VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

slavetolust

Jan 23, 2018
a very decent debut. Better than most on this site, to be honest. The only messed up thing was the ending, but im glad to see the dev figured it out already. And im really curious, how long did it take you to make ep1? Good luck in continuing

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Just finished, pretty decent for a debut. If quality keeps up it will be worthy of patronage. The models are decent, but the writing is the thing I like the most so far. Good luck for future endeavours.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

CoryF

Game Developer
May 11, 2017
I hope Victoria does not become an integral part of the story. I don't like her and I outright rejected her the first meeting. I seriously would have blocked her number when she tried to call.

I don't want her and don't want to be her friend either. I hope you give us the choice.

Otherwise, I enjoy the game and I am glad you are changing Audrey's reaction. She's a good girl who should not cave at all to Victoria. In fact she should get angry with her and leave.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Mimir's Lab, I have a question about the Incest tag and the 'unauthorized' patch. I know that Patreon will never allow incest in a game on their site, and that patches are the standard 'get-around'. Given that, why is the patch unauthorized? By adding the tag, you obviously mean for incest to be a part of the experience. So why isn't the patch by you?

If the providers of the tag are part of your team, fine. Or if you handed the patch to trusted allies, I guess that's fine too. But the way this has been handled gives me pause as to whether the patch will be maintained properly in the future, especially since the existing patch replaces most (22) scripts in the download.

I've downloaded the game and am looking forward to trying it. Thank you for providing what looks to be a very interesting game.

horstg

Sep 10, 2020
I think, if the patch is official, Patreon can (and will) fuck you. If you, as a dev, can atleast claim to not be involved with any patch, they can't do anything...

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss
Jan 23, 2021
Mimir's Lab, I have a question about the Incest tag and the 'unauthorized' patch. I know that Patreon will never allow incest in a game on their site, and that patches are the standard 'get-around'. Given that, why is the patch unauthorized? By adding the tag, you obviously mean for incest to be a part of the experience. So why isn't the patch by you?

If the providers of the tag are part of your team, fine. Or if you handed the patch to trusted allies, I guess that's fine too. But the way this has been handled gives me pause as to whether the patch will be maintained properly in the future, especially since the existing patch replaces most (22) scripts in the download.

I've downloaded the game and am looking forward to trying it. Thank you for providing what looks to be a very interesting game.
You have my word I will see this game through and through!

Reactions: Walter Victor

w123t4

May 26, 2019
This game have true potential! Not only the model of characters but also the story is so real. Many incest games in this forum starting by mc suddenly have an interest with their sisters or mother with no reason and peek or touch them if he has any changes. While this game the sibling will have to struggle about their relationship and can only confess their true feeling about each other after some incidents, it makes the story so real that may really happening in the reality and we may wonder if the incest problem mc facing are really happening to the incest people in the reality too.:unsure:
For the Audrey question, personally I think it is ok with Audrey to do all the way with a stranger. We all know that how friend's influence affect teenager to do things which they don't by themselves, Audrey find Victoria to teach her about sex mean she actually have the curiosity to learn more and want to change herself, it is not surprise Victoria can use her curiosity to convince her to cross the line. However, if the setting of Audrey make Audrey can really hold her red line I totally ok with it, just see how the developer want to set the character to be like, but don't change anything by people's pressure because they don't like it, stay strong with what you want the character to be is fine.:whistle:
Though I think it will be more dramatic to end like when Audrey/mc find out they were having sex with each other after finishing the sex scene that mc cum on her or even creampie her. Both of them will be confused and need to confess their feeling or deal with what had happened, which will progress the story develop quickly.:geek:
About the story, so many misty in ch1! Why mum hate mc so much and father is not at home? How is the war happening and why it affects the story? What makes mc make his decision and hate Natalie so much? How will mc develop and confess his true feeling when it starts with feeling disgust or afraid to change the original relationships to incest with siblings. So many questions that I wish we can solve them in ch2 or the future updates.:)
Besides form the story, I want to ask about the system setting of the game. Which kind of harem are we talking about? The kind of harem that we can have multiple relationship at the same time but we need to finally choose one or we can have multiple relationship at the same time and get all the girls at the end? It is important to ask that because both of them are harem but it leads to a total different way, better to ask it at the beginning.:unsure:
Moreover, how is the character impression system in this game work? Do we need to choose the right answer every time if we want to go into that character's ending or have a point system that +1 when choosing the correct answer and count the highest in order to get into the specific path? Right now the choices in the game are just a few and don't seen any important effect in the future by choosing them,maybe it will have more choices in the next update?:unsure:
Overall, this is a great new game that make me impress which the last one did is a few months ago. I am definitely putting this game on my playlist and recommend it to my other adult visual novel game lover friends, looking forward for your next update and thank you Mimir's Lab for bring us this great game!:love:

Reactions: erg1986

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
I honestly don't know where everyone is getting the idea of Audrey being inlove with the MC, or even saying that she is easily manipulated by victoria since that was the very first scene we see both of them(Audrey and victoria) together or even an indication of victoria somehow knowing that audrey has a thing for her little bro so she masterplanned that ending.. unless there is a scene i missed somewhere in the middle of the game?

Reactions: erg1986

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
Why is it that even though I reject a girl she still somehow manages to blow MC?

I see a Romance tag.
If Harem or fuckfest is obligatory, then there is no romance.
"You're not enough for me," "I'll get around to you," and every other harem proposition that is acted out is aromantic.
The moment you have two chicks, you split your attention to them in half.
Nice.
Romance and Harem are incompatible.
And if people still disagree with reality, then we need a Monogamy tag or something to allow for the distinction because myself and others keep getting blindsided by "options" "making a difference".

MC is emasculated.
Everyone knows that women are superior fighters and athletes to men... in every piece of media produced in the past decade or so.
He'll die in boot camp.
At least he's not the standard not-a-12-year-old.

Otherwise, it's very well done.

The overall aesthetic is very pleasant.
You set the scene very well.

The quality of the images have obvious "amateurish"(specifically low detail) elements, but this kind of thing doesn't ever bother me where it doesn't matter.
Detail matters when denoting key elements (ie. age) and time investment continues from that point.
Of course high detail can be very nice.
But you'll be able to produce more in less time.
I'm already sure you know not to cut corners where you shouldn't.

Is the mother on the table?
She's ornery and I can't say I dislike that.
It's definitely believable.
But I believe MC is too much of a boy to grab her attention as a man.
Would be good character development, but you can't undo his emasculation in 3 weeks without magic or science fiction.
My interest won't matter if this is strictly Harem.

Reactions: Mimir's Lab

Xiphais

Feb 14, 2018
Really well done for the first release. I like realism aspect of it like interaction between characters and your writing didn't make it seems boring at all. Also I appreciate the deep connection between the siblings unlike most other VNs potrays these days.
Personal opinion: Everything was good except for the last part. It kinda disappointed me. I was really hoping that Audrey would back up cause she doesn't wanna sleep with a random stranger. But Victoria made her do it anyway. Even if it was MC but she didn't know that so that doesn't count and even if she accepts it later (somehow) that doesn't make anything better. That just contradicts what she wants before.
Sorry if it seems im making a big deal out of simple matter. it's just my opinion, it's your game your story you can do whatever you want. But I'll check your next chapter to see what happens next to see what explanation Victoria has, but what's has been done cannot be undone.
Sorry for broken English

DoranDuck

May 10, 2017
Played it, really liked the models you have used, and the soundscape used was very good, I hope you will add the appropriate SFX to the Kissing and sex scenes, and of course a gallery at some point.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Why is it that even though I reject a girl she still somehow manages to blow MC?

I see a Romance tag.
If Harem or fuckfest is obligatory, then there is no romance.
"You're not enough for me," "I'll get around to you," and every other harem proposition that is acted out is aromantic.
The moment you have two chicks, you split your attention to them in half.
Nice.
Romance and Harem are incompatible.
And if people still disagree with reality, then we need a Monogamy tag or something to allow for the distinction because myself and others keep getting blindsided by "options" "making a difference".
Are Harem and romance incompatible? Really?

You said it yourself. "If people disagree with reality". The key word is "reality".

99% of games on this site are just that, games. A fantasy, and they serve to fulfill it. If in a game it is compatible for the MC to have multiple girlfriends and with all of them be loving, kind and romantic without neglecting any of them, I will definitely take it. There are several Harem and romance games that accomplish this in the right way.

I don't know about others, but when I play a Harem+Romance game I'm not looking for a fuckfest, I'm looking for a genuine and real romance story. Can I get a story like that in a game that isn't harem? Of course.

But... If I have the possibility to have more than one romance story in the same game without being penalized for dating more than one girl? I'll obviously take the opportunity to do so.

In real life it can be different, no doubt. But, in a game, Harem and romance are perfectly compatible just as Incest and vaginal sex are.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I will say after reading several of the reactions in the story:
  • This is the start of the story. You cannot have fully fleshed out characters, understanding their motivations, and everything in a version 0.1 first release. This will come.
  • For those who complain about the sex scene, again - we don't know the character. We know they presented one way but did something completely different in the scene. While this might be out of character (as the dev said they are changing), you don't know for sure.
  • Dev, realize, this is your story, do with it as you will.
  • It is really hard to get a story which is captivating, shows some skin, and hits several types of players so they dev can make some money and keep doing the game. Don't know the dev's motivations, don't care. For a V0.1, this was fucking awesome.

My overall point is this is really damn early in the process, each release will build on other releases until the final story is released. Tweaks and changes are to be expected. Excellent start.

Toksicz

Aug 21, 2019
Amazing first update. Really liked everything, the mystery, the girls(especially San), they were all great Except the way sex scenes were used. This is my own personal preference, but I think sex scenes are better when there is some kind of dialogue(even "mmm"s and "haah"s and "ohh"s) happening rather than just straight slides. Best of the best games like OILT, AHITR etc all have that, it helps elevate the sex scenes alot. Just my little preference.

Lordisigler

Sep 29, 2019
So again here we are, a game with the first release being 10/10. Now I cant wait for the developer to abandon yet another game I love. I can feel the disappointment coming :( .
VN devs suffer from the same illnesses as the manga artists of The 2000s. But it's not just sickness/overwork excuses, it's also either hardware issues or a sick grandma.

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes