit. The game won't properly uninstall from the launcher if I remember right.

Winiii

Nov 29, 2019
this game is so fucking frustrating, especially the longer you play it, you just cant earn enough money from quests to even keep your whole squad alive and most of the quests are just retarded + 12 enemy squads just surounding you.. i also hate that they only focus everyone but the MC because yea he can actually tank it, guess i need the skill for it. and dont even get me started on the AI, you only control the MC and you can give different attack orders but those attack order are actually bs, i tell them to attack the front row. my magicians / archers start shooting on the second row. THAT'S NOT THE FRONT ROW, priority healing is shit, there is no difference if someone who has lost 10 hp against someone who is one hit away from death and it happesn way to much that they heal my MC who has literally lost 1 hp because everyone is avoiding attacking him and next turn someone next to him dies. i curse the ones who programmed the ai. it's also fun to see when your healing uses AOE heal when ONLY 1 is hurt (used for 9).. this game is retarded, also a bit mad about the censoring but that is nothing compared to the grind and blood you have to put in and it's not even rewarding when you do get a H-Scene because you're just mad at the game for killing 2 of your units that cost ~ 7k and that money is more than several quests, the only way i can get money is from OPENING LOOT BOXES.. fucking RNG is the way you can only actually gain money.

i want to continue my rant but nothing more comes up to mind anymore, just want to vent my frustrations at something because the combat is a shit show, it's good until they keep sending you new enemies to fight that are 300% more dangerous and you're getting surrounded by yea 12 squds as i said before and your mages / healers are OFC out of juice so i have to run all the time and see my minions die one by one to run to the door and just cry from the loss. and ofc nothing is actually explained in the game of the mechanics.

done for now..

Reactions: recinlskeyyys

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
i want to continue my rant but nothing more comes up to mind anymore, just want to vent my frustrations at something because the combat is a shit show, it's good until they keep sending you new enemies to fight that are 300% more dangerous and you're getting surrounded by yea 12 squds as i said before and your mages / healers are OFC out of juice so i have to run all the time and see my minions die one by one to run to the door and just cry from the loss. and ofc nothing is actually explained in the game of the mechanics.

done for now..
Had the same problem initially too. The OP units are actually story units that are meant to be avoided. They go away eventually. The game does a pisspoor job of explaining that, it isn't even mentioned in dialogue I don't think until it happens again later in the game.

You just have to choose maps that allows you to avoid enemies for a while until they disappear. Go away from the 1 star cleaning missions for a while, the maps are too small and linear to avoid enemies in.

And yeah, agree with the healing and such, I mentioned how stupid bad it was in tips I posted a while back. Thankfully the sequel is better about it (If your healers have enough discipline anyways). The sequel fixes a lot of shit, though it drops off in some aspects too in my opinion (6 allies instead of 9 made me cry).

Winiii

Nov 29, 2019
Had the same problem initially too. The OP units are actually story units that are meant to be avoided. They go away eventually. The game does a pisspoor job of explaining that, it isn't even mentioned in dialogue I don't think until it happens again later in the game.

You just have to choose maps that allows you to avoid enemies for a while until they disappear. Go away from the 1 star cleaning missions for a while, the maps are too small and linear to avoid enemies in.

And yeah, agree with the healing and such, I mentioned how stupid bad it was in tips I posted a while back. Thankfully the sequel is better about it (If your healers have enough discipline anyways). The sequel fixes a lot of shit, though it drops off in some aspects too in my opinion (6 allies instead of 9 made me cry).
damn, that last part already makes me cry xDDD, i will miss 9 instead of 6

Riltom

Oct 2, 2018
Alright, after trying all steps to install the game, and failing, i found out that you dont need to install the game.

just mount the .mdf file( or open it with winrar) and extract the files to any folder you want the game to be, then extract the patch to the bunny folder( in my case \BunnyBlack\bunny), install the patch and its done. no need to install the game.

open the game using the bunny.exe in the bunny folder.

MenmaYu

Broke as hell :3
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I can't enter fullscreen mode, any fix to this? I've tried compatibility mode, alt+enter, and F11.

Riltom

Oct 2, 2018
Does the new game+ add anything to the story?
If not, can somebody upload a 100% save? dont want to grind again just to unlock a few CGs.

also, it just me or you cant get to a rank larger than 'dungeon midboss'?

Jack0

May 14, 2018
I can't enter fullscreen mode, any fix to this? I've tried compatibility mode, alt+enter, and F11.
It's in the options menu at the top;

bunny_2020_09_03_13_40_32_287.jpg

The problem with fullscreen for me is that it is left-aligned on the screen.
The solution I found was to play it windowed and use a Steam app called Lossless Scaling to
scale up the window to fullscreen, and add some anti-aliasing as well.

Kerus

Aug 31, 2017
Hi, does english patch v 1.20 work? After pasting it do my isntall directory I am getting a notificcation a folder could not be founded (I attach a picture). Patch v 1.00 worked normally, game is running as well in English (version 1.11 at the top)
Install the game with compatibility for win7 and do the same with the patch

Last edited:

Kak99

Jan 23, 2018
Guys how to get this game full screen ?? the full screen in setting doesn't work and my game version is v1.11 is it right ??

Kak99

Jan 23, 2018
Can anyone please do the video about installation ??
I tried everything yet still can't apply patch 1.20 my game still version 1.11

Jack0

May 14, 2018
The v1.11 is the game version and is correct. The 1.21 is just the translation version which won't appear on-screen at all.

I made some installation notes the last time I played this if that helps.
  • Download Bunny_Black.rar and extract to desktop.
  • Open Bunny Black folder. This has everything you need.
  • (Using 7-Zip) Right click on BunnyBlack.mdf and select open. Drag "bunny" folder to desktop, this is the main game folder (you don't need to run installer)
  • Extract BunnyBlack_eng_1.20.rar and copy "Bunny Black English Patch.exe" to "bunny" folder, run exe and click Start. (Ignore BunnyBlack_eng_1.00.rar file, it's not needed)
  • Extract BB_Quickfix1_21.rar and copy contents to "bunny" folder, replacing 6 files.
  • Run Bunny.exe to play game.
The game will run windowed. The Fullscreen option in the Options menu may not work for you.
SOLUTION: Press F10 to bring up the Japanese menu, and select the bottom right radio button & click OK, see pic below;

Screenshot2020-11.jpg

Game will restart, and now the Fullscreen option in the Options menu will work.

The problem with fullscreen (for me) is that the game is left aligned on the screen.
It's not too bad and perfectly playable, but if that bothers anyone I can do a post illustrating how to use an app called LosslessScaling (on Steam) to create a custom shortcut to centre the game on-screen. It's a bit involved so I won't wall-of-text it here.

TIP: Set Key Configuration config to Type B for WASD type controls.

Kak99

Jan 23, 2018
The v1.11 is the game version and is correct. The 1.21 is just the translation version which won't appear on-screen at all.

• (Using 7-Zip) Right click on BunnyBlack.mdf and select open. Drag "bunny" folder to desktop, this is the main game folder (you don't need to run installer)
  • Extract BunnyBlack_eng_1.20.rar and copy "Bunny Black English Patch.exe" to "bunny" folder, run exe and click Start. (Ignore BunnyBlack_eng_1.00.rar file, it's not needed)
  • Extract BB_Quickfix1_21.rar and copy contents to "bunny" folder, replacing 6 files.
The game will run windowed. The Fullscreen option in the Options menu may not work for you.
SOLUTION: Press F10 to bring up the Japanese menu, and select the bottom right radio button & click OK, see pic below;

View attachment 886405

The problem with fullscreen (for me) is that the game is left aligned on the screen.
It's not too bad and perfectly playable, but if that bothers anyone I can do a post illustrating how to use an app called LosslessScaling (on Steam) to create a custom shortcut to centre the game on-screen. It's a bit involved so I won't wall-of-text it here.

Thanks you friend

Kak99

Jan 23, 2018

View attachment 886405

the game keep force me out maybe my monitor is too big

Jack0

May 14, 2018
Is it an ultra-wide monitor?

OK, I'll illustrate how to use Lossless Scaling to get up and running.
Make sure game is windowed first.

Lossless Scaling app is on Steam, it has a paid option but the Demo version is free and allows 2x
scaling which should be good enough for almost fullscreen playing, ie, 800x600 window to 1600x1200
(a bit too zoomed in @1080p but OK @1440p).

(Paid version allows custom scaling; e.g. 800x600 -> fullscreen @1440p can use 2.4x & 800x600 -> fullscreen @1080p can use 1.8x)

Download demo (it'll be in your steamapps/common folder) copy "Lossless Scaling" folder to "bunny" folder. (It's DRM-free, thanks to dev)
Create shortcut to LosslessScaling.exe & move shortcut to desired location.

Right click on shortcut, go to Properties.
In the target field ADD to the existing line to look something like this;
Code:
"E:\Games\Bunny Black\Lossless Scaling\LosslessScaling.exe" -path "E:\Games\Bunny Black\bunny.exe" -scaleFactor 2
(Change file locations to match yours)

Rename "LosslessScaling.exe - Shortcut" to "Bunny Black (LS)".
Change icon if desired, right click on shortcut, go to Properties, Click change Icon, browse to your Bunny.exe, select the icon and click OK.

Screenshot2020-11-2.jpg

The paid version also allows additional options like adding Anti-Aliasing and Multi Monitor support etc.

Kak99

Jan 23, 2018
Is it an ultra-wide monitor?

OK, I'll illustrate how to use Lossless Scaling to get up and running.
Make sure game is windowed first.

Lossless Scaling app is on Steam, it has a paid option but the Demo version is free and allows 2x
scaling which should be good enough for almost fullscreen playing, ie, 800x600 window to 1600x1200
(a bit too zoomed in @1080p but OK @1440p).

(Paid version allows custom scaling; e.g. 800x600 -> fullscreen @1440p can use 2.4x & 800x600 -> fullscreen @1080p can use 1.8x)

Download demo (it'll be in your steamapps/common folder) copy "Lossless Scaling" folder to "bunny" folder. (It's DRM-free, thanks to dev)
Create shortcut to LosslessScaling.exe & move shortcut to desired location.

Right click on shortcut, go to Properties.
In the target field ADD to the existing line to look something like this;
Code:
"E:\Games\Bunny Black\Lossless Scaling\LosslessScaling.exe" -path "E:\Games\Bunny Black\bunny.exe" -scaleFactor 2
(Change file locations to match yours)

Rename "LosslessScaling.exe - Shortcut" to "Bunny Black (LS)".
Change icon if desired, right click on shortcut, go to Properties, Click change Icon, browse to your Bunny.exe, select the icon and click OK.

View attachment 887251

The paid version also allows additional options like adding Anti-Aliasing and Multi Monitor support etc.
Thanks you a lots friend
btw this company has closed down but there's not much reason that I can find why they close
Do you know ??

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
For all Players I hope they write this Warning on the first side !!!

1. Delete the Bunny Black English Patch v1.00.exe !!! (you have it with mdf and mds after downloading)
2- Extract to desired location.
3- Mount BUNNYBLACK.mdf using favorite program [you can use the free program Virtual CloneDrive for example, don´t use Daemon Tools lite because it have malware (you can read about it in world wide web my antivirus block the program) aso Power ISO (you can´t switch off that you won´t the programs he install it if you said before no it doesn´t matter]
3.1- Extract all the files using Virtual CloneDrive
3.2 On the mdf file right click and say this file should open with Virtual CloneDrive
3.3- Now he find the install.exe and change the drive when you like (don´t know if you need this: properties and change to Win 7 compatibility mode before installing.)

4- Paste in your installed directory "Bunny Black English Patch v1.20.exe" in installed directory.
4.1- Don´t know if you need this: Go into the patch exe and change to Win 7 compatibility mode.
5- Finally Copy all contents v1.21 into install directory
6- Don´t know if you need this: Go into the Bunny.exe and change to Win 7 compatibility mode.
7- Click on Bunny.EXE to start playing.

Reason for this Warning if you use Bunny Black English Patch v1.00.exe it blocks to install a other Bunny Black English Patch so you have deinstall the Game after that you can use the right Bunny Black English Patch v1.20.exe patch.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes