VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Yeah, that isn't encouraging. The dev hasn't been active here or on Discord for a few weeks, so hard to say exactly what it means yet, but that's never a good sign.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
So we finally get the first update after a year of waiting in December, now 2 months later it looks like it's dead again, I would hope that maybe he just got done by patreon but that wouldn't explain the inactivity everywhere else, far too many VN's with real potential get abandoned it would be a shame to lose this one as well.

Yaaai

Jan 2, 2022
So we finally get the first update after a year of waiting in December, now 2 months later it looks like it's dead again, I would hope that maybe he just got done by patreon but that wouldn't explain the inactivity everywhere else, far too many VN's with real potential get abandoned it would be a shame to lose this one as well.
In the last post on patreon from January 13:
he said that the update will be in 6-10 weeks, that is, closer to the end of March.
He also mentioned that he would not be active in the discord and on the forum, since he has a main job.

If the patch is official and was on patreon.
It's most likely a crackdown from patreon.
I think someone complained about the messages in discord, since he did not say that the "patch is fan-made" - like other developers

Reactions: Muk_king and Dunner

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
There has been nothing new on discord. From what I can tell the devs last post on there was January 12.
Iirc, last Patreon post was in January. Hopefully we'll soon find out if the game is truly dead or if there's still hope.

nahcQ

Jun 27, 2018
Damn, this is really good. Really nice models and expressive faces, great attention to detail and body language. Really well written, you can feel the tension and unspoken emotions in a lot of the scenes, you sense how the characters have history and lots of unresolved stuff. What a place to end the latest version too. Hope everything is okay with the developer and we see more in the future, I'm already really invested.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Really liked the game, shame it was abandoned. I liked the pace, and I'm really interested in seeing how the MC and Natalie had their falling out... even more interesting since it appears only he knows the reasons behind it.

If one took the route where the MC and Audrey had their first time in the closet, I would have loved to see how/if that story line gets resolved, and how it can possibly lead to some kind of romantic path... same with the constant teasing we saw from Hannah, and if there was any mutual feelings of attraction between her and the MC.

Sadly, with the Dev's Patreon gone, I guess we'll never know what could have been. Here's hoping the dev comes back to this project eventually.

cariadult

Jun 4, 2018
Just find the game back through identification thread, but shit... thing escalated so hard.

I don't know what is happening with dev but he has subscribestar page, right?

but zero post, and it said that he was/is working on porcelain hearts which probably Midsummer moonlight previous name, but who knows. I think his patreon maybe got nuked or something.

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes