RPGM Completed CabinVania [Final] [urkelfan420]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Ijsmann

Mar 21, 2020
Anyone able to help with the Kappa? I made him drop the key by putting in all 5 lightbulbs. Now he refuses to take the cucumber though. They say we'd need to make the room brighter, wondering how or if this is a bug after all, since I don't know how to make the room any brighter. Thanks

Reactions: Arkaazi

Greg_

Mar 7, 2019
Anyone able to help with the Kappa? I made him drop the key by putting in all 5 lightbulbs. Now he refuses to take the cucumber though. They say we'd need to make the room brighter, wondering how or if this is a bug after all, since I don't know how to make the room any brighter. Thanks
There are two kinds of lightbulbs you can get, one in the bedroom, and one in the craft room, maybe that's the problem? According to my knowledge, after the kappa dropped the key it should take the cucumber.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ijsmann

Greg_

Mar 7, 2019
Just more or less just finished the game.

This game is a charming little gem. A lot of love went into it, and it shows. I enjoyed watching the characters interact, surprisingly more out of the sex scenes than in them. The art style is excellent, it hits an interesting combination of old school comic feeling with goth. There are only a handful of scenes, but given the game play is ~1 hour, the game maintains a good pace.

The game does have some bugs, a few of which are game breaking. I was trapped in the walls of the cabin five or six times, especially using the skull key. The skull key was finicky about where it could be used, which added unneeded difficulties. I was able to use it not directly in front of the bedroom door, but instead a few steps south of it. Furthermore, I was not able to see the ending of the game, as the two characters stated their outfits were incomplete -- despite me having found all the items listed under the "Comforts of home". I tried clicking on damn near everything to get the characters to dress up, but I couldn't figure out a way to get them in the ritual clothes. That I pushed through game breaking bugs is compelling evidence that the game is quality, despite those bugs.

Overall, excellent little game. I would love to see what the author could do with more time / money / manpower as I feel like this game leaves me wanting to see more of what they can do.
Have you also fixed the cape using the sewing machine?

Ijsmann

Mar 21, 2020
There two kinds of lightbulbs you can get, one in the bedroom, and one in the craft room, maybe that's the problem? According to my knowledge, after the kappa dropped the key it should take the cucumber.
Thanks, that was the solution! I somehow, through a bug, managed to pick up several bulbs of one kind and placed only those into the sockets. After restarting it worked out just fine

Reactions: Greg_

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
what to do with the fire in the oven and the gingerbred man?
Carve the pumpkin (in the kitchen) with the knife and use the Ouija board near it, the positioning to get it to work can be tricky, and you can even get stuck while trying.

ReMindED

Nov 10, 2021
Reactions: SpellsOfErotica
Nov 13, 2017
For Joiplay users, don't bother. The game is excellent but clearly not adapted for it, you always have to switch the virtual buttons and I noticed severe lags and freezes issues.

That said, if you have a pc, don't hesitate and download it. Dialogues are fun and the game is nice.
Appreciate the warning, fellow Joi Bro.

KittyTitties

Feb 12, 2020
So where the fuck are the keys for the silver cuffs?

Edit: Oh I was supposed to approach the couch from a specific angle and then the vampire will just sit and find the key on the couch.

Of course! It was sooo obvious! Haha, fuck off.

Last edited:

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
So where the fuck are the keys for the silver cuffs?

Edit: Oh I was supposed to approach the couch from a specific angle and then the vampire will just sit and find the key on the couch.

Of course! It was sooo obvious! Haha, fuck off.
Quite typical from point'n'click style. Never played monkey island or day of the tentacles? Never played myst on PS1?

Reactions: Truesleep
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes