4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Any update incoming \/
Any news ?
Another wasted art. Version 0.3 seems to be dangerous for devs.
I'm not sure what's taking so long, but according to their Discord, they're in the process of editing v0.03. That said, though, they've supposedly been in the process of this since late February. Given everything happening with COVID-19, it's actually possible that one or more of their team is having severe health issues right now. I mean, I don't know that this is true, and I ofc hope it's not, but it's possible. :unsure:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
...Given everything happening with COVID-19, it's actually possible that one or more of their team is having severe health issues right now. I mean, I don't know that this is true, and I ofc hope it's not, but it's possible. :unsure:
If that is true, besides it has been taking too long even for that the worst case scenario, wouldnt the other one, or someone close to devs, post something to their patrons regarding this unexpected? delay?
in my opinion, as the things stand atm, it looks like they are giving up on this game, and that is a shame, yet that absolutely is their right to do...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
If that is true, besides it has been taking too long even for that the worst case scenario, wouldnt the other one, or someone close to devs, post something to their patrons regarding this unexpected? delay?
in my opinion, as the things stand atm, it looks like they are giving up on this game, and that is a shame, yet that absolutely is their right to do...
Sadly, I think you may be right. I'm still hopeful the testers just found a lot that needed fixing and it's taking a bit to get the fixes in place for v0.03. I really enjoyed where this one was going; I hope it's not already gone as far as it ever will. :(

carlosxbox79

Aug 2, 2017
Please continue with the game whenever you guys can it is a really good game and long I don’t want to go all the way till Xmas just to find out that you guys are not done yet is been 7 months with no updates if you are not going to continue you should stop giving excuses and get to work for us your followers

Dec 24, 2018
To be fair, the devs never mentioned that it would be released soon. In the dev post that was on the previous page, they even mention that progress was slow because of the circumstances that happened. They further go on that if you don't feel like that the effort they put in isn't worth the support, then go down to a different tier or drop the support entirely. Lastly they said that there is no release date and they will release it when they feel it's ready. So just relax and have fun with other games in the mean time.

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
Devs said they have their reasons, and you can feel free to stop supporting them.
Yet why do some of you people have to get mad as if they are extorting your money?

Math Lady.gif
And yes, lots of devs go on hiatus or straight up disappeared because of "life problems." Yes it does sound like an excuse, but that shit happens. We can't really force them to disclose personal problems, so the only thing we can do is either have faith or take a hike elsewhere.

Last edited:

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I've cancelled my Patreon support for this game. It's been over six months since their last game release and updates on their progress continue to be sporadic and largely non-existent. I don't mind waiting, but at least keep your patrons informed about what is going on. It's been two months since their last progress update to patrons. It only takes five minutes to say "hey, no release yet, we're still working on it."

It's only a $1/month, but that's a dollar I could throw at a developer who at least keeps their supporters in the loop.

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
I really liked this game so hopefully it won't get abandoned, 6 months since the last update makes you a bit worried though.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
MODS - come on now. It's been over 6 months. This is a fun game, but it's time to call it ABANDONED.
Games dont get marked abandoned unless its been 4-6+ months without any sign or communication from the dev, so far its barely been 2 months since we last got an update form the dev

May 13, 2018
That's mighty understanding, letting undeveloped games linger because the dev posted some text on Patreon.

Dev posted about animations for 0.3 in October 2019. Unless the hamster powering his PC died, you'd have expected something to be released.

This is how publishers - who shall remain nameless - are able to hold Patreon subscribers hostage. It's worth re-examining the policy.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
That's mighty understanding, letting undeveloped games linger because the dev posted some text on Patreon.

Dev posted about animations for 0.3 in October 2019. Unless the hamster powering his PC died, you'd have expected something to be released.

This is how publishers - who shall remain nameless - are able to hold Patreon subscribers hostage. It's worth re-examining the policy.
Since it seems like you lack the ability to actually educate yourself about a games situation before you start talking out of your ass im gonna do you a nice one and update you on the situation. The game was put on hold around October/November last year and it was marked here as such until just under 2 months ago when the dev resumed their development of the game and thats why the onhold mark was removed and why its not marked as abandoned.

Read the update from the devs posted back in late February quoted below.

Development is underway again!

Hi, guys!
Just want to share quick update about v0.0.3.
First, YES, we're still working on this project ;p, albeit its progress has been freaking slow because we practically only have a couple of hours a week now to work on this project due to circumstances in our life. Things completely changed for us since our family tragedy last year, but we won't bother you with details.
Anyway, we've mentioned this before but we think we need to mention it again. If you feel our effort on this project is not worth the amount of money you've spent to support it, then by all means please reduce or even drop your support. We completely understand if you do. We realize some of you probably expected us to deliver content much faster - something which sadly we can't do at the moment.
Second, we hope this one is good news :). All the arts, animations, writing, and programming for v0.0.3 are done. What left to do is Editing (photoshop stuff - noise reduction, color correction, blur effect, etc) and Testing to make sure each routes will have coherent story. We can't promise any release date yet though. It'll be released when we feel it's ready.
That's all we need to say for now, hope you guys are still excited about the upcoming update :)

-lovemilfs-

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Since it seems like you lack the ability to actually educate yourself about a games situation before you start talking out of your ass im gonna do you a nice one and update you on the situation. The game was put on hold around October/November last year and it was marked here as such until just under 2 months ago when the dev resumed their development of the game and thats why the onhold mark was removed and why its not marked as abandoned.

Read the update from the devs posted back in late February quoted below.
Like me, I noticed you support Braindrop. I feel like he's a good comparison for this situation. Both devs (Braindrop and Lovemilfs) have suffered the deaths of a person close to them. Obviously, grief can impact a dev's ability to work. Braindrop has been very open about the delays it will cause, but is still communicating with his patrons and fanbase. Lovemilfs has not. Lovemilfs has essentially gone dark and only provided two updates since Oct of last year, one of which only came after I asked for an update to be provided. That was the Feb update I posted here. Meanwhile, Braindrop has been communicating with his supporters and providing renders when he can, despite clearly being heavily affected by his loss. I doubt he will lose many (if any) Patreon supporters.

Grief can be a real bitch to deal with, but life does move on. Lovemilfs is squandering a lot of the early goodwill they created by not providing timely updates. The moral of the story is people are generally willing to be patient and overlook quite a lot, if you keep them in the loop.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Like me, I noticed you support Braindrop. I feel like he's a good comparison for this situation. Both devs (Braindrop and Lovemilfs) have suffered the deaths of a person close to them. Obviously, grief can impact a dev's ability to work. Braindrop has been very open about the delays it will cause, but is still communicating with his patrons and fanbase. Lovemilfs has not. Lovemilfs has essentially gone dark and only provided two updates since Oct of last year, one of which only came after I asked for an update to be provided. That was the Feb update I posted here. Meanwhile, Braindrop has been communicating with his supporters and providing renders when he can, despite clearly being heavily affected by his loss. I doubt he will lose many (if any) Patreon supporters.

Grief can be a real bitch to deal with, but life does move on. Lovemilfs is squandering a lot of the early goodwill they created by not providing timely updates. The moral of the story is people are generally willing to be patient and overlook quite a lot, if you keep them in the loop.
Very true, communications is key in this sort of thing, whether its delays due to unforeseen circumstances or just longer development time for some games, Devs escpecially the bigger ones like BD, DPC or Philly who regularly keep their supports in the loop about progress are way more likely to maintain the goodwill of their fanbase over the course of their games development.

Last edited:

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Really liked this game. Sad that it increasingly looks like it's going the way of the dodo.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes