mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I am stuck on the blood ties quest. I already got an audience with Kendar but he keeps telling me that he needs time and not to disturb his mental prowess. When I check the quest log "Talk to Alpharius" and "Speak to Kendar" are green but "Find a way to get an audience with Kendar" and "Tell your parents what you learned" are still white. Shouldnt the audience think be checked off already? What can I do to progress at this point?
Are you a student at the academy? If I had to guess, this is probably a minor oversight from the days when you couldn't be one. Before the academy was properly added, all you had available were alternative methods, and so there was a need to point it out in the quest log. It's just a visual issue, and as long as you talk to your parents and Alpharius (again) you should still be able to complete the quest.

I'll make sure to mark that entry as complete when you speak to Kendar in the future, at the very least.

BE WARNED: SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING HERE

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On the subject of the cg's... it depends on how long term you wanna keep working on this project. The thing is, if you have good artists and good creative energy in your writing, the sky is the limit with this game. You're on of the few people to attempt an H rpg and actually take it seriously, so I think if you wanted to you could do an overhaul of the existing content and take it to another level of quality, you could make it happen. It's just a matter of do you wanna keep at this thing or move onto something else. I would recommend the former just because you've proven you have a good formula. Seriously though, with just you and an artist working on it, the profit margins for an overhauled and expanded Caliross could be insane. Think about it.

And yeah I just get annoyed by faceless males in scenes. I know it's standard fare, but look, if I'm playing a female protagonist game, I'm probably bi or a girl, in either case seeing dude's faces isn't going to be a problem. I was loving a lot of the male scenes, like the femdom one with the sleazy green haired guy. But it's just missing that little bit of emotional content there that you get from being able to see a face.

I worked for several years on Caliross and I am already a few years behind schedule for a 1.0 release at this point. While this means I got the chance to add way more than I previously planned, it also meant that some of the original ideas I had never made it in the game. While I like the game, I'd probably burn-out on the project if I kept at it for another year or two.

Also, you'd be surprised, but long projects tend to lose support over time, so the more I work on Caliross, the more I stand to lower how much I make. Perhaps a new update a few years down the line could be different, but I wouldn't count on it. I have the next game lined up anyway, and that's a sequel to a previous game which can't really wait much longer either.

I get not loving the faceless males, totally understandable. I think I'll probably avoid that in the future, for the most part (although for random encounters with minor characters it still makes sense, and sometimes the framing is what it is).
The vast majority of the audience is still heterosexual males, though, so this is more of a "I think it's an improvement" than a "I think my audience really wants this".

Reactions: DKlebba and sunaboz

andersenryu

Mar 10, 2024
What the hell? I tried saving in Golden Leaf where the entrance guard is, and it deleted my save, and I can't save anymore (the error sound when trying to save)

edit: this was on v0.998a
I had the exactly the same problem happened today, my save has been gone into thin air and I had to start from the very beginning plz fix this problem fast dev

btw, this happened on v0.9.14

Last edited:

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I had the exactly the same problem happened today, my save has been gone into thin air and I had to start from the very beginning plz fix this problem fast dev

btw, this happened on v0.9.14
Was the game folder set to read-only, or was in some unusual folder (like "programs")? Those can cause issues.

No weird problems with the anti-virus either, right? Sadly, to the best of my knowledge, this isn't a problem with the game itself, but it's something on the user side interfering with the game, so I can't fix it myself.

andersenryu

Mar 10, 2024
Was the game folder set to read-only, or was in some unusual folder (like "programs")? Those can cause issues.

No weird problems with the anti-virus either, right? Sadly, to the best of my knowledge, this isn't a problem with the game itself, but it's something on the user side interfering with the game, so I can't fix it myself.
It was not in read-only, and I put in normal D drive folder, never under C drive program folders. And also, it was not about anti-virus program problem.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
It was not in read-only, and I put in normal D drive folder, never under C drive program folders. And also, it was not about anti-virus program problem.
Which version of windows are you on? Have you tried running the game in admin mode? Also, could you try moving the folder directly in D: without putting it inside any other folder? Let me know if any of these work.

andersenryu

Mar 10, 2024
Which version of windows are you on? Have you tried running the game in admin mode? Also, could you try moving the folder directly in D: without putting it inside any other folder? Let me know if any of these work.
I have recently updated my laptop software to newest version(Windows 10), and I didn't try running in admin mode yet. I'll try putting it into Directly under D and try playing with admin mode and see if it works. Thanks.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I have recently updated my laptop software to newest version(Windows 10), and I didn't try running in admin mode yet. I'll try putting it into Directly under D and try playing with admin mode and see if it works. Thanks.
No problem. Let me know if it works, in case it happens to other players. It might just be some weird weird authorization issue when creating the save file, and usually running a program as admin can bypass the problem.

Reactions: andersenryu

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
Always have a back up file and if the game refuses to let you save move around for a little bit or enter and leave a building a few times and should let you save again

holyfirer

Jul 26, 2024
Are you a student at the academy? If I had to guess, this is probably a minor oversight from the days when you couldn't be one. Before the academy was properly added, all you had available were alternative methods, and so there was a need to point it out in the quest log. It's just a visual issue, and as long as you talk to your parents and Alpharius (again) you should still be able to complete the quest.

I'll make sure to mark that entry as complete when you speak to Kendar in the future, at the very least.
I picked the game up again after a (very) long break so that might mess stuff up but I wouldnt want to start over from the beginning again. I did some academy content but I dont know if Im properly enrolled as a student if that wasnt a feature yet back then.
When I talk to Alpharius he tells me to wait for Kendar and I'm not sure if I can talk to the parents? I assume their village is in the south where the bad weather is blocking my access?

Awesome game by the way and thanks for responding

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I picked the game up again after a (very) long break so that might mess stuff up but I wouldnt want to start over from the beginning again. I did some academy content but I dont know if Im properly enrolled as a student if that wasnt a feature yet back then.
When I talk to Alpharius he tells me to wait for Kendar and I'm not sure if I can talk to the parents? I assume their village is in the south where the bad weather is blocking my access?

Awesome game by the way and thanks for responding
To know if you are enrolled, simply speak to the girl at the front desk, there should be questions about how to join or about the exams if you aren't.

To talk to your parents, you should go to the small village east of Rahib (it's right next to the Cornelius' Pass western gate).

how do i get the magi's crown off?
Currently... You don't. I keep forgetting. -_-

I'll make sure to add a way to remove it today, although that will still be a month or so from now for the public version.

Edit: I lied, I forgot about adding it, actually. XD

There is a temple in Tarkas, residential district, with altars for all the main Gods. The priest there allows you to remove cursed items.

Last edited:

worldknower

Jun 11, 2018
Is there a comprehensive guide a to how to find all the scenes?
The H-Scene list and Walkthrough seem kinda out of date, and the Scene list only really showed a guide for the "major" characters anyways.

Would be nice to have a place to search for the gallery picture numbers somewhere and just have it tell you have to find it ingame.

If this exist already, please someone tell me where to find it.

I've played this game alot, and there are still scenes ive never found.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Is there a comprehensive guide a to how to find all the scenes?
The H-Scene list and Walkthrough seem kinda out of date, and the Scene list only really showed a guide for the "major" characters anyways.

Would be nice to have a place to search for the gallery picture numbers somewhere and just have it tell you have to find it ingame.

If this exist already, please someone tell me where to find it.

I've played this game alot, and there are still scenes ive never found.
I assume you are the same guy from Patreon, right? As far as I know, there aren't any fan-made guides or lists, unfortunately.

holyfirer

Jul 26, 2024
To know if you are enrolled, simply speak to the girl at the front desk, there should be questions about how to join or about the exams if you aren't.

To talk to your parents, you should go to the small village east of Rahib (it's right next to the Cornelius' Pass western gate).

Currently... You don't. I keep forgetting. -_-

I'll make sure to add a way to remove it today, although that will still be a month or so from now for the public version.

Edit: I lied, I forgot about adding it, actually. XD

There is a temple in Tarkas, residential district, with altars for all the main Gods. The priest there allows you to remove cursed items.
Awesome that worked, thanks! I hadn't realized I could get to the left side of the map by crossing via the north. I mustve gotten the merchant pass back in the days at some point

Reactions: mdqp

DKlebba

Sep 9, 2021

I worked for several years on Caliross and I am already a few years behind schedule for a 1.0 release at this point. While this means I got the chance to add way more than I previously planned, it also meant that some of the original ideas I had never made it in the game. While I like the game, I'd probably burn-out on the project if I kept at it for another year or two.

Also, you'd be surprised, but long projects tend to lose support over time, so the more I work on Caliross, the more I stand to lower how much I make. Perhaps a new update a few years down the line could be different, but I wouldn't count on it. I have the next game lined up anyway, and that's a sequel to a previous game which can't really wait much longer either.

Eh, fair enough. I just really like the general style of Caliross, and it feels like it's met maybe 20% of its potential, there's so much more you could do with it. But I'm sure whatever you work on next will be excellent, so as long as you're productive I'll be satisfied.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018

Eh, fair enough. I just really like the general style of Caliross, and it feels like it's met maybe 20% of its potential, there's so much more you could do with it. But I'm sure whatever you work on next will be excellent, so as long as you're productive I'll be satisfied.
I get what you mean, and believe me I have a lot of things I'd change/improve/add if I could go back or if I had infinite time and no meaningful constraints (I think a lot of devs and authors are painfully aware of how much better things could be if they extended development just one more year), but I am not getting any younger, and at some point you have to say "good enough" and wrap it up.

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes