shawnnation

Oct 19, 2020
This game was going towards a hot direction with the girl, then the trap and the girl/sis together but from what I've read in the comments I dont think I even want to download and continue with this game. It sounds like its going down a very dark direction for the sake of being fucked up.

Varxen

Jun 17, 2017
I'll play any game with the rape tag, let's hope the MC lives up to his shining moral compass :cool:

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
Thanks for this - How do I change the MC name so can continue as if my game ?
To answer my own question
go to file ".....\Butimthebadguy-0.036-pc\renpy\common\00consol.rpy"
right click and "Edit in Notepad++"
select "Search" from menu
select Find from drop down options
enter "config.consol" in find what text box and hit find next button until reach statement config.consol = False (line 108)
change "False" to "True"
save file
start game and load save
press "Shift" plus "o"
type {name = u"your name"} and hit enter
hit Escape button
MC should now have "your name"

• Love
Reactions: PantyPantsu

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
This game was going towards a hot direction with the girl, then the trap and the girl/sis together but from what I've read in the comments I dont think I even want to download and continue with this game. It sounds like its going down a very dark direction for the sake of being fucked up.
I mean the MC has been very fucked up since the first release. In this update you actually have the power to decide if you want him to be fucked up or not. The rape stuff only happens if you want it to happen. I think that is a big improvement from earlier releases where you didn't have much of a choice. I just hope this doesn't become one of those games where you get "punished" if you decide to avoid all the dark content. For the people that aren't into the darker stuff, this update is really short.

Last edited:

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
grrr none of my saves work at all. wtf??

edit: had to go back to january save and it worked. weird.

Last edited:

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Misinformation at it's finest.
TLDR: Nothing really fucked up happens unless you want it to and the options are very clearly labeled. I went in, saw the options, avoided what I didn't like and all is well. Yes, it was a very short update for me, but at least I didnt have to see anything I didn't like.

Will this trend continue? Who knows. A few seem to think they can tell the future but I am willing to wait and see what happens next before calling it. It's not like the weird stuff was hidden from us. They have been in the planned section from the start. I just hope it's more balanced with the *normal* stuff going forward. I take this episode as a "Do you let the devil within win or not?" kind of deal. So I guess we will see what happens next.

Reactions: testo2 and Tiur

Okyturi

Jun 8, 2020
The game revolves around a main character being the bad guy, and they dropped modding the game because main character was being a bad guy. Makes total sense.
Yeah but there are levels of being bad. Like a guy that insults someone in the bar or Stalin/Hitler that starts massive genocides. Also it isnt even clear from the name of the game that MC is actually the bad one (cuz name itself is kinda questioning that).
I guess for everyone there is different degree of degeneracy that they are comfortable with

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
That is all assumptions based on little to no evidence.
... no it isn't
evidence:
1. it literally already happened
2. the dev did not announce he will roll it back after some people complained.

Not only is it evidence, but it is overwhelmingly strong evidence.
90%+ of the time when those specific 2 pieces of evidence occur, it means whatever changes the dev made are in to stay at least for a while. (barring a corporate upheaval where a new lead dev is appointed who overturns their predecessors policies. which won't happen for a 1 person dev team)

could the dev change their mind? of course, plenty of examples on F95 where it happened. But they are still an absolute tiny minority of cases.
If it did not happen immediately then it will take a long while to happen if ever. Basically, whatever changes happened are most likely here to stay

disclaimer: I am not weighing in on either side of the "this is good" vs "this is bad" debate. Just disagreeing with the claim of "no evidence" that "the changes are here to stay"

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
The game revolves around a main character being the bad guy, and they dropped modding the game because main character was being a bad guy. Makes total sense.
Some infos about dropping my Mod:
I normally avoid these games, but I got a suggestion to do a Mod here. And even it's clearly a "bad guy" game from the beginning, I actually liked it. Scratch that, loved it. Weird. I know the tags are there since game beginning (at least in the possible future tags), that's why I was so surprised that I really liked the game. But the corruption of the neighbours family or from Hina was excellent written, and actually really funny too. And since the game is also on Patreon I thought I maybe can handle it, that it's maybe a "light" version of a bad MC game. I was completely wrong. I only skipped through v0.036 for starting to update my Mod and immidiatly closed it. V0.036 is exactly why I normally avoid such games. I know, players can (at least now) skip that. But for my Mod I can't avoid it, quite the contrary, I would have to check that in all details. No way!

But also: It's now probably the wanted game some craved here to become. It was also not completely hidden from the beginning, so the dev is doing right. But he also has now to face the consequences with that new content. There will be hate or love here now, nothing in between. And I also fear for him that Patreon will contact him soon...

Last edited:

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Some infos about dropping my Mod:
I normally avoid these games, but I got a suggestion to do a Mod here. And even it's clearly a "bad guy" game from the beginning, I actually liked it. Scratch that, loved it. Weird. I know the tags are there since game beginning (at least in the possible future tags), that's why I was so surprised that I really liked the game. But the corruption of the neighbours family or from Hina was excellent written, and actually really funny too. And since the game is also on Patreon I though I maybe can handle it, that it's maybe a "light" version of a bad MC game. I was completely wrong. I only skipped through v0.036 for starting to update my Mod and immidiatly closed it. V0.036 is exactly why I normally avoid such games. I know, players can (at least now) skip that. But for my Mod I can't avoid it, quite the contrary, I would have to check that in all details. No way!

But also: It's now probably the wanted game some craved here to become. It was also not completely hidden from the beginning, so the dev is doing right. But he also have now to face the consequences with that new content. There will be hate or love here now, nothing in between. And I also fear for him that Patreon will contact him soon...
Patreon will defiantly come down on them now.

Reactions: Warhawk1
4.00 star(s) 109 Votes