VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
After giving it some thought, I will be changing the ending to EP1. I am with you guys when you say it's out of character for Audrey. While I still do think it's a decision she's capable of making, she wouldn't have gone all the way, nor quietly. For people who liked the current ending, don't be alarmed. This isn't me "caving into demands" or anything. It's a change that I support because it makes sense. It also doesn't change the trajectory of the story in the grand scheme of things.
So a retcon of the sex scene? D:

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Her awareness is the most important thing, because she thought she was having sex with some random guy. So from the MC's point of view she cheated on him with this random guy. The fact that he himself is this random guy doesn't matter.
I mean it isn't ntr, is quite shitty that even if she likes the mc she will be able to sleep with a random man and it kinda ruin the character but it isn't ntr.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
After giving it some thought, I will be changing the ending to EP1. I am with you guys when you say it's out of character for Audrey. While I still do think it's a decision she's capable of making, she wouldn't have gone all the way, nor quietly. For people who liked the current ending, don't be alarmed. This isn't me "caving into demands" or anything. It's a change that I support because it makes sense. It also doesn't change the trajectory of the story in the grand scheme of things.
Good call, it is specially weird for a character like Audrey to act like that.

Reactions: EJW

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Honestly that's a wise decision, i also feel that going by what we have seen from her character, she absolutely would do that stuff, especially with the amount of pressure Victoria was putting on her, but i just couldn't see her going all the way. It just felt off.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Wait, you mean she is the type of girl that will totally blow a random guy even if she loves the mc? But hey, at least she isn't going all the way. Like seriously?

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Wait, you mean she is the type of girl that will totally blow a random guy even if she loves the mc? But hey, at least she isn't going all the way. Like seriously?
I think what he meant was that she's pretty easy to manipulate, Victoria played her with ease. But she should still have enough in her to object going all the way, which she didn't in the scene itself, so that's my main problem with it. But it's getting rectified so it's fine.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
I think what he meant was that she's pretty easy to manipulate, Victoria played her with ease. But she should still have enough in her to object going all the way, which she didn't in the scene itself, so that's my main problem with it. But it's getting rectified so it's fine.
So as long as she stop for a second and tells Victoria "I can't fuck him i love mc, but sucking this random dick is perfectly fine, im sure mc don't mind" then we are oki doki?

introvtx

May 6, 2017
After giving it some thought, I will be changing the ending to EP1. I am with you guys when you say it's out of character for Audrey. While I still do think it's a decision she's capable of making, she wouldn't have gone all the way, nor quietly.
I'm alright with the current, peer pressure is a hell of thing. but yeah I think it's a wise decision for numbers of reason.
For people who liked the current ending, don't be alarmed. This isn't me "caving into demands" or anything. It's a change that I support because it makes sense. It also doesn't change the trajectory of the story in the grand scheme of things.
I sure hope so... I certainly don't want the game to suddenly rewritten to a generic mc-cockdrunk landlady and roomate or MC is the incarnation of Sex God on earth like when he speaks she leaks type of deal :ROFLMAO:. It's nice that the girls have they're own personality and backstory.
Her awareness is the most important thing, because she thought she was having sex with some random guy. So from the MC's point of view she cheated on him with this random guy. The fact that he himself is this random guy doesn't matter.
I uhh what? how is she cheating if they're not in a relationship?
But I think it's gonna be a minor change like she still did everything except going all the way and I'm alright with that.

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I checked this out.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With that out of the way, the rest of my feedback.

The dialogue is excellent. I hope you keep up the quality. We don't know the drama goin on between the mc and one of his sisters, and with her and his mom he acts like a child. It's hard to judge though. We don't know everything, only that mom is threatening to evict the mc and as such the mc is clearly uncomfortable, and uninterested in talking with her or eating her food. The game hints at more, but it's the end.

The renders in general are fantastic too. They fit the dialogue and theme well. The animations are a little clunky, but they aren't bad.

I hope we don't see too much of Thomas, though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

delacroix2

Nov 19, 2020
Wow, I loved the game, all the characters and the story! The dramatic music is great!. I didn't like the ending I think it was rushed and doesn't match Audrey's personality - (just my opinion) .Thanks! nice work

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Yup, I think allowing something to happen isn't a bad thing but going all the way? Also isn't she a virgin? If so it's pretty weird. I'm with you for the changes, good luck.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Game looks quite good so far, good luck. But as a proudful european, I must say it isn't called soccer, it is football.

I'm removing the lesbian and cheating tags, I don't want people to get the wrong ideas about what I'm doing here. Only time the girls get into lesbian situations is in a threesome with the MC.
EL PLAN.

• Haha
Reactions: Mimir's Lab

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Just my $0.02 re:the end scene:

The way I see it, there's only really two ways of dealing with that scene that respect Audrey's character and keep the players happy. Either Audrey is only there as audience, or she already knows that it's the MC before doing anything (or maybe both). Victoria must have had some inkling that Audrey liked the MC before then otherwise she wouldn't have set the entire thing up, so maybe Victoria saying something like "[MC]'s blind and deaf, he'd never know if you didn't tell him, this is your chance to fulfill your fantasy" before they do anything or just play the scene as is but with Victoria being the one doing the fucking (with the added benefit of not literally raping the MC (as someone else pointed out, MC had consented to being with Victoria, not anyone else, sex without consent is rape)).

Aside from that, a good start. Though as others have pointed out, MC does fall a little into the "emotionless brooding MC" stereotype that seems to be prevalent. Looking forward to the next version and the rewrite of the last scene.

dredremaster

Dec 6, 2017
Good Call. Its best to change the scene if it ends up misrepresenting the characters involved.Despite my previous suppositions,I agree with everyone who felt Audrey jumping all the way to 3rd and 4th base the way she had was quite a leap for her character in a weird direction and look forward to the changes that better reflect the Audrey you want us to know.

Reactions: CoryF
4.50 star(s) 38 Votes