VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Hannah for example did what people who are good at fighting do...took up martial arts...continue to train/fight for the love of the rush. MC never took up anything, he doesn't even jog, and definitely doesn't display any of the traits of someone that was victorious in fighting.
A bit of background info that will be revealed later, which I don't mind spoiling now since it changes nothing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sadklouds

Aug 8, 2018
It annoys me in games when my choices mean nothing and having that happen when i rejected Victoria aint it. I would understand if it was a kinetic novel but that doesnt seem to be the case. I did'nt even make it to the scene that others are pointing out, as soon as the first scene started with victoria I was already gone.

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Okay, so how do i even start this. I'll start by saying the game is great and the story is top notch. I clicked with the MC, a lot. Sometimes you can really be lost and have to figure things out yourself. For the Mom and Natalie, I'll wait for more story details but I'm interested. Hannah was fine. A bit aggressive but that's my kind of taste. I didn't care for Sang Hee and Junie. I'll probably need to see more from them.

Now I'll get right into the Victoria thing. I'll start by saying i rejected her offer when she threw herself at the MC in the bathroom. Right after that, i thought she was a bit of a weirdo. Women definitely have their own pride but no woman is that persistent. Honestly, the MC just trusting her that easily seemed far fetched. What made it even more jarring is that the MC specifically told her he wasn't into his family and she still did that to him anyway.

The MC is definitely the main victim here. I kind of lost some trust in Audrey. Sure Victoria tricked her into it but she actually went along with it. This is by no means some jealousy nonsense, at least from me personally. That she'd do that with a complete stranger isn't the problem. It's that she let another person pressure her into it and "persuaded" her to do it without even using any protection because her "friend" thought it was totally fine. That outcome in real life could be horrifying.

It wasn't all bad though, as i found the scene itself hot. I was definitely down for it but from the MC's pov, he wasn't yet(and Audrey too since she doesn't have a thing for him neither from what we can tell at this moment). This will be a great lesson for him and i hope this has ramifications for Audrey. Especially from the MC's side with their relationship being rocky leading up to it. She shouldn't be able to get away with being as reckless as she was in that scene after that lecture about the MC being too reckless. Victoria definitely can't get away with any of this.

I'm actually looking forward to next update. While i didn't like Victoria(and she definitely didn't help her case with that last scene), i wouldn't want the Dev to change his game. I genuinely want to see the outcome of this. I know Audrey is being tweaked a bit but i hope it's not too different as it's balanced now that they both made bad decisions. While the MC does have a bit of a problem he shouldn't be the only one making mistakes while everyone is trying to "fix" him.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Sure, there is a lot of background info missing but it's also clear, that the MC has a major dislike towards some and is uncomfortable with his family.

So far there is nobody who could stop me from going to the army. Depending on how the last scene is playing out.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Sure, there is a lot of background info missing but it's also clear, that the MC has a major dislike towards some and is uncomfortable with his family.

So far there is nobody who could stop me from going to the army. Depending on how the last scene is playing out.
What was it for the time frame before the MC joins the Army...two weeks was it? It will be interesting to see how the MC goes from burning bridges with everyone around him, to building a harem in that time frame.

And thank you Dev for some background, it confirmed a lot of what I thought about the MC. Fingers crossed that you're a hell of a storyteller.

Reactions: Mimir's Lab

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
What an absolute insipid and miserable twat the main character is. Holy shit he has everybody around him trying to reach out and repair whatever the fuck he thinks is wrong but it's like he has the mind of a 4 year old who can't even think for anybody other than himself. No thanks. That was bad.

Reactions: Jstforme and rdsxn

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
A bit of background info that will be revealed later, which I don't mind spoiling now since it changes nothing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seriously, how did you manage to write a top-notch script like that?
The most fascinating thing is the facial expressions of the characters are so detailed,it's way too realist.
Where did you find your references to modelise the facial expressions?

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
Promising start, surprising quantity of render for a 0.1V , gotta keep an eye on this one .
Wish you good luck dev!

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
It wasn't all bad though, as i found the scene itself hot. I was definitely down for it but from the MC's pov, he wasn't yet(and Audrey too since she doesn't have a thing for him neither from what we can tell at this moment). This will be a great lesson for him and i hope this has ramifications for Audrey. Especially from the MC's side with their relationship being rocky leading up to it. She shouldn't be able to get away with being as reckless as she was in that scene after that lecture about the MC being too reckless. Victoria definitely can't get away with any of this.

I'm actually looking forward to next update. While i didn't like Victoria(and she definitely didn't help her case with that last scene), i wouldn't want the Dev to change his game. I genuinely want to see the outcome of this. I know Audrey is being tweaked a bit but i hope it's not too different as it's balanced now that they both made bad decisions. While the MC does have a bit of a problem he shouldn't be the only one making mistakes while everyone is trying to "fix" him.
In my head, after thinking about the scene, is that Victoria maybe sensed some deeper feelings from Audrey when she talks about the MC with her. She said Aubrey talks about him a lot, and it's clear Aubrey and the MC are the closest of the bunch. Maybe in some twisted way Victoria was trying to help her by getting her to do something she'd otherwise never take the risk on? That's the only way I really see her justifying it anyway. Still doesn't make it less fucked up. I guess we'll find out in the next update!

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
Game looks good, but one of those games that feels like its a bit too much in love with its mc, im trying to fap here much better to have more first person views.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
The most fascinating thing is the facial expressions of the characters are so detailed,it's way too realist.
Where did you find your references to modelise the facial expressions?
Real life mostly, though sometimes I do look up those facial expression sheets. I kinda like psychology, so for every line of dialogue, I think about what is being said, how it's being said, and how the person who's saying it is feeling, and I combine those into the facial expression for that line. Sometimes it's a combination of emotions, sometimes people are hiding how they feel inside, or sometimes their facial expression reveals the lies in their words. My hope is that I did a good enough job at the expressions that if a psychologist plays this game, they'd know exactly what's wrong and when someone's lying :LOL:

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
It annoys me in games when my choices mean nothing and having that happen when i rejected Victoria aint it. I would understand if it was a kinetic novel but that doesnt seem to be the case. I did'nt even make it to the scene that others are pointing out, as soon as the first scene started with victoria I was already gone.
I'm with you on that. Everything with Victoria felt wrong, even before the ending with Audrey. Hannah would've been my first choice for the MC. I even made sure to check on Hannah when she fell, and how could someone not appreciate Junie, who had been looking after him everyday.

I understand that someone may want a sexual release with someone they feel nothing toward, but if you have already rejected someone once, it's not likely it's going to be with them.

Illusion of choice is worse than no choice. If you can't reject Victoria in the end, remove the option to reject her earlier in the bathroom. It will make more sense even if it still isn't what many would want.

Jack-Atlas

Sep 8, 2020
I feel like people who thinks a random woman or a woman that has zero relationship with MC and that woman had sex with a man is include NTR.... They Are people who has zero relationship with society... i mean c'mon, are you comin here just to have good second life with rainbow all over the place?

Note: i don't mean gay tag
We leave it to you to have a great relationship with society and I hardly see why our preferences are any of your concern.
if you like them dripping with someone else cum, good for you that's (your preference)
don't come here and tell us that our preference is shit.
and for love's sake stop bringing RL into this.

Edit: that last scene was shitty but not NTR

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
Dev, I really loved how you worked on the characters facial expressions.

I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Keep up the good work!

Some people on this forum urgently need to stop dictating what the devs should and shouldn't do just because they didn't like certain scenes. This is getting ridiculous.

Is there any plans for the mother as a li please say yes
animated-praying-smiley-image-0012.gif
I hope so but if not...oh well, life goes on.

Last edited:

ntrswitchoff

Oct 29, 2019
We leave it to you to have a great relationship with society and I hardly see why our preferences are any of your concern.
if you like them dripping with someone else cum, good for you that's (your preference)
don't come here and tell us that our preference is shit.
and for love's sake stop bringing RL into this.

Edit: that last scene was shitty but not NTR
There is a decent fix for that scene. When she gets on her knees, and her friend goads her to touch, she reaches but has second thoughts. She then puts her hand on his knee, and looks up his body to his head. She then notices the necklace, and you can give the player the chance to choose how she acts from there. Make the choice for her the hard incest route.

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes