jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Not sure why you feel the urge to attack me, but you do you.
I only wanted to point out there was no good take over I've seen so far so the one made that request maybe should not get the hopes to high for it. Maybe there are a few ones which were inspired from an abandoned game ("Our fate" has some). But they are no "take overs", have an own story and 3D models.
I also definitely do not want to hinder if someone want's to try it. I would be glad to be proven wrong here when this game continues with the original story and models.
I did not attack you at all, just criticized your post's attitude and the fact that you instructed everyone else "Forget it, that never worked out so far" solely because in your opinion is hasn't worked successfully before...even though large-scale abandonment of popular AVNs because of the Patreon betrayal is a totally new trend that we have no way of predicting/understanding yet. For all we know 10 years from now there will be dozens of high-profile games that were taken over successfully by devs in other countries, etc., that were able to pick up where the original dev had to leave off.

But by all means feel free to try and paint logic that undermines your position as an Ad hominem attack so you can play the victim. It sure doesn't make your position (your opinion based on an extremely limited sample size and time frame) look any stronger.

MalLiz

Jan 26, 2024
I did not attack you at all, just criticized your post's attitude and the fact that you instructed everyone else "Forget it, that never worked out so far" solely because in your opinion is hasn't worked successfully before...even though large-scale abandonment of popular AVNs because of the Patreon betrayal is a totally new trend that we have no way of predicting/understanding yet. For all we know 10 years from now there will be dozens of high-profile games that were taken over successfully by devs in other countries, etc., that were able to pick up where the original dev had to leave off.

But by all means feel free to try and paint logic that undermines your position as an Ad hominem attack so you can play the victim. It sure doesn't make your position (your opinion based on an extremely limited sample size and time frame) look any stronger.
It hasn't worked properly even once for any non-visual novel games out there, so why would it work for visual novel ones? Especially since in VNs the most key element is the original author's own vision. :unsure:

You can make a re-draw or copy of the Mona Lisa, but that doesn't make you Leonardo da Vinci. Finishing someone else's art just ain't that easy, my man.

-Mal

69BOI69

Jul 24, 2020

Not that I agree with that guys reasoning alone, but visual NOVELs are reliant on the story. Very few projects of any kind work out that well let alone any story based projects. Time doesn't change the fact that no one thinks or writes the same. It's better to be inspired rather than be constricted to what you think someone else wants.

Reactions: GokutheG
3.90 star(s) 115 Votes