Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Don't worry, the only reason I don't joke more about it myself is that I still have some shame left. XD XD XD
You're one of the good ones. :LUL:

As far as putting the game on Steam you could do what Third Crisis did.
Steam is one version behind the Patreon but it's a one-time buy in for people who prefer to purchase it that way to support you.
A lot of games do it that way, put the game on Steam in Early Access and just do the normal timed release Patreon does for its tiers.

Just a thought.
Either way, you're the boss. :lepew:

Reactions: mdqp

May 2, 2018
I have a question is that the walkthrough will be updated or not because it still says version 0.990

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
1st temple location ?
Just go to sleep in your house. When you wake up the next day and try to leave the house, someone will knock at the door. He is a friend of your uncle, and knows the location. After this encounter you can go talk to him in the mages guild.

I have a question is that the walkthrough will be updated or not because it still says version 0.990
The walkthrough will be updated, yes. I'll probably do it a few days from now (I don't know how long it will take, since there is quite a lot to document).

is there any way to do a ng+?
Short answer: no. If you are playing the free version, the ending still isn't properly in place, but when that arrives you will be able to continue playing, if you wish to. That's just if you want to see if you missed anything, or if you want to play around with the repeatable scenes, however.

Reactions: 349120

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
So what are the conditions for the ending of chapter 3? I finished the third temple and talked with parents already
Let's see... Did you talk to Alpharius as well? Also, try to walk outside on the world map, that's where you usually get the warning if you can advance the chapter (the warning is kind of necessary, although I should change how it's delivered, probably).

Do you have any unfinished entries in the questlog?

Foxdemon6667

Aug 18, 2020
Let's see... Did you talk to Alpharius as well? Also, try to walk outside on the world map, that's where you usually get the warning if you can advance the chapter (the warning is kind of necessary, although I should change how it's delivered, probably).

Do you have any unfinished entries in the questlog?
Thank you for replying, it is nice to see such an active developer. I completed blood ties and the temple quest, but the latter I did using the skip debug. I probably broke it with that, but I just wanted to make sure it was that. Getting to chapter 3 using the skip seemed to work fine (I just used the skips in appropriate moments, not one after the other)

I understand if you don't want to help someone debug something that doesn't really provide a usecase. Though if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Do you happen to have a flowchart for the storyprogression (with conditionals)? This would probably help with the new walkthrough and also with dev/debug troubleshooting. If you need any help with it you can dm me if you want.

EDIT: wanted to say I really like your game so far and that's also one of the reasons I decided to post something here. Keep it up!

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Thank you for replying, it is nice to see such an active developer. I completed blood ties and the temple quest, but the latter I did using the skip debug. I probably broke it with that, but I just wanted to make sure it was that. Getting to chapter 3 using the skip seemed to work fine (I just used the skips in appropriate moments, not one after the other)

I understand if you don't want to help someone debug something that doesn't really provide a usecase. Though if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Do you happen to have a flowchart for the storyprogression (with conditionals)? This would probably help with the new walkthrough and also with dev/debug troubleshooting. If you need any help with it you can dm me if you want.

EDIT: wanted to say I really like your game so far and that's also one of the reasons I decided to post something here. Keep it up!
Oh, I see. So you first completed blood ties, and then used the skip for the temple. Now that I look at it, that does cause an issue, you are right. I'll fix it so that the skip checks before changing the variable.

I actually don't have a flowchart. I always had good memory, so while I did take some notes here and there, I don't have a proper document for the various branches. I should actually do that for my next game, though, together with some proper planning (so that I work with a precise scope in mind). Would you recommend any specific software for creating the flowchart? What did you have in mind for helping?

I am glad you like the game. At the end of the day, I make games to share them, so it's always cool to know my efforts are appreciated. ^_^

P.S.
If you want me to, I can edit the savefile, so you can go past this problem. If I am right, it's just a single variable value that's causing the issue.

Foxdemon6667

Aug 18, 2020
Oh, I see. So you first completed blood ties, and then used the skip for the temple. Now that I look at it, that does cause an issue, you are right. I'll fix it so that the skip checks before changing the variable.

I actually don't have a flowchart. I always had good memory, so while I did take some notes here and there, I don't have a proper document for the various branches. I should actually do that for my next game, though, together with some proper planning (so that I work with a precise scope in mind). Would you recommend any specific software for creating the flowchart? What did you have in mind for helping?

I am glad you like the game. At the end of the day, I make games to share them, so it's always cool to know my efforts are appreciated. ^_^

P.S.
If you want me to, I can edit the savefile, so you can go past this problem. If I am right, it's just a single variable value that's causing the issue.
Oh wow dude you went all the way and then some, I thank you for that. Save 24 is just before I activated the 3>4 skip, save 25 is after the skip and I tried some other stuff.

I thought you did most things from memory since your way of working seems very relatable haha. If you want cheap and dirty draw.io is the simplest solution. Lucidchart is a more professional approach I think, but I have never used it personally.

I believe it is never too late to straighten things out for you current project so I thought maybe I could try to make a flowchart for you if you can provide me with some data about the events and triggers. Since I don't know much about the backend it will be a really basic one mostly for walkthrough purposes, but maybe you can turn it into something useful for yourself if you have a base. For me the sharing is also very enjoyable so I would be happy if I can provide anything :)

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Oh wow dude you went all the way and then some, I thank you for that. Save 24 is just before I activated the 3>4 skip, save 25 is after the skip and I tried some other stuff.

I thought you did most things from memory since your way of working seems very relatable haha. If you want cheap and dirty draw.io is the simplest solution. Lucidchart is a more professional approach I think, but I have never used it personally.

I believe it is never too late to straighten things out for you current project so I thought maybe I could try to make a flowchart for you if you can provide me with some data about the events and triggers. Since I don't know much about the backend it will be a really basic one mostly for walkthrough purposes, but maybe you can turn it into something useful for yourself if you have a base. For me the sharing is also very enjoyable so I would be happy if I can provide anything :)
Okay, I fixed save 25, you should be able to start the next chapter normally now.

I think I got to the size where working from memory only is a bad idea, but old habits die hard. XD Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try draw.io.

I like your optimism, although it seems very late in the project to try and use a different approach now. What kind of data would you need, for example?

Anon2579

Jul 29, 2020
Go to door of flooded room, click to see its locked, then ask at reception about it (Receptionist will say 2 mages fought in room and Erica will be interested in entering room) Next go to back of Inn (1 Step left from the bit obscured by the roof) and use transformation mouse (Unlocked in first shapeshifter temple), after that she will enter room, pickup the shiny on floor to obtain mana seed (Permanent +5 Mana storage when consumed, 1 of 2 in the entire game if memory serves)

Mar 18, 2022
Go to door of flooded room, click to see its locked, then ask at reception about it (Receptionist will say 2 mages fought in room and Erica will be interested in entering room) Next go to back of Inn (1 Step left from the bit obscured by the roof) and use transformation mouse (Unlocked in first shapeshifter temple), after that she will enter room, pickup the shiny on floor to obtain mana seed (Permanent +5 Mana storage when consumed, 1 of 2 in the entire game if memory serves)
how to enter the building in tarisa in which there is devil?

Anon2579

Jul 29, 2020
how to enter the building in tarisa in which there is devil?
Which one? The one with the Sealed away horned dragon (Looks like a demon)? Or the one in the succubi in the desert trading outpost (need the trader permit to access) or do you mean the chapter 5 demon.

Horned Dragon is go round to back of wall on ground floor pagoda and interact with wall, then use detect magic and dispell on rock, then take portal and walk to them.

Trading post... go to empty house (looks like blacksmith) and use push on barrel in right upper corner then interact with hidden trap door.

If refering to trapped demon in northern port town... you need to resonance detector (obtained from Professor Kendar after completing the quest to get his help, you need to have gotten to Chapter 3 and had gaart say he felt the uncle temporarily and chatted with Alpharius before you can speak to Kendar... then have a high enough guild rank, intelligence or have unlocked sapient transformation and seduced him to get his help.

Return when prompted to pick up tuner then use in north port to get to closed door.

To enter property go to house above (with stair to roof) then do hop puzzle (Go to left then hop to that roof, then north, then climb vines to top, then hop west and go down stairs to enter property.)

NOTE: If you used alpharius help 2 times or more before that point you WILL be captured when entering... which involves a puzzle to break out of the cage Erica is stuffed into (Mouse transform to escape cage, then interact with shiny on shelf to get recipe and make acid to break cuffs)

Use juice”, “korett” and “solidus” to break cuffs.

After that go downstairs (Grab holy resistance charm if you want to make your life easier, in chest- Code is 4516) and face the boss (2 phases one is 2 zealots with 220 health whom will seal your magic and heal the main boss, the excosist preist (440hp) whom will cast holy blasts that HURT).

Defeat all Zealots then face priest or Dps Preist (Hard but doable without spells and with healing...) then face minor goddess (990 HP, Holy spells hit like a truck so dont be surpised if you need healing or need to swam summon for this, defeat her then enjoy cutscene with demon and potential lewd before prep for entry of portal (Not yet doable).

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes