VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

ChippyP

Aug 24, 2016
The writing is actually pretty decent in general, enough to get me invested in the characters and their dynamics. Personally I'd like more dialogue options, a little more choice in who the protagonist interacts with, and more consistency with the choices you make. Going from rejecting Victoria one day to hooking up with her the next is honestly very jarring. And I know I'm in the minority with this sentiment, but in such a plot focused game, a cleaner route that mostly avoids any explicit sex would honestly be pretty nice.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I finished the rework and I'll say it changed nothing? It was just a cast swap during the sex. Victoria scene was hot as hell by the way. Maybe it's a recency bias thing because i just finished but her scene was better than the Audrey one somehow. She's still manipulative as hell but she's definitely hot.

Also it seems like my concern was a bit too unwarranted since it ended basically the same. With this ending, i don't have any concerns about the story changing much, if at all. Only difference is that instead of Audrey being coerced into fucking her brother, unknowingly, she's going to be guilty of masturbating to her brother, who she thought was a stranger. Literally the only difference was no penetration for Audrey and the reverse for Victoria.

Also with this change, this also brought an interesting discussion. If we're really going with the notion from earlier that Audrey was "secretly" in love with the MC the entire time, isn't this the worse outcome? Not only did Victoria take the MC's virginity(?) but she made Audrey watch her the whole time while it happened, knowing full well that she loved her brother so much, supposedly. Isn't that like even more terrible? Especially for those who hate Victoria for the whole manipulation thing. Lesser of 2 evils?

This above isn't aimed at the dev or anyone in general. Just thoughts i had left over from what people were saying earlier before i played. I still feel the exact same as i did at the end of the first one. I still can't wait for the outcome of this part. The only difference is that instead of fucking her brother herself she watched her "friend" fuck her brother she apparently loves in front of her. How the hell is Victoria going to survive this one? Also won't Audrey be 100 times more conflicted about the whole thing now since her friend and brother hooked up? There's no way she going to be fine with hooking up with him that soon after this. :unsure:

This is going to be on my mind for a while. Thinking about all the possibilities and that's not even factoring in the Mom and Eldest Sister stuff too.
I understand what you are saying. I thought so too. I see it as follows:

1.- In the first scenario, Victoria blackmailing Audrey to fuck a stranger (who is actually the MC, her brother), the clear victims are Audrey and the MC. Audrey realizes, Victoria would feel no remorse in doing so. She would be happy or even give a damn. Meanwhile, the relationship between Audrey and the MC would be on the rocks thanks to this while Victoria could try to let them know that it's not so bad and Victoria, thanks to her being a blackmailer and a shitty friend, would be left as the "heroine" of the story since thanks to her, Audrey and the MC accepted her feelings. And this would be Victoria's bullshit pretext for the MC and Audrey to forgive her. "Sorry for blackmailing your sister into fucking you. I feel terrible, but it served to make you guys realize you're in love." Victoria might look like a victim, but she would be an irredeemable victim for what she did.

2.- In the second scenario, Victoria fucking the MC making Audrey look at them, seems to me a more redeemable scenario for everyone. The MC would still be a victim, Audrey too but to a lesser extent and Victoria would come off as a shitty friend, but not a blackmailer. Also, Audrey would keep her virginity as she wants it for a special person on a special occasion. (Also his brother. But this time being aware of it and genuinely wanting to do it) This would be a sincere pretext for Victoria to truly redeem herself. "I fucked your brother to give you sex lessons. I screwed up and I am genuinely sorry. But hey, at least I didn't blackmail you into losing your virginity to a supposed stranger."

I think both scenarios are strong enough to create the necessary drama. Both have their pros and cons. But, as I said, I personally think the second scenario is more redeemable for everyone.

If we look at it negatively, it's basically "I blackmail you into secretly fucking your brother because I want to help you but I'm a blackmailer and a shitty friend" or "I fuck your brother without you knowing while forcing you to watch so you learn because I want to help you but I'm a shitty friend." :KEK:

Anyway, that's my way of looking at it. I find more pros to the second scenario than to the first.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021

1.- In the first scenario, Victoria blackmailing Audrey to fuck a stranger (who is actually the MC, her brother), the clear victims are Audrey and the MC. Audrey realizes, Victoria would feel no remorse in doing so. She would be happy or even give a damn. Meanwhile, the relationship between Audrey and the MC would be on the rocks thanks to this while Victoria could try to let them know that it's not so bad and Victoria, thanks to her being a blackmailer and a shitty friend, would be left as the "heroine" of the story since thanks to her, Audrey and the MC accepted her feelings. And this would be Victoria's bullshit pretext for the MC and Audrey to forgive her. "Sorry for blackmailing your sister into fucking you. I feel terrible, but it served to make you guys realize you're in love." Victoria might look like a victim, but she would be an irredeemable victim for what she did.

2.- In the second scenario, Victoria fucking the MC making Audrey look at them, seems to me a more redeemable scenario for everyone. The MC would still be a victim, Audrey too but to a lesser extent and Victoria would come off as a shitty friend, but not a blackmailer. Also, Audrey would keep her virginity as she wants it for a special person on a special occasion. (Also his brother. But this time being aware of it and genuinely wanting to do it) This would be a sincere pretext for Victoria to truly redeem herself. "I fucked your brother to give you sex lessons. I screwed up and I am genuinely sorry. But hey, at least I didn't blackmail you into losing your virginity to a supposed stranger."

I think both scenarios are strong enough to create the necessary drama. Both have their pros and cons. But, as I said, I personally think the second scenario is more redeemable for everyone.

If we look at it negatively, it's basically "I blackmail you into secretly fucking your brother because I want to help you but I'm a blackmailer and a shitty friend" or "I fuck your brother without you knowing while forcing you to watch so you learn because I want to help you but I'm a shitty friend." :KEK:

Anyway, that's my way of looking at it. I find more pros to the second scenario than to the first.
The scenario would be vastly improved if Victoria was secretly MC's girlfriend and Audrey's best friend in whom she confides her more-than-sisterly interest in MC. Victoria could be OK with sharing MC with Audrey, so she arranges it such that Audrey walks in on her and MC being intimate. Victoria could then serve as the catalyst for Audrey to admit her feelings to MC. This would require a re-write of the scenes with Victoria and a few re-writes concerning MC's demeanor, but would be the path that fits best in my mind.

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
Massive improvement with that change, didn't make any sense based on how the characters were presented in the build up.
Yes lack of meaningful options in this part but I assume this is the basic prologue setup and we will get meaningful choices in the future?
Hopefully one where we tell mom to fuck off.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

I feel The second scenario is actually way more unforgivable because Victoria tried to convince her and when that failed she decided to fuck him herself while making sure she watched instead of just ending it there, which would have been the forgivable choice.

Even if she could forgive the initial coercion part it's unlikely that she'll just forgot her friend fucked her brother. And i doubt she'll all of a sudden just decide that she's next after that whole ordeal. There's no way any of them would pass off what Victoria did as just being a shitty friend in the scenario.

You also have to factor in the MC. Who isn't into incest at this moment. He's also pretty angry with Audrey at the time and it's the only reason he visited Victoria. Not to mention we don't even know if Victoria intentions were even genuine from the start. From his perspective, if he founds out Victoria tried to trick him and his sister just watched, he will definitely treat them coldly. Under normal conditions he might not be that hostile but prior to that whole scene Victoria tried to coerce him into saying he wants to fuck his family. Now imagine the outcome after removing the blindfold after she tried to do that and seeing your sister in front of you after sex. While we keep looking at Audrey's reaction and what she will and won't accept, we're forgetting the MC.

This is all hypothetical though and really we won't know anything until next update but it's fun to speculate and discuss.

Reactions: Simulacrum29

Pablor

May 29, 2017
I have seen both versions, and i think the first one was much better ..at least different, more shocking with the sister having sex so soon, now is more similar to the hundreds games out there ..the game is great btw but i prefer the first version thinking how the sister will behave with her brother after sex ..i think it has much more possibilities

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
I have seen both versions, and i think the first one was much better ..at least different, more shocking with the sister having sex so soon, now is more similar to the hundreds games out there ..the game is great btw but i prefer the first version thinking how the sister will behave with her brother after sex ..i think it has much more possibilities
Well the first version was different, but it also went against Audrey's character. That's why it was changed. Mimir wasn't really paying attention when he got to that part and just tunnel visioned in a sexscene.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I finished the rework and I'll say it changed nothing? It was just a cast swap during the sex. Victoria scene was hot as hell by the way. Maybe it's a recency bias thing because i just finished but her scene was better than the Audrey one somehow. She's still manipulative as hell but she's definitely hot.

Also it seems like my concern was a bit too unwarranted since it ended basically the same. With this ending, i don't have any concerns about the story changing much, if at all. Only difference is that instead of Audrey being coerced into fucking her brother, unknowingly, she's going to be guilty of masturbating to her brother, who she thought was a stranger. Literally the only difference was no penetration for Audrey and the reverse for Victoria.

Also with this change, this also brought an interesting discussion. If we're really going with the notion from earlier that Audrey was "secretly" in love with the MC the entire time, isn't this the worse outcome? Not only did Victoria take the MC's virginity(?) but she made Audrey watch her the whole time while it happened, knowing full well that she loved her brother so much, supposedly. Isn't that like even more terrible? Especially for those who hate Victoria for the whole manipulation thing. Lesser of 2 evils?

This above isn't aimed at the dev or anyone in general. Just thoughts i had left over from what people were saying earlier before i played. I still feel the exact same as i did at the end of the first one. I still can't wait for the outcome of this part. The only difference is that instead of fucking her brother herself she watched her "friend" fuck her brother she apparently loves in front of her. How the hell is Victoria going to survive this one? Also won't Audrey be 100 times more conflicted about the whole thing now since her friend and brother hooked up? There's no way she going to be fine with hooking up with him that soon after this. :unsure:

This is going to be on my mind for a while. Thinking about all the possibilities and that's not even factoring in the Mom and Eldest Sister stuff too.

It did changed something, it changed the inconsistency that the previous had within Audrey's character and her actions in that scene. The new one is more consistent. And it change the "rape" element, since the MC did agree to be intimate with Victoria

Last edited:
Reactions: Paranoid_android

CiaoNima

Jul 29, 2020
Three weeks is the time frame I need to wrap up the MC's first inner journey. If there's no interest in the game, that's a good stopping point for me. I won't say anymore as we'd get into spoiler territory.
I don't think you are going to have problems with people being not interested in this game

For me the game is very interesting
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was also kind of put off by that scene(after done jerking off to it ofc) but not really that much, the scene could've been done a bit differently, I believe that it wasn't really necessary to jump to the sex, maybe a blowjob or even a handjob then her looking at the keychain would've been enough to proceed to the next update, but nevertheless I am really intrigued to see what happens in next update, I really liked the interactions between the characters and the emotions when they talked with "landlady"(not sure what's she's called in vanilla version) and regarding the war were what I loved, so I can't wait to see what happens when she finds out that the MC is the guy behind the mask, can't wait for the next update.

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
That's what Im trying to say! It's all getting very predictable . Why did a character do this? What would be the reason behind this? So I won't complain without knowing every reason behind it! That's the cool thing! But there are people who don't accept this point of view if something is "sensitive" and "change it or I don't play your game anymore". I think he(she) shouldn't have done that or he(she) could have created a new route.

Last edited:

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
Subverting expectations by narrative absurdity is not a viable substitute for quality storytelling. See: The Last Jedi.
"BMM is an attempt to revitalize the "roommate" and harem genres by injecting a dose of realism and drama into the formula. It's best to go into the visual novel with limited knowledge of the backstory; You'll get filled in on the details as you get further into the story."

Last edited:

Chut12

Dec 11, 2019
I like this version more, and also want to thank the developer for making changing so fast and listening to reviews provided.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
I feel The second scenario is actually way more unforgivable because Victoria tried to convince her and when that failed she decided to fuck him herself while making sure she watched instead of just ending it there, which would have been the forgivable choice.

Even if she could forgive the initial coercion part it's unlikely that she'll just forgot her friend fucked her brother. And i doubt she'll all of a sudden just decide that she's next after that whole ordeal. There's no way any of them would pass off what Victoria did as just being a shitty friend in the scenario.

You also have to factor in the MC. Who isn't into incest at this moment. He's also pretty angry with Audrey at the time and it's the only reason he visited Victoria. Not to mention we don't even know if Victoria intentions were even genuine from the start. From his perspective, if he founds out Victoria tried to trick him and his sister just watched, he will definitely treat them coldly. Under normal conditions he might not be that hostile but prior to that whole scene Victoria tried to coerce him into saying he wants to fuck his family. Now imagine the outcome after removing the blindfold after she tried to do that and seeing your sister in front of you after sex. While we keep looking at Audrey's reaction and what she will and won't accept, we're forgetting the MC.

This is all hypothetical though and really we won't know anything until next update but it's fun to speculate and discuss.
i still don't like it but in one scenario he has sex with someone he didn't intent do and in the other he is just being watched without his knowledge. One is way worse than the other

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
The Incest patch doesn't seem to be working,. I get a "script error" if I open the game with the patch in place.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It seems we play a moody asshole who refuses to communicate and is also a little shit... Sure his mom seems to be a bitch and his sisters seem to be bitchy (to varying degrees) but does that mean the MC ALSO needs to be a bitch? Does he get better? Will he get better? Or does he stay a moody drama queen?

And the MC, regardless of rejecting Victoria or not, still ends up at her place. I'm not a fan of forcing players to have sex with someone and ignoring the earlier decision to reject her. I am curious to see where this goes even if I think the MC is a turd blossom.

Last edited:

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Oh wait that scene was already changed? I thought it was still due to be changed... Yikes what was it like before :LUL:

Now I don't think it's necessary to try to be realistic in a incest/harem scenario, that's pretty much fighting a losing battle from the start. Only way I can see this happening is if MC is an oil prince or something, and ironically the only game I know where the MC is an oil prince is not a harem game (Leap of Faith). Better to go the tongue in cheek route like OiaL and just have a fun game, which the writer seems capable of.

However if this game is trying to be even a tiny bit realistic the entire Victoria story from start to finish misses the mark completely. Random chick you've never met walks into your bathroom and straight away wants to fuck? Nope. And the entire scene at her place is just beyond ridiculous. Oh you're losing your hard on here let me put a bag over your head and noise cancelling headphones on you and then bring in your "childhood friend" to teach her about sex. I dunno if this is extremely lazy writing or getting way too creative trying to force a sex scene into a 0.1 but yea this scene not only goes way past suspension of disbelief, it wasn't even much of a turn on. The animations were also shoddy which didn't help in that regard.

Would make much more sense if she just got him over, fucked and filmed it and showed the video to Audrey later as part of her "sex ed". That way you could get an actual good sex scene in there without the super awkward and completely unbelievable scenario which actually takes place.

Also agree with MrFriendly that the MC has pretty much zero redeeming qualities so far and thus makes it even harder to believe that every girl the MC knows/meets is totally smitten with him.

Don't get me wrong, the game has potential. The dialogue is well written, the girls are cute and interesting, the overall story is nicely done with plenty of intrigue etc. But the execution in this episode was poor in my opinion. Just giving honest feedback here since 90% of people here will instantly 5* any incest/harem game with cute girls and readable Enlgish. Which I guess means just do whatever the fuck you want cuz the horndogs here will love it regardless :KEK:

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
I think the way I've done the rewrite as it is currently will satisfy both the people who liked the old ending and people who hated it. I know this rewrite makes the ending weaker overall for the people who liked the original, but what it leads up to in episode 2, I feel is even more interesting with things the way they are now. I don't want to spoil anything so you'll have to wait and see.

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes