VN Ren'Py Abandoned California Bound [v0.0.6 early access] [Suo Mynona]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, this game really has all the right elements that does it for me.. MC is hella cute too.
The long development time and little content is a bit of a worry though. Let's hope it picks up in speed. Good luck @suo_mynona

Reactions: m3lee

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I saw a huge amount of pictures with lots of artifacts in them most of them in the face areas but there were a few in max's apartment that was over the whole picture. Most of the artifacts are white dots but one in the Max apartment scene was black in color but is seen as white dots in any picture viewer. Many are easier seen in a picture viewer.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
Wow, in the new version, if you don't follow up on the apartment it gets very dark very quickly.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
Is it just my imagination or was there a hell of a lot more content in the earlier version?
I was expecting there to be more content not less.

Thumbs down for that, but a thumbs up for a promising storyline. I just hope it doesn't turn into another 3 frames per update and then a dropped game like so many others do

The artifacts are probably caused by his graphics card not being able to properly render using iray, something which I am struggling with myself atm. 3delight is not bad but iray is just so much easier to use

gameFAN23

Jul 2, 2018
@Jeff Kronn

The author stated that this update is a complete rewrite of the game.
he also said this had more conyent then before so whats up 1 path and game over if you go to the apt. game over if you talk to the bar guy game over lol what a joke

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Maybe I missed something but this seems to me to be a very short demo and not a version at all. Looked up the pages that @suo_mynona link on the OP lead to. v 0.0.6 is what we might call a "bait and switch". Not really a complaint but it does seem deceptive to me. The game itself is only at v 0.0.5 if you are a patron and you can download v 0.0.4 for free with v 0.0.5 for $2.99 on dev's site or any voluntary amount above that you choose. My point is that versions 0.0.1-0.0.4 have a lot more content according to the changelogs on dev's page, none of which are available with this version.

That said this well written and rendered. The problem with this version is all your choices eventually lead to "end game" with an advertisement for his patreon page. I am not sure if the dev intends to eventually make the actual game available here or not but I would be very interested in being able to play it as it is described on his patreon and personal pages. If this were the actual game then there would be at least one other location available with possibly up to 3 for Emily to interact with as well as several additional characters. I am interested in following this game if it becomes available here since I don't have means to support any devs. This is one game I would support if I could. I am over 65 and living on only Social Security.

Personally I think this game is worth playing and has already immersed me in the story but really hard to comment on gameplay since it is only a long intro here on f95. I really hope the dev makes the actual game available here since you can download v 0.0.4 for free elsewhere. It's up to the dev to post those links as I am not comfortable doing it.

Edit:Sorry, I missed the 2 posts above mine about this being a rewrite but my comments still stand as written. Didn't download version 0.0.4 and not sure what he is doing on his patreon page since v 0.0.6 isn't mentioned at all. Also if this is a rewrite it is a good 0.0.1 as a demo and not 0.0.6.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Alright I read some of the early posts in this thread and @suo_mynona had some long posts explaining what he is doing. I not only hope that this game is successful but his writing career also. GL with both.

Reactions: m3lee

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Can you actually make her a movie star ? Or is it your run of the mill corruption game where no matter what you do the female MC is gonna get raped, blackmailed and used by everyone in town for the stupidest of reasons ?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@Rythan25

Right now it's just the same old same old type female protag take her around and get her molested by every Tom Dick and ugly fat bastard in the game type game though I think they said that there was going to be a purity route later and in the next update there is going to be a female potential character for the MC to go after.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
@ut1stgear

Are you sure you are posting in the correct thread as none of what you have posted seems to be about this game?
Yep my last post was about another game but my first post was about this game. I will repost last one to correct thread. thx for the heads up.
Edit: deleted that post and moved it to correct thread.

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
What the hell did they do to this game???!!! The last version was much better than this piece of crap!!! It's like they started all over, just to ruin the entire game!!! I don't like it.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes