VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
the renders look great compared to the usual HoneySelect-based models i see in VNs

Reactions: JjJ5

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
This would be an easy 5/5 with some sounds in the sex scenes and a rework of that last scene in 0.1

Reactions: DoranDuck

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Oh, that's a pretty good story and renders so far, I like it.
In the last scene with Victoria, it would have been nice to have a say in it if you want to or not
but I guess the story would not work out as the Dev imagined.

Oh Dear, I see a storm coming up when Audrey and MC realize what happened.
MC pissed at his sister for not keeping her mouth shut and Audrey... I'm not sure.
She didn't look that happy... ^^

TheAshina

Oct 5, 2017
Game is fresh out the oven and people already having those discussions in the comments bruh. We are all on the same page but you guys should take it easy on developers.
Let people write some twisty/serious storylines.
I'm a life-long nemesis of ntr tho.

Reactions: Walter Victor

introvtx

May 6, 2017
I will say after reading several of the reactions in the story:
  • This is the start of the story. You cannot have fully fleshed out characters, understanding their motivations, and everything in a version 0.1 first release. This will come.
  • For those who complain about the sex scene, again - we don't know the character. We know they presented one way but did something completely different in the scene. While this might be out of character (as the dev said they are changing), you don't know for sure.
  • Dev, realize, this is your story, do with it as you will.
  • It is really hard to get a story which is captivating, shows some skin, and hits several types of players so they dev can make some money and keep doing the game. Don't know the dev's motivations, don't care. For a V0.1, this was fucking awesome.

My overall point is this is really damn early in the process, each release will build on other releases until the final story is released. Tweaks and changes are to be expected. Excellent start.
Yeah, the fact that this is some kind of episodic release not a full game doesn't help the dev. Most people want the characters to be what they want and see them as they want to see them, so as soon as they see something they don't like they bitch about it... which is fair of course. But please we still don't know the full story. We even don't know why the hell mc wants to be in the army (there's some speculation I know) and the conflict between him and the parents and also Natalie.

Faller44

Jan 7, 2022
So I have some strong opinions about the game and I broke my registration virginity. Yay.
Firstly, great job. I was really engaged in the narrative. Pictures, animations - top notch.
Secondly, this really should have the "rape" tag and probably an in-game warning. I understand that the dev said they're gonna change the scene, but in the current version the game the main character is unavoidably getting raped. I'm not trying to be a twitter user here, but if you think without a dick in hand for a second you should realize how disturbing and disgusting that was.
I would have not mentioned it if I didn't like the game to begin with.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
From what I gathered; the MC depended on his sisters to fight his bullies for him. Being a parent myself, I understand where his mother is coming with the MC's attitude and giving him a month...she is generous to give that much time. From what we've seen so far, the MC is an asshole to people, and more than likely brings the problems he has on himself with his attitude. Maybe he wants to join the Army to die, because he's a coward that lets others fight for him, and thinks the Army can help him become a man. Where the MC thinks to himself that he can single handedly reverse the course of the war by joining up, really makes no sense...I mean the dude is such a coward, he hid behind a bush to avoid his sister, and now he thinks he's ready to charge the front lines in a war????? MC really isn't a very likeable character to me.

With this Audrey debate, you guys do realize that innocent girls are supremely easy to manipulate right? Victoria is a predator, and has been working Audrey for a long time at college...how is it so unbelievable Audrey graduates to the next level on the corruption ladder?

BeenThroughHell

Sep 10, 2020
That was amazing. The story really caught my attention. It has the drama,problems and everything. And also the mystery in each characters. I have so many questions needed to be answer.i'll give rate this 9.5/10, i just cant wait for the next episode.

Aug 28, 2017
After giving it some thought, I will be changing the ending to EP1. I am with you guys when you say it's out of character for Audrey. While I still do think it's a decision she's capable of making, she wouldn't have gone all the way, nor quietly. For people who liked the current ending, don't be alarmed. This isn't me "caving into demands" or anything. It's a change that I support because it makes sense. It also doesn't change the trajectory of the story in the grand scheme of things.
It's great that:

1- You are willing to accept other opinions and listen to your fans.

2- You already have a "grand scheme of things", which is very rare. Most devs now release a stellar first few versions, milk it for a while, then abandon the game. I'm glad that you already have plan.

3- Good luck and have fun.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The problem I see with the sex scene is that the developer claims that the game contains 'romance'. But that scene was ridiculously unromantic. In a way ironic, and sexy to my jaded eyes, but definitely not romantic.

Whatever, the developer has committed to rethinking the scene. I thought up a way to do that, but I'm not going to inflict my development ideas on any developer. And regardless of how he changes the game, or even if he doesn't, I look forward to the next Episode.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
From what I gathered; the MC depended on his sisters to fight his bullies for him. Being a parent myself, I understand where his mother is coming with the MC's attitude and giving him a month...she is generous to give that much time. From what we've seen so far, the MC is an asshole to people, and more than likely brings the problems he has on himself with his attitude. Maybe he wants to join the Army to die, because he's a coward that lets others fight for him, and thinks the Army can help him become a man. Where the MC thinks to himself that he can single handedly reverse the course of the war by joining up, really makes no sense...I mean the dude is such a coward, he hid behind a bush to avoid his sister, and now he thinks he's ready to charge the front lines in a war????? MC really isn't a very likeable character to me.

With this Audrey debate, you guys do realize that innocent girls are supremely easy to manipulate right? Victoria is a predator, and has been working Audrey for a long time at college...how is it so unbelievable Audrey graduates to the next level on the corruption ladder?
Where did you get the idea that he lets his sisters fight the bullies for him ? sounds like he's a misfit but def not a coward. The game specifically tells you that he and Hannah used to get into fights together not him hiding behind her. hiding behind the bushes came off like a joke not actually trying to hide from her. How the hell would it even work when theres a strange girl in the house LUL ? Why would he even try to hide from Hannah ? he likes her. its very easy to tell that he ignores the people he doesn't like.

Who was he an asshole to ? the strange person that that shows up at his door and acts like a weird stalker on purpose in order to creep him out ? or the mother that says shit like "Your father won't notice his absence just like he didn't notice yours" Even if this was true, what a horrible thing to say. She's really abusive.

In regards to the ending scene i think it should be removed altogether not just changing it to a lesser scene. The scene ruins both Victoria and Audrey.
Scenes like this might work out in a game that's very light hearted or ridiculous in tone but if you try to imagine it in any sort of realistic way its just monstrous.

Besides the ending i really liked it.

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Where did you get the idea that he lets his sisters fight the bullies for him?
For the most part as I recall... one sister says she was a member of the "teagan duo" in highschool, but that it was more of a he was a damsel in distress and she was the knight who rescued him. Considering the mc could barely outjog his sister only if she fell in the dirt I wouldn't be surprised. She also mentions how she got new punchbags and that it feels like she's boxing with him in spirit. The connotation here is that in a boxing match between the two, he would be basically a punching bag.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
For the most part as I recall... one sister says she was a member of the "teagan duo" in highschool, but that it was more of a he was a damsel in distress and she was the knight who rescued him. Considering the mc could barely outjog his sister only if she fell in the dirt I wouldn't be surprised. She also mentions how she got new punchbags and that it feels like she's boxing with him in spirit. The connotation here is that in a boxing match between the two, he would be basically a punching bag.
its not how i interpreted things. To me it seams like just joking around. If im wrong and the MC is actually a whimpy punching bag il be the first one to drop this game. Endurance is also one of the things that you quickly lose if you dont train regularly. Its way faster than simply losing muscle mass

• Thinking Face
Reactions: erg1986

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Where did you get the idea that he lets his sisters fight the bullies for him ? sounds like he's a misfit but def not a coward. The game specifically tells you that he and Hannah used to get into fights together not him hiding behind her. hiding behind the bushes came off like a joke not actually trying to hide from her. How the hell would it even work when theres a strange girl in the house LUL ? Why would he even try to hide from Hannah ? he likes her. its very easy to tell that he ignores the people he doesn't like.

Who was he an asshole to ? the strange person that that shows up at his door and acts like a weird stalker on purpose in order to creep him out ? or the mother that says shit like "Your father won't notice his absence just like he didn't notice yours" Even if this was true, what a horrible thing to say. She's really abusive.

In regards to the ending scene i think it should be removed altogether not just changing it to a lesser scene. The scene ruins both Victoria and Audrey.
Scenes like this might work out in a game that's very light hearted or ridiculous in tone but if you try to imagine it in any sort of realistic way its just monstrous.

Besides the ending i really liked it.
I remember their conversation a little differently I guess...Hannah said/implied the MC would get cornered and bullied/start a fight, and she would come in and kick their asses protecting her little bro...they fought together, yes, but it seemed to me that Hannah did most/all of the ass kicking. I believe Audrey implied the same thing about the duo. Also, if the MC was a fighter, why did he suddenly stop, and become an introvert when Hannah left for college? To me, that says he isn't a fighter of any sort, and heavily relied on Hannah to get him out of trouble.

The bushes part didn't seem like a joke to me...no smile or teehee, don't tell my sister I'm here...to be fair it didn't come off as fear of Hannah, more like he genuinely didn't want to see/talk to her.

Being an asshole is how he treated Audrey when he broke the news about joining the Army...was pretty cold how he responded to her why's...definitely an ass to his mom, and oldest sis...I'm sure we'll get the backstory to why's, but the fact that the oldest sis has no clue why the MC literally hates her is indicative to a misunderstanding that the MC blew way out of proportion...but we'll see on that front.

The whole lose your cherry conversation between Audrey and Victoria seemed to me like a continuing debate between them, and Victoria worming her way of thinking into Audrey's head finally broke through. What Victoria did was fucked up, no doubt, but it also could have been a lot worse too.

To wrap this up, my opinions on the actions of the MC this first chapter doesn't shine a very positive light on him, but I'll hold further comments till we get some backstory to the why's.

Last edited:

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
. I believe Audrey implied the same thing about the duo. Also, if the MC was a fighter, why did he suddenly stop, and become an introvert when Hannah left for college? To me, that says he isn't a fighter of any sort, and heavily relied on Hannah to get him out of trouble.
I'm a introvert. when i was bullied in 6th grade a kid just persisted too long and eventually i had enough and just punched him in the face. Until like 10 grade that was pretty much my first response to people bothering me. It didn't make me an extrovert or popular :LUL:.People surprisingly don't want to hang around with someone that starts swinging when provoked. Now unless you are stupid you eventually have to admit that punching people in the face as a defensive macanism is a very terrible idea and make some changes to your life. people might be able to excuse a kid doing it but when you are an adult that shit wont fly.

Reactions: Simulacrum29

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I'm a introvert. when i was bullied in 6th grade a kid just persisted too long and eventually i had enough and just punched him in the face. Until like 10 grade that was pretty much my first response to people bothering me. It didn't make me an extrovert or popular :LUL:.People surprisingly don't want to hang around with someone that starts swinging when provoked. Now unless you are stupid you eventually have to admit that punching people in the face as a defensive macanism is a very terrible idea and make some changes to your life. people might be able to excuse a kid doing it but when you are an adult that shit wont fly.
What you said is all true. I was in a lot of fights growing up, I lived for the adrenalin rush, and the feeling when your opponent is on the ground no longer wanting to fight. Maybe it was different with my experience, because I fought people that deserved it, and most of the school respected/feared me as a result (probably also helped that I was on the football and swim team)...the girls where I lived, appreciated hanging on the arm of someone most people knew not to fuck with. **another factor to our comparative experiences is generational I'm sure...I grew up in the 90's, before beta males were all the rage, like today**
Hannah for example did what people who are good at fighting do...took up martial arts...continue to train/fight for the love of the rush. MC never took up anything, he doesn't even jog, and definitely doesn't display any of the traits of someone that was victorious in fighting.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 38 Votes