Unreal Engine Call of Beyond [v0.6 Premium] [Call of Beyond Team]

4.30 star(s) 13 Votes
Sep 13, 2017
Impressive amount of custom assets here. Its not just some duct taped crap.

With that said, that human locomotion system is total shit. Sprinting starts fast and then slows down. Looks horrible. Noticing more and more unreal games with it, whatever the asset library is called.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
The thirst, hunger and insanity mechanics are WAAAYY too over-bearing right now. You have no time to learn mechanics, environment or even get a feel for the game before your dead. This is just a recipe for frustration, which will lead to players leaving for something else. Interesting concept, but a waste of time and effort in its current form. Balance and give players a chance to figure out there is a potential here.

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
I have to agree that the balancing needs a bit of tweaking here and there, but one I have the most issue with is time, night comes way too fast and doesn't leave room for explorations, wich leads to starvation, thirst and scare (?). Although I bet the parameters are this "overtuned" given the sex part of the game, some males will recover either hunger, thirst or sanity after intercourse, so it's probably that the reason of why.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Glad this game seems to be actually developing into a game, even if the balance isn't there yet.

My next hope is that eventually scenes get a bit more substance to them for lack of a better word. As nice as the animations are, it will get to a point where walking up to things and hitting e for sex isn't enough for me. Need some dialogue, some context, etc. etc.

Nov 24, 2019
Glad this game seems to be actually developing into a game, even if the balance isn't there yet.

My next hope is that eventually scenes get a bit more substance to them for lack of a better word. As nice as the animations are, it will get to a point where walking up to things and hitting e for sex isn't enough for me. Need some dialogue, some context, etc. etc.
i feel the same however i feel like it would be nice if they had stages so sex could kind of progress and not be just one animation on a loop. Like Skyrim stages in a sense but more polished

Reactions: MidnightKing

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
"Furthermore, we added a Needs system, where Senna, as a normal human being, needs to drink water and eat. This means you'll need to hunt for resources in order to survive."
:poop: :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
Oh no. Thinking and a little effort required in a game? Heaven forbid.

I just started playing it but how do you save the game? I don't want to have to always start from 0
Save game is not available yet. Will be coming in a future release ;-)

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Its an okay start to the needs system, but saying "as a normal human being" doesn't really work. Why?

Well, I doubt it will have:
-> Pooping.
-> Peeing.
-> Eating too much and getting bloated.
-> Bleeding.
-> Infection.
-> Disease.
-> Cleanliness.
-> Sleep requirement.
-> Deep wounds.
-> Broken / Fractured body parts.
-> Need to cook food.
-> Need to boil water.
-> Temperature.

Etc...

So it kinda feels half-baked, like most "survival systems". But its a start, and interested to see where it goes.

Sep 13, 2017
The entire survival idea is out of scope for something like this. It wants to be a dark souls clone while simultaneously being a shitty survival game.

But hey, if they want to make it more realistic, they could add a button to open and close your eyelids. Otherwise they get too dry. See?! Depth!

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Agree. I think the sanity mechanic is a good addition, but food/water is poorly designed and just doesn't fit great for this game. Like Eternal Darkness also had a sanity mechanic and it didn't need food/water to do it well.

Reactions: FilthyWeaboo
4.30 star(s) 13 Votes