VN Ren'Py Abandoned California Bound [v0.0.6 early access] [Suo Mynona]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

AOH

Sep 18, 2017
Why was the option "Take care of business" removed from the restroom of the coffee shop?

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
@suo_mynona
All very interesting.
I guess there's the possibility that she loses that battle and that's gonna influence the subsequent self revelation.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Why was the option "Take care of business" removed from the restroom of the coffee shop?
It didn't add anything. I decided to not implement a "must pee" mini game as it didn't effect the plot. I'm playing with a morning wake up scene at max's apartment where that's a part of it. If you see just how many mirrors are in that bathroom you can see why it makes more sense to move it to that location... I'm happy to provide a potty fan service while moving the plot forward, just didn't make sense at the coffee shop with all the prostitution events that are planned.

Max's apartment is the main location of the potential romantic interest progression with max. That means catching each other using the toilet & bath, moves the sub-plot forward.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
cs_interview_emily_kneel_blindfold.png

Update 0.0.4 is almost through testing with a tentative release here Dec 24. Depending on you're decisions, Emily starts down a dark path towards becoming Alex's Pet...

max_apartment_lobby.png

Also, a new location, Max's apartment gets added to the game. It will take several updates before Max's apartment is feature complete, but you can at least have the option of renting the room.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Have a question will she be able to have any female interests in the game or is it just going to be all male? Looking at the screenshot she looks cute and sexy but I will not download it till there is a real choice added and not just the moleshitation/corruption pathway. Hopefully when the purity route is add that it doesn't get removed like the dev did with Katie's corruption. Halfway though the game the dev stated that after this update the purity route will be gone and right after that their game was in the trash and I was hitting the burn mother fucker burn button.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Have a question will she be able to have any female interests in the game or is it just going to be all male? Looking at the screenshot she looks cute and sexy but I will not download it till there is a real choice added and not just the moleshitation/corruption pathway. Hopefully when the purity route is add that it doesn't get removed like the dev did with Katie's corruption. Halfway though the game the dev stated that after this update the purity route will be gone and right after that their game was in the trash and I was hitting the burn mother fucker burn button.
Before chapter one is feature complete those options will be in place. Bill's bar adds non-corruption options from a work perspective. Max apartment is the non-corruption (Potential boyfriend seduction) path for the initial place to live. She needs to settle into her new place before she can have some time to make some female friends. As we get closer to 0.1.0 let me know if you don't believe I've done justice to those options.

Once all the 0.1.0 content is in place the main corruption path, Alex's coffee shop is largely optional. A few close calls to show the consequences of her bad decision during the prolog but nothing that keeps her of a "purity" path.

Reactions: Nalassa and UncleVT

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Hopefully when the purity route is add that it doesn't get removed like the dev did with Katie's corruption.
Depends what you're expecting. Emily is a healthy college age person who's looking to build a new life in California while chasing her dream. She's not a nun. As long as your expectations align to what any real life single woman does while building a life, we can agree on the content of a purity path. Real people date. Real people have sex.

I want to be clear, Emily isn't some under age virgin out to protect her chastity as she chases her dream. She's a college age woman, if a bit sheltered, that has the potential to achieve her dream. Depending on choices that may involve a significant other.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
How are you handling the pregnancy fetish if any existant?
I'm not for several reasons.

One: The theme across all story paths is the consequences of decisions. I want the major decision for Emily abandoning her dreams to be an internal one and not imposed through pregnancy.
Two: I don't want to build a contraception mini-game that doesn't drive the plot forward.
Three: I already have a limited budget for art assets and pregnancy assets will detract from what I'm already waiting to afford buying.

The tags for this game pretty much describe what types of content will be in the game.

Reactions: Mwanted

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Cool then I'll wait till it gets to where she has a place to settle in at and can start meeting female friends then I'll let her seduce them. Max I'll ignore them as well as Bill Alex I won't worry about because Emily will be a tea drinker in my game who hates coffee so she won't have anything to do with the place or him.

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
I know its a stretch, but can't we find a real friend that doesn't want to fuck her over. Maybe a supportive character but can go sideways if Emily fuckd her/him over.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I know its a stretch, but can't we find a real friend that doesn't want to fuck her over. Maybe a supportive character but can go sideways if Emily fuckd her/him over.
Zack comes to mind, anything there is Emily's choice. Read between the lines with Bill & Max dialog... Before 0.1.0 is finished the cast of characters will have the good, bad, and ugly - male and female.

suo_mynona

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Will there be a lesbian romance in this game?
It's something I didn't have originally plotted for; however, some feedback has shown interest. I'm considering if it can be worked into the existing plot paths or if another plot path containing it will be unique enough to justify including.

TLDR: not yet, maybe.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes