cpdk

Aug 8, 2018
Does it happen as soon as you enter the institute, or after you speak to the nun? Do you have a savefile you could send me, perhaps?
I found out that it only happens when you try to enter the institute on the first day.

Satalin

Jul 24, 2017
hmm i don`t know if this only happend only to me but when i try to enter the bazaar at night i get a bug that let me only see this
Caliross bug 1.jpg

and i can enter the menü and leave the area but this pic stays

Save01 is right befor the bug
save02 is right after the bug

and if there a fix please tell me thanks

Reactions: PofB

cpdk

Aug 8, 2018
hmm i don`t know if this only happend only to me but when i try to enter the bazaar at night i get a bug that let me only see this
View attachment 2864792

I also wanted to report that, it´s because the picture for the scene is new and the code to delete it after the scene was finished was forgotten.

A cheat item to force delete such pictures like in other beta games would be useful to avoid such situations.

In key items the time control item has the option to erase such pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: PofB

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I found out that it only happens when you try to enter the institute on the first day.
I figured out how it's happening, but not why. If you remember, could you tell me what you did prior to going to the institute? There is a variable which is changed in a way that shouldn't, and it's causing the issue.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018

For the fix, right now you can open the menu, go to "key items" and find "time control". It's a debug tool, and you can select "erase pictures" to work around this issue.

This has been fixed in the patreon version, but it will be a month or so before that version goes public.

Satalin

Jul 24, 2017
For the fix, right now you can open the menu, go to "key items" and find "time control". It's a debug tool, and you can select "erase pictures" to work around this issue.

This has been fixed in the patreon version, but it will be a month or so before that version goes public.
thx that works

Reactions: mdqp

cpdk

Aug 8, 2018
I figured out how it's happening, but not why. If you remember, could you tell me what you did prior to going to the institute? There is a variable which is changed in a way that shouldn't, and it's causing the issue.
I only went into the mirror in the house and nothing else as far as i can remember, but I can´t trigger the error with a new game and do the same things again.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I only went into the mirror in the house and nothing else as far as i can remember, but I can´t trigger the error with a new game and do the same things again.
I guess we'll chalk it off to some random issue, then. I think I checked all the times I manipulate the variable, and I couldn't find one you can meet this early on that could cause the problem.

Flargnock

Oct 1, 2017
To avoid the bad ending, you must pick the option "just talk to him" enough times that he starts saying "ke-ke-ke! You are funny, little one!". If you don't talk to him, you should get the bad ending when he is freed, instead. What's happening to you, exactly?
Sorry for not being clear.

I'm specifically trying to get the bad ending. I go up to him and try to release him by asking for wishes three times. I purposely avoid talking to him so the two won't get friendlier.

When I ask for him to reverse time a third time, instead of being freed (which I think is supposed to happen), he just goes back to sleep. I'm pretty sure the "being freed" event is supposed to trigger but that the game isn't recognizing the flag.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Sorry for not being clear.

I'm specifically trying to get the bad ending. I go up to him and try to release him by asking for wishes three times. I purposely avoid talking to him so the two won't get friendlier.

When I ask for him to reverse time a third time, instead of being freed (which I think is supposed to happen), he just goes back to sleep. I'm pretty sure the "being freed" event is supposed to trigger but that the game isn't recognizing the flag.
I see what the problem is. I made a mistake (or maybe I originally designed it like this but I forgot) and the dragon requires 4 wishes to trigger the final scene, instead of 3. Just get it to help you one more time to see the ending.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I really hope they remake this game in MV one day like Nymphomaniac Priestess is doing right now...
Never say never, but that seems a lot of work for relatively little creative return, so I'd need to see an impressive amount of interest for that to happen. At least I have all the art in high resolution, so that part would be covered, for the most part.

thymrman

May 20, 2019
I guess we'll chalk it off to some random issue, then. I think I checked all the times I manipulate the variable, and I couldn't find one you can meet this early on that could cause the problem.
I've managed to also find that Institute bug on Day 1. I think it is related to the Maid job and if you get the old man scene. If I do the maid job and don't get the old man, I can proceed into the Institute without an issue, but with the old man scene it crashes when entering the building.

Save 2 I didn't get the old man scene, and doesn't crash.
Save 3 had the old man scene and crashes.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I've managed to also find that Institute bug on Day 1. I think it is related to the Maid job and if you get the old man scene. If I do the maid job and don't get the old man, I can proceed into the Institute without an issue, but with the old man scene it crashes when entering the building.

Save 2 I didn't get the old man scene, and doesn't crash.
Save 3 had the old man scene and crashes.
Is the only difference between the two that you got different results at the inn? The second save does indeed have the problem, but I can't get the issue to repeat in my own save when I meet the old man. Can you remember anything you did different between the two saves?

Edit: I think the bug happens before, and getting the other result at the inn actually "fixes" the bug, while the old man encounter leaves it as is.

Second edit: I think I found a solution, although the actual source of the bug eludes me. For some inane, baffling reason, the first variable of the game isn't set to 0 at the start of the game (that's the default value). All I did was set it to 0 manually right after the start of the game, and everything works fine. What's even more bizarre, is that after I "fixed" it, the variable works as intended even If I delete the fix.

I assume there is an issue with one of the scripts, and I might have to investigate them one by one to see if I can figure it out.

Long story short: the bug happened as soon as you fired up a new game (but it was often "masked" when the variable was used, and this specific variable is used all over the place, hence the seemingly "random" nature of the bug), and it happens before any of the in-game logic is used (which is why I couldn't find it looking through the events of the game). Its behaviour is really weird, which is also why it was hard to find. At least the fix is easier than figuring out why it's happening. XD

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped with this.

Last edited:

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
When I downloaded the game file the items and spells icons are missing
Is there a solution or there aren't icons to begin with?
Does the game run, otherwise? That's certainly not normal, which link did you use for the download? Do you have the RTP installed? It shouldn't matter for the icons, but might as well go down the checklist of common problems as well.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
The game runs with no problems some icons are there and some are missing it's a silly question sorry for that but I just wondered if it's like this or icons can be added?
All icons should be there normally. Could you give me a few examples of which icons are missing?

ballsencider

Jun 28, 2023
anyone know is the art in this game hand drawn? Everything from the character icons to the h scenes are so well made was wondering if I could find a site that would help me make similar art

Reactions: Asdffkdkdk

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
anyone know is the art in this game hand drawn? Everything from the character icons to the h scenes are so well made was wondering if I could find a site that would help me make similar art
99% of the stuff is hand drawn, yes (actually, I assume 100% is, but I can't really know for sure about some of the DLCs I bought). The game had two main artists for the h-scenes so far: and (in case you want to commission them for art). As for the sprites and tilesets used in the game, usually they come from DLCs for RPG Maker, free stuff people shared online, and some (awful) personal edits when I needed something very specific.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Another release is ready to take off*! Download the game or at . Check the changelog , wonder why that one thing you really wanted in the game is always pushed to the next month**!

*I have not practiced landings, however, so board at your own peril.

**That might or might not be a bait to keep you guys supporting my Patreon one extra month... Or I am just lazy.

Direct link:

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes