VN Ren'Py Abandoned California Bound [v0.0.6 early access] [Suo Mynona]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

elcypress

Nov 8, 2017
Do the game is still alive or abandoned?

As I mentioned in my last post, my life as been undergoing change as I'm settling into my new life. Most of my belongings including the archived development copy of CB is still in storage.
On the good news front, I've found somewhere to live and will be moving in the first week of May. I'll have everything out of storage by the second week of May and back on track with the game development.

In the short term, I've picked up a laptop so I can continue to work on update 0.0.6 story narration and dialogue leaving image rendering for when my development system is out of storage.

What does this mean for you?

Update 0.0.6 should hit Alpha by the end of May and I'll be back on track with the development pace after that.

For everyone who stuck with me during this difficult time, thank you.

- Suo

Reactions: Firebless

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
I'm glad to hear that you are getting things back on track Suo - but I'm VERY glad to know that you can now continue with this interesting game... I can't wait to see what happens in the future!

Aizar

Feb 17, 2018
Well done Suo... nice to hear that you are starting again... Waiting for the next good job.....

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
It will be awhile before the link appears here on F95. Update 0.0.6 is essentially a complete rewrite of the game to play as a pure visual novel. This way I can focus on the story versus constantly attempting to balance the game engine. This means that all content from each path has to be created for each day.

Update 0.0.6 will have content for the first two days across all story paths - around 12 paths by end of day 2.

I've sent my Patreon subscribers a special early access showing day one content for comment and feedback on the new approach and will sending weekly updates until day 2 content is complete. Once update 0.0.6 is finished, i'll release as normal.

Aizar

Feb 17, 2018
Thank's for the new update I started a new game but two issues pop up in my game. The first speaking with Andrea the second after the new look of Amanda...I've my traceback text file here. No other issues... and the game is starting very interesting.... Good luck!

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I'm planning early access this weekend again with all but one path for day one complete. As these paths are new content the image rendering is slowing things down. I should have a good portion of day two complete the following week with the plan of getting full update 0.0.6 out this month.

Why so long?

Update is a complete rewrite of the game with the full content of the first two days of all story paths. This is about four times the content of the prior five releases combined. Once this is complete, I'm expecting to get back to my old twice monthly release schedule.

It will take a bit to build the old pipeline back up from Alpha, Beta, Pre-Release, and Release schedules I had going before the last bit of troubles but should be on track by end of July.

The current goal is each update containing two days in the life of Emily across all story paths.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Update 0.0.6 is STILL in progress with most of day one content now completed.

Completed:
- Prolog sequence
- Coffee shop scene
- Meeting Max and first evening spent with him (Emily gets new clothes and hairdo)
- Alex interview sequence
- Emily day one coffee shop whore sequence
- Emily pet training

To be done:
- Evening with Alex
- Meeting Zack and finding work at Bill's bar
- Meeting Frank and going to his studio where Emily meets Alondra
- Encountering Darren on the streets and concequences
- Spending the night at the underpass

This will complete the content for day one for all story paths. I've been sending out in-progress snapshots to my Patreons as things progress and the feedback on the new approach has been positive. Once update 0.0.6 is complete I'll upload it here.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes