VN Ren'Py Abandoned California Bound [v0.0.6 early access] [Suo Mynona]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
the game is quite interesting and makes ansich so fun but now it is ridiculous there are more black pictures with text to swear than anything else in the sex in the back that is so stupid and ridiculous if I want to look at black pictures then switch I turn off the monitor and look at it
sometimes one or the other is ok but most sex scence in the dark ?? ne thanks that's just ridiculous and annoying
This has been a topic that's being worked on. Before update 0.0.4 all images were rendered from Emily's point of view. I switched that in 0.0.4 to the active character's point of view. That's why the scenes are black; Emily is blindfolded.

So the question is, was showing the darkness while Emily thought about what was happening useful to the story?

Anyway, I'm running a poll on my Patreon page to find out. There is a vocal group that wants better sex scenes by going to third person viewpoint. Is there a silent group that's happy with first person? Or not? That's what I hope the poll will tell me.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
This has been a topic that's being worked on. Before update 0.0.4 all images were rendered from Emily's point of view. I switched that in 0.0.4 to the active character's point of view. That's why the scenes are black; Emily is blindfolded.

So the question is, was showing the darkness while Emily thought about what was happening useful to the story?

Anyway, I'm running a poll on my Patreon page to find out. There is a vocal group that wants better sex scenes by going to third person viewpoint. Is there a silent group that's happy with first person? Or not? That's what I hope the poll will tell me.

Personally, I feel if it's a game where we never see the MC, then suddenly having a 3rd person is immersion breaking, but in games like this one where we see the MC all the time, then it makes sense to have 3rd person sex scenes. Also it depends if your player-base for this game and if they prefer to watch the girl have sex (3rd), or they want to be the girl having sex (1st).

Personally I feel the dark scenes aren't much fun, and feel like missing images, even though I understand what you are going for. This entire game is really 3rd person, so making those blind-fold scenes first person makes no sense.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Personally, I feel if it's a game where we never see the MC, then suddenly having a 3rd person is immersion breaking, but in games like this one where we see the MC all the time, then it makes sense to have 3rd person sex scenes. Also it depends if your player-base for this game and if they prefer to watch the girl have sex (3rd), or they want to be the girl having sex (1st).

Personally I feel the dark scenes aren't much fun, and feel like missing images, even though I understand what you are going for. This entire game is really 3rd person, so making those blind-fold scenes first person makes no sense.
It will take some time to finalize the approach. I'm already through rendering 0.0.5 and finishing up scripting in time to have the alpha testing pre-release ready by this weekend. Update 0.0.5 uses the same shifting first person viewpoint used in 0.0.4 with a slight tweak. One of the scenes is an audition with Frank; that scene uses three points of view in the rendering: Emily, Frank, and the camera for third person overview.

While, there is a vocal group wanting third person, the poll is currently showing a unanimous vote for continuing the shifting first person view point with one person double voting for shifting first person for the majority of the game and having third person for sex scenes. Depending on poll results, I'll start testing out that option as part of 0.0.6 development.

As the blindfold scene with Emily wasn't well received, that might be my testing ground by rendering additional third person images instead of the current blackness.

So this week's schedule:
  1. Update 0.0.5 will enter pre-release for alpha testing to my current Alpha Patrons.
  2. The poll for update 0.0.6 content direction will close the same time 0.0.5 enters pre-release
  3. The poll for point of view will stay open through 0.0.6 development.
  4. Development of 0.0.6 will start this weekend.

Reactions: UncleVT

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Looking to gather feedback and gauge interest in my doing a live stream of my development activity next year. This way, people can join and see scenes being organized and give input on viewpoint, character posing, etc. I'm looking at several of the live streaming platforms that will allow both joining a live-stream in progress including chat, and ability to watch archived streams.

Thoughts? Yes/No on interest? If yes, what features do you want for the live-stream?

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
It looks like I'll be keeping up my weekly development through January (still unemployed) so January's tentative release schedule:

December 31:
0.0.5 Alpha testing
0.0.7 content poll opens​
January 7:
0.0.5 Beta testing
0.0.6 Alpha testing
0.0.7 content poll closes
0.0.8 content poll opens​
January 14:
0.0.5 pre-release
0.0.6 Beta testing
0.0.7 Alpha testing
0.0.8 content poll closes
0.0.9 content poll opens​
January 21:
0.0.4 free on Itch
0.0.5 release to Itch (paid) & available here
0.0.6 pre-release
0.0.7 Beta testing
0.0.8 Alpha testing
0.0.9 content poll closes
0.0.10 content poll opens​
January 31: (50% chapter one content milestone!)
0.0.5 free on Itch
0.0.6 paid on itch & available here
0.0.7 pre-release
0.0.8 Beta testing
0.0.9 Alpha testing
0.0.10 content poll closes
0.0.11 content poll opens​

Yes, that means a pause here for nearly a month. I pushed out my release pipeline early so everyone could get something extra for the holidays.

Looking to achieve the following goals by end of January:
  • Afford better models and additional art assets that I'll need for the new chapter 2 locations
  • Afford to enable live-streaming my development

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Depending on poll results, I'll start testing out that option as part of 0.0.6 development.
Well, the poll results are showing a strong desire for a shifting point of view that shows Emily in third person. Due to computer issues and having to recreate half of my update 0.0.5 content, I decided to play with this for a bit in update 0.0.5.

Here are a few renders showing a believable reason for the third person viewpoint. The first are the security cameras Alex has installed. The second are the cameras Frank uses.
utility_spot_camera2_camera_pov.png utility_spot_camera2_emily_pov.png csup_emily_dressed_pose_2.png csup_frank_naked_cam2_pov.png csup_frank_naked_dsl_pov.png

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
This game has a great start. Hopefully it gets to be filled out more.

I would like to see it having very split paths, and more to explore.

I want to see it spread out so you pragmatically can choose to be a good girl, or total whore.

I'd like to see it have various ending where she:

1) Meets a nice guy, becomes a stay at home mom
2) Single and successful woman actress
3) Homeless street whore drug addict
4) Subby slave to various guys
5) Lesbian paths

What the game needs most right now is simply more content to expand things. I'd like to see a clothing shop added, maybe turning tricks on the street. Maybe add some scenes where the parents get concerned and come out to find the daughter... Possibly they send some private investigator. Would also rewrite the story so that the protagonist starts out as a virgin.

This game has a shitload of potential to be built upon, and expanded into one of the best games on here. Hopefully we won't be let down.

Also want to add that the level of whore that the protagonist should be should have variables.

Bottom being street walking hooker / turning tricks at the coffee shop.
Above that being possibly a higher class call girl.
Above that being like a big actress in a film that has to suck off a dirty old director.

With the Harvey Weinstein crap in the news this game could expand upon that narrative.

sentenz

Sep 21, 2017
It will take some time to finalize the approach. I'm already through rendering 0.0.5 and finishing up scripting in time to have the alpha testing pre-release ready by this weekend. Update 0.0.5 uses the same shifting first person viewpoint used in 0.0.4 with a slight tweak. One of the scenes is an audition with Frank; that scene uses three points of view in the rendering: Emily, Frank, and the camera for third person overview.

While, there is a vocal group wanting third person, the poll is currently showing a unanimous vote for continuing the shifting first person view point with one person double voting for shifting first person for the majority of the game and having third person for sex scenes. Depending on poll results, I'll start testing out that option as part of 0.0.6 development.

As the blindfold scene with Emily wasn't well received, that might be my testing ground by rendering additional third person images instead of the current blackness.

So this week's schedule:
  1. Update 0.0.5 will enter pre-release for alpha testing to my current Alpha Patrons.
  2. The poll for update 0.0.6 content direction will close the same time 0.0.5 enters pre-release
  3. The poll for point of view will stay open through 0.0.6 development.
  4. Development of 0.0.6 will start this weekend.
You don't need to do 3rd person and break with your shifting POV style to replace the black screens when she is blindfolded.

Why not just render what's in her mind, what she thinks is going on and imagines as pictures in her mind?

When i close my eyes but can still hear, smell and feel my mind fills in what my eyes don't see and gives me a foggy picture of my surroundings right before my eyes, even when they are not "working"... a dark, incomplete visual of my surroundings in my mind.

There is so much potential there for you to play with the renders that her mind would produce because what she will "see" is not 100% accurate to what is really going on and you could overact something or underact, exxagerate or simply leave things out she could miss.

Just a suggestion.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
For those wondering about the delay. I suffered computer issues over the holidays and had to rebuild and reload. I lost about a week worth of work that I had to recreate. That was the first part of the delay.

The second part was taking the opportunity to consider what I've created and identify the parts I like and the parts I don't. I changed update 0.0.5 to being a rework of the game from scratch to play more like a visual novel and less like a grind for stuff RPG. I've added many more scene renders mainly focusing on story expanding ways of including third person images of Emily. The story is now told from many points of view giving the player background information that Emily doesn't know. Use this knowledge wisely...

Update 0.0.5 will release with a whole new game mechanic where the play through feels like Emily is changing/growing over time. My focus is to get all the coffee shop into the game so I can move on to other things. The coffee shop is now a place that slowly corrupts Emily over time: first into Alex's whore, and then into a pet Alex owns. This corruption plays out over 4-8 days depending on how fast you allow Emily to be corrupted. If this isn't the path you want Emily to take, leave and don't come back before it's too late.

Update 0.0.5 will enter alpha testing this weekend for feedback on the new approach. It looks like I'm two weeks behind the schedule I posted above so I'll focus each update on a single location until I catch up to my original release schedule.

The update 0.0.6 poll is still open on my Patreon page to determine what gets worked on next. It will be one of the following locations: Alex Apartment, Bill's Bar, Darren's Crib, or Max's Apartment. Again, I'll focus on getting all chapter 1 content finished as part of the update.

cs_interview_kneel_cam2.png cs_interview_customer1_intro.png utility_spot_camera2_camera_pov.png csup_emily_dressed_pose_2.png csp_customer1_force_cam1.png

- Suo

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017
For those wondering about the delay. I suffered computer issues over the holidays and had to rebuild and reload. I lost about a week worth of work that I had to recreate. That was the first part of the delay.

The second part was taking the opportunity to consider what I've created and identify the parts I like and the parts I don't. I changed update 0.0.5 to being a rework of the game from scratch to play more like a visual novel and less like a grind for stuff RPG. I've added many more scene renders mainly focusing on story expanding ways of including third person images of Emily. The story is now told from many points of view giving the player background information that Emily doesn't know. Use this knowledge wisely...

Update 0.0.5 will release with a whole new game mechanic where the play through feels like Emily is changing/growing over time. My focus is to get all the coffee shop into the game so I can move on to other things. The coffee shop is now a place that slowly corrupts Emily over time: first into Alex's whore, and then into a pet Alex owns. This corruption plays out over 4-8 days depending on how fast you allow Emily to be corrupted. If this isn't the path you want Emily to take, leave and don't come back before it's too late.

Update 0.0.5 will enter alpha testing this weekend for feedback on the new approach. It looks like I'm two weeks behind the schedule I posted above so I'll focus each update on a single location until I catch up to my original release schedule.

The update 0.0.6 poll is still open on my Patreon page to determine what gets worked on next. It will be one of the following locations: Alex Apartment, Bill's Bar, Darren's Crib, or Max's Apartment. Again, I'll focus on getting all chapter 1 content finished as part of the update.

View attachment 57738 View attachment 57739 View attachment 57740 View attachment 57741 View attachment 57742

- Suo

With new mechanics, May I assume a new start is required?

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
With new mechanics, May I assume a new start is required?
Yes, It's a completely new play through with scene renders added to the prolog, a new city mechanic to explore the city from first person viewpoint, and a new control logic that guides the story progression. Since I've tripled the amount of images in the game, it's IMHO worth the replay to see the new content.

I've also about tripled the amount of dialog and story building content that you'd miss from a saved game. In my test play through it takes about 2 hours to see the content if you read the dialog and not skip.

Ren'Py lint report, generated at: Sat Jan 13

Statistics:

The game contains 1,683 dialogue blocks, containing 18,040 words and 91,255
characters, for an average of 10.7 words and 54 characters per block.

The game contains 53 menus, 210 images, and 24 screens.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
The important thing is that you feel comfortable with your creation. The game is in its earlies and you can change what you don't like, which will make for a better experience for users. The delays don't matter if they come with a good improvement.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Update 0.0.5 is entering alpha testing today. here are the release notes:

0.0.5:
  • Redid city scene to include multiple streets that Emily can explore.
  • Expanded prolog to include two new image renders.
  • Reworked coffee shop waitress sequence to show slow corruption of Emily.
  • Reworked Bill encounter at coffee shop (First event).
  • Reworked Darren encounter at coffee shop (Second event).
  • Added Frank audition scene available at coffee shop as waitress special event (Third event).
  • Added three additional prostitution scenes at coffee shop
  • Added post prostitution coffee shop sequence to show slow submission of Emily

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
ap_invite_emily.png
Starting work on update 0.0.6:

Well, It's been a long time coming, but the new location, Alex's Apartment, is the focus of update 0.0.6. What will be in store for Emily if she decides to visit? What happens after she decides to become Alex's pet? It's time for us to find out...

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Kept forgetting to post this but to me Alex's hair to me doesn't really look right for them every time I look at them I laugh because it always looks like they're wearing a wig.

Reactions: XJ347

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Kept forgetting to post this but to me Alex's hair to me doesn't really look right for them every time I look at them I laugh because it always looks like they're wearing a wig.
Maybe there's a story behind it ...

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Hey Suo, when do you think the 0.0.5 is gonna go in pre release? I'm curious to try it :) (skipped 0.0.4)

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Hey Suo, when do you think the 0.0.5 is gonna go in pre release? I'm curious to try it :) (skipped 0.0.4)
This weekend it will be in Beta. (10$ patreons)
Next weekend it will be in pre-release. ($5 patreons)
Week after that will be full release. (For sale on Itch and free here)

Reactions: Mwanted

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
This weekend it will be in Beta. (10$ patreons)
Next weekend it will be in pre-release. ($5 patreons)
Week after that will be full release. (For sale on Itch and free here)
Hey, just tried the game. Here is my feedback on what I saw the last 10 minutes, expect me to be blunt\honest :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
0.0.5:
  • Redid city scene to include multiple streets that Emily can explore.
  • Expanded prolog to include two new image renders.
  • Reworked coffee shop waitress sequence to show slow corruption of Emily.
  • Reworked Bill encounter at coffee shop (First event).
  • Reworked Darren encounter at coffee shop (Second event).
  • Added Frank audition scene available at coffee shop as waitress special event (Third event).
  • Added three additional prostitution scenes at coffee shop
  • Added post prostitution coffee shop sequence to show slow submission of Emily
Update 0.0.5 is now available both on Itch and here.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes