VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

Jack-Atlas

Sep 8, 2020
Well, at least now we are not gonna have that awkward conversation...
hey bro I lost my virginity to you when you had a bag on your head, while not even knowing that it was you
but hey I still love you. (y)

but seriously apart from that scene this game is really good I didn't skip the dialogues not even once (rare for me)
deserves more love good luck to the dev.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
After giving it some thought, I will be changing the ending to EP1. I am with you guys when you say it's out of character for Audrey. While I still do think it's a decision she's capable of making, she wouldn't have gone all the way, nor quietly. For people who liked the current ending, don't be alarmed. This isn't me "caving into demands" or anything. It's a change that I support because it makes sense. It also doesn't change the trajectory of the story in the grand scheme of things.
Just wanted to say Props to you for listening and thinking this one over, and coming up with a way to improve it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Damn, relpayed this game once more makes me appreciate how good the renders are done.
So with this current update the ending was changed so Audrey behaved more like her normal character and acted more "pure". Nice. Also nice to see Victorias Ahegao:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Damn, I will miss the animations from Audrey... :cry:

I dont get why people gave Victoria so much hate. I mean its clear all she is doing it for Audrey sake. She only allowed that because she already knows that Audrey has feelings for her own brother. And with this change its more blatant.
Im pretty sure she wouldnt do it when it was a comepletty stranger anyway.

Well, with this ending I think the story will also be a complettly different one now ?
Whatever it is, I cant wait to see the future update.

PS: The sad music at the end... :cry:
I totally agree with you. In my view victoria do all of this is just because she knows too well about audrey who will not face her true feeling and take the first step out, so she can only set this up in order to force audrey to take action after what they had done. It is quick obvious in the remake version that she said it herself which the hard working will be nothing if audrey just left and there will be no another changes other than this. This words prove victoria know about what she is doing and the reason why she is trying to make audrey have sex with her brother in an aggressive tone, I am sure it will be very different if he is not mc but a total stranger.
I am quite sad to see the remake have change the original ending, not about the audrey sex scene but as the plot have changed. In the original one audrey find out mc's identity when she is having sex with her brother and it is dramatic that she must need to deal with it after what done is done, rather admit or ignore it will progress the story by making clear her true feeling.
However, in the remake she just watch but do nothing with mc, which is intensely reduce the seriousness. Seeing your friend make out with your brother or you make out with your brother is a total different kind of level, the dramatic level decrease so much by that because it will make audrey has less necessity to deal with what they had done and it will make the impact go on a total different way from the original one.
Therefore I can say that I am a little disappointed about what the plot is going differently now after the ending had changed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Harem Trooper

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I don't know why people got so dramatic against Victoria or the Audrey E1 original ending, I liked it, all was so paceful before, it worked out for me as a "here start the problems".
It was kind of a rape, and it was way, WAY out of character with Audrey, suddenly changing her entire personality/behaviour to go from saving herself for the right man to having unprotected, unconsensual sex with a complete stranger.

It didnt fit the character and it was problematic

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Hmm, considering the interest this is getting, there must be more to it than the plot only. How much content is there present in Ep. 1 R1?

CoolDude4444

Feb 11, 2018
I had this game on ignore after I played the first release and really didn't like the ending but then saw that it had updated so I bit the bullet and checked the changelog and I am so glad that I did. This game is now on my watched list after replaying the ending. A big Thank You to the Dev for Listening to feedback.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
By Midsummer Moonlight [Episode 1 Rev. 1] [Mimir's Lab] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 739 MB / 259 MB - ByMidsummerMoonlight-Episode1-Rev.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 722 MB / 242 MB - ByMidsummerMoonlight-Episode1-Rev.1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
All links should be updated with the fixed versions. Mods that are reading this, I removed the racaty link, sorry. If you could reupload for more mirrors that'd be great. Thanks.

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
Sooo, before I keep on playing i'd like to know somthing. Right now am at the family dinner after the sisters came home from college.
Is the MC an insufferable asshole the whole game or does that change later (hopefully soon)?

• Haha
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
That was pretty fast. I'll check the rework out and see the changes. Once again, i wasn't bothered by the original ending, personally. No matter what, I'm still going to like and play the game regardless of this specific rework. I just hope these changes don't effect the overall story and that certain future scenes aren't affected because of it. This involved Audrey so there's bound to be more than just this changed in the story.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Played for about 10 minutes and it seems very interesting.
Unfortunately it almost has zero audio.
Are there any plans to add background music to all scenes?
Hmm. Should be sound effects and music in the game, though I coded it only to play music when the mood requires it. As for having music continuously loop in the background, I've thought about it but most of the music I've commissioned do not fit a neutral mood. If I'm going to have music loop in the background, which I'm considering, I would need to commission a piece specifically for it.

Reactions: Aeriall

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
Seems like it was worth it to wait for the revised edition.
Even though the last scene was still a bit odd, given that I rejected Victoria's advances, but I can see how it was necessary for the story, and it otherwise felt the characters acted in accordance to what we have seen of their personalities so far.
I'm looking forward to see how the story continues. (y)

Reactions: Aeriall
4.50 star(s) 38 Votes