3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

ur other dad

Jan 13, 2021
yeah, and that happens every battle. it only stops when you either fuck up, or it goes by too fast for you to do anything. i don't necessarily hate QTEs, but there's no need to have it in every battle. i'm playing an RPG because i want to play an RPG, not because i want to hit 7 arrows in 1.5 seconds. ofc, the most egregious is the one at night in the house, but i digress

Mar 22, 2023
yeah, and that happens every battle. it only stops when you either fuck up, or it goes by too fast for you to do anything. i don't necessarily hate QTEs, but there's no need to have it in every battle. i'm playing an RPG because i want to play an RPG, not because i want to hit 7 arrows in 1.5 seconds. ofc, the most egregious is the one at night in the house, but i digress
Nah all good.

I just don't get it is all. In regular games, like let's say OG Resident Evil 4, if you fuck up a QTE you die. If you fuck up a QTE in God of War you either straight up die, or take a significant amount of damage. If you fuck up a QTE in Spiderman citizens die or you die. Mostly game over conditions.

What happens if you mess up a QTE in this game though?
Oh you didn't undress them this turn, but next turn it'll be easier.
You'll get undressed by them.
Or they'll shove your dick inside their pussy.

Succeeding or failing isn't such a big deal for this game, because the consequences aren't that big a deal. If the game, killed you for fucking it up, I'd be right there with you complaining about them. The way they're implemented though, is innocuous and just adds some tension to the encounters.

Reactions: ss6

ur other dad

Jan 13, 2021
Nah all good.

I just don't get it is all. In regular games, like let's say OG Resident Evil 4, if you fuck up a QTE you die. If you fuck up a QTE in God of War you either straight up die, or take a significant amount of damage. If you fuck up a QTE in Spiderman citizens die or you die. Mostly game over conditions.

What happens if you mess up a QTE in this game though?
Oh you didn't undress them this turn, but next turn it'll be easier.
You'll get undressed by them.
Or they'll shove your dick inside their pussy.

Succeeding or failing isn't such a big deal for this game, because the consequences aren't that big a deal. If the game, killed you for fucking it up, I'd be right there with you complaining about them. The way they're implemented though, is innocuous and just adds some tension to the encounters.
yeah i get what you're saying now. i wasn't a big fan of them in uncharted and the like for the aforementioned reasons. i don't feel as strongly about the ones in this game, because, like you said, the consequences aren't that bad. i just find them annoying (especially since i'm not that used to this style in RPGs). the mario RPGs (like others) have "QTEs", but i like those because they're more skill based. it's about timing, and they're repeatable so you can actually get good at them through practice. this is just "RANDOM BULLSHIT GO", and i don't find it very fair

Mar 22, 2023
this is just "RANDOM BULLSHIT GO", and i don't find it very fair
It literally isn't fair. I am not joking. In my mod it can get to the point where you don't even see the arrows and you fail.
Like... not gonna lie. You're not supposed to win them all the time.

This isn't the first time I've heard this complaint about the game... people are expecting to win them all the time. You aren't.
If you fuck it up, meh. Lol you got undressed.

It's just there to add tension to the fights and apparently it's working too well. You're way too tense regarding them even though nothing that bad's really happening.

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
It literally isn't fair. I am not joking. In my mod it can get to the point where you don't even see the arrows and you fail.

This isn't the first time I've heard this complaint about the game... people are expecting to win them all the time. You aren't.

It's just there to add tension to the fights and apparently it's working too well. You're way too tense regarding them even though nothing that bad's really happening.
As much as I appreciate your work on this and the thought put behind it, I think that's a questionable design decision. You're basically communicating one thing to the player (that there's a challenge to be overcome) while intending another thing entirely (that the girls gaining an advantage is inevitable at times). I think the miscommunication this creates will result in unavoidable frustration, as most miscommunication does. Maybe an alternative approach (like the girls entering a berserker mode or something like that, with functionally the same effects as whatever it is that leads to the unwinnable QTEs) could help avoid this confusion and maintain the spirit of the mod.

That being said, it sounds like an impressive piece of work, and I can't wait to give it the time it deserves. Thank you for this.

Mar 22, 2023
As much as I appreciate your work on this and the thought put behind it, I think that's a questionable design decision. You're basically communicating one thing to the player (that there's a challenge to be overcome) while intending another thing entirely (that the girls gaining an advantage is inevitable at times). I think the miscommunication this creates will result in unavoidable frustration, as most miscommunication does. Maybe an alternative approach (like the girls entering a berserker mode or something like that, with functionally the same effects as whatever it is that leads to the unwinnable QTEs) could help avoid this confusion and maintain the spirit of the mod.

That being said, it sounds like an impressive piece of work, and I can't wait to give it the time it deserves. Thank you for this.
It's not just my mod that does that. Base game does it too. It's just more extreme in the mod.

You're basically communicating one thing to the player (that there's a challenge to be overcome) while intending another thing entirely (that the girls gaining an advantage is inevitable at times).
EXACTLY!
You can keep yourself dressed every time they try and undress you for a bit, but you won't succeed every time. Some players will fail after 2 attempts. Some at 3. That extra turn staying dressed keeps you in the foreplay section for another turn.
I don't see an issue with a challenge that gets more and more difficult until it becomes impossible, if the state change after the QTE is not a gameover. Because again. The consequence isn't extreme. Surpassing the challenge of the QTE has minor benefits. Failing has some drawbacks, but it doesn't end the battle. It just changes the gamestate.

I don't see an issue.

Again it's just used to add some tension to fights. If you auto-failed all QTE's not much would really change. The game would just be slightly harder, but not by much.

ur other dad

Jan 13, 2021

i don't feel tense lmao. if anything, it's this

ur other dad

Jan 13, 2021
the further you get into this game, the more kaizo-esque bullshit there is. what is the justification for the random spikes or the falling rocks in the cave

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
the further you get into this game, the more kaizo-esque bullshit there is. what is the justification for the random spikes or the falling rocks in the cave
To make the locations feel different. Also, since your spirit and VP are higher the game adds more traps to still make the dungeon risky.

swords776

Nov 27, 2018
The higher your stats get the slower those arrow inserts become. just progress, grind and you'll be fine.

if they are at a point in which they are still fast your to weak at that point. although it is beatable. succeeding in those arrow inputs is usually for I win harder situations. you don't need to succeed in any of them in most battles to still win.

Still there is no issue in losing, because the further you get the more options and extra items become available. it starts of slow but it gets faster and faster as you move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Ren_Amamiya15

Mar 15, 2023
Modded the game.

If anyone's interested.
Hey there! Do you, or anyone who has the mod file mind dropping it for me? Not sure if it allowed to just paste links or files, but if it is, please do. I cannot access ULMF, hence why I am begging you to send it. If you cant do it here, perhaps I could give you my discord or something? Unless there is a DM function on f95 LOL. Thanks in advance!

Mar 22, 2023
Hey there! Do you, or anyone who has the mod file mind dropping it for me? Not sure if it allowed to just paste links or files, but if it is, please do. I cannot access ULMF, hence why I am begging you to send it. If you cant do it here, perhaps I could give you my discord or something? Unless there is a DM function on f95 LOL. Thanks in advance!
No worries, it doesn't even work with the latest version. I accidentally modded the DLsite version not knowing there was a better english translation available on Steam.

If you used my mod, the experience would be a bit worse with almost MTL quality text.

• Sad

Ren_Amamiya15

Mar 15, 2023
No worries, it doesn't even work with the latest version. I accidentally modded the DLsite version not knowing there was a better english translation available on Steam.

If you used my mod, the experience would be a bit worse with almost MTL quality text.
Oh? Well, the translation doesnt really matter. I really just wanted those gameplay changes! ^^

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

Is there any way you can transfer the better translation into the modded version?

Mar 22, 2023
Thank you, you are a real one. Any instructions to the downloading process? Like what I do replace with what?
It's a bit complicated and since it's here, I just decided to link it.

EDIT: 2:32PM small update. Added a tutorial for stats to the cat if you chat with him, and fixed a bug in the base game regarding the extra room keeping HP from escapes.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Alright then... be warned, the game's a lot harder.
Google Drive

Tons of time and effort redoing all the work I already did.
Darn, I was hoping it would just be a copy and paste from one version to another. Does this mean you will never be up for doing this? Either way, thank you for your work on this great game.

Ren_Amamiya15

Mar 15, 2023
It's a bit complicated and since it's here, I just decided to link it.
Workupload

EDIT: 2:32PM small update. Added a tutorial for stats to the cat if you chat with him, and fixed a bug in the base game regarding the extra room keeping HP from escapes.
Oh, hold on what is this? Is this the game already patched, or are these the files I am supposed to insert into the original file of the game? ^^"

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes