VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes
Jan 23, 2021
The first discussion with Audrey has a few issues and when Hannah comes to call mc for dinner she says: "Anyway, your mom wants to have a family dinner."
i think you have older version of the patch. it doesnt say it on my post, but i updated my links 3 times with new versions for ep2. one of the fixes was because i accidentally deleted some lines in those 2 scenes. next time i will include a changelog so you guys know i changed it. for now, download the patch again and try it, see if it works

Jan 23, 2021
That's what I thought also, but if that is the case, the dev went to a lot of trouble to separate the two - more so than any other dev I have seen.
There is new code to go along with all the new dialog.
its all in the details. beginning of next episode will explain their living situation in the vanilla version. some stufffs will start making a lot more sense, but story will probably be the same in the end.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
i think you have older version of the patch. it doesnt say it on my post, but i updated my links 3 times with new versions for ep2. one of the fixes was because i accidentally deleted some lines in those 2 scenes. next time i will include a changelog so you guys know i changed it. for now, download the patch again and try it, see if it works
Huh, ok... I downloaded it again and you're right

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
There's an incest tag and yet the incest patch is fan made? Is it really an incest game or a non-incest game with an incest mod?
You can play it either way. From the comments here, most are opting for the incest version.
Just an FYI - some devs have two accounts.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
There's an incest tag and yet the incest patch is fan made? Is it really an incest game or a non-incest game with an incest mod?
Most incest patches are "fan made" or "unofficial" for plausible deniability Patreon purposes.

Witocaj

May 8, 2020
I don't know if I've ever hated characters in a VN as much as some of the characters here, I'm assuming they'll be more understandable with more back story but MC and Hannah especially come off as just unbearable right now to the point that I'm not even interested in continuing. I feel like an awful person playing this guy. Victoria is a close runner-up while everyone apart from Junie and Audrey feel at minimum grating. Audrey's bounce back from essentially getting raped because of Victoria's actions to bringing her along to the lake house makes no sense, even if we ignore the weird situation of what happened in the first place. Honestly surprised it doesn't necessitate a rape tag.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I don't like how Honey Select looks, tho. The textures and models are too low resolution, and I hate how it handles muscles and armpits. Should've used whatever mods the Eternum guy uses. His models look really good.
Caribdis also uses Honey Select 2, like here

the difference is in the Chad-ness of the PC, and amount of mods, sometimes you must buy them...the free stuff can only get you so far

still better than most DAZ-based games (if you ask me) where most of the characters looks like realistic but uncanny sex-dolls, with insane amounts of make-up and giant lips...

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Hi ! Just tried this game.
I find it interesting so far. I can't say I can understand any of the reactions of the characters in this game nor why their relationships are so fucked-up but... I can't wait to see how all those fucked-up relationships will evolve.
But it should be fine, right? I see the "harem" tag so what could go wrong? :sneaky:

ps : I don't see [pregnant] in the future tags... FeelsBadMan

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022
I have a few complains about this game, but so far it's one of the few games that at least tries to develop these difficult family relationships. You can feel that there is so much tension between these characters and that is great. Even graphically it's nice, the characters look reasonably believable for Honey Select (which I despise).

Ricky291

Feb 9, 2022
I loved the game, I really want to know how it will continue Thanks for the good work! Although I agree with a previous comment where the rape scene felt unnatural, luckily my first choice was to reject the girl, I felt that choice was more in line with the MC's presentation. While doing so I found myself missing out on some of the sex scenes, my original choices felt better fleshed out. I'm not much of writing messages, I almost never do it In addition to the fact that English is not my native language, I am using a translator to write this message. However, I wanted to express my emotion. regards

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Man I'm really curious about what exactly happened to the family. Even the mother doesn't feel like a bad guy anymore. Just how the hell did they get here.
I hope we find out what happened between Natalie and Aedan first. It pains me to see her sad puppy expression all the time.

View attachment 2254846 View attachment 2254848
I got a Tywin Lannister vibe from dear old dad. I'm guessing everyone's suffered under his thumb while no doubt many monologues about 'legacy' were had before the start of the story.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
So why does the MC have sex with Victoria if he doesn't even like her?

1: He's 18-years old. 2: She's not ugly. 3-100: He's 18-years old. Duh! :D
If you bang the friend of your sister within the first day of meeting her then you have no discipline or respect. Besides, if a random woman were to come into my bathroom and lock the door I'd assumed she's trying to set me up or that she's a disease riddled whore.

Moving on to unrelated topics, the lack of background music was very prevalent to me. It made the atmosphere feel very dull and depressing, so much so that I ended up turning my own music on(Played to the end, I guess the only reason there wasn't background music in the first dinner scene was to hammer in the depressing atmosphere). And the mom's a bitch, so I can understand why the MC barely resisted Victoria. Dude has a dommy mommy.

And the MC's parents actually couldn't kick him out tbh. Where I live, if someones been at your house for 2 weeks they don't have to leave. You'd have to go to court or have someone you know fuck em up and make them leave(Only works if the person getting beat up or forced out isn't a fan of the police). But then again, no one would want to live with parents like that to begin with.

Anyways, renders are good and although I would've wanted the choice to reject Victoria to actually matter I'm still enjoying the game(EDIT: They do). Once I get to the second episode I hope I'll learn why everyone's so messed up in the family(EDIT: Somewhat)

EDIT: Played to the end of the update, seems like you can actually reject Victoria now, so that makes me more optimistic about the game. Anyways, the Dad's a piece of shit too, but no surprise there. Natalie shouldn't be a designated driver with how much she drinks, and why does she hide her alchohol when it's obvious she's an alchoholic? Maybe the others haven't noticed for whatever reason. And there needs to be an, "End of Episode" dialogue scene, I couldn't save because got sent to the main menu without a warning.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 38 Votes