VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

Yaaai

Jan 2, 2022
Just find the game back through identification thread, but shit... thing escalated so hard.

I don't know what is happening with dev but he has subscribestar page, right?

but zero post, and it said that he was/is working on porcelain hearts which probably Midsummer moonlight previous name, but who knows. I think his patreon maybe got nuked or something.
Old version of BMM.
This dude worked on creating the game for a very long time, changed a lot, supplemented it and asked for advice on how to do it better, this can be seen from his old posts on the forum.
It's sad that he's gone, I hope he'll come back again when he solves his problems. In the end, he really interested us in his world and characters, and he did a great job of writing a more realistic novel about this genre.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It's quite maddening they don't have the balls to say they abandoned their project. They usually vanish without a word. At least this dev closed his creator account and is not scamming people.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
It's quite maddening they don't have the balls to say they abandoned their project. They usually vanish without a word. At least this dev closed his creator account and is not scamming people.
and to be fair the project was never very successful what is the maximum number of patrons he had? 20? I guess he didn't feel the need to explain something and it was enough to delete the patreon account

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
and to be fair the project was never very successful what is the maximum number of patrons he had? 20? I guess he didn't feel the need to explain something and it was enough to delete the patreon account
and what was the plot? MC fucks around a little before joining the army bc he received a faulty advice.

His uncle: watch the news
The news: about a new school but also about lack of soldiers in the army
MC: i decided to die

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
and what was the plot? MC fucks around a little before joining the army bc he received a faulty advice.

come on, it's not fair to simplify things that way, I could do the same with tv shows like the sopranos:

depressive fat fuck fucks up the life of everyone around him

not fair lol

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
come on, it's not fair to simplify things that way, I could do the same with tv shows like the sopranos:

depressive fat fuck fucks up the life of everyone around him

not fair lol
the joke here how everyone in the family is shocked, after they gave a very...vague and super subtle advice...they could have used Hieroglyphs and it would be more obvious than what they did in the game

also making a game and demand/hope to have tons of subscribers in 2-3 update is delusional

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Wow, this is a super bummer. I just came to check the Patreon link because I hadn't seen anything in a while so I thought I forgot to sub, but... this was fairly well written so far and I had a lot of hope in this one.

eca.png

• Sad
Reactions: m3lee

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020

I admit, part of me wanted to see the MC go ahead with his plans and join the army, only to get KIA, and see the priceless reactions of his aunt/uncle and parents for basically being indifferent to him throwing his life away.

On a side note, I am curious to see just how Hannah would take the news of his actual plans instead of her assumption he was joining them at the newly Co-ed college. Furthermore, I would have liked to see if that would have been the final push she needed to confess her feelings to the MC in a last ditch effort to dissuade him from going to war.

Mushybird

Sep 17, 2021
Really sucks that this seems to have been nuked. I would tell the dev to go make a subscribestar instead, since it could be that incest is the reason that the patreon got nuked. But at the same time there's plenty of games on patreon that have a simple patch that reenables the content, so idk. Either way, I hope that the dev comes back someday, either with a new platform to continue this game, or a new project entirely. Would be a real shame to let this one die when there's so much garbage that continues for years milking peoples money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mipecio

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
maybe he surprise us like last time and we get ep3
As much as I would love that to happen I think in this case it's very unlikely, last time at least there was some communication although minimal.

The fact the Patreon is gone is concerning, if Patreon had nuked his page you would think he would let people know, at least on discord. I was wondering if he didn't want to milk money off people and had took the Patreon down himself and then just vanished.

Although as I said in a previous post the whole thing either way is weird, you spend an entire year putting out episode 2, it seemed to go down quite well with people and then you just disappear without a word a month later.

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
As much as I would love that to happen I think in this case it's very unlikely, last time at least there was some communication although minimal.

The fact the Patreon is gone is concerning, if Patreon had nuked his page you would think he would let people know, at least on discord. I was wondering if he didn't want to milk money off people and had took the Patreon down himself and then just vanished.

Although as I said in a previous post the whole thing either way is weird, you spend an entire year putting out episode 2, it seemed to go down quite well with people and then you just disappear without a word a month later.
Off topic but want to ask you about you signatures.

What are these two games: HIBBS and MBIML ?

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes