VN Ren'Py Abandoned California Bound [v0.0.6 early access] [Suo Mynona]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Last update I guess I locked myself out of a lot of content. This time I did better.
Only issues are:
1. the first person sex scenes as a female, not really my thing. Only one of them really so far with the homeless guy.
2. The prostitution scenes are nice, but it really seems she goes from normal girl to cumslut at the drop of a hat. I'm not one for dragging things out, but a few scenes where she isn't loving fucking a stranger as much, or is trying not to love it as much, would help a lot in that regard.
3. Not digging a lot of the camera angles that much. I get what you are going for artistically, but too many of the shots are long shots or extreme close-ups. Some more medium range stuff, would work wonders.

Other than that, I'm curious to see where this goes.

Reactions: Aizar

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Update 0.0.6 is taking longer than expected to complete. There have been many changes to the game flow to support follow on content as the original game logic didn't support locking out earlier content. As such, I've moved to the traditional visual novel branching content logic. This will do two things going forward:
  1. Content will not be limited to a single location.
  2. Update cycles will instead focus on releasing one to two days work of content across all plot branches.
This means update 0.0.6 will require a new start as old saves will not work. Also, the release will focus on the first two days worth of content across the initial branches. This will both reduce the content available as certain old scenes weren't meant to take place until day 12 or so and also include additional content for what was supposed to be plot paths in other as yet unreleased locations.

What does that mean to the comments and feedback from update 0.0.5?
  1. Plot progression will seem much slower as the additional content will fill in much of the first two weeks of content before the gang event in update 0.0.5. It will still be the same amount of game days, but the additional content will make it seem longer.
  2. Other plot paths will be available for those who felt the game is to dark.
  3. On the topic of camera angles, those are scene specific depending on how I can justify a camera angle from some character's viewpoint. That isn't going to change; however, when looking across all the scenes available, I hope to address the desire for non-Emily viewpoints. I've decided to stick with the camera locations based on character viewpoints and that isn't changing. I spent significant time and effort playing with camera angles including pure third person and feel creating the "best" third person camera shot for visual appeal lessons the story telling aspect I'm aiming for.
  4. The future content will be focused on storytelling with the artificial RPG decisions removed. This means both less decision points as the story unfolds, and greater importance to the decisions you will make as all of them will now effect the plot path branching.
Update 0.0.6 and 0.0.7 should both be in testing before the end of February with 0.0.6 slated for release around the end of month/beginning of next.

- Suo

215303j

I think that the premise of the game (young naive girl chasing a stupid dream) is quite nice, but I think the game would be better if the MC could avoid (or control) the corruption somehow.

The homeless guy seems the only nice person in the game so far, I think the MC could also choose to stay with him instead of becoming a full-fledged whore within a few days.

Reactions: DavidTurner

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
@suo

So, in regards to content in the game. First I agree that thusfar what I've seen of the corruption elements have been much too fast paced. Good corruption is slow and steady. One choice that is slightly darker/more immoral after another until she's turned into something else entirely and it's not even clear what was the point she made the transition.

Second. I'm not entirely comfortable with the way you're using BDSM terminology here in relation to nonconsensual and blackmail relationships. Stuff like Pet and Slave and putting it from that perspective is fine. likewise, in the versions where she's more consensual of it, there is more rationale. However, BDSM is fundamentally different slavery in that power is freely exchanged instead of given or taken. If you're looking for a game that portrays that well, I suggest Bondage Island, which is surprisingly decent.

That is to say, I think you should focus on make your portrayal more explicitly Slavery as opposed to BDSM or if you plan to include more explicitly BDSM material that you should make it more voluntary and include more elements as such.

In particular I'm directing this at Alex. You zig zag with his portrayal between creepy blackmailer who abuses his power and Good Dom Who Believes In BDSM Ethics in ways that aren't intuitive.

So I am explicitly calling for more characters who will dominate her without forcing her into a situation where she has to obey them or risk suffering consequences.

Also, more lesbian stuff. Because Lesbians.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
In particular I'm directing this at Alex. You zig zag with his portrayal between creepy blackmailer who abuses his power and Good Dom Who Believes In BDSM Ethics in ways that aren't intuitive.
Alex is a special case and isn't meant to show a "proper" BDSM relationship. Alex uses people. Alex lies. It's why Alex's portrayal waffles. From Emily's point of view Alex comes across as one way, but when the POV shifts to Alex you get to see just how creepy he really is.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I think that because we have yet to see any actually good doms or even really very many non-completely unethical people for her to fuck that hasn't come across.

Which is fine in theory. You can make a game that's all rape all the time. But, perhaps save the discussions of kink ethics until there is some contrast?

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
perhaps save the discussions of kink ethics until there is some contrast?
The content in the game consists of around 4-8 days of progression in a story that will take several game years to complete. In prior comments, I'd already agreed that the progress was too fast and I have been taking steps to slow it down. I agree, it's way to early - if at all - in this story to discuss 'kink ethics.' I'm looking to tell a story not be an ambassador for the proper use of kink terminology or to portray a generically approved BDSM relationship. I also think it's worth showing that predators - like Alex - exist in any community - including kink - and seek victims and they may actually misuse terms as part of their hunting tactics...

In fact I agreed so much, I stated that update 0.0.6 was going to be a complete restart of the game stripping out the RPG elements and focusing on a branching visual novel. This way I can slow down the progression to what my original vision of the story was.

Aizar

Feb 17, 2018
Oh wow I like his idea and I Patron for 10 and He told us he has problems, ok .... I really was thinking to stop/reduce my pat.... very sad but I'll wait till the end of March...

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Yes, my life been turned upside down. I've had to seek new employment to pay the bills. This has lead to me moving from one end of the country I'm in to the other and basically starting over. I'm currently doing the sleeping on other people's couch thing until the middle to end of April when I get to move into my new place.

What does this mean for California Bound?

All my stuff including the computer I used to make the game is boxed away in storage until I have someplace to call my own. It should take me 1 - 2 weeks to finish 0.0.6 once I'm settled.

I understand if folks want to cancel their Patreon support, but I need to do what it takes to pay the bills and put food on the table.

Things should be back to the normal schedule in May.

- Suo

Desan3

May 6, 2017
Yes, my life been turned upside down. I've had to seek new employment to pay the bills. This has lead to me moving from one end of the country I'm in to the other and basically starting over. I'm currently doing the sleeping on other people's couch thing until the middle to end of April when I get to move into my new place.

All my stuff including the computer I used to make the game is boxed away in storage until I have someplace to call my own. It should take me 1 - 2 weeks to finish 0.0.6 once I'm settled.

I understand if folks want to cancel their Patreon support, but I need to do what it takes to pay the bills and put food on the table.

- Suo
I really like your work I hope you continue

lbooodl

Jun 14, 2017
Hello,can someone turn on the light. Emily is really cute, but the picture is too dark to recognize, can you get a better light source. And please change the angle of view, that camera angle of view is really suck, it ruins so many good scenes, when that fat photographer cums, we can only see that fat body but nothing, and so does the other sex scenes. And when Emily puts on the blindfold, it is better in third-person view than Emily's view, after all, the facial expression of the girl is the point of the blindfold play.

TNT3

Sep 1, 2017

- Suo
hope u get sorted

Reactions: Centurion

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
I am loving the idea of this story so far, and agree with your ideas of slowing/lengthening the transformation from "girl with dreams" to "corrupted whore in a backroom". Consider making her sleep in the streets the first night, make the situation feel more dire. She can always just go home, right? Make Alex seem more like her only option. Max can take her in, but make her earn a place to stay, should she want it. Also, even once Emily accepts to do the things with Alex, it would be nice to see the inner dialogue a bit more resistant. She can be enjoying the feeling, but more inner conflict would be great.

Also, as more and more clients use Emily in the backroom (it says "content to be added" now) when it goes back to the shot of Emily, she should have even more cum on her than before. Some in her hair, mouth, face, over the blindfold, etc.

I really hope you can get things sorted and continue the regular updates. I'll be happy to back you on Patreon once there is more content added! This is exactly the kind of theme that I am into.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes